[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Maximum file size allowed is 8192 KB.
  • Images greater than 10000x10000 pixels are not allowed.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Expect some downtime in the next few minutes for upgrades!

[Advertise on 4chan]

Traveling used to seem like an adventure, full of promise and excitement. But now, at 25, it feels hollow—each trip another reminder of what’s missing. I’ve seen beautiful places, sure, but every city is another empty hotel room, every scenic view another moment spent alone. I watch people, couples, families, all sharing something I can't seem to find. Each return home feels lonelier than the last, with no one to share stories with, no one to miss me.

The thrill of new experiences fades fast when you’ve got no one to come back to. And the worst part is, there’s nothing more miserable than realizing it’s not the places you visit that make you feel alive—it’s the people you share them with.
>>
>>2710460
>But now, at 25, it feels hollow—each trip another reminder of what’s missing
Blew your b8 way too early anon, try this again but use something like 30.
>>
>>2710464
That's unfortunately not bait, everyone on the internet now thinks if you aren't a teenager, you're an old man. People act like they're fucking geriatrics because they can remember shit from the aughts. It's embarrassing.
>>
>>2710468
>caring what the internet thinks of you
lmao.. lol... NGMI anywhere if you think this

Again here is a pity you for the thread but try your bait better with a new thread in a week.
>>
>>2710460
Last vacation , I thought I’d step into a bar while traveling, just to break the routine of quiet dinners alone. When I handed my ID to the bouncer, he glanced at it, saw I was 26, and chuckled. “Sorry, man, we’re keeping it younger tonight,” he said, handing it back like my age was some kind of joke. I stood there, awkward and rejected, realizing how out of place I felt. Traveling isn’t worth it anymore. No matter where I go, it’s the same lonely feeling, like I don’t belong anywhere—not even in places I should fit into. All this wandering, searching for something meaningful, just to be turned away at every door.
>>
>>2710460
>But now, at 25
TOTAL ZOOMER DEATH
>>
You're that same loser with the other thread about traveling alone, aren't you? What's wrong retard did you see another 25 year old without a wife and kid?
>>
File: 1645329622324.jpg (84 KB, 500x419)
84 KB
84 KB JPG
>>2710460
>Each return home feels lonelier than the last, with no one to share stories with, no one to miss me.
you have a 'cargo cult' mentality thinking some nagging wife or normie gf will make your life better, when the fact is you have overactive amygdalae and you overproduce cortisol to the extent that it's not in your nature to ever have a good time.
>>
>>2710476
>bar
>bouncer
that's not a bar
>>
>>2710514
I know it's bait but I have seen bouncers ID people abroad. Though usually they only really do it to foreigners as a way to just tell them to fuck off as they assume they are poor, don't know the local language, too drunk, or all the above.

If you're abroad and a bar tells you no, just walk to another one. If you're a tourist most will be happy to take you money
>>
>>2710518
its not bait.
bars dont have bouncers. clubs do.
no one will keep you from going into a bar.
>>
>>2710520
>he hasn't been to america
Anon I see them all the time outside bars in Austin hell sometimes police or armed gaurds wanting your ID's, especially some places in El Paso or Miami; this goes same with sports bars in England depending on the game. Caribbean has them to in many places often to filter out locals.

Are you a travelet?
>>
File: IMG_20240401_115043.jpg (3.27 MB, 3264x2448)
3.27 MB
3.27 MB JPG
>>2710460
Your problem is that you are still too young, too full of the idealistic expectations of youth. You refuse to satisfy yourself with whatever life brings your way. You refuse to view difficult travel episodes as life lessons which are building your maturity and character. Instead, you complain that the world sucks and beg for sympathy on a basket-weaving forum, having not yet accepted that there is no mommy to soothe and shelter you when you are feeling bad. Welcome to adulthood, pal. You can go on wallowing in misery like all the other retards here, or you can break out of your blue funk and find your own groove. It's your life and your choice.
I went to Southeast Asia for six months last year. Sometimes it was fun, but many days were downer days, both physically and mentally. Transcribing my travel diary ahead of my return to Thailand this October is really helping me understand how certain decisions developed into bad habits which mired me in parasitic negativity. Now I have a much better idea what choices I need to make this time in order to live my best life over there.
>>
>>2710520
>bars dont have bouncers. clubs do.
lmao
>go to germany
Had some people sitting right at the door to shoo away the begger and scaming refugees
>go to UK during soccer match
They have people at the doors for capacity control and not to let opposing teams clash
>go to Philippines
better parts of the towns have security right outside making sure who comes in isn't a poorfag
>go to mega city in the usa
Bigger bars often have bouncers past 8PM
>go to singapore
they have "hosts" in the front doors after THAT incident in little India

