[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Maximum file size allowed is 8192 KB.
  • Images greater than 10000x10000 pixels are not allowed.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Expect some downtime in the next few minutes for upgrades!

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 542652.jpg (155 KB, 647x600)
155 KB
155 KB JPG
Once while at a bar in Paris, I overheard a Canadian, whose accent was identical to mine (and most Americans), feel the need to explain to the bartender in English that he “isn’t a stupid American” while ordering his drink. Why are Canadians like this?
>>
Same as a Hispanic American will indignantly insist "I'm Texan, not Mexican" if you assume he's a Mexican. And the Mexicans look down on the squatamalans. It's the way it is.
>>
>>2711689
Mostly it’s because they are scared of getting their ass beat.

Canadians have an extreme inferiority complex. However, they love American and want so badly to be American. Think of every rich and famous Canadian celeb you know of and odds are they live in the USA. Why? Canada is boring as fuck and absolutely shit.
>>
>>2711754
Had a bartender in Valencia juicing me up this weekend about being Canadian rather than American. I was getting second hand embarrassment. Told him it’s the same shit.
My story I was going to tell happened the same day

>drunk retard Brit comes into the place I was grabbing a beer and Jamon in
>starts shouting and puffing at our waiter that he told him not to give him alcohol because Itmakes him sleepy
>he has what’s pretty clearly an a aperol spritz in his hand, spilling it everywhere
>mate come and grabs him and informs him the bar they got the drinks from is the one across the street not the one he’s accosting a waiter in
This was at 1:00 pm
>>
>>2711689
cringe? thats based as fuck
>>
If I overheard a Canadian outside of Canada I think I would beat their ass. I did not leave Canada to be surrounded by fucking Canadians and their retardation.
>>
>>2711768
you wont do shit
>>
>>2711768
>physically assault an innocent tourist overseas
Enjoy your deportation :)
>>
>>2711689
This
>>2711754

Canadians entire country identity is not being American and wanna gobble Euro nuts. Its honestly embarrassing af. Its why they are so liberal compared to us literally just to try and be different.
>>
14 years ago I went to Italy for a class trip and the chaperones were some of the parents.One of them was this old serious black guy.
we were walking in Florence by the hall with all the statues of the Italian greats and the tour guide asked us if we knew why America was named as such
The black guy, who had barely spoken the whole trip, went in front of the crowd and yelled "cuz of freedom" with a smug look and the tour guide just had to correct him since we were standing next to the amerigo statue.
still cringe to this day
>>
>>2711689
>be young american stallion in philippines
>not unusual I see foreigners fly thousands of miles across the pacific ocean and spend $800 - $3000 for the opportunity to date the fattest & ugliest women possible
There's a lot of cute girls here but I almost always see foreign men dating total hogs here. The real kicker is I guarentee these girls manipulated the men into sending their filipino families a ton of money. I always see foreigners bragging how they send 200 to 500 bucks to their girlfriends family monthly.
>>
>>2711709
who do guatas look down on
>>
>>2711864
No one because no one is shorter than them.
>>
File: 1715780099138385.png (1.05 MB, 800x500)
1.05 MB
1.05 MB PNG
>>2711689
>first time in europe
>took a bus from madrid to fuck off nowhere, france
>walked from bus station over to a carrefour
>first time in a proper grocery, only shopped at convenience stores in spain
>have backpack with me
>clerk asks for my bag since I can't shop with it on
>surewhatever.gif
>grab some bread and a snack
>pay and start leaving
>realize I forgot to grab my bag
>circle back to the counter where they took it
>got my bag, ready to go
>carrefour has gates like pic rel
>never seen them at grocery stores in my hometown
>figure they go both ways
>spoiler: they don't
>try to push through and it's resisting
>push harder
>suddenly sirens start blaring
>realize I'm trying to leave through the entrance
>too_late.mp4
>fully commit to my exit strategy
>sirens screaming, everyone in the market is looking at me
>awkwardly chuckling and saying "sorry my bad" on the way out
>get outside and try to eat my bread
>it tasted like absolute shit
>>
File: ;ppl,atch.png (724 KB, 748x802)
724 KB
724 KB PNG
>>2711689
>the yellow fever french fag that goes to korea
>goes to the dance club
>they shoo him away
>>
>>2711760
He wasn't drunk. I was with their group.
>>
File: IMG_0607.jpg (73 KB, 1024x962)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
>>2711689
while I was in tokyo, akiba, some obnoxious american was explaining to the person working in one of those gacha stores that “in AMERICA, gambling laws work state that…"

