[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Maximum file size allowed is 8192 KB.
  • Images greater than 10000x10000 pixels are not allowed.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

New anti-spam measures have been applied to all boards.

Please see the Frequently Asked Questions page for details.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_20241023_235829125.jpg (2.41 MB, 3264x1836)
2.41 MB
2.41 MB JPG
Discuss everything related to Thailand travel here. LARPers not welcome in this thread. Pics or it didn't happen.

Regarding high trust societies: show me another country where a flimsy net is considered adequate protection against theft for a restaurant located next to a busy boulevard in the big city. You can't.

No rangeban at this hotel, fuck yeah!
>>
Always enjoyable to start my time here hopping on the free BKK airport shuttle route C, which takes you out on Suvarnabumi 4 where it meets Lat Krabang Road. You stinky coomers don't deserve this tip, but there are some great shady benches along that road, and a steady parade of Bangkok's finest young women walk by heading to work at the airport, dressed in their uniforms and dolled up to perfection. Often they carry umbrellas in the sun like true ladies.
>>
File: IMG_20241024_012933943_LL.jpg (1.27 MB, 3264x1836)
1.27 MB
1.27 MB JPG
This room goes for 353 baht a night on OYO. Spacious, clean and spartan...located in a working-class neighborhood. No traffic noise in my room either.

Despite being awake for 45 hours by this point, I am feeling really positive and energized about returning to Thailand. People are so well-mannered here, and it's not fakery either. They are genuinely proud of their good manners, honesty, and devotion to their work. Coming from a country where everyone hates working and complains endlessly about not being rich enough, it's so goddamn refreshing to see students happy to be serving a light lunch of barbecue chicken and sticky rice for 75 cents. The scruffy young Thai guy selling prepared fruit wasn't sullen and bad-tempered like your typical zoomer mutt McWagie, he worked with peak efficiency and charged everyone a fair price. He's his own boss and damn proud of it.
>>
I like spending money in Thailand because thai people have pride and do a good job. I don't like spending money in Philippines because nobody has any pride and does the bare minimum to remain employed.

My heart swells with joy and civic pride every time 7/11 staff greet me when I walk in. How nice is it for shopkeepers to welcome their customers? Keep it up Thailand, and I will keep coming back.
>>
>>2726735
Why fly there just to get a shitty apt and shitty food? Lmao you don't even mention anything good
>>
Hopping on a random songtheaw can get you a mile from where you want to be going before the driver gets a chance to pull over, kek. I needed to go 7 km straight down the same road, but songtheaws always seem to run loop routes. A motorbike taxi guy, old and weather-beaten, perhaps even one of the peasants living in shanties along the canals, saw me trudging back up the soi with my bags under the hot sun, and told me 50 baht, 50 baht, that's what he'll charge me for a ride. It was a fair price for 5 km.

Yes, there is still extreme poverty scattered throughout Bangkok, as country folk continue to come to the city in search of opportunity and live in makeshift dwellings, often on land near waterways that is prone to flooding. These shacks lining a filthy canal were separated from the affluent neighborhoods beyond by a high wall topped with evil-looking spikes. This is just beyond the BKK airport. It's unpleasant to take what looks like a shortcut on a map, only to find that rich neighborhoods have blocked off access to all through traffic by controlling the few bridges over the canals, not even allowing foot passage.
>>
>>2726744
Name one thing shitty about the apartment, particularly when you consider it costs 11 fuckin' dollars a night. Only paypig geezers equate simplicity with low quality. The fridge here even comes pre-stocked with Singha water, sodas and beer, the latter two payable by the honor system evidently. A/C makes minimal noise and has the room temp/humidity down to 75 F and 42% after an hour of running. Front desk chick was very polite, which is rare in cheap hotels.
>>
>>2726748
So now you paying rent on 2 places? Why even go there to stay in shit apartment earing crap food?
>>
>>2726742
I agree bro, pride beats ass-kissing any day.
>>2726744
Place even has a nice spacious closet with rolling wood-panel doors. It's obvious all you fuckers who always be hating on my cheap rooms are jealous.
>cheap food
This one I'll own. All these street snacks ruin your appetite for a proper meal, particularly the ones fried in low-grade oil. It's not the food per se, but rather something about the enthusiasm and simplicity of the micro-business entrepreneur that makes me travel to the other side of the world just to do business with that sort of person. By contrast, your average businessman is already rich and looking to get richer...hardly a noble goal. While your average Western poorfag sees wagecucking and welfare collection as his only life options, making me despise his sullen attitude and chronic laziness. Sheesh, go to Denver and see how hard the city parks crew works. They spend 3/4 of their shift bullshitting around.
>>
>>2726753
With nightly rates this good, there's not much point in prepaying a whole month. Paying monthly only makes sense if you're getting 50+% off the nightly rate, because then the savings do allow you to take overnight trips and pay for two places to stay at a time every few days.
You still haven't pointed out anything sub-par about the apartment.
>>
>>2726730
>>2726731
>>2726735
>>2726745