I've even seen it in some of the bar alleys of Japan usually 1-2 guys watching the doors for multiple bars if someone is looking different. Not everyone who is a bouncer looks like the club ones.
>>
>>2710460
I get his point. Travelled extensively on my own, each time seems to be less worth the effort.
>>
>>2710460
You’re too young to be feeling like this dude. These are feelings you shouldn’t be acquainted with for another 10 years. I’m 33 and I’m only just beginning to appreciate the rammifications of being a schizoid, eschewing “building” a life in exchange for more hedonism etc. go live your fucking life
>>2710720
>Transcribing my travel diary
I’ve kept a diary as well and indeed it’s a good reference for what works and what doesn’t in terms of short term life decisions.
>>
>>2710460
Do a {small} group tour. Then you can all be miserable together.
>>
>>2710795
jk
srsly, do a group thing. you'll find out if you are really a loner
>>
>>2710460
I'm 37 and currently in India alone. Love it. Did think about going to a hostel for a few nights to maybe meet some fitties but decided I don't actually need any of that shit and am happy alone.

You're a weak faggot.
>>
>>2710853
Op btfo by an oldie lmao
>>
>>2710853
based
>>
>>2710853
>I'm 37
im sorry for your loss
>>
>>2710460
Travel is ultimately expensive escapism. The sooner you realize this the better.

Buy a house, find Jesus, get married, start having kids. This is the recipe for true fulfillment in life.
>>
>>2711770
this anything else is cope
>>
>>2710720
It's hilarious to see decent advice coming from someone flying across the world to fuck thai prossies
>>
>>2711770
>buy house get married have kids
lol at buying some broad a house for when she splits after a couple years of listening to american brainrot telling her thhe world owes her everything
>>
I wake up
Another psyop
Then I realize I'm a cat
Then I call OP a massive faggot
>>
File: 1680375125305771.png (3.04 MB, 2288x1700)
3.04 MB
3.04 MB PNG
>>2710460
You need to find inner peace and a sense of spirituality anon. Learn to love being on your own <3 Study NDEs to get going on that quest, since NDEs are seriously irrefutable proof that heaven really is awaiting us all because (1) people see things during their NDEs when they are out of their bodies that they ought not be able to under the assumption that the brain creates consciousness, and (2) anyone can have an NDE and everyone is convinced by it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U00ibBGZp7o

So every atheist or materialist or agnostic would be too if they had an NDE, so pic related is literally irrefutable proof of life after death. As one NDEr pointed out:

>"The minute that I kind of woke up on that hillside in heaven I knew that that was more real than any time I've ever spent here on Earth. And I knew instantly that my time here was really but a dream. It's real to us when we're in it, but once I was there in heaven I realized that's more real, that felt more real, and it made much more sense to me than anything here. This is kind of nonsensical at times. In heaven, it's so clear, so real, so rational, so logical, but yet emotional and loving at the same time. Immediately I knew that was real and this was not. Immediately."

If NDEs were hallucinations then extreme atheists and neuroscientists who had NDEs would agree that they were halluinations after having them. But the opposite happens as NDEs convince every skeptic when they have a really deep NDE themselves.

So NDEs convince people who have them, and so does the extensive scholarly literature on NDEs for the people who actually reads it. The problem, however, is that so many pseudoskeptics never actually read the scholarly literature on NDEs and instead just assume, based on their materialist dogma, that since there can not be any evidence for the reality of NDEs, there is no point actually learning more about NDEs.

Traveling on your own should be amazing. You can get there.
>>
>>2710476
What city
>>
>>2710460
Like with all other stuff
>moderation is a key
Dont overdoo it, ive seen many people that stoped traveling alltogheter becausr of this. Im at 60 countries and ive many of them multiple times. Im 36yo and had some periods of burnout in past. Sometimes one or two trips a year is enough, if you got a fever do more, but dont book 5 trips expecting it to magicly fix your issues/give you a total reset. If you travel more just dont travel more than 1 time a year to same destination/similar one.
>pick up a partner in crime
Im introvert but I dont find traveling alone as much fun as travelling with partner. If you lack one try to find a mate. It can be gf/bf, or just good friend. Just be sure that you know and like said person.
>switch things up
Maybe you should try to change something about your way of travelling - book different type of hotels/rbnb/places do different activities.
Its all very obvious and normal stuff that you can implement into other parts of your live. Travelling is the same, its just a hobby, addiction at worst/best. People which claim its something more are just doing mental gymnastic for their escapism rutine.
>>
>>2713188
>all Thailand travelers are coooomers!!!
>>2711770
>true fulfillment
More expensive escapism. Anyone who promises you that doing X or Y will bring you happiness & fulfillment is a manipulative, lying sack of shit.
>>
>>2713498
Collections of imaginative stories spun around recalled images of a transcendental experience do not fit any definition of "scholarly literature". Tens of thousands of people come close to death every day, yet very few of them have transcendental visions. Blandly arrogant religionist assumptions that everyone's dying experience is identical, when in fact every individual journey is unique and depends greatly on how you've lived life in preparation for death.
>>
>>2711770
>Buy a house, find Jesus, get married, start having kids. This is the recipe for true fulfillment in life.
Plenty of people do that and end up miserable and unfulfilled. Satisfaction with life is up to the individual.
Cope
Seethe

