[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/u/ - Yuri

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Happy Birthday 4chan!

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: yuri_op.png (1013 KB, 725x864)
1013 KB
1013 KB PNG
thread died and nobody noticed edition

Discuss, request, and recommend /u/-related /lit/ works!

>Downloads:

ulit Archives 2020 torrent (10,058 books with release dates up till December 2020):
http://mgnet.me/.ulit2020

------
>How to find books:

Mobilism Search for Lesbian, FF, WLW, LGBT, and GLBT keywords:
https://forum.mobilism.org/search.php?keywords=Lesbian+FF+WLW+LGBT+GLBT&terms=any&author=&fid%5B%5D=376&sc=1&sf=titleonly&sr=topics&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=-1&t=0

Downloading from #bookz on IRC:
https://imgur.com/a/AXp2bYW
https://pastebin.com/pwAudzs6 (embed)

ZLibrary (via TOR):
http://zlibrary24tuxziyiyfr7zd46ytefdqbqd2axkmxm4o5374ptpc52fad.onion/

Library Genesis:
http://gen.lib.rus.ec/
https://libgen.lc/foreignfiction/
Previous thread: >>4138662
>>
File: yuri_rec_chart.png (272 KB, 1309x726)
272 KB
272 KB PNG
New to /u/lit? Here's a small chart to get you started.

Collection download:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/8mj39akfmlv6fic/ulitchart.zip/file
>>
File: yuri_fantasy.png (2.91 MB, 1339x2001)
2.91 MB
2.91 MB PNG
Top /u/ fantasy list, newly updated to include Nevernight series

Collection download:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/gfpf6gei04q6df1/Top_Fantasy.zip/file

mediafire link does not contain Nevernight series yet
>>
File: yuri_oversized_chart.png (1.18 MB, 2801x7901)
1.18 MB
1.18 MB PNG
Oversized Chart

For the most up-to-date version, visit:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Nx3GtKvTA4GF1oIisnP38xwbYUGcRnB4/view

To edit/view the original, press "Open with" and choose diagrams.net or add app to your GDrive.
This enables CTRL+F searches.
>>
Any good childhood romance books? Ideally as the main focus and not just a short section with the rest being them as adults.
>>
File deleted.
>>4230663
I really loved The Mighty Heart of Sunny St. James. It's entirely set during one summer in middle grade after the mc gets a heart transplant. It's cute and wholesome with just enough drama to keep it interesting.
>>
Any yuri holiday recommendations? I'm in the mood for a nice slice of life book about two girls traveling. Maybe they are already in a relationship or maybe are friends who catch feelings while they are away. It must be nice to travel with a cute girl during the winter and going to Christmas markets and dining out at a fancy restaurant and building a snow man together I'm so lonely.
>>
What do you guys think about Her Name In The Sky? Everyone I know said it was great but I honestly found it pretty dissapointing. One of the few times I've wished the main couple didn't end up together.
>>
>>4230658
>The Jasmine Throne
>Tasha Suri is a British fantasy author and former academic librarian
So she her writing is good? It's good, right?
>>
>>4231404
A few chapters in now. Instead of yuri fantasy, it seems to me only like the essential poo-in-a-loo experience. Maybe not my thing.
>>
File deleted.
Started reading this. The cover made me a bit hesitant for some reason but it's p good so far. I regret wasting my 4 years of university sitting inside playing video games so now I have to relive it through wholesome yuri novels.
>>
>>4232072
I guess I'm confused, it seems really classic yuri fantasy (albeit using India if Europe as a starting off point)
>>
>>4232081
Fatto piggu
>>
>>4232081
That looks like your typical woke YA slop.
>>
>>4231404
I swear I read the whole book, but I honestly can't remember anything about it except that at one point one character asks another to do the needful, and I had to put it down for a bit after that.
>>
>>4232617
My sides
>>
>>4232540
It's pretty woke yeah
>>
>>4232540
Oh no, not a woke lesbian romance novel...
>>
>>4232617
Something about people with plant superpowers I think? I liked it okay but I didn't stick with the second book for very long - I imagine it might have more delicious /u/ than the first since the MCs are (presimably) together the whole book, but the plot didn't feel all that interesting to me.
>>
>>4232540
>using woke when talking about lesbian novels

Are you a retard?
>>
Any audiobook recc?
>>
>>4232932
>>4233302
Believe it or not, the far left doesn't have a monopoly on homosexuality. A story can be gay without being obnoxious.
>>
>>4233321
I don't think you've gotten the news but by virtue of it being a homosexual genre it's inherently woke. Even the oldfag novels are all about society you fucking retard. Do you not understand the words on the page?
>>
>>4233322
You waste time trying to get through /pol/tards doublethink, they'll sooner get seizures and die than admit their ideology makes no sense.
>>
I've got a huge backlog of yuri books to read but I can only do one every couple of months at most. I love them so much, but they also make me extremely fucking depressed. Knowing I'm a 35 year old virgin who will never get to experience love kind of fucks me up every time but I just keep going back for more.
>>
>>4233490
This is true. It's not until the leopards start eating their faces will they realize that they're not their friends.
>>
Anything with nuns? Already read 'Matrix' and I loved it.
>>
>>4233490
What ideology
>>
>>4233490
>>4233676
>/pol/ out of nowhere
>leopards ate my face reference
Sorry, but this isn't your reddit circlejerk. Calling something wokeslop is perfectly legitimate criticism. Also if you weren't a tourist you'd know that no one goes on /pol/ other than bots and shills.
>>
>>4234019
It's not legitimate criticism in the realm of lesbian novels specifically, the oldfag novels are all "woke" by your definition retard. This just tells everyone you don't come in here for books you're just here to shitpost for some weird reason.
>>
>>4234023
My definition, yet apparently you've decided it for me.
>>
>>4234024
By you even using the word I already know what you mean by it. Kill yourself.
>>
>>4232081
Okay I finished this and fucking loved it. Cute, wholesome, but also pretty angsty. 10/10 one of my favourites of all time, highly recomended.
>>
>>4234019
This anon is right, I want to read a f/f story and not a diversity checklist and I’m not here for a lecture either. So wokeslop is perfect to describe certain books.
>>
>>4234300
>10/10 one of my favourites of all time
You serious?
>>
>>4232081
In fairness I gave this a go, despite the blurb giving me second hand embarrassment. I didn't make it far. It honestly reads like satire. The wait for good f/f fiction continues.
>>
>>4234502
Completely serious

>>4234744
The cringe is what made it so good. I read YA for the cringe. Sorry I don't want to read about hags and I don't want to read about high schoolers who act like they are 35 years old.
>>
>>4234431
You're not at all bothered to regurgitate the same terminology and arguments as the people who say all homosexuals should be killed or dicked straight?
>>
>>4235001
No, I am not and I use whatever word to describe something that fits best. Part of the far left has lost its mind, in my opinion and this terminology is good to criticize that.
I’m not sure which arguments you’re referring to and I don’t know where you are coming from, but do you seriously believe that people who use this word want to kill you?
>>
>>4235001
Stop with your divisive ’with me or against me’ toddler-tier arguments.
You can hate ‘woke’ crap while not being some alt-right faggot with 1800’s beliefs.
>>
>>4235085
>Stop with your divisive ’with me or against me’ toddler-tier arguments.
You really have no self-awareness whatsoever
>>
>>4235078
>>4235085
Because the conservative definition of woke is just a blanket term for hating faggots and minorities. which lesbians and lesbian novels fall in that category. You're actively consuming "woke" content already(assuming you actually read which every single post you continue to make convinces me otherwise) retard.
>>
>>4235099
I wrote >>4234431 and with wokeslop I mean when an author includes too much in a story, like the poor/asian/disabled/trans character, a diversity overload you could call it.
>>
>>4235155
There's a better word for this and it's called "performative" wokeslop is just retarded boomer catch all that means nothing to anyone who isn't on facebook all day crying about minorities.
>>
>>4232081
I'm utterly enjoying this way more than I thought. I'm kicking my feet and giggling. Sometimes, it's good to read something genuine that doesn't take itself too seriously.