So now that Insecurity Guard's spam posts have vanished since he left Thailand, this smug poorfag's spam posts are here to fill the void. Great.
>>
File: 20241024_105242.jpg (3.28 MB, 3800x2850)
3.28 MB
3.28 MB JPG
not sure why but i spent all day ripping an ungodly amount of farts around the grand palace, wat pho and wat arun (its an air quality improvement over the usual stench of body odor from all the broke vegan backpackers with dreadlocks who are too poor to buy deodorant around those parts at least)
>>
are ladyboi's worth it? Do they actually feel and smell feminine or am I going to be grossed out? going to Thailand soon for the first time. Will also go to Japan to meet some femboys
>>
File: 20241024_105456.jpg (2.82 MB, 3200x2400)
2.82 MB
2.82 MB JPG
>>2726825
>>
>>2726792
Of course you consider this >>2726825 a high-quality post worthy of this thread, LMAO.
>>2726801
What do people do at temples? I've never understood the average tourist's fascination with them. Is it merely aesthetic appreciation?
>>
File: 20241024_114810.jpg (3.39 MB, 3600x2700)
3.39 MB
3.39 MB JPG
>>2726837
>Is it merely aesthetic appreciation?
sure, and learn some history and culture, get some cool photos so people don't think you're just here fucking trannys all day (but don't ask me to take your instagram pics if you're a guy because i'll just tell you to get your bf to do it like the faggot you are. seriously this guy looked some dejected today when i said no to him to take his photo
>>
>>2726801
When's the last time you went to Thailand? I remember not so long ago there was also an anon on here also autistically describing his travels in Thailand, sounds very much like you.
>>
File: 20241024_135505.jpg (3.65 MB, 3400x2550)
3.65 MB
3.65 MB JPG
>>2726856
first time here. just about to leave to japan in a couple of days but i will be back by march to pick up where i left off for some more sightseeing
>>
>>2726856
There's several effortposters who hang around here.
>>2726844
Good on you, soliciting free money or services from the public is illegal in Thailand. If someone wants their picture taken, they should pay a local 10 baht for the service instead of expecting some random guy to do it for free.
>>
I was not asked to provide proof of onward travel to board my flight or enter Thailand. How 'bout the rest of you?
>>
>>2726871
they asked me at check-in with thai airways
>>
>>2726871
>>2726874
i flew thai airways and i was not checked for onward travel by the airline or at immigration, flew from sweden with british passport
>>
>>2726871
They simply asked where I was going within Thailand, but didn't need a breakdown of dates or anything.
>>
>>2726730
what should i do in thailand that isn't... cooming, getting drunk at a bar / party, going to a temple, going to a beach, need some creative ideas for experiencing the country without doing the most obvious things,
>>
>>2726966
Best thing I did in Thailand is get up and walk a few miles at dawnrowj2
>>
>>2726967
what's this
>>
File: IMG_20241025_061010495.jpg (1.73 MB, 3264x1836)
1.73 MB
1.73 MB JPG
>>2726966
Day trips by train is on my agenda. There's so many places you can hop off the train and explore, places with no hotels where foreigners never visit.
>>2726967
It's already busy here at 6 AM. Rainy season coolness and high morning humidity is still present, so it feels clammy. Whereas in March, Bangkok felt more oven-like even after dark, with humidity never rising above 75%.
BTW if you buy bottle after bottle of water instead of using picrel, you are a paypig. 2 baht for 3 liters and it tastes as good as any bottled water.
>>
>>2726984
Based autistic 6-AM-grindmaxing watermaxing walkmaxing penny pitching slum connoisseur
>>
>>2726984
>2 baht for 3 liters of water
anon at 7/11 you can get a huge jug of water thats probably a few gallons for 40 baht. id rather just do that, it lasts about a week.

but i suppose i tip my hat to you for interfacing with the slumfastructure of thailand. let us know what kinds of slum-tier fare you're eating with pics

