[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: venice-districts_0.jpg (430 KB, 900x550)
430 KB
430 KB JPG
Is moving to Venice to live there even a remote possibilty if you aren't multimillionaire / have ancestral property there?

Asking because it's the only place in the world where the only way to get around is by walking. I hate driving, and I hate bikes, and the idea of living in a real life RPG city where you have to walk to get around is pretty appealing
>>
Have you considered simply looking at rental properties to answer your own question or do you just want to talk about the dream you don't actually want to realize?
>>
>>2708707
Guanajuato, Mexico is another city that has very few cars on the city center streets - the roads are all underground.
>>
File: damn dirty gypsies.jpg (43 KB, 625x454)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>2708707
>the idea of living in a real life RPG city where you have to walk to get around is pretty appealing
The difference is, goblins and thieves live within the city, not in the forest right outside the city's borders.
>>
>>2708749
damn that looks pretty cool thanks for the recommendation
>>
>>2708707
Live there and do what? I doubt there are any scalable career opportunities there. You're better off living in a big city and taking days off to visit for a few days a year.
>>
>>2708707
>walking city
Nice
>severe lack of greenery
pass.
>>
>>2708707
if only there was some kind of way to remotely check if there are any jobs available for you in Venice
oh well, maybe they'll invent something like that in the future
some kind of connected "net" of information you could search through
>>
>>2708707
Venice is nice, especialy when its not season, but only for short term visits. Also its pricy rent wise, food is also more pricier, you can find okeish restaurants but you still pay more than you should. Even when its not a season it can get crowdy, you need to dump trash to special designated points (sometimes located to 800m from your flat). Did you consider some places with public transport? (Like metro for example?) Most big cities in jap are designed to pedestrian/metro use.
>>
>>2708707
Venice is not that expensive, there is a famous university so there are a lot of students. Imo is not that great to live there, it's super humid and there are a lot of tourists. a lot of venetian people live in Marghera (shithole). Murano and Burano are comfy though.
>>
Not even Venetians live in Venice
>>
>>2708707
I lived and worked there.
Unless you are a trust fund kid with money coming from thin you should not consider it.
Its a tourist trap wih no services.
Everything is aimed to scam tourists.
Full of north african niggers and rich russians going in the boutiques
The only real city close to it its a ghetto.

Italy in general guarantees a decent QOL only if you dont have to work and receive a ton of money doing nothing.
If you have to work its not worth it
>>
>>2709208
Surely Mestre and the surroundings are just a normal ass city? I guess that defeats OP's aims but it can't be that bad, almost all the tourists just drive through there to leave their car at the parking lot and hop over the bridge to the old town.
>>
>>2709130
How’s the humidity compared to texas or florida?
>>
>>2708707
Yeah, OP, this >>2708720. Are you sure you want to buy property in a historical area? It comes with a shitton of caveats and pitfalls. If and when there’s water damage, you’re on the hook for it. I personally would NOT buy a house there because of the expenses and rules in that particular place. Not unless I was running a hotel or airbnb business out of the building.

I’m in the process of buying property abroad in the EU so I kind of understand how things go over there. It can be a lot cheaper than we are used to but buyer be-fucking-ware. Things can go really, really wrong, legally and then finanfially speaking.
>>
>>2709235
It’s not a ghetto in the sense that americans are used to. It’s a “ghetto” in the sense europeans are used to. In other words nothing to worry about. That’s actually where I’d probably buy if I were to own in venice specifically.
>>
>chock-full with tourists for most of the year
>hot and humid in summer, kinda shitty in winter
>gets flooded regularly
>houses are old and shitty
>having to walk everywhere is both a blessing and a curse for obvious reasons
>if you need to have a car for when you live the city good luck finding a parking spot where to keep it
the place has some real magic to it and it's not like every bar/restaurant is a shitty tourist trap, but I don't know if living there is worth it. It's one of those things that sound better on paper
>>2709235
Mestre is a shithole, an industrial city that's also full of immigrants and crime, you'd be better off living in one of the small villages nearby.
Treviso is a much nicer option to live in imo, and it's a half an hour train ride away from Venice so you could still go there any time you want
>>
OP just go play assassins creed 2. Moving to real venice is pure retardation. As an actual place to live it's utterly been demolished beyond belief by tourism. I cannot even imagine living there.
>>
>>2709764
Yeah, this. Unless they somehow get tourists to fuck off then dont bother. Last time that place was usable was in 2015.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.