That being said, all of the current discourse is something Gretchen would do. Congrats!
>>
>>4234849
it was surprisingly teenaged. i almost couldn't get through it because it was such an accurate rendition of how i talked about mogai and the like in high school
>>
>>4235334
Glad I'm not the only one. I devoured this in 2 sittings, I loved it. Super comfy read. Edith is so damn cute.
>>
>>4235155
I don't really give a shit how 'woke' a book is as long as it's cute, has good characters and has a nice romance.
>>
It's very simple. If you need to preach, have a checklist of traits, and view everyone who disagree with you as a nazi, you're woke.
If you just want to write a story with round characters, you're not.
The dichotomy some of you are trying to push, that you either have to be a wokie or a nazi, and that every option in between is dishonest, is so ridiculous I can't help but think you're being intentionally misleading.
Perhaps the Germans were right to persecute your kind.
>>
>>4236502
>not everything is black and white!
>not everyone calling out woke is a nazi!
>btw everyone who disagrees with me is a jew
When will mods finally do their one job and ban this troll?
>>
>>4236543
Are you fucking retarded? That poster clearly meant that it's your ATTITUDE that makes people dislike you. It's far leftists like you, who force your morals down everyone's throat, that turn people to the far right in the first place, you idiot.
>>
/r/equesting the first and last demon, mentioned in previous thread
>>
>>4236543
Classic move, calling for censorship
>>
>>4236651
>the first and last demon
https://annas-archive.org/search?index=&page=1&q=the+first+and+last+demon&sort=
>>
>>4236654
thanks, good site not in op
>>
>>4236719
Don't link it everywhere unless you want it DMCA'd like all the others
>>
Currently reading TOWEM. Do city schools really have armed security?
>>
Can we talk about cute girls instead of politics for once?
>>
>>4237147
BASED
>>
>>4237147
Maybe the discourse here reflects the current state of f/f literature. Has there been any good books recently?
>>
Anyone have a download for I Prefer Girls? I wanna see if it's as bad as people online say it is.
>>
Camryn Eyde - One Call Away
Unfortunately not a Tricky sequel, but I thought I'd give an A-meets-B romance a try after a long while.

A klutzy young woman accidentally calls an older doctor, and the two of them occasionally exchange messages, then start phoning, then start visiting, then ...

I liked that it's a bit different since it does really take some time for those two to even meet. The younger one is a bit lost in life and the older one is just generally there, being supportive. It's an okay dynamic.

But it also feels quite limited by the format. Because it's an A-meets-B romance. Nothing matters or happens that's not in some way developing the romance. And, yeah, both of course have "A Past", but it's not like, dunno, a mystery novel where between the phone messages you got something else developing entirely.

There's an annoying will-they-obviously-they-will ("I'm a sexy successful doctor and my friend keeps telling me she loves me but clearly as a friend so I can't tell her I'm a lesbian and in love with her..."), and honestly, a little too little going on with the doctor.

On the whole a standard, okay-ish read. Author's comment says she edited by herself, and perhaps that's showing in the script being a bit uneven. But eh. It was okay.
>>
currently rereading demon in the machine which is pretty good and isn't mentioned here much. unfortunately all of the author's other books are wereshit or don't look very interesting
>>
Finished The One Who Eats Monsters. Besides the rape (which didn't really add anything to the story) I enjoyed it. I'll read the sequel if it ever gets finished.
>>
>>4230658
>first book entirely het
Does the het involve the main characters?
>>
>>4240423
yeah
but the yuri is peak enemies to lovers
>>
File: tfwlightnovelanime.png (810 KB, 1600x900)
810 KB
810 KB PNG
>>4241252
>yeah
>>
>>4240181
I put TOWEM off for so long because it looked super edgy and because of the rape warning. I was not expecting it to be so cute. It's now one of my favorites.
>>
>>4241282
Yeah I wasn't expecting to like it as much as I did. Ryn is a fun protagonist.

>>4241252
>yeah
Meh. How prominent is the het?
>>
>>4241350
the het is extremely prominent
>>
>>4241364
I think I'll pass then. As much as I like enemies to lovers I'm not sure I want to sit through a whole book of het for it.
>>
Lee Swanson - She Serves the Realm
Book 4 in this historic series where the daughter of a Hanseatic trader disguises herself as her brother and starts running her own trade house in London, during the reign of Edward II.

I felt this book in particular was very tied into historical events - namely those around the Earls of Warwick and Lancaster in opposition to Edwards and his favorite, Piers Gavestone.

I could say more, but that'd be a spoiler. But at the same time, it's literally history, and broadly happens as history did, so ... unfortunately I do have at least a passing interest in history and I broadly knew about some of this stuff so it just feels a bit ... constrained? "Predictable" feels like the wrong word, but of course it is. Maybe it should have diverted from history. Maybe it still will at some point?

Either way, the heroine also gets married, which was nice. I do wonder how that works out in the long run (obviously, if anyone notices she's a women she's absolutely screwed). But again, felt more about historic events than "a story" about the heroine.

Still, it's different, and that along makes the series worth checking out.
>>
are there any good examples of well written lesbian smut?
>>
>>4241371
it wasn't marketed as yuri at all so for me it was just the cherry on top
>>
>>4242764
Yeah, I mean, *I* wouldn't have read it if was just het but I only learned about it right as the last book came out, when all these fans, both the guys who were a fan of the series for being a violent political action-filled fantasy and the girls who shipped the het ship because they liked the guy, were utterly shocked and bereft with the ending. I was like, let me get in on this. The het in the first book was a lot, but knowing what was coming, I treated it like the romance in a first season that makes way for the endgame later on.
>>
>>4243292
the het in the first book isn't even the most egregious part. The most egregious part is bringing Tric back in the third book for no reason. wtf come on, just let him die, he was so painfully out of place and a third wheel in every single scene he was in. A fate worse than death indeed.
>>
>>4244328
Hear hear
>>
>>4230855
I've been meaning to write a short story where a girl's girlfriend breaks up with her at the last minute and she goes while fuck you I'm going on the holiday we had planned anyway and she ends up chilling at an old mostly empty hotel in some southern US state where she bonds with the owner's granddaughter. They'd be contrasted by being a city woman and a country girl, a confident out lesbian and a girl just learning her feelings, a white woman and a black girl, and also the age gap might be a factor.
>>
File: tyrant_Baru.jpg (91 KB, 263x400)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
>this book came out in 2020

what the fuck, has it really been that long? Where the fuck is book 4 Seth?
>>
>>4246351
Maybe it is better if he never writes it seeing what he did in Exordia.
>>
>>4246390
Did he fail to assemble all five pieces?
>>
>>4246390
Exordia was excellent, wtf are you talking about
>>
>>4246624
I think he meant it was not lesbian related.
>>
>>4246633
it wasn't advertised as /u/, you can't blame it for not being /u/
>>
File: cover.jpg (224 KB, 1400x2112)
224 KB
224 KB JPG
I've never in my life thought that I'd be reading a Finnish YA yuri novel (well, more like crawling through it with a dictionary), yet here we are. I've heard that her more famous and translated Lumikki series also has some shallow yuri undertones, but I haven't got there yet.
>>
>>4246736
Anon, as your doctor, I officially declare you to be a yuriholic.
>>
>>4246736
Oh, I actually have this book. Haven't read it yet though. There's also a sequel called Minuuttivalssi, if you are interested. I have no idea how someone how is not a Finn would come across these.
>>
>>4247172
Yeah, I have that one as well. The situation is quite straightforward really - moved to Finland, had to study the language to an intermediate level, so I had to find native practice material where the topic would stave off the suffering. Which led me to discover the Lepakkoluola doujin comic anthology (hella fun) and these two books, and I'm not sure if there's even anything else. Finns often write in English instead, to reach a wider market...
>>
>>4247304
There is Säädyllinen ainesosa by Leena Parkkinen, which takes place in post-war Helsinki. And here's some picks I found from this list (https://www.kirjasampo.fi/fi/sateenkaarikirjallisuus-hylly), although I haven't read any of them so I can't say if they are any good.