oh and anon? you better not fucking post pad thai...
>>
File: IMG_20241025_071301010.jpg (2.33 MB, 3264x1836)
2.33 MB
2.33 MB JPG
How does Bangkok air pollution differ from Manila? In Bangkok, air pollution is general; I never see a vehicle or motorbike pouring out a cloud of exhaust fumes here. The air near a busy road is thick, but it's not choking. Whereas in Manila, the pollution you inhale at street level is far more extreme even on a low AQI day, due to the huge number of highly polluting vehicles allowed to use the road.
>>2726992
That makes sense if you have a dispenser in your apartment and don't plan on moving around much.
My 'hood is low-lying and has some icky areas for sure. But it's not far to some finer experiences. About a mile away on Lat Krabang Road is the Paseo Mall, which is a really neat mid-scale shopping center with a spotlessly clean and spacious food court, along with many gourmet restaurants.
>>2726985
Passed by dozens of young laborers trudging along Lat Krabang Road to another day's toil at the jobsite. Their hard determined faces glaring out at me and the world made me so proud it almost brought tears to my eyes. You never see young American men with such strength of character, willing to face the toils of manual labor under the hot tropical sun in order to make their country great.
>>
>>2726985
In Thailand and Vietnam you need to be hotel breakfast maxxing. You could easily do OMAD.
>>
Best city for raw dogging randoms?
>>
>>2727009
>picture screams "middle of fucking nowhere"
*claps quietly* good job anon. you're really "out there"
>>
File: IMG_20241025_092823143.jpg (1.72 MB, 3264x1836)
1.72 MB
1.72 MB JPG
>>2726992
Nice slum-tier dish right here, dontcha think?
89 baht ($2.64) for this grilled fish fillet meal. Delicious and quite healthy as well.
9:30 AM was before opening time, evidently, but the owner served me anyway before returning to his bookkeeping. When business pragmatism is matched by honest pricing, the result couldn't be more pleasing.
>>
>>2727021
Paseo is a modern shopping center with traditional influences; small shops facing out on a pedestrian "street", and even an indoor clothing market section with numerous small booths. There's a Robinson right next door if you want the Western-style huge building full of luxury department stores surrounded by a vast parking lot.
Picrel is my street, unremarkable working-class Bangkok. I've seen 1000+ Thais but only five foreigners in the past 24 hours.
>>
File: IMG_20241025_092134570.jpg (2.12 MB, 3264x1836)
2.12 MB
2.12 MB JPG
Somewhat cheaper "Western" food than Malaysia. A chicken chop meal in Kuala Lumpur runs you around RM 14 or 110 baht, compared to 59 baht for the chicken fillet at this place.
>>
Anyone applied for the DTV? Will pay stubs, bank statements, and offer letter be acceptable? Do I really need to mail an application to get the business certificate of my employer?
>>
It appears that a Thailand SIM card left inactive for 180 days is automatically invalidated. Any 7-Eleven will sell you a new True SIM with a 30 day plan for 199 baht. Bring your passport. It comes with 30 GB of data at 15 Mbps speed. Only if this isn't enough should you consider paying 1100 baht for a SIM card and unlimited high-speed plan from one of the airport hawkers.
>>
>>2727054
Everyone knows this shit. Stop the boring pointless blog posting.
>>
Oh shit wait a minute this is the aimless poorfag blog poster that flooded other threads before with prices of his shitty little hotels and garbage street food for weeks lmao.

We have at least another week of this lads, strap in for an all you can eat buffet of the most boring and meaningless price rundown and reviews of places nobody would ever go.
>>
>>2727060
he's a nice respite from the shit flinging. let him and the street vendors "cook"
>>
>>2726792
I can't help but find it interesting that just when TTT left Thailand his Jungian shadow, the so-called "slum connoisseur", arrived. Two solitary goofballs who share a love of Thailand but are curiously divided in spirit. The Giga-Coomer vs the Volcel. The Gaudy Hedonist vs the Utter Bore. Narcissism vs Autism. Body vs Mind.
>>
>interfacing with the slumfrastructure

Hearty kek
BTW you really shouldn't trust those roadside water dispensers, you have no idea if the filters are being changed and if they are being cleaned recently. I lived next to a family in Philippines who had one of those dispensers and sold access, I never used it personally but I asked the wife one day about the last time they had changed the filter or cleaned it all out.