another time, a fat american woman and her friend barged into a restaurant and loudly discussed the food choices. Two minutes later, after being obnoxiously loud, she waddled over to my friend and asked, in the most annoying american accent possible, “EXCUSE ME, WHAT ARE YOU EATING?” After he answered, she proceeded to ask if they had anything vegetarian, to which my friend replied that he had no idea. She then started bombarding a poor japanese worker, who didn’t speak english, with questions about vegetarian options
>mfw the entire time
>>
>>2712053
>>get outside and try to eat my bread
>>it tasted like absolute shit
No one in France buys bread from the supermarket.
You buy bread from bakeries, they bake fresh bread all day long.
The one from supermarkets is there all day long and has preservatives in it.
>>
In Tokyo, i was in an hostel that was onsen only (no individual shower booth), i didn't know before going.
Big towels were not allowed either, it was those little squares that cover nothing... Anyways, i was self conscious about my dick size, so i tried to "prop it up" discreetly in order to have a semi or something.
Some other guy saw me and laughed, i became known as the hostel perv for the rest of my stay.
>>
File: 1723279656485532.jpg (209 KB, 940x1024)
209 KB
209 KB JPG
On my way to Tokyo this May I had a layover in Beijing: nearby customs this old boomer approaches me begging me to help him fill the little paper slip they gave us on the plane. Said slip had the usual bullshit ( where are you staying, how much money are you carrying etc etc) and the dude had absolutely NO IDEA what it was saying because he told me he didn't read nor speak English or any kind of chinese. He was headed to Xi'an because he had found a good deal and liked the pictures of the place. He had no tour booked or any friend there. I helped him and bid him good luck, I hope he didn't end up in a ditch somewhere
>>
>>2712066
So he had less of a reason to act like a retard
>>
>>2711754
>Canadians have an extreme inferiority complex.
I was just going to post that. I first realized that backpacking through Europe a long time ago. Canadians honestly believed that having their flag stitched into their packs got them better service and kept them safe from beatings. They were the worst behaved travelers and we did our best to avoid them, thankfully easy to detect.
>>
>>2712121
He was suffering the effects of his illness and had to return to the airbnb.
>>
>>2711689
>>2711754
>>2711768
>>2711831
>>2712123
I am Canadian from the only tolerable province ( Alberta ) and I love America and 100% support annexation into the United States. We gave the idea of Canada a fair shake, at this point we are hurting ourselves by not being American.
>>
>>2712189
We don't want you, we already have too many flyover states.
>>
Not exactly cringe, but embarrassing.
Was bar crawling with some japs. Ended up at an anime bar. One of the girls challenged me to a tequila drink off. It ended with me vomiting my guts off a balcony and into an alleyway.
Not my proudest moment.
>>
>>2712198
presumably the japanese girl had died by that point?
>>
>>2712205
No. She was a demon.
I was thoroughly defeated
>>
>>2712053
I did something similar in Italy my first time abroad. I've been to maybe 6 countries since and have yet to see that kind of design in a grocery store. It's stupid.
>>
>>2712281
NEVER get into a drinking contest with a Japanese woman alcoholic lmao. I learned this lesson also.

I swear to God they have some gene that let's them just ignore alcohol poisoning and keep going.
>>
File: 1715466404948265.gif (1.35 MB, 342x316)
1.35 MB
1.35 MB GIF
>>2711689
>be in Manila, Philippines
>near bus station
>white(ish) guy approachs me
>asks if I know where the bus station is
>pointedly look at the bus station next to us
>that one?
>no that's not a bus station
>assure him that it is and he can find a bus to the province or across town there
>no I was just there it's not a bus station
>there are busses and they go places if it's not a bus station what is it?
>he begins to get angry
>Listen to me, I promise it's a bus station
>he explains that nobody would tell him where the busses would go or their schedule
>did you ask the bus drivers?
>no, just Filipinos standing around
>jfc
>tell him the bus numbers and schedule are online if not posted there
>he says to me he doesn't have a phone
>what do you mean
>I'm traveling without internet
>....ok, and now you're having problems right?
>Yeah
>so what are you going to do?
>I'm going to go find a bus that will take me to cavite
>well there are definitely busses to cavite at the station there, it's the primary hub
>that's not a bus station though
>I look at the busses and back at the guy
>I realize that despite his seemingly normal appearance and way of talking, that he is actually batshit fucking insane
>ok good luck, sorry I couldn't help you
>thanks no problem
>>
>>2712189
Sorry you have too many poojeets. Kick them out then you can join.
>>
File: 1719376541439968.jpg (143 KB, 1280x720)
143 KB
143 KB JPG
>>2712363
Someone said poojeet?
>>
I was in Nikko and there was this fat American weeb on the phone to his mom complaining about how small the portions of Japanese food were
>>
>>2712189