Siiri Enonranta - Surunhauras, lasinterävä
Vilja-Tuulia Huotarinen - Valoa valoa valoa
Annukka Leppänen & Katsu Kujala - Anopin unelma (comic)
Tiitu Takalo - Kehä (comic)
Maria Carole - Tulen tyttäriä
Laura Lehtola - Minä valitsin sinut
>>
>>4247345
Oh wow, thanks. I wouldn't have found that by myself.
>>
I love observing unexpected cultural exchanges. Through /u/, /u/nity.
>>
File: l-lewd (handholding).png (92 KB, 1826x490)
92 KB
92 KB PNG
>>4246736
Finished this one. Short, but took me a while, given it's the first non-kid non-selkokieli one I've read in Finnish (praise Yomitan and Wiktionary, helps tremendously to have the Japanese reading setup for Finnish as well).
Really straightforward high school teen romance book - to little surprise, given that it's Simukka's first work written when she was still ~20 herself. Cute, occasionally funny, ever so slightly angsty, with most of the book spent on MC's worries in her mind, but in the end maybe a bit too simple and no-frills. Although the twist leading to the climax had me in stitches, in a good sense. And I liked how the book was very nonchalant about the MC being gay, with matter-of-factly accepting friends and family and no "b-but we're both girls" or social persecution or anything. MC had much more down to earth problems like having a bit too many heartbreaks, as it's hard to know in advance whether your crush is gay, especially with statistics not in your favor.
I can certainly see why it was rated highly in 2002, but with the hindsight of reading a fair amount of yuri manga and LNs published since, it probably wouldn't have been on top of my backlog under normal circumstances. But, now that I think about it, the first thing I've read in Japanese was Hanahira, which was also cute and even more basic, for my language practice purposes this might've been the perfect choice. I'll take a breather and move on to Minuuttivalssi, looks like it continues the story from the PoV of the MC's girlfriend.
Apparently, Simukka relatively recently wrote another yuri novel, Matalapaine/Korkeapaine, which appears to be a double-sided book with different PoVs, but the reviews seem to suggest that it's somewhat toxic yuri, so not sure whether I'll go that far quite yet.
>>
I read all from the /u/ fantasy recomendation chart and all Hiyodori books.
Any interesting new recomendations from fantasy/sci-fi genre with lesbian protag which also has romance in it and goes for more than 1 book or is a part of some series?
Zero hetero sex for MC moments of course.
>>
>>4249789
there's no good /u/ fantasy outside of that list. I, too, desperately search
>>
>>4249763
We stand against the hijack attempt of the (former) Yomichan project by the "moe way" because they promote a flawed and ineffective language learning method which is different from AJATT. Moreover, "moe way" has been a bad actor in the Japanese learning world for a long time, and we can't trust them.
I recommend Rikaitan instead. Say "Rikaitan" if you also believe the hijack should not succeed. Rikaitan is the true successor of Yomichan. It's a browser extension that lets you look up words on web pages (a pop-up dictionary). Rikaitan is free/libre software. It is maintained by the AJATT community and everybody can contribute if they want to.
>>
TOWEM's author just posted "There is a draft" on their twitter.
>>
File: 216163503.jpg (32 KB, 313x500)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
For all Hiyodori and Clem&Wist fans out there. New book in the series is out!
>>
>>4250185
Shame I can't buy it at all cause it is only on Kindle shit and my ebook reader doesn't support Amazon.
>>
>>4250185
Damn I don't have much time to read this week...might as well buy it in case surprise 30 minutes free time at work though.

>>4250189
You can't even download kindle or something? Sounds like a bad time.
>>
>>4250193
>You can't even download kindle or something? Sounds like a bad time.
I can try to get Kindle on my PC and link it there, question is if I can convert it to some format like DOC, EPUB, FB2, HTML, PDF, RTF, TXT my older portable reader can read.
I hate reading books on PC monitor
>>
>>4250189
I just rip and convert Kindle books with Calibre when no other storefront has the book in question. It doesn't support every kind of book DRM on Amazon, but I had no trouble with JP stuff so far at least (other than the converter not liking vertical RTL text very much, but this is a non-issue for western books).
>>
>>4250194
If plain Calibre doesn't work, you can try this plugin also: https://github.com/noDRM/DeDRM_tools
Once the book is imported, you can convert it to most of those formats.
>>
>>4249789
Chronicles of Alsea by Fletcher DeLancey
>>
>>4250206
>>4250208
Thanks worked. Made pdf from it and put on my reader.
>>
>>4250261
Just by basic checking it has quite a lot of books, wort a read?
>>
>>4250185
The first book was quite enough for me. Couldn't bring myself to like any of the characters. Surprised it got so popular.
>>
>>4249970
I look forward to the scene that causes the title to take on a double meaning.
>>
>>4249970
I don't place faith in that. There's a facebook post 5y+ ago saying it was almost done
>>
>>4250709
And now it is done.
>>
>>4250659
I feel the same way. Although the prequel (no one else could heal her) and the one-shot (something forest) are better in my opinion, I don't think this author truly understands romance. The third book in the series was awful.
>>
>>4250185
And a partridge in a pear tree!
>>
>>4252289
>I don't think this author truly understands romance.
In the author’s notes they say they write the kind of story they like.
They clearly prefer writing this as a fantasy series, it is not romance.
>>
>>4252410
I'd be surprised to see author's notes where the author said they wrote the kind of story they fucking hate, or that they wanted to write a good story but it turned out crap by accident.
>>
>>4252633
>or that they wanted to write a good story but it turned out crap by accident.
By this logic any story is crap depending solely on the reader who liked or disliked it, which of course is not objective in any way.
That's why I don't care much about other opinions in that regard cause I actually like Hiyodori stories, they are easy to read and I like the MCs even if many dislike them.
The only thing which matters for me initially is if the story has female leads and FF romance for them as reading prerequisiton.
From other side I couldn't stomach to finish Tamsyn Muir series, just too little actual lesbian content for the leads for me.
>>
>>4252310
Fucking LMAO
>>
File: cover.jpg (205 KB, 1400x2112)
205 KB
205 KB JPG
Finished Minuuttivalssi. In a way it felt like a completely different book (almost a fanfic even) that happens to be about the same characters by accident, maybe because it was from the viewpoint of the other protagonist and set a few years after the prior novel. Not as playful anymore, messy human feelings and desires, some infidelity even. And I'm not even sure it's even a yuri story per se, as the relationship and its tumultuousness served more as context and outlet for the protagonist's struggles with her own outlook of life and indecisiveness about the future. Especially compared to the first novel, reading which felt almost like reading manga classics like Girl Friends et al., even if watered down a lot.
Still, an interesting read, and I relate to the protag's problems. I'm much older and happen to have a decent-ish career, but my life is similarly empty, and I hope to find some hope and meaning in it, like she managed to do in the end.
In general, interesting choice to make either book almost ignore its second respective protagonist, given that you're only reading what's on the mind of the other one, and have no insight into what their counterpart thinks. Especially since both are prone to severe misunderstandings and a poor choice of words.
>>
File: Tulen tyttäriä.jpg (314 KB, 1600x1201)
314 KB
314 KB JPG
>>4247345
Checked out the synopses, some of these sound legit interesting, Tulen tyttäriä and Surunhauras appear to be fantasy even (the former being about a demigod in military service, the latter sounding like a grim fairy tale with the despot princess traveling to the island of sorrow-deers). Although what is it with Finnish literature's aversion to sweet happy ends, I'll never stop wondering.
...Not that I have a lot of energy to read in Finnish for the time being, with the language almost literally frying my brain.
>>
>>4252410
>They clearly prefer writing this as a fantasy series, it is not romance.

