[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1725394227979175.jpg (1.86 MB, 3990x2660)
1.86 MB
1.86 MB JPG
Right now considering Beijing => Xi'an => Zhangjiajie => Shanghai. Around 2 weeks total.
Never been to China, are there any things I need to know beforehand, or watch out for? I know about all the local apps and the fact that some of the western websites/apps won't work.
Are there any other places you'd recommend I visited? I can still very much change my plan.
Also could you recommend any performances in China? I'd like to see some traditional theatre, music or festivals (probably not gonna happen, since there is no holiday when I'm going).
>>
Highjacking the thread a bit - did anyone visit Zhangjiajie in the winter? I'll most likely end up in China in late November/December and I assume the visibility will be so shit the whole trip to the park would be ultimately pointless.
Also, any experience with the new 15 day visa free stamp some countries now get? I've heard they don't give you any problems about multiple reentries, but what about classic border guard nuissances like having return tickets?
>>
File: 1000077941.png (369 KB, 931x699)
369 KB
369 KB PNG
Bumping the thread because I'm also planning a trip next summer visiting Beijing => Xi'an => Zhangjiajie => Guilin => Shenzhen
>>
>>2709095
Not a bad itinerary but I'd swap out Shenzhen for something else. If you're going to Xian, Luoyang isn't far and well worth a visit.
>>
>>2709176
I'll consider your recommendation. Window of the world theme park and Huawei campus seem really fun to visit but I guess you're right. Since I'm traveling half the world from Europe to see China, it's better to see more China rather than european themed parks. Thanks Anon
>>
>>2709356
Reason I say Luoyong is it's supposedly the oldest continuously inhabited city in China and one of the ancient capitals. It has Longmen Grottoes, Shaolin Temple, and one of the best preserved old cities of any major city in China. The local food is also very good and it's not as touristy as Xian. It is in Henan though which has some of the worst air pollution in China but as long as you go during summer before they start turning the heating on it the air quality should be tolerable.
>>
By the way, what apps do you need in China? I saw people meniotning wechat as a replacement for whatsapp, but it apparently requires you to get some approval from a person who has had the app for half a year to get verified? What the fuck is this garbage?
>>
>>2710601
Sounds like China.
You have not known hell until you've tried to register on some Chinese forum.
>>
>>2710601
Haven't been there yet but from what I read you'll at least need Wechat because they use it for payments almost exclusively, most places don't take cash, from my understanding there are dedicated stands on airports that help you set it up quickly. Other than that you should get Baidu maps and Waygo or any other translator that works in China.
Some other quality of life apps are: Didi Chuxing (equivalent to Uber), Klook (booking platform), MetroMan China and Dazhong Dianping (restaurant reviews).
I hope someone who's been to China can confirm this and add some other tips.
>>
>>2709095
> Zhangjiajie

Jiuzhaigou is better. Sichuan, Yunnan and Qinghai are the best parts of China

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.