She looked confused.
>it doesn't need to be changed
Yeah. So have fun with that.
>>
>>2727014
obviously pattaya you dingbat
>>2727024
anon where is the spice? that looks like some slop from jollybees. i wanna see random fermented pork sausage wrapped in bamboo leaves and a heaping plate of som tam. step it up
>>
File: 20241024_151801.jpg (3.34 MB, 3800x2850)
3.34 MB
3.34 MB JPG
>>2727024
just trying to imagine how disappointing it would be to get served a plate with 12 of the tiniest, driest, last weeks' leftover fries on it
you may as well just have settled for an egg salad sando from 7eleven and saved yourself 50 thb
>>
>>2726871
Been five times, never been asked anything about my trip by anyone
>>
>>2727060
Eat my ass, coomer. We're all sick and tired of /trv/ being dominated by tardposting. This is a travel board, not a goddamn containment zone for miscegenation fantasies.
>places nobody would ever go
Good! Keep going to the tourist trap districts with all the other niggercattle and venting online about how Thailand is ruined. Meanwhile I'm living in the OG Thailand of 30 years ago and getting all the curious looks, friendly greetings, rock-bottom prices and good treatment a lone foreigner could desire...all of 4 km from BKK.
>>2727014
The simple truth is, Thais hate degenerates, and they can read your face and see if you are a disciplined or dissolute character. I used to pooh-pooh the idea that Thailand is a very conservative culture, but it's absolutely true. No, they don't approve of weed being legal. No they don't want to smell it in their neighborhood. No they do they want to see your stoned ass wandering the streets like a fucking zombie. They're not gonna do anything, but they're gonna make their disgust clear by being curt and hostile to you. Choose the sober and contemplative life instead, let your beard grow out for a full year, and now you get respect and even admiration from everyone.
>>2727081
You know the golden coloration of fast food fries is added to make them look more appetizing to normies like you, right?
>>2727074
Jollibee has fish steaks? I didn't know that.
Spicy food all in its own time. Acclimation is always a good idea when you drastically change your diet.
>>2727067
Your nose will tell you if the water is clean or not. Those dispensers use UV light to disinfect the water, they are more trustworthy than the dispensers with the jug on top. Rule of thumb: if your water smells funky, drop in a chlorine tablet to be safe.
>>
>>2726984
>>2727067
I can confirm those things may not be maintained well. I just used one and noticed when the water was coming out there was fucking green shit like algae or something visible just inside the metal tip. And it wasn't just a little bit. Almost looked like bits may break off at any time because there was an appreciable amount right in there. I'm not sure algae water is good bros. They should be cleaning that shit and replacing the tips whenever it's that filthy. I dumped the water and threw out my bottle. I'm going to be much more wary of those things now.
>>2727127
They can be growing fucking algae big time.
You've inspired me to go far out from bkk center again though. I'm going to hit some far out bts or mrt stations and just walk around. Maybe for dinner this evening.
>>
got 6 "sup bros" from all the <redacted> while walking down sukhumvit to my favourite pharmacy to build a small supply of easily available <redacted> before i leave
>>
>>2727065
>>2727065
>I can't help but find it interesting that just when TTT left Thailand his Jungian shadow, the so-called "slum connoisseur", arrived. Two solitary goofballs who share a love of Thailand but are curiously divided in spirit. The Giga-Coomer vs the Volcel. The Gaudy Hedonist vs the Utter Bore. Narcissism vs Autism. Body vs Mind.

Make no mistake, the "Goober Groundskeeper," aka the "Colorado Kid" is a blogposter who insists that the Thailand general is his personal Instagram and that people on an anonymous forum know his life story, so he's definitely narcissistic to an extent. He also is a prodding moralist with a massive chip on his shoulder. The question is, is he Insecurity Guard's evil twin, or vice versa.
>>
>>2727145
IDK, the green crud may be harmless mineral deposits.
>>2727163
Anyone else is free to post their real-life experiences here.
Running expense tally will be posted at https://www.budgetyourtrip.com/mytripoverview.php?trip_id=48043
>>
I'm going to Thailand for 4 weeks mid Jan to mid Feb to beat the harsh winter in Boston. I want to do the Beaches and some mild partying. Nothing crazy just back in bed by midnight or so.
>>
>>2726742
If you like that try visiting Japan some time. It's that turned up to almost unhealthy levels.
>>
>>2726871
Didn't ask me anything. Just wanted my passport, boarding pass for the flight I came on and fingerprints. One of the more painless airport experiences, though nothing beats Singapore in that aspect.
>>
>>2726730

Can you do a gear layout, take a picture and post it? Also, a screenshot of your gear list and possibly your itinerary? I'm too lazy to figure out what to bring and where to go. Thanks.
>>
>>2727274
>gear
Jesus christ man kys
>>
>>2727274
$25 large duffel bag
>Clothes, lightweight puffy jacket, bath towel
>Scissors, multitool, and combination lock for hostelfagging
>Rain poncho that can fit over everything if I am carrying my bags in the rain
$20 Puma backpack
>Two Ziploc bags, one for meds/toiletries and the other for random small shit (spare phone, spare glasses, chargers & cables, earbuds, international adapter)
>Gallon jug of water
>Laptop and charger
>Bluetooth speaker
>Diary, memo pad and pen
>Canvas bag for pocket items
>Spare debit cards, old driver license, checkbooks
>Mini blanket

