[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Maximum file size allowed is 8192 KB.
  • Images greater than 10000x10000 pixels are not allowed.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Expect some downtime in the next few minutes for upgrades!

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Pepe pubsub.png (255 KB, 447x458)
255 KB
255 KB PNG
Thinking of buying a home in Ocala, what are some better Florida alternatives?
>>
File: 1603901207282.jpg (153 KB, 1024x820)
153 KB
153 KB JPG
>>2709612
Naplesanon here, you are probably priced out of much of South Florida. It's getting insane, really. Maybe Sarasota or parts of St. Pete are affordable still. Central Florida SUCKS, probably the worst place in Florida after Jacksonville.
>inb4 Orlando/Jacksonville cope, we all know they are shitholes
Tallahassee and the surrounding area aren't bad, but it's not much like "Florida".
>>
File: figures.jpg (42 KB, 516x600)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>>2709644
Might be right, 300k is my budget but I'm hoping to spend a decent amount less. For context, I'm already a Florida native, living in a Broward apartment among the bland and boring suburbs.
>>
>>2709644
Why does central suck so much? I just want warmth in winter. Also considering the panhandle.
>>
>>2709928
Central is far from warm in the winter. It fucking sucks in winter. You have two seasons: 95 degree 95% humidity cloudy summer. And 10 degrees freezing dry cloudy winter.
>>
>>2710306
Come on, it gets cold for all of ten or fifteen days a year in winter. And if you hate tropical weather, why the fuck would you even be living in Florida? Fat boomer fucks who complain about humidity should go back to Minnesota or whatever frozen shithole they came from.
>>
Anyone know how downtown St. Pete is? I'm looking at furnished rentals and it's surprisingly affordable for a "walkable" part of Florida and there's even some relatively affordable apartments if I end up wanting something long term.
I lived in SoFlo for a few years and the prices were already getting insane when I left so it sounds too good to be true.
>>
>>2709644
Jacksonville really sucks but Orlando is decent
>>
>>2710362
What do you mean by downtown exactly? It seems to change from street to street in terms of sketchiness but I've only been on vacation a few times so a local can speak to it more but generally the stretch from Kenwood down to the water is nice.
>>
File: 1720555313840452.png (272 KB, 684x465)
272 KB
272 KB PNG
>>2710675
downtown proper
I imagine it's like most of soflo was where during the day you're fine but going out alone at night could be dicey
>>
>>2709612
Jupiter
>>
>>2710523
>Orlando is decent
Wrong
>>2710732
>Jupiter
Shithole
>>
Lake City, Apalachicola...
>>
>>2710689
Sounds about right but for the most part I think you can be out at night without issue. Few sketchy characters from what I've seen but once you know any problematic spots to avoid you'd be pretty good after that.
>>
>>2710523
I was just in Orlando and there were nogs everywhere, EVERYWHERE, even worse than Jacksonville
>>
>>2710962
isn't jupiter where the rich live?
is there any cheap beach towns anymore??
>>
>>2711385
Jacksonville is extremely segregated
>>
Venice. Right on the Gulf.
>>
File: Florida Lightning.gif (1.9 MB, 1280x800)
1.9 MB
1.9 MB GIF
>>2709612
Nice!
I'm on a five year plan to move to Florida from Pennsylvania. Ocala is the first place I'm considering. First I don't want the cities, second it is more affordable. But the biggest decision is the hundreds of miles of mountain bike paths in the area.
>>
>>2711295
Fuck off we're FULL
>>
>>2715070
As long as you are prepared for tropical heat and humidity on those bike paths.
>>
>>2710689
south st pete is full on ghetto, pretty much anything south of the Trop and Johns Hopkins. downtown and just west of it where all the hippies and fags congregate isn't too dangerous unless Black Lives are Mattering at any given moment
>>
>>2709684
Probably Brevard/Indian River cty. Not sure how expensive Vero Beach is but 300k will be close to doable in Brevard. Palm Bay and Melbourne can be pretty sleepy at times but there are way worse places to be in Florida
>>
>>2715263
IRC is FULL. Even if you we wanted you here, they build houses here at a snail's pace. Brevard is becoming Shitty Orlando Suburb No. 765. Just do yourself a favor and stay the fuck out.
>>
>>2715243
I can adapt. Bike trails in the Pittsburgh area are often a muddy mess or freezing cold 6 months of the year.
>>
>>2711584

Westside Jax: bad place to be

Northside Jax: ghetto but functional

Southside Jax: god-awful traffic

Beaches: unaffordable

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.