[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Maximum file size allowed is 8192 KB.
  • Images greater than 10000x10000 pixels are not allowed.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

Vermont is so damn beautiful, like most of new england
>>
File: 20210705_114035.jpg (3.69 MB, 3264x2448)
3.69 MB
3.69 MB JPG
>>2712622
It's one of the most sovlful states in America, that's for sure. The small farms, the rustic towns, the slowpoke highways following creeks through the hills. It's great for eating real farm-to-table food. However as a vagabond traveler, I much preferred Michigan for its plentiful open public lands. Michigan folks are easygoing and unpretentious, but their food is goyslop tier, however. Vermont feels economically exclusive and socially closed-off unless you are one of the weird-looking hipster whites with the obligatory libtarded mindset, which talks all about being inclusive and welcoming without actually being either.
>>
>>2712622
Vermont's a significant step up from Maine and NH in terms of tranquility and beauty.
Don't get me wrong, a lot of NH and ME are beautiful, but almost every square inch of VT is, and it feels like a peaceful place, removed from the rest of the world's troubles.
NH has the big mountain adventures (for east coast), but it's way busier with tourists. Way less calm and peaceful.
Maine is nice, but has a similar thing going on with tourists in the summer, and most of it isn't as pretty as NH or VT, it just has a lot of land so people have lake houses there.
>>
Too bad about the communism. Every nice place has to be ruined by it.
>>
>>2712917
>>2712968
arent they super gay like midwesterners politically?
also
>state income tax
NH sounds cool from this perspective but i feel like it also could be poisoned by fags from boston and nyc
ski was good here from what i remember
>>
>>2713017
All nice places are liberal. There are no “nice” conservative cities
>>
>>2713017
OH NO I SAW A GAY FLAG SAVE ME Q SAVE ME PRESIDENT TRUMP
>>
>>2714542
I considered providing examples of nice conservative places, but I know better than that.
>>
>>2714551
Thank you for not revealing the last few bastions we have.
>>
>>2714545
this but unironically, those flags mean the area is under occupation
>>
>>2712917
>The small farms, the rustic towns, the slowpoke highways following creeks through the hills. It's great for eating real farm-to-table food. However as a vagabond traveler, I much preferred Michigan for its plentiful open public lands. Michigan folks are easygoing and unpretentious

My family is from Western Massachusetts. I grew up in Michigan.

Can't say I agree with you. Michigan people are unpretentious, but they're not very easygoing: people in rural areas are often politically radicalized--in one direction or the other--and are incredibly quick to pick fights or take offense. It's one of those states where people get offended if you try to pass them on the highway.

Most of my friends and family in (rural) New England are liberal, but not in an obnoxious or purple-haired way. The culture in that part of the country--at least the parts where most residents aren't transplants from Boston or New York--is "leave me alone, follow the law, and mind your own fucking business."
>>
File: IMG_20240705_155006.jpg (512 KB, 1280x720)
512 KB
512 KB JPG
>>2714659
The white people of Ohio's countryside were much more aggressive behind the wheel, politically outspoken and unfriendly toward outsiders than in Michigan, IME. The highways around Traverse City had mean hectic summer traffic, but along the coast, traffic was quite sedate. People do drive faster in MI than in New England and often don't expect to stop for pedestrians. I drove the speed limit in MI and virtually everybody passed me outside of town. But there's no denying, Michiganders are more friendly and outgoing than New Englanders. The balmy summer weather and beach vibes put everyone in a good mood. In Michigan's small towns, I was greeted by nearly everyone I passed, despite being a scruffy bearded van vagabond with uncut hair. Rarely did people greet me when passing on the street in New England, though women sometimes smiled. The New England coast is like the California coast, very pretty but also very pretentious and elitist. Some parts of the Lake Michigan coast are elitist, specifically Leelanau County east and north to Petoskey, but not quite on New England's "we are the cradle of American civilization" level, and the Lake Huron coast was downright hometown-feeling.
>>
>>2714659
>people in rural areas are often politically radicalized--in one direction or the other--and are incredibly quick to pick fights or take offense. It's one of those states where people get offended if you try to pass them on the highway.

Nice to know I'm not crazy for picking up on this. People in cities are infinitely more chill than in rural areas, even though everyone claims the opposite.
>>
>>2714551
Yeah don't tell them
>>
>>2714551
Nice conservative places are typically exclusively tourist towns. Liberal towns almost always have a university close by.
>>
>>2713017
Their governor is a Republican. The hippies mostly keep to themselves

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.