That about does it.
>>
>>2727274
>itinerary
You don't need that shit. Figure out what you want to do the night before you do it.
>>
>>2726871
I've been traveling regularly since '07 and never had to show proof of onward flight
sometimes they've asked but I just basically say "cmon man"
and they let me in
>>
>>2727127
>get your beard grown out for a full year, and now you get respect and even admiration from everyone.
absolutely do not do this to anyone reading this. facial hair is an atrocious cultural faux paus in asia.
>>2727127
>spicy food in its own time
*sigh* ok
>>2727300
i really hope you're not lugging this shit around in public.
>>
Recycling is awesome!
>street vendors and restaurants dump buckets of food waste into the Bangkok sewers
>it decomposes and runs into the canals
>the canals teem with enormous lazy catfish
>people catch the fish and cook them up
>I enjoy a deliciously flavorful 8 oz fried fish steak for 30 baht
>>
>>2727324
>beard is faux pas
Untrue in my experience. You don't see degenerate lowlifes with neatly combed goatees and bowl cuts. It's good to look different and be different...unless you're dating a normie Thai chick, I guess.
>>
Even the cheapest of Cheap Charlies can afford to take a daily excursion on a Thai train. The conductor charged me 7 baht or $0.21 for the 40 km ride to Chachoengsao.
>>
File: 1715242488052616.gif (958 KB, 400x225)
958 KB
958 KB GIF
>>2727127
>Your nose will tell you if the water is clean or not
And this guy wants to give other people travel advice.
>>
Princess Mother garden in Chacheongsao. The unexpected presence of a wandering foreigner in a bright white shirt makes people ill at ease; they lack the graceful confidence of Bangkok's alpha city residents. For some reason Thais always prefer dark-colored clothes, even though they absorb the sun's heat. Come to think of it, the king dresses in white...
>>
how do i get education visa?
>>
>>2727335
>its good to look different
holy solipsism asians are collective as fuck and do not do not think that way
>>2727354
i think its cuz youre unkempt in some way anon. trim the beard.
>>2727356
pro language school if you're in pattaya/CMl or duke language if you're in bkk.
>>
>>2727361
>pro language school if you're in pattaya/CMl or duke language if you're in bkk.

what about koh samui
>>
Hey guys, me and my girlfriend live in Vietnam but we're burned out hard and looking to take an extended vacation. We're going to spend a couple months in Thailand before moving to China for work.

We're headed out at the end of November and are looking to spend some time on the beach before travelling around the country a bit more. Anywhere you guys would recommend for r&r that also has enough to see/do in the nearby area for about two weeks? She's thinking Phuket or Krabi but honestly I know fuck all about the country.
>>
>>2727365
>He wants to be an educated islandboi
point and laugh everyone. if you get the ED visa from pro language, pretty sure you don't have to go to class. but its been 2 years since i ED'd and it was also during covid. tread carefully
>>
Now it makes sense why foreigners take the easy route and use rideshares in Bangkok. The local bus system is a PITA. Google Maps transit info is highly inaccurate for routes, timing and stops. Moovit has all the songthaew routes, but the website bombards you with ads and prompts. Positives to the Thai Smile Bus service are the cold A/C and a cute driver assistant to welcome you as you board.
>>
https://www.reddit.com/r/thepassportbros/comments/1gbo27h/bangkok_might_be_worse_than_western_countries/?embed_host_url=https://geomax.me/threads/another-thailand-seethe-thread-jfl.6469/
>wahhh I cant get my hiso stacy girl wahh
What is actually wrong with these people? I swear anyone who is moderately attractive who visits Thailand has the biggest fucking ego, I miss when it was only old fatsos doing this
>>
>>2727401
you're slumming it to a fault now. leave those people alone. just get a moto off bolt you poverty princess
>>
>>2727361
There's a lot of diversity in appearance, build and skin color among Thai people. I saw many cases of mandibular prognathism (lips sticking out farther than noses) on the train route leading to the Cambodian border.

Chances are Thais think I'm batshit insane to walk for miles in the midday swelter with the heat index currently at 43 C. I don't feel the humidity whatsoever, only the sun's heat. Saw another old white male lizard on the train wearing an old-fashioned suitcoat and looking cool as a cucumber while monks' heads were beaded with sweat and girls held fans to their faces and sighed with discomfort.
>>
>>2727224
7-elevens in Japan are now staffed with lazy indians and chinese workers who look and act tired and annoyed all the time.

My favorite convenience store staff I think are in Korea. They are also annoyed at you all the time, but 50% of the time it's a cute teenage girl so I don't mind
>>
>>2727404
It's not all about money, bro. Buddhism teaches that in struggle is found the meaning of life.

What do all the mopey solo travelers have in common? Their travel life is way too damn easy. They lounge half-awake in a comfy bed until 11 AM, then get up feeling all sluggish and bored and self-loathing. "What's the point of travel?" they ask. "I could have saved my money and stayed in bed at home." Out in public, their low self-esteem manifests itself as a colorless and insecure personality. Their appetite is lousy, they barely enjoy the food they eat.

This apartment has a mattress hard as a board. Guess how much bedrotting is happening on that damn thing. Last night I was out walking past midnight, then up wide awake at 4 AM planning today's ordeal. Every day must have an ordeal, something environmental to struggle against and overcome. The end result? No more doubt. No more questioning the purpose of life. No more physical and mental sluggishness. No more dependencies on booze and weed. No more mindless glutting on treats followed by indigestion.