As someone who's been forced to travel to Alberta for business; I've found that Albertans tend to be a bunch of inbred retards. Stay in Canada, the US has plenty of inbred retards as it is.
>>
>>2711689
I dont do the hostel thing so not many tales but I did drop into one once to see some friends staying there, I just recall some fat british neckbeard drunkenly explaining to some other tourist the difference between Wales and England.
>>
Not throwing shade at Americans because every American i met who was travelling Europe were total bro's and fun to hang out with. But my most cringe experience was some old boomer American yapping on about his Norwegian heritage to some chink vendor lady selling tourist trinkets in Bergen, Norway.
>>
>>2712500
how is that even a story? You people are so dull.
>>
>>2711689
>Everytime I hear an American speak
That's how I cringe
>>
File: HABF02_2[1].png (236 KB, 512x384)
236 KB
236 KB PNG
>>2712079
boulangeries are a blessing every time I visit France, great quality/price ratio too usually
>>2712123
>Canadians honestly believed that having their flag stitched into their packs got them better service and kept them safe from beatings
kek that's insane, I thought it was only something that people joked about
>>
>doing laundry in SEA
>don't do it in my hotel because shit washers/dryers +high price, can basically go get it done down the street for 1/2 in a big industry size washer/dryer
>black fat woman waddles in don't pay it much mind other than what an absolute unit she is in size
>just go back to watching some YT videos on my phone with my headphones in
>comes over stares at me finally goes HELLO SIR I NEED WASH AND DRY
>I pull out my headphones to say okay
>she looks pissed WASH AND DRY
>I just stare at her going yeah?
>I WANT TO WASH AND DRY HERE ARE MY CLOTHES
>I don't work here
>WHAT
>I don't work here
>she looks stupid pissed HOW I WORK MACHINES?
>decide to be nice and just show her where to put in money for the coins to start the machines
>begins asking me what type of water she should use, soap, dry, like I don't fucking know what shit rags you have
>Tell her I am not sure
>WHERE IS MANAGER THIS UNACCEPTABLE
>motion I don't work here no clue but say there is a staff door over there maybe someone inside
>saw the owner go in like 10 minutes prior
>SHE is furious turns around and demands I tell her how long it will take
>30 minutes for a wash is what I selected now 45 for the dryer
>3 OR 4 MINUTE?
>wut
>No like an hour
>she looks like she never used one of these before
>WHAT THIS PLACE IS HORRIBLE I HAVE CHILDREN IN MY ROOM WAIT FOR ME I MUST GO AWAY FROM HERE
>everyone starts immediately saying stuff in local language with Negro being specifically talked about
>>
I cringe every time I see people with flags glued onto their backpacks as if they're some kind of big time travelers at 21 years old
>>
>>2712636
not as bad the travel penis measuring sessions that pollute every common room in a hostel. How many countries have you been to? How long have you been out travelling?
>>
>>2712682
Also, they'll as you where you've been so far, and OF COURSE, the one place you skipped they went to and it was the best place they've been too so far
>>
>>2712682
>not as bad the travel penis measuring sessions that pollute every common room in a hostel.
i was never invited to those :-(
>>
>>2712682
I pack a massive hog so I actually love those. Last time we made a paper crown with "KING DICK" written on it for the winner to wear around the hostel. Wearing it around the hostel and explaining why I am wearing it got me so much pussy it's unreal.
>>
>>2713261
I don't think you understand figurative speech
>>
Worse is Americans saying they are Canadians because they think they will get shit on for being American.
>>
Westerners really hate when I say it (especially North Americans and Anglos) but when people ask me where I'm from I say
>Texas
Locals love it, westerners seethe and immediately bring up politics
I realize it's cringe to those westerners but idc
>>
>>2713553
Lmao, Canadians do the "Oh shit I fucked up, UHH I AM AMERICAN YES FROM LA HAHA. NOT CANADA!".

Most americans actually play it off as a joke, no clue how many times I've heard "Oh sorry I am a dumb/ignorant/stupid American I don't know better LOL". Which is so cringe it hurts
>>
File: jeet 2.jpg (148 KB, 1288x726)
148 KB
148 KB JPG
>>2712384
Saar
>>
File: 1624205171909.jpg (20 KB, 335x335)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>2713261
actual picture of anon
>>
>>2711754
>Mostly it’s because they are scared of getting their ass beat.
Nobody in Europe would even think to beat someone up if he's from X for no good reason. Where do you get this from, is this common in NA? Why do you always have to turn everything into a Nigga moment?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKZbyC1ccMY
>>
>>2713534
I just decided to replace your gay incel bunkbed bickering with my based life experience since the vocabulary could fit either way.
That's the trick to living a fun life, anon
>>
>>2712046
kek, true
>>
>>2711860
Chad breeds 'em, then a dorker feeds 'em (and their kids)
>>2712053
They have those in American Walmarts too, nearly always in stores serving heavily non-white populations
>>
>>2711689
https://youtube.com/watch?v=Okh9pXz5oXk

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.