I understand your point, but when the summary is:

>"The Lowest Healer and the Highest Mage is a slow-burn f/f romance,"
>"The First and Last Demon is a dark f/f enemies to lovers story with a heavy emphasis on the enmity—but an indelible slow-burning love at its core."
>" In this slow-burn f/f romance"
>"No One Else Could Heal Her (a prequel to the Clem & Wist series) marks the contentious beginning of a lifelong f/f romance"
>"The Forest at the Heart of Her Mage is a slow-burn f/f romance with two polar-opposite heroines"

The author clearly views the story as a romance, but while the pacing is slow, the romantic elements are minimal. If I were to speculate, the author might be asexual or aromantic, or perhaps their view of romance is quite tame. Despite their evident passion for crafting the romance they want to see, the characters lack emotional depth and meaningful interactions. I've encountered fanfictions with more compelling setups. Even though the fantasy elements are intriguing, the worldbuilding falls apart under closer scrutiny.

Mind you, this is just my opinion. I kind of respect them by only publishing stuff that they like even though it kind of sucks. After all, you truly should only write for yourself and things you wanna read and give 0 fucks about what people (like me) say about your work.
>>
>>4253415
I don't know how much Finnish music you have heard or how many Finnish movies you have seen, but literature is far from the only thing with an aversion to happiness in Finland. We Finns are a melancholic people.
>>
File: 9781666199185.jfif.jpg (54 KB, 640x640)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
Monica McCallan - Tapping into Love

10/10

Comfy as fuck rivals/enemies to lovers romance. Auidobook was quick, about 6h total. Both characters were well done, paced wonderfully. Sex scenes were steamy without being gratuitous or graphic.

it's a free listen if you have an Audible subscription.
>>
Any recommendations in the same vein of this?
Completely unashamedly anime yuri garbage, a McDonalds of a story but something I can just turn my brain off to and enjoy the ride
>>
>>4254229
Canadian lesbians?
>>
>>4254388
But why
>>
>>4254849
Sometimes you want potato chips instead of a steak
>>
>>4254399
Vermont, but the older one lives in Boston and she's up for senior partner at her firm
>>
fell off gideon and djinn audiobooks for the same reason, the narrators are just too dramatic even in plain descriptive sentences.
jp audiobook narrators just don't do this, guess I will never get used to it.
>>
>>4249970
Ironically what makes me care for the sequel is the story even though the story so far is shit. The book contains a lot of unused world building that hopefully will be explored.
>>
>/u/
>no het
>good
pick 2
>>
>>4255768
Pretty much, yeah.
>>
Why is the tagging system in royal road so ass? How do people find what’s yuri and what’s not?

>Fates parallel
Read up to the fourth book. The beginning was strong but as the series continues the plot spirals into some strange conglomeration of forgotten plot points or rushed tie-ups. It’s endearing with its unique charm and you can tell the author holds a lot of passion for it. I appreciated its attempt for politics and power fantasies but the world setting isn’t particularly griping (unfortunate considering it’s wuxia-inspire). The worst crime is that it falls into the “friendship is my power” trope too hard to the extent that you have to really suspend your disbelief sometimes. Especially when the characters act a little nonsensical. The MCs at least get together by book 2. Read it if you want something long, endearing in its passion, yet lacking a central focus and technical skill to really convey it.

https://www.scribblehub.com/series/504872/there-are-two-gods-in-heaven/
Try this and the author’s general works. The first few chapters you have to power through; I honestly didn’t even know what the author was writing about. But it becomes endlessly charming with its messages, characters, and motivations. The War arc was the best point of the story. Just stick with it until it finally clicks (you wont wait for too long) and don’t expect a technical master piece of language crafting or dialogue. But I highly recommend it regardless.

Does anyone have other recommendations on scribble hub/royal road? I know about Katelepsis and the author’s general works. Unfortunately, their work is too polygamous, weirdly enough.
>>
>>4256777
>How do people find what’s yuri and what’s not?
There's a longass thread on the forum listing hundreds of /u/ works. Though sure, most of them are shovelware
>>
>>4256777
>Does anyone have other recommendations on scribble hub
https://www.scribblehub.com/series/1038864/bdsystem/
I've been reading this one and I enjoyed reading MC's relationship with Melody. It is, however, full of smut. Even after 70 chapters, the main story hasn't really moved forward significantly. If you enjoy reading smut, give this one a try.

https://www.scribblehub.com/series/626757/i-will-touch-the-skies--a-pokemon-fanfiction/
This one is also not bad, but it has more focus on Pokemon than GL. Unfortunately, the GL content does take awhile to progress.
>>
>>4256777
https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/28806/the-flower-that-bloomed-nowhere
I'll never stop shilling this as I love it, has some of my favorite female character interactions out there.

That said it's definitely not gonna be for everyone - there is no romance focus though MC is 100% giga-gay so it's more a nice story with yuri in it. Said MC is unlikable for some though I like reading their POV myself. Finally it is very Umineko-inspired in the 'spend ages learning to know the cast before Plot actually begins' way if that is a dealbreaker.
>>
File: momsucc cover.png (85 KB, 400x600)
85 KB
85 KB PNG
>>4256777
I'm just now starting to upload a story I've been working on in the background for a little while. It's 100% /u/ content, slow-burn romance type stuff. It'll be up on Royal Road too, assuming they approve it.

https://www.scribblehub.com/series/1157581/second-chance-at-love-with-a-succubus-yurislice-of-life/

It's about an empty-nesting single mother who summons a succubus, mostly because she just wants some company on a lonely evening, but then ends up letting her stay over for the foreseeable future.
>>
>>4257000
>"Hm this sounds interesting, maybe I'll check it out."
>388 chapters
>very amateurish writing
>writer can't even be arsed find-replacing Pokemon with Pokémon
This is kind of a tough sell
>>
>>4256777
I really enjoyed Necroepilogos

https://www.scribblehub.com/series/599300/necroepilogos/

There's a good amount of it, it's weird but not to weird (like the locked tomb), and though it's dark, it's full of hope.
>>
>>4231274
I liked it. Coming of age teenage angst is my guilty pleasure. My one complaint is that Baker is not that well defined/developed. Because she spends most of the novel a nervous, spineless wreck I didn't get a good sense of her character. This is fine to an extent because it is Hannah's story, but it would've been nice to have seen a little more of Baker's world to understand her personality and perspective better. I'm guessing you wished they didn't end up together because of Baker treating Hannah so poorly, but I don't believe that makes her a bad/toxic person. Just weak. In her fear-gripped, self-loathing state of mind she'd convinced herself she was doing the right thing by both of them. Maybe if we'd gotten to see Baker's thought process first hand, you'd feel more positively about her, and by extension, her relationship with Hannah. As is, there's enough there for me to empathise with Baker, even if she still feels flat overall as a character.

Speaking of, does anyone have recs for angsty, coming of age books? Feels like I've read all the good stuff.
>>
>>4259027
Not that anon, and I agree with you about Baker, but I still think them ending up together undermined some of the poignancy of the narrative. I liked the book, but I would have preferred to see an ending where Hannah forgives Baker and moves on.

As for recs, I haven't gotten around to it yet but there's Changing Majors which sounds similar to HNITS.
>>
>>4250272
I've liked every book in that series so far. The MC can be a little grating, but I find the setting and character dynamic interesting.
>>
>>4259056
I think the only way that would make sense would be to have Baker stay closeted, and then have her apologise after they had drifted apart at college, or something similar. Considering how close they were, if Hannah truly forgave her, why wouldn't they try being together? I will give that Changing Majors book a read, thanks for that.
>>
>>4254388
I remember listening to this audiobook, it had some fun concepts but the MC went a few steps too far beyond the psycho line for me.
>>
Cameron Darrow - Death has Golden Eyes
Nazis somehow had access to necromancy in WW2, so the US decided to nuke them. Unfortunately, this destroyed some sort of reality-barrier, so now Europe is a mess and werewolves, vampires etc are running around.