Others like Egyptbro find meaning in struggle against the human element. I was wrong to shit-talk about his path to a fulfilling travel life.
>>
File: Commonwealth-Towers-63.jpg (723 KB, 1928x1446)
723 KB
723 KB JPG
How are condos in Thailand? I'm talking about a modern apartment in some nice area with a pool, gym, conveniences like that. Are they actually good quality?

I lived in Singapore and Malaysia for a while and would love to try Thailand but the average quality of the slumfrastructure there makes me worried about their construction quality in general.
>>
>>2727403
>?embed_host_url=https://geomax.me/threads/another-thailand-seethe-thread-jfl.6469/
kys
>>
>>2727410
well well, that was quite thoughtful.
>Every day must have an ordeal, something environmental to struggle against and overcome. The end result? No more doubt. No more questioning the purpose of life.
How Sisyphean of you. Carry on, Slumbodian
>>
File: 20241022_100356.jpg (2.5 MB, 4032x2268)
2.5 MB
2.5 MB JPG
What is this scam? Indian restaurants line the street next to each other, rarely with any customers. Multiple same type of restaurant in the same block.

Is it some sort of property holding strategy? I walked into a few of these places and was VERY reluctantly handed a menu and served (I'm white anglo). I didn't buy anything I just walked out after a minute, just wanted to see if it was even trying to appear legit.
>>
>>2727412
Thailand has a lot of old style structures that have been renovated, and also an absolute shit ton of shoebox style low square footage ultra low build quality with a nice coat of paint modern east Asian style apartment buildings.

Basically these buildings have 10 good years in them then they start falling apart. The sweet spot you are looking for are solid older buildings with thick walls and modern furnishings from recent renovations. New places are a total gamble but tend to be fine for a month or two.

My worst experiences are with new apartments with leaky pipes/rotting floorboards or fucked up ac units and wiring, or extremely noisy neighbors the thin walls don't block.
>>
>>2727410
What ordeal? Trudging around in afternoon heat to take pictures of boring street corners?

You are memorable if only for your sheer fascination with the utterly mundane. Never seen anything quite like it.

I once knew a japanese guy who did nothing but travel around SEA taking pictures of street cats in various settings. At least he had a shtick, and a good one I might add since he eventually published a coffee table book of high quality cat pictures with a little blurb about their lives (in japanese). He made decent money from that.

I just can't imagine anyone who would ever give a shit about what you're doing here is all.
>>
>>2727418
i've read about the same phenomenon in america

probably money laundering
>>
>>2727438
We get it in Britain with Turkish barbers
>>
File: 1596735492705.jpg (226 KB, 1000x667)
226 KB
226 KB JPG
What is this scam? American restaurants line the street next to each other, rarely with any customers. Multiple same type of restaurant in the same block.

Is it some sort of property holding strategy? I walked into a few of these places and was VERY reluctantly handed a menu and served (I'm white anglo). I didn't buy anything I just walked out after a minute, just wanted to see if it was even trying to appear legit.
>>
File: IMG_20241026_141955295.jpg (1.87 MB, 3264x1836)
1.87 MB
1.87 MB JPG
>>2727418
This is near the Pratu Nam market, right? Their prices are absurdly high as well, but when I was hanging around there during my first time in central Bangkok, they were very eager to get me to order a meal, despite me being only one person. I got some samosas for 70 baht and they were lousy. BTW, that neighborhood also had the honor of renting me the least pleasant room in all my stays in Thailand for the highest nightly rate I've paid in Thailand, very nearly $20.
>>2727423
Some people may want to see and hear what being in Thailand is really like, instead of falling for the simplistic "Thailand is ruined" or "Thailand is paradise" propaganda.
Besides, you think bonking hookers is any less mundane? For guys who live here, barfining a girl is as unremarkable as ordering some beef pad kra pao.
>>
>>2727443
That's like 37 cents worth if food, do you chintz out so you can pay for diseased whores or just the PREP medications?
>>
>>2727443
>really like
No that's not what it's really like. Its what it's really like FOR YOU the weird slum obsessed poorfag.

You will never experience grueling soul crushing day to day life of an average poor SEA worker, and just passing through and eating their slop and staying in a roach infested hotel will never give you an authentic local experience. It's not even close, because you always have the option to leave when it becomes too much. They are trapped.