You're all spiritual plebs.
>>
>>2710468
That's just because gen alpha got online and is trolling everyone
>>
>>2711770
Buying a house and getting married is the worst things you can do as a man in the west because you can lose your wife and home as soon as she feels like she wants attention and to ride the cock carousel again. Finding jesus and having kids is good advice and what a lot of men are doing now anyways. My gf had 2 of my kids and is working and cooking/cleaning while I'm in between jobs and investing in crypto. No wife would ever accept such an arrangement but a gf would.
>>
>>2713498
You are wrong about this. I drowned when I was 6 years old, I stopped breathing and was revived by my swim coach who was also an EMT. I had no such visions of heaven. One second I was in the pool having involuntary convulsions from lack of oxygen, the next minute I was staring at the sky and my coach’s face. There was nothing on the other side but blackness.
>>
File: IMG-20160911-WA0038.jpg (170 KB, 1600x1066)
170 KB
170 KB JPG
>>2710460
I flew via Moscow to Ulaanbaatar, the capital of Mongolia, couple days later drove in a shitty bus to the center of genghis khan's empire, karakorum. There I signed up for a group tour of 18 day horse riding. I've never touched a horse Kek. Introduction was lol get up and walk around on a leash for 20 minutes and off we were. Slept with locals in yurts (tents) ate the local food (mutton) and drank the local vodka (Russian)

You see the stars, there's no light around you in 100 miles, saw the milky way with bare eyes. We caught a fish and some locals cooked some potatoes for us and showed us how to eat the fish, suddenly, everybody is drunk bc too many vokdas, a horse of wild horses appears. Someone shouts stand close to the fire! We try to light it up and in the last seconds thr horses part in front of us and ran left and ride of us - golden moment, let me tell you that.

Additionally, Mongolian woman are very polarizing, half of them look how you probably imagine one, but oh boy the other half... Most of them are decendend of khan and they are beautiful, strong, yet feminine in the right moments.

Skip mainstream destinations and dive into adventure. Oh, and ride the train into the Gobi desert and bring lots of vokdas and snacks for the inevitable friends you'll make.
>>
>>2710460
traveling is escapism and a huge pain in the ass but so is life
>>2710720
>>2711770
I agree
>>2714829
that's great, yeah going off the beaten path is great but you must have guts (I don't)
>>
>at 25
Shut the fuck up zoomer
>>
>>2711770
I found Jesus, I found the woman, we were engaged, we were happy, we had a house and then she decided she didn't want kids. What the fuck else am I supposed to do? This is fucked advice, m8
>>
File: P_20200223_085046.jpg (3.12 MB, 3264x1836)
3.12 MB
3.12 MB JPG
>>2714829
>social travel adventures in Mongolia
Must help to speak Russian fluently. A lot of anons here are not cut out for social adventures. In Spanish-speaking countries, people always thought I was having difficulty understanding their Spanish, but that was not the case. I simply had no response to their prying personal interest. It's undisciplined emotional warmth and cameraderie (the social experiences that normies live for) which are most repellent to me. If the conversation stays impersonal and social barriers are respected, I can talk for hours. IDC about your name, age, occupation, hometown, etc. It's only your ideas and experiences which are relevant to my pursuit of knowledge, and vice versa. Unfortunately, few humans in 2024 have enough intelligence and command of English to discourse and debate for hours on wide-ranging topics.
>>
Another weak loser who can't handle the struggles of life.
>25
Fuck off grandpa
>>
>>2714871
Vodka speaks. I'm from Germany and speak 0 Russian lol. Oh, but we were clever and hired a translator girl for our trip specifically so we could speak to the locals.. Be creative, ignore all the NPCs in life, do your best to rid yourself of things Jews have taken control over, become a carnivore (like the mongols!) eat unprocessed beef and eggs and beef tallow and sea salt only and take your pleasures not from food but from achievements and slowly, your Testosterone will rise and show the world the results after a couple months.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.