British heroine "retires" to a small villages and tries to run a sanctuary for those supernaturals now stranded in our world, but of course, finds a dead werewolf instead so has to get involved in figuring out who did it, and why ...

It's supposed to be a bit of a mystery, but it's not a great mystery. It's solid urban fantasy though. Nice characters, interesting setting.

Probably worth keeping an eye on, though nothing too outstanding.
>>
>>4259056
>>4259027
>>4231274

Check out the author’s tumblr and tag, it’s pretty good and the one-shots are worth reading.

The author once said that their main regret was not showing the closeness of the best friend relationship between Hannah and Baker, as well as thinking that if they were to rewrite the book Baker would have never let it get as bad as it got in the book. (From what I remember)

https://littleoases.tumblr.com/readhnits
>>
File: fgep.jpg.jpg (23 KB, 450x284)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
Anyone read translated Chinese Baihe (yuri) stuff? Recently started Female General and Eldest Princess. It's kind of a slow burn, but so far I like it a lot. It's fully translated and the translation is decent.
>>
>>4261130
which translation are you reading? Can I get a copy of the epub?
>>
If you enjoyed Sarah Waters books, you might also enjoy the debut movel from Yael van der Wouden:
The Safekeep. For me the best book I read this year so far. Though I am a sucker for Angst, so be warned about that.
>>
File: fgep2.jpg (124 KB, 690x974)
124 KB
124 KB JPG
>>4262412

No epub yet, but there is an offical English release, so maybe there will be one in the future. The English release seems to include additional art.

Melts is the translator.

Full translation:
https://fgep.carrd.co/

Sample of official translation
https://www.monogatari-novels.com/wp-content/uploads/woocommerce_uploads/2024/05/preview-eng-ekqtcw.pdf
>>
Olympics season always makes me crave sports lesfic. Any decent sports romance in the past 2 years?
>>
>>4259056
>>4259487
Hannah and Baker dont feel like a good couple imo. Baker is too much of a coward and as it goes, the ending feels very rushed and out of touch with the rest of the book. Baker nearly got Hannah killed and only did something when she was close to dying. She ruined Hannah's life, friendships, and self-respect. And let's not mention Clay cuz Hannah forgiving him is peak bad writing.
>>
>>4259487
>I think the only way that would make sense would be to have Baker stay closeted, and then have her apologise after they had drifted apart at college, or something similar
That sounds like a far better and realistic ending that fits the tone of the first half of the book. Is there any fanfic like that?
>>
File: doors_of_eden.jpg (443 KB, 1037x1500)
443 KB
443 KB JPG
The Doors of Eden - by Adrian Tchaikovsky

MC and her gf get involved in a multi-dimensional save-the-world story. The intro features some cryptids and there's some interesting interludes about parallel evolutionary trees.

First off, MC and her GF form only a small part of the story. There's 5 POV characters who equally share the spotlight. MC herself is literally a regular girl in a scifi dimension-hopping story, and she loses all plot relevance 50% of the way in. You can tell the author had to come up with bullshit ways to continue fitting her and her GF into the plot.

Relationship between MC and her GF is also severely lacking. They start out as college kids already in a romantic relationship, then the GF disappears for 4yrs. When they reunite, you'd expect a lot of what's she been up to, does she still like me, what are we now? There's none of that. Instead their relationship is all shoved aside for the sake of plot.The intro with them hunting cryptids is the most /u/ friendly part of the book and also the best part.

The plot itself is also incredibly straight-forward . It's a bog-standard 'save the world' plot that moves incredibly slowly and is completely predictable. There's no twists, no unexpected moments, and a genuine-to-god deus ex machina. The whole thing feels cinematic in a bad way. The author wanted to write a movie script instead of a book.

More of a personal thing, but I prefer my scifi to be hard scifi (e.g. 3-body problem), and this is very much soft scifi where everything gets handwaved with math/equations/supercomputers.

Prose is serviceable. Like everything else it's functional, it never wows you but compared to the typical /u/ shlock the prose is better than average.

Overall it's a competent, straightforward, scifi story with minor /u/ elements. If it had better scifi or better /u/, I could recommend it more, but I found it mediocre.

There's no het at all involving the MCs.
>>
>>4265882
>MC and her GF form only a small part of the story. There's 5 POV characters
every time
>>
I hate it when a perfectly good sex scene gets ruined by the character making excessive commentary about how much better it is than all the sex she's had with men.
>>
>>4266249
This is why I only read virgin YA novels.
>>
>>4268492
Yeah, the younger the better.
>>
>>4258167
Holy FUCK, I really REALLY like this. At first I wasn't sure if I was enjoying the dialogue between the two of them but as I kept reading I just enjoyed it more and more. The parallels between Violet and the succubus vs. Violet and her daughter are super nice. Extremely glad this is a slow burn, if they were already having sex I'd be disappointed because right now I'm just enjoying Violet getting used to enjoying not being lonely. I just finished the 3rd chapter and for a moment I was really scared this was about to turn into some harem thing but I'm really glad the other demon just flew off to be a side character rather than another member of the house. I will be very madkill at you if the eventual epilogue (after 200k words) isn't Violet living a long happy life with her succubus gf until Violet dies of old age. Can't wait for the next chapter.
>>
File: grrrr.png (1.98 MB, 2831x4039)
1.98 MB
1.98 MB PNG
>>4258167
had to do some fanart. btw in my previous little review i don't mean to seem pushy about decisions you make in your fic, my heart can handle some angst... but i'll just put my vote in for monogamy
>>
File: honey in the marrow.jpg (71 KB, 667x1000)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
I read Honey in the Marrow.

Prefacing by saying avoid this if you hate bisexuality. MC is a depressed middle age widow who gets into an I-thought-we-were-enemies-to-lovers romance. Not much to complain about with the story. A major character's conflict kind of gets dropped towards the end without resolution but I didn't really care about it anyway. The MC is good, the LI is a bit flat but I'm not expecting tons of depth in these stories. The prose is serviceable. There's not much to hate, and no egregious politics despite being set in California.

All in all, it's a sweet little story and there are many worse books you could read.
>>
>>4269026
Why does it look like one of those fake books on an ikea furniture display?
>>
>>4268993
This is so cute! I've always loved how expressive your art style is, and you've really captured the characters' personalities here. Kassiya's outfit is really adorable.

And thanks for the kind words on the story. Don't worry, it's definitely not going in a harem direction. Violet is having enough trouble trying to navigate a relationship with one demon girl, she doesn't need more thrown into the mix. The other demons do get their own pairings eventually... but I don't wanna spoil anything.
>>
>>4269182
Did you ever get it on RR? Scribblehub is the only story site I can't do, the UI is just too cancer to excuse.
>>
File: popcorn-anime[1].gif (126 KB, 200x200)
126 KB
126 KB GIF
>>4269182
>Taylor visits home from college
>she sees Alekta at the bus stop
>>
>>4269248
Royal Road rejected it for "too much focus on sexual content," even though the story so far is only innuendo and some mild flirting. I might look into other sites, but aside from Wattpad, I don't know of any other mainstream platforms that are likely to take it.