You want to "really experience it" then shred your passport and go work slave labor on a shrimp farm for a few months, then try to escape, get your legs broken by your handler then place on a cleaning line while they heal.
>>
>>2727442
Seething jeet. Not pictured is other side of street with 2 more Indian restaurants and another 2 a few feet down the street. Literally 7 Indian restaurants within the same 200m radius. Your kind are vermin and form hives.
>>
>>2727456
Cry more incel you can't comprehend a society where people have children and care about their traditions
>>
>>2727458
That's not jeet society the microsecond they are forced to comply with actual rule of law and they cannot rape their arranged married wife. Jeet birth rate plummets to under replacement the precise millisecond the poojeeta gets rights and decides to use them to deny rape rats hole access.
>>
No really, good luck reproducing without spousal rape as the cornerstone of your civilization. Lmao.
>>
>>2727460
Remember, your lineage is gone because you refused to reproduce. Indians won by having babies. In the future people will believe indians invented airplanes and computers
>>
>>2727463
I have 4 kids across 3 different women. You won't, raperat. You were born too late. No arranged marriage for you. No hole access. No vermin kids. Indian population is at all time high and it's only downhill fast from here as pajeeta says no.
>>
>>2727464
Lmao. If indians hadn't conquered you you wouldn't be crying, now india exists, and indian conquered canada and uk exists
>>
>>2727469
Jeetbabble gets more deranged every time I come online.
>>
Good morning saars, don't forget to eat the cow dung and use the piss to wash your face! India superpower #1 by 2050!
https://youtu.be/aqaEltoxu5k?si=Nlu7VcVl8NZ8NaFN
>>
Best city in thailand thats not
Bangkok
Chiang Mai
Phuket
Pattaya
Ayutthaya
Krabi
Chiang Rai
Hua Hin
Koh Samui
Sukhothai
>>
>>2727127
>You know the golden coloration of fast food fries is added to make them look more appetizing to normies like you, right?
why are you making things up?
my parents used to run a fish n chips shop and I worked there as a teen. I'd peel, chop and fry the fries. Nothing added. They go golden brown from being deep fried.
>>
>>2727456
lmao buddy I was just memeing when I posted >>2727442 but now you're arguing with some actual jeet who isn't even me
>>
>>2727469
Saaar we have conquered them saar!
>delivers your grab food
India superpower!
>warms up a donut at Tim Hortons
Bahrat conquer the world!
>dies of heatstroke at Dubai jobsite
Saars do the needful and unite!
>gets deported after getting caught on fraudulent student visa
India CEO power!
>gets human trafficked by brahmin executives
>>
Seriously though I moved to a part of Pattaya with just a bunch of always empty Indian restaurants around. Always 4 or 5 puffy hair scrawny Indian zoomers loitering around these shops.

I think it's legit some sort of visa/immigration fraud thing. They must be using these businesses to chain migrate somehow.

I know what legit Indian restaurants look like because I go to them when I'm in Bangkok, these joints are barebones plastic chairs shitty fixtures no women around at all just raperats looking mildly confused and wary if you linger too long checking their shit out.

Not my problem? Sure, but I would gladly expend some effort to help Thailand kick out scheming jeets if they asked me.
>>
>>2727478
I hear Udon Thani is lovely if you can speak Thai and don't mind the fed expats, and that Korat is the next Bangkok with respect to urban development.
>>
>>2727482
>deep fried
Many Asians pan-fry their fries.
>>
>>2727478
Lampang is pretty nice as well. Rare to see anything like picrel around that city. This trash is the product of cottage industries who save money and time by dumping their waste in the vacant lot across the street instead of getting it hauled to a landfill.
>>2727450
Bitch please, good quality ground beef is pricey. Including the egg, the plate was 75 baht or 2.22 USD.
>>2727455
NEET take. You've never busted ass under the blazing summer sun to make your dollars like a real man does. Last few months in America I lived on $10/day apart from rent in order to achieve my financial goals.

Lastly, there are no roaches in budget Thai hotels. The maids have portable pump sprayers that I believe contain some sort of bug killer or bug repellent.
>>
File: 2229884043030005500.jpg (70 KB, 1002x756)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
>>2727510
Where do you recommend going to in south Thailand?
It's my second time to visit and my flight is to Phuket but I've been told it's just a tourist trap shithole and that the entire place is infested with Russians.
I'm too lazy to travel all over the country and too retarded to get on my own without throwing money at every new problem I encounter, so I was thinking about practicing photography in one of the southern and more cheaper provinces.
>>
>>2727443
this is what i ate literally everyday and it never got old
>>
>>2727532
Would've done the same but fiery shits afterward are pretty annoying
>>
>>2727534
your body acclimates. its time to become thai. if you're gonna scamper around their backstreets and stay in their wooden bed hotels might as well go full native chudster, that means spicy food.
>>
>>2727534
That's food poisoning from rotten meat
>>
Royal barge procession is today!
>>
>>2727531
Unfortunately can't recommend anything as I've never been south of Bangkok.
>>
>>2727544
Could also be the undercooked egg.
>>
Map is of the free shuttle service around the procession area, which will run from 3 PM to 6 PM today and connect two temples along the Chao Phraya River. I bet that blue MRT line is going to be packed like sardines in a can. Bring your passport to access a riverside viewing area.