>>4269259
Taylor will be visiting in another chapter or two.
>>
>>4269287
Someone in another thread I frequent uses literotica, I don’t know how well-liked that site is but could also post there once you get into spicier chapters. Is AO3 not an option for some reason? Just curious, I don’t really write so idk if it’s that they don’t allow OC stories.
>spoiler
I’ll be there
>>
Are there any good romance stories with younger teen and tween girls? I find it's almost all coming of age or gay awakening stuff, and the actual cute romantic elements of a relationship almost never get focus unless it's at least mid-teen and up. I get why stories like this are rare, but plenty exist with younger opposite-gender kids.
Amateur, published, even another medium (The Owl House definitely scratched this itch for example).
>>
>>4269287
AO3 accepts original fiction too.
>>
I've been trying to remember a book I read years ago, thought I might check here. It was definitely quite a few years back and might have been even older, I wouldn't be surprised if it was published in the aughts.

It was a normal lesfic book for the times, not sff, not Uber, I don't think, just a romance, before every person was self publishing every story as an ebook but I don't think it was particularly popular. The plot had the main character be a normal...well, now I'm drawing a bit of a blank, I feel she was doing mechanic-y things a lot but that might have been a hobby while she was actually a teacher or something?

Anyway, the kicker of it was that the love interest was way younger, some neighbor girl who was visiting for the summer and not only young enough to be considered off limits, the MC didn't even think of her that way, letting her flirting roll off her back. But the rest of the story happened and by the end of the summer or possibly a time skip later she kind of helplessly gave in. I know it's not much to go on, but that age gap seemed so wild I still remember it and wonder if I imagined it.
>>
>>4270778
Well shit please post the title here if you ever remember.
>>
>>4258167
I'm liking this a lot, really comfy. I'm not quite sure how to phrase this, but I love how despite the growing attraction, Violet is still motherly with Kassiya, treating her as almost a surrogate daughter. Great stuff.
>>
File: pale_lights.png (353 KB, 1280x443)
353 KB
353 KB PNG
Pale Lights book 1 - by David Verburg, aka erraticerrata

The second webnovel from the guy who wrote A Practical Guide to Evil. The first book is finished and the second is in-progress. I've only read the first one. It's very similar in style and prose, with the same emphasis on heavy characterization, sweeping plots, and going into every little detail to fill up wordcount. If you liked APGTE you'll like this one also, esp. since it's more romance-focused.

Story follows 2 MCs, told in third-person POV, as they take on a series of trials on an island. First MC is a guy named Tristan. Like all of erraticerrata's characters he's well-written and interesting, but he's asexual so for /u/ purposes I'll just say he's the smart guy on a revenge quest.

The other MC is Angharad, our sword lesbian. She's not the brightest woman in the room - she's not dumb, but she's hilariously honest and takes everything at face value. Fortunately, she's very good with a sword and likes women. All of this is subsumed by her one defining character trait: she's a moralfag. EVERYTHING with her is about m-muh honor. She may be the biggest honorfag ever in fiction and that's saying something. Somehow, she's still fun to read and her honorfaggotry never grates on you.

The /u/ part of Pale Lights comes from Angharad. She's established as a lesbian very early on and quickly gets involved in a pseudo-romance with one of the other trial-takers. This pseudo-romance gets more focus and plays a larger part to the plot than any romance in APGTE.

Prose is good, sometimes excellent. erraticerrata has a talent for turns-of-phrase. Unfortunately his prose is also too wordy. He tends to over-explain things.

(cont.)
>>
File: Spoiler Image (1.27 MB, 800x2468)
1.27 MB
1.27 MB PNG
>>4275647
I loved APGTE despite its flaws, and I loved Pale Lights despite its flaws. erraticerrata has a talent for characterization, clever dialogue, and intricate plots. You get attached to characters, and erraticerrata doesn't hesistate to kill them off, far moreso than APGTE. Nobody quite lives up to Akua, at least not yet. The world-building is complex and believable.

APGTE was over 3mil words long. Its biggest problem was its excess, and that's also Pale Light's biggest flaw. The first book is ~300k words by itself. A webnovel lacks an editor to cut off unnecessary parts. erraticerrata goes into detail on EVERYTHING, from inconsequential world-building tidbits to just using too many words describing scenes that don't even need to exist.

I think the biggest hurdle for people starting the story will be the character count. There's 30+ characters thrown at you in the first couple of chapters, all of whom are important to the plot in one way or another, and the author doesn't do a good job of making you remember them. Even a dozen chapters in I was still scratching my head trying to remember who a particular character was that hasn't been mentioned in fifty pages. My advice is follow the character art chart by Gwennafran (pic related, huge spoilers up to chapter 8. The chart is also updated every chapter in the comments section). Good news is, once they start to die it's easier to keep track of who's left.

Overall, an epic fantasy that I recommend even though it's not for everyone. It's bloated, unpolished, there's tons of spelling and grammar mistakes, and the introduction chapters are especially difficult to get through because of the sheer number of characters thrown at you, but nobody quite does epic fantasy like erraticerrata. I'll definitely be moving on to the second book, which should hopefully be nearing its conclusion soon.

Purityfags, no need to worry. Tristan is asexual and Angharad is 100% lesbian, though her pseudo-love interest is bi.
>>
>>4275647
>>4275648
I was waiting to pick up Pale Lights until I heard whether it had /u/ potential. Good to know it delivers.

Not super surprised at the pros and cons coming from PGTE, although while that had its character bloat it did have the good graces to go relatively easy in the first handful of chapters. I usually don't care too much though - I am good at remembering characters and I rarely care too much if I have forgotten them as long as the book doesn't expect the reader to also know their favorite food and all 15 family members once they become relevant.
>>
Is there a webpage/torrent or anything else for the works of Nobuko Yoshiya? In japanese, I assume since sofar I can find her work is almost entirely untranslated.
Just trying to see if there is a alternative to physically importing 屋根裏の二処女
>>
>>4275647
Mostly finished with book 1 now, I enjoy it well enough but it could really use a proofreading pass or three. The number of misspellings, missing words and autocorrect mishaps is quite huge. I don't remember PGTA being quite this bad about it, though it has been some years at this point. This doesn't normally bother me in amateur fiction like this but the sheer volume each chapter is starting to get to me.
>>
>>4278459
proofreading-wise APGTE was worse. Some of the later chapters had errors almost every paragraph
>>
I'm looking for podcasts. I've listened to Impact Winter which I think I enjoy mainly because of the high production value. But I'm pretty hooked on the medium if you have any audio dramas you recommend.
>>
>>4279107
is impact winter /u/?
>>
>>4279140
Your mileage may vary but yes, one of the protagonists has a girlfriend. I'm a purityfag but the high production value made this engaging and I wouldn't call it purityfag friendly.

The story revolves around two sisters with the older one being het and having a boyfriend and the younger one finding out she likes women. The evil vampire queen central to the plot also has a wife.
In a nutshell: Season 1 is all het and season 2 introduces the lesbian love interest.

Season 3 focuses on the protagonist and her girlfriend being deeply in love. However, the het sister becomes involved with the queen's wife for political reasons. My favorite scenes ended up between the evil wife and the het sister. I'm not hopeful things will continue between them despite the interesting chemistry, but I am hopeful for a good ending for the wife despite her being a ruthless bitch.
>>
>>4235200
>>means nothing to anyone who isn't on facebook all day crying about minorities
Do you even know where you are?
>>
>>4234849
Not every high schooler is a fat "genderqueer" retard
>>
Currently reading Priory, I guess I quite like it but I was wondering if Sabran is part of the main romance of the story?
I'm wondering because it doesn't feel like it but it'd be disappointing if it was.
>>
>>4258167
refreshing this story's page for updates like a boomer at the slots
>>
>>4283186
Sorry about the late update, I only got home like an hour ago and completely forgot I had a chapter sitting un-posted on my computer. It's up now, but there might be a few more typos than usual. Brain's mush.
>>
>>4283181
yes
>>
>>4283339
God fucking dammit, I was totally expecting Ead and Tané meeting in the future, and madly falling in love.

Should I stick it up?
>>
>>4283728
iirc Tane never has a love interest. I enjoyed it but it is admittedly a lot of het to trudge through, though I do remember the whole reveal with Sabran being quite fucked up
>>
>>4283740
RIP
>>
>>4283181
i don't recommend priory for this reason. the side stories are just not worth it for the romance.
>>
>>4230658

I just want to say that I don't think the Nevernight series should be here. Took my chances reading it and could barely finish the 2nd one. The story progress is bad (The second book is basically 95% filler), the characters are bland (the MC is a useless one trick pony) and the world building is non-existent.

The het is not even the biggest problem if you had plans to read this. Putting it in the same list as Baru, Gideon, etc. is disingenuous.
>>
>>4283728
>I expected the MC to fall in love with this literally who instead of the queen
You're wearing some extra slanted goggles
>>
>>4284393
>could barely finish the 2nd one
the second book is peak /u/. A lot of what you said is accurate but the 2nd book is excellent
>>
>>4284393
Gideon is even worse, the fuck are you on. And it doesn't even have yuri. If any book is not supposed to be on that list, it's it.
>>
>>4284535
The word ‘lesbian’ is on the cover of Gideon, are you really gonna tell me it has zero yuri?
>>
>>4284535
Gideon is actually well written though. That's this anon's point.
>>
>>4284419
Well, the story is a political drama basically, I was expecting some sort of alliance between the nations, a meetup between the two protagonists. I don't get the appeal for Sabran, she's mean right away, and deluded as fuck about some sort of false prophecy. Lame/10
>Tané is not a protagonist
Shut up dummy.
>>
>>4230656
I'm trying to learn French and some /u/ recommendations would be nice, any frogs here?
>>
File: 512eqnLZFlL.jpg (43 KB, 333x500)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>4230658
I remember this one and the sequel being OK. Even if the covers fucking suck.
Better than some of those for sure.
>>
>>4284567
it's a list of top /u/ fantasy, not 'aggressively mediocre fantasy'. The only thing sword of the guardian has going for it is a good sex scene
>>
>>4284629
If it doesn't have any Wheddon-tier snark and pop culture references, that alone warrants its place on the list.
>>
>>4284683
That's what I'm saying, it's average, not amazing. Still, I'd read it over some of those.

It's AT LEAST as good as WWW.
>>
>>4284537
It doesn't. See for yourself.
>>
>>4266249
If you were a woman you'd know it's true.
>>
>>4284790
You do realize lesbians exist, right
>>
I believe all fiction should just have women-only universes
>>
>>4284790
I didn't mean to imply it wasn't true, but it's like going to a fancy restaurant with someone and they keep going on about how the food is so much better than all the liquefied horse placenta they've been eating until now. I don't disagree, yet it's killing my appetite.
>>
>>4284796
Me too.
>>
>>4284567
It can't get any worse.
>look out the second cover
kek

Sorry, anon, I can't read a book with a cover this ugly. I just can't. If the author chose this thing to be on top of her work, then her taste is shit and therefore her writing skills are shit.
>>
>>4268492
Give me the fucking titles.
>>
>>4285193
Play with your own titties.
Oh no wait, I misread your post. Carry on.
>>
>>4286082
I don't want your flat titties, I want YA tittles.
>>
Talking about YAslop, apparently the novelization of Wednesday s1 is shippy af about her and the wolfgirl enough for people to notice it.
They keep the soporific romance between the wolfgirl and the dude, apparently its getting dropped hard in s2 lmao, and whatever bs they wanted to angle with Wednesday and the dude that its an irl sex pest and the other dude that ends up being the villian's pet...
I don't rec but its interesting they went with having subtext.
>>
File: poster-1069972.jpg (39 KB, 500x500)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
Anyone read this? It sounds cute

n Sài Gòn, Lan is always trying to be the perfect daughter, dependable and willing to care for her widowed mother and their bánh mì stall. Her secret passion, however, is A Bánh Mì for Two, the food blog she started with her father, but has stopped updating since his passing.

Meanwhile, Vietnamese American Vivi Huynh has never been to Việt Nam. Her parents rarely even talk about the homeland that clearly haunts them. So Vivi secretly goes to Vietnam for a study abroad program her freshman year of college. She’s determined to figure out why her parents left, and to try everything she’s seen on her favorite food blog, A Bánh Mì for Two.

When Vivi and Lan meet in Sài Gòn, they strike a deal. Lan will show Vivi around the city, helping her piece together her mother’s story through crumbling photographs and old memories. Vivi will help Lan start writing again so she can enter a food blogging contest. And slowly, as they explore the city and their pasts, Vivi and Lan fall in love.
>>
>>4268492
I only read YA titles with cartoon characters on the cover everything else is trash. I don't wanna read about 30 year old roasties who've finally discovered their sexuality after banging 200 guys.
>>
I`m honestly more bothered by characters having previous same-sex relationships than characters that have dated men. I want to see yuri blooming despite all adversities, not professional lesbians constantly looking for a new girl to fuck.
>>
File: FullShift.jpg (128 KB, 667x1000)
128 KB
128 KB JPG
>Full Shift: A Graphic Novel
>ISBN: 9780593529843
>Tessa feels like she doesn’t fit in anywhere. Not at school, where she can’t figure out how to confess the feelings she has for her friend Maddie. And definitely not at home, where the other werewolves in her family make her feel like an outcast because she can’t even shift into her full wolf form yet. Sometimes she thinks her whole life would be easier if she wasn’t a werewolf at all.

Has anyone read this? I can't find it online....
>>
>>4279107
if you're into supernatural horror there's alice isn't dead on spotify. lesbian trucker searching for her missing wife.

>>4284536
not that anon but... actually yes, there's none of it. I guess it was purely marketing, like all those video games that are not out yet already have "10/10-IGN" praises in their trailers. there's subtext/tension but no actual romance in any of the first two books. didn't read the third one though.

the sad part with that list is that the only entry with both actual professional-tier prose, narration and editing AND a non ambiguous, het-free, satisfying /u/ romance from start to finish is the fucking avatar series.
>>
>>4287028
Its a comic, and I fucking guarantee the art looks nothing like the cover. It's fucking insane how the comic industry in murrica gets away with false advertising.
>>
>>4287026
I knkw right! My fucking thoughts exactly. Casual sex is also an instant drop for me.
>>
File: 81mmPAu1CCL._SL1500_.jpg (376 KB, 1500x1125)
376 KB
376 KB JPG
>>4287209
fuck I forgot about the comic thread ur right. about the art, usually different people do the covers in comics (marvel stuff). However in graphic novels it's a bit different. I'm looking at the amazon page wondering if I should buy it given I can't find anything but the authors books.... she wrote "Some girls do", "Hot dog girl" and "Playing for Keeps" (those are proper books). I have not read them but looks like average YA with cartoon on the covers lol.
>>
>>4287212
That art is fucking great.
>>
>>4287212
>such a failwolf
I can't tell if I love or hate this
>>
>>4287209
>art looks nothing like the cover
>false advertising

It's really more that since the late 80s, a lot of publishers like to do "cover variants" by other artists as a selling gimmick, and it became standard mostly as a result of Marvel trying to chase the high of the collectors' market by flooding the market with all kinds of versions of the same comic. Of course this also contributed to their bankruptcy, selling off their IP catalog and later acquisition by Disney.
>>
>reading Loathing You
Why does this thing looks like it was written by a teenager? It's full of clichés and horrible proverbs. The sex talk are so cringey!
>check author age
Kek. This girl could at least called out a good editor.
>>
>>4287212
>>4287222