Snag your rain poncho as well. Weather forecast has a severe rain alert, looks like it'll downpour right around 4 PM. Damn. IIRC they already cancelled the procession once due to rain.
>>
File: IMG20240731125822.jpg (3.55 MB, 2304x4096)
3.55 MB
3.55 MB JPG
>>2727534
The only problem I have with thai food is whenever I eat a dish with lots of leafy greens, it just comes back out almost completely untouched. My theory is that it's because they use a lot of oil in cooking and the oil becomes a protective layer against the enzymes that would break down the vegetables. It got to shitting out so much undigested vegetables that I started to get worried about not getting enough fiber in my diet.to make up for it, I began to frantically eat those fresh vegetables they give you for free with your dish (free of oil). Besides that, I also experienced frequent heartburn for my last 10 days in Thailand, once home it went away quickly. Quite a shame really that it seems that I can only feast on Thai food for so long before my body starts to feel like there's something out of balance. It really is the tastiest of them all though.
>>
>>2727582
>Hainese chicken
*frowns disappointedly*
>>
>>2727405
>Saw another old white male lizard on the train wearing an old-fashioned suitcoat and looking cool as a cucumber while monks' heads were beaded with sweat
This is because he and you both suffer from hypothyroidism.
>>
>>2727582
Sounds like you're wolfing down your food and not chewing it properly. Spicy Thai food tends to move along quickly in the gut, so plenty of chewing is important. Slow eating stimulates stomach acid production which permeates every bite of food, ensuring that everything gets properly processed before it moves along.
I also suspect from my own experience that marijuana smoking reduces gastric juice production and thus leads to food passing through visibly undigested.
>>
File: 20241022_150107.jpg (3.12 MB, 4000x3000)
3.12 MB
3.12 MB JPG
>>2727581
Yeah the dress rehearsal earlier this week was called off from rain shortly after starting. To be honest I wasn't going to bother going today but I think I will now, id be so annoyed if it turns out good and I just didn't bother since I don't really have much else I planned to do today. I have to catch a flight in the evening and was thinking to not bother pissing around all day getting there (which takes me like an hour, and then back), all the waiting around, getting drenched in the rain, having a change of clothes and needing to find a place for a shower before my flight
https://streamable.com/voy70c
>>
I burned out on Pattaya in record time. After 2 weeks I've had enough.

Somehow had zero authentic interaction with other foreigners this entire trip. Maybe I'm projecting solo vibes or something but it's been a strangely lonely time.

I miss Bangkok and I think I will go back. There is this trend of "onsen" concept spas taking off in the city and it basically what it sounds like. Japanese style baths in solo or couples rooms. I fucking love that shit and wish they had it in Pattaya also, but there is only one and it's busy all the time.
>>
>>2727542
Today for breakfast I bought a 30 baht bag of some chicken curry that the lady said was "a little spicy". The bag happened to contain two entire chili peppers. Nothing better to clear all the air pollution out of your sinuses.
>>
>>2727608
Are you burnt out of cooming or in general?
>>
>>2727608
Pattaya is getting too competitive, maybe?
>>
File: images (7).jpg (11 KB, 275x183)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>>2727609
listen slumbodian. i want you to go grab 5 of these isaan sausages, make sure he loads up the bag with the green/red peppers, and lettuce. take a stick at a time and pierce a few pepps and lettuce and try that. after this delightful culinary experience, you will develop an insatiable appetite for thai food. simple as.
>>2727612
pattaya is the same as it ever was but the older i get the more i have to seriously question how the old boomers there maintain their sanity
>>
>>2727614
and ginger slices. i almost forgot. they're generous with it.
>>
>>2727608
You guys actually interact with other coomers? I've always treated the experience like a public urinal, where at most you give a nod of mutual understanding but do not interact beyond that
>>
>>2727621
Pattaya isn't just coomers, especially if you are not in the designated coomer zones. I felt totally invisible this trip, didn't even have any drunk boomers try to start a conversation with me. Not that I WANT that, it's just that it always happened constantly before and nothing this time.

Never had an Asian tourist glance twice at me, much less a random thai person interact with me in any way but professionally.

Usually on these trips I have at least a few pleasant human encounters with people and exchange pleasantries at the very least. This time it felt like I was playing a video game and all the npcs had their set paths, maybe even I was one of them doing my routine and couldn't be interrupted. A bit disturbing.
>>
>>2727626
yea anon this was the same experience i had. everyone felt much more closed off than when i was there during covid, the experience was completely different. I actually made friends, went out with people, and was continuously meeting new people without much effort on my part. I think covid was a watershed moment for the worse.
>>
>>2727629
>>2727626
Degeneracy destroys the body and soul. Of course no one wants anything to do with you perverts you hate yourselves and the boomers are just like you
>>
>>2727632
No need to project so hard.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.