Well, the interior art does indeed look nice. I'm glad to be wrong this time.
>>
>>4287387
>Hate. Detest. Despise. These words were the only way that Adaline and Juliette could possibly describe their relationship, or lack thereof.
This is a joke, right? Like, it's metafiction and this synopsis is for the book a character in universe wrote?
>>
File: lucy-undying.jpg (161 KB, 325x500)
161 KB
161 KB JPG
Just got this...i love lespire shit...and the cover is kino.
Seems to be the start of a series thou
>>
My mum found my goodreads account and asked me why I was reading a bunch of middle grade lesbian books.
>>
>>4287870
Are you surprised though? The book isn't exactly a masterfully crafted piece of literature. It's a blatant rip off of Tryst Six Venom, which is similarly ridiculous, but atleast it's better written.
>>
>>4231404
I really liked it. I thought the writing was good, the romance was built up well, and the plot was interesting. I got quite invested in the characters honestly. I was actually surprised that every time it's been brought up in this thread, it has been negative. It seems just as in line as the other books talked about in /u/
>>
>>4290095
Ask her recommendation for quality lesbian books then.
>>
File: 54110567.jpg (3.71 MB, 2820x4231)
3.71 MB
3.71 MB JPG
Just finished this, it was pretty good. More high school teenage drama with a splash of lesbian self discovery but still good.
>>
>>4290715
High school? Girl on the cover looks like my crush from U13 soccer.
>>
>MC goes to guy's house to try to find out secret information
>guy clearly likes her but alas our MC is lesbian
>guy's mother figures it out immediately
>guy's mother fucks MC

holy shit was not expecting this. This is the greatest of tropes
>>
>>4290896
I believe the MC is 12 so definitely not high school.
>>
>>4291623
Is this referring to this >>4290715
>>
>>4291627
definitely not. It's from book 2 of pale lights
>>
>>4291623
Very nice.
>>
>>4291623
Holy based
>>
>>4291659
>>4291623
What chapter, I ain't reading the whole thing.
>>
>>4291626
I live in Australia so I often forget middle school is a thing. We only have primary school and high school.
>>
>>4292061
This, asking the right question.
>>
>>4292064
There are at least a couple of junior/senior high schools here somewhere, but essentially not a thing. Though I had that in mind when I posted >>4290896: she doesn't look like a Year 7 student, let alone Year 10-12.
>>
>>4292061
chpt 53 and a little bit of 54. book 2. If you're jumping into it blind ur gonna have no clue wtf is going on tho
>>
anyone read any of the following, are they worth reading?
>hearing red 4.55 with 2913 ratings
>the clinch 4.49 with 1103 ratings
>arrow of artemis series 4.36-4.59

i ask for more reliable anon opinions because ive tried books that had a rating above 4.7 in the past (both u and non-u) that were awful. feels like ulit has fallen off in recent years. there are several topical highly rated releases in 2024 that have never been mentioned here. and i have been burned too many times and frankly have better things to do with my time than give them a try myself
>>
>>4295056
>there are several topical highly rated releases in 2024 that have never been mentioned here
like what?
>>
>>4295056
I've only read the Arrow of Artemis series and I don't recommend it. The first book is ok but the sequels are bad.
>>
File: Em5A5jEUcAAetfY.jpg (236 KB, 749x1105)
236 KB
236 KB JPG
“the nymph and the dryad” by howard angus kennedy illustrated by h. r. miller (1904)
>>
>>4287026
My problem is that it's not pulp enough. I wouldn't mind some stories involving a cool policelady or detective solving a crime, fucking girls and snorting cocaine once or twice. Maybe there's not a market for it, but I think it'd be interesting. As it stands it's boring settings involving cheap intimacy.
>>
>>4287028
so anyone got a link for this one?
>>
>>4295056
>>4295258
Also just finished Hearing Red and I think it's a good book if you like the whole post apocalyptical zombie thing. Also one of the MCs is blind so her chapters have a cool perspective on things.
>>
This comes out next week. Looking forward to it since She Gets The Girl is my favourite /u/ book.
>>
>>4298447
>>4295056
I read Hearing Read a few months ago and certainly is better than most f/f books released this year. Reminds me of Charon Docks at Daylight.

Other books I enjoyed more or less this year are:

No Shelter But the Stars by Virginia Black
Daughter of the Bone Forest by Jasmine Skye
Vengeance Planning for Amateurs by Lee Winter
>>
Finished the sanguire series yesterday. Absolutely could not recommend it... It's rare that I read something that was published and edited professionally and find it so dull and disappointing. The characters are all far too childish and emotional considering many of them are supposed to be centuries old vampires, vampire nobles at that. The main story elements from books to 2-4 are political intrigue and character development. Small problem with that - the intrigue is incredibly poorly written and dumb, and every actor involved seems to be retarded. To add insult to injury the pacing of said crap intrigue is glacially slow. A competent writer could've gotten across the same plot ideas in one book rather than three - and it ends on an anticlimactic open ended cliffhanger, by the way. The author's naming sense felt very odd to me, some of the made up language is fine but a lot of the character names never stuck with me. This is probably due in large part due to shit dialogue and lackluster characters - feelings and emotions are not shown to me by the way characters act or speak but simply dictated to me by the narrator. Usually when I read I can empathise with and become attached to at least one character, usually the protagonist if the author is of limited ability, but no such luck here. The prose is also quite bad, typical problem of writing paragraphs when sentences would do, and a massive overusage of exposition. None of the /u/ related content is good enough to merit reading this, in my humble opinion. I only finished it because of sunk cost fallacy thinking and I only started it on a whim after seeing it here (I fancied a vampy thing.)
On a positive note, I'm halfway through Captive in the Underworld and that has made for much better reading so far. Would tentatively recommend that one for anyone interested in a Greek myth themed romance.
For anyone who has read the Sanguire series, am I completely off base with this? What did you appreciate about the series?
>>
>>4298475
>Netflix-esque
>celebrities
>fake dating
>second chance romance
Holy mother of red flags! Skipping.
>>
>>4299637
I trust the authors to write something good more than I trust the marketing team who are writing the blurb to sell as many books as possible.
>>
>>4299637
>Netflix-esque
What does this mean?
>>
>>4299700
Cheap cashgrab by a failed screenwriter
>>
File: 35604722.jpg (293 KB, 600x871)
293 KB
293 KB JPG
I can't decide which book to read from my backlog so I'm letting RNG decide. RNG says picrel. Hope it's good
>>
>>4298475
Nice, I liked that one a lot.
>>
>>4298475
>>4300777
they don't teach the young lesbians to face the camera nowadays
>>
File: 37539698.jpg (127 KB, 500x732)
127 KB
127 KB JPG
>>4301046
Yeah I'm about half way through and I'm really enjoying it. These middle grade / YA coming out stories also destroy me emotionally.

>>4301050
Faces are hard to draw
>>
>>4301439
Feel like her books is a bit lacking in the romantics.
>>
>>4301760
Yeah they are more coming of age stories instead of romance stories. Still really good though.
>>
The sequel to Pirates of Aletharia is out. The first book was surprisingly really good, let's see about the second one.
>>
>>4287026
if you're into that trope I just finished when you least expect it by haley cass. it's a cute romance about a divorce lawyer who gets hired by the wife of her ex associate to help her get custody, and then tries to go for the toaster oven achievement. the book spans over a year and starts and ends with the holiday season, so definitely a comfy read for christmas.
>>
File: poster-1079365.jpg (64 KB, 500x500)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
More Christmas kino just dropped
>>
>>4303216
I know books and covers and such, but god damn do I wish people wouldn't do such shitty covers.
>>
>>4303217
Be grateful it is actual art and not stable diffusion.
>>
>>4303217
>that
>shitty
You're retarded. And haven't seen actual shit covers.
>>
>>4303217
Yeah you're right it needs to be softcore porn like 99% of romance books.
>>
>>4303219
I guess.
>>
>>4303216
How is it?
>>
>>4303919
>Ashley Herring Blake
Nevermind. It's probably trash.
>>
>>4303219
If the 'actual art' is this bad, they should have used SD instead.
>>
>>4303919
I dunno I'll tell you in December I'm not reading a Christmas book in October.
>>
>>4304430
Fuck off.
>>
>>4303216
>Ashley Herring Blake
lmao, nope.
Can see the manfucking coming from a mile.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.