[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/u/ - Yuri

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 4okU2tb.png (407 KB, 920x893)
407 KB
407 KB PNG
>Fics
http://archiveofourown.org/series/354770
>Art
http://imgur.com/a/XLhFm

Previous electrolysis: >>4061340
>>
File: 1695969073525609.png (80 KB, 5149x793)
80 KB
80 KB PNG
>What is it?
/u/ put their goggles on tight enough that they started shipping personifications of chemical elements, metals in particular. We started from the nuclear family of a Gold/Silver couple and their daughter Copper and have been slowly expanding out. Done with a mixture involving some amounts of science and additional amounts of "this would be cute" when it comes to establishing an element or couple. The threads have a basic idea (or more) for all the elements and are now working on expanding relationships, relationship histories, physical descriptions, and other personal elements for the lesser-known elements.
We’ve reached a point where we can begin to discuss more about the events of the immediate future i.e., year 1, 2, and 3. Suggestions and discussion topics are welcome.
>>
File: 1477059736038.png (259 KB, 822x740)
259 KB
259 KB PNG
>Collected Works
https://archiveofourown.org/works/8500270/chapters/119442073
https://archiveofourown.org/works/5253113/chapters/123611935

>Charts
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1r-9lPzjj56iUCE8d9F6gfaes6ipOD5W0XLsjYZDGUw4/edit#gid=0 – Hair, height, misc bits and birthdays. Now includes musical acts!
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1UwL-GRvAG4s8n8b03ynoSDVvO76WXfkD?usp=share_link- Relationship charts

>Topics of discussion
Does Silica provide the parts that Posi works with?
Who are Posi's Friends?
Where does Lutetia work?
>>
>>4265315
>didn't update the fics
>no sages
Almost there.
Speaking of; from the last thread
>https://archiveofourown.org/works/6683338/chapters/133358308
>>
>>4265317
Sorry. Amateur mistake.
>>
>>4265318
It's understandable. I'm fucking wiped as is.
>>4265315
>where does Lutetium
Technically her main employer would be the Argon estate with her doing part-time or contract work for Silice
>>
>>4265315
So far, for Posi, her circle would look something like:
>Friends
Hydrogen
Argon
Germanium
Lutetium
>Acquaintances
Silicon
Europium
Corium
Muonium (for now)

Lithium is another possible option, on a similar basis to Silicon. Contract work, research, specialized parts, something in that vein. Positronium can also bond with the halogens, but there's a little less ground there to build off of there considering how distant from the city Posi has tended to be.
>>
Do we know how Cobalt and Chromium met?
>>
>>4267439
High school wasn't it?
>>4265686
Looks good. As for the halogen stuff, we could say she's an alumni/senpai/whatever though that'd just be more an accolade than history I think.
>>
>>4267484
>High school wasn't it?
Looking at their ages at the time I'd say it was a bit later than that. Cobalt's profile specifies that it was during her apprenticeship, but not the specifics beyond that. Presumably Chromium was also just getting started with her career, so it could easily go one of two ways: Chromium window shopping or Cobalt's car needing repair. Unless it was something else entirely!

>halogens
That works nicely. If we really wanted to stress a connection she could've been a member of the same sorority (before the rest attended).
>>
>>4267537
>CoCr
Perhaps both for them, after all it was a whirlwind romance iirc. So Cobalt gets her car fixed, flirts with the mechanic, and then like a week or two later Chromium's window shopping and Cobalt picks up the flirting. Does some line about giving a piece away as a gift for the car help and because a beautiful girl deserves beautiful accessories. Bit of a back and forth before Chromium suggests going out for dinner, it'll give her an excuse to wear the new piece she bought
>>
>>4267602
>Cobalt trying not to flirt with her customers challenge
"I bet you say that to all the girls," says Chromium. "Yes, that's true," replies Cobalt.
>>
>>4267606
Exactly. It just comes so naturally to them, how could Cobalt not fall in love?
>>
>>4267637
She was probably relieved to finally be dating somebody who wasn't planning on joining the military. Which is, you know, fair.
>>
File: Cf party hard.png (224 KB, 700x1011)
224 KB
224 KB PNG
Yo thread, the /u/ virtual divegrass tournament will be taking place sometime in the remainder of the year, and I want to sign up a team to represent the thread, but I can't decide which one of these 3:

/metallurgy/ - Formely Al's team that Au has now monopolized (who could have seen this coming) also featuring Co, Bi and Fe
/alloys/ - with all the metal sproglets, spearheaded by Ellie, Irodos and Alnico
/gynois/ - the team with Ura and all the robutts

>>4267484
>High school wasn't it?
High School Co was too busy making Al bite the pillow
>>
>>4268538
Can't go wrong with the original! Although the gynoids could be a fun change of pace.
>>
>>4268538
/U/League is really happening?
>>
>>4269941
Only needs a streamer but it's actively being planned (also it's the second edition, /gynoids/ competed in the first but didn't really achieve much)
>>
>>4270024
In that case, the main team would be a nice choice.
>>
Wait a second...

>Tungsten
>Aluminum
>Chromium

Based on those three, you might think Cobalt has a type. Some combination of slightly older, cool and/or a hotshot, mechanically inclined, could probably pick her up and carry her, etc. But then you have Platinum throwing a wrench into all that...until you remember what her future career is going to be. So, turns out Cobalt might have a type after all: women who are into cars (or, in Tungsten's case, motorcycles).
>>
>>4270922
Co needs someone that can take care of her intake manifold
>>
File: Cobalt.png (53 KB, 244x285)
53 KB
53 KB PNG
>>4271653
>>
What's Mercury up to during y0 again? Visiting the city for some downtime and the like?
>>4270922
The mystery's been solved.
>>
>>4278722
She is, and probably has been for some time. Dating Chlorine has probably cut down on the amount she's spent in the countryside. Maybe a few weekends here and there. Come to think of it, taking her girlfriend out on a little excursion next time there's a significant astrological event wouldn't be a bad idea for a date. You can't get much more romantic than that, at least not by Mercury's standards.
>>
Consider...Metall/u/rgy Roaring 20s AU.

>Flapper Gold singing at Krypton's nightclub
>Tin's band performing behind her on stage
>Ada, the hired muscle standing watch at the door
>Mob boss Polonium, who controls all the bootlegging in the city, at her private table
>Nervous bookkeeper Copper unwittingly getting herself wrapped up in their schemes
>>
>>4281219
Sounds interesting. Who'd be the possibly corrupt Mayor that's rumored to be seen at the club?
>>
>>4281621
It'd still have to be Praseodymium, I'd imagine. Maintaining all sorts of connections is just good business on her part, even if they aren't the type you'd tend to talk about in polite company.

Not to mention...
>Rhenium getting a tune up from Chromium before her street race with Cromoly
>Uranium's gang planning their next bank heist
>Investigative reporter Indium trying to get her next big scoop (watch out, Prase)
>>
>>4281670
I like the others. I'm kind of neutral on Prase. Consider business tycoon Prase that knows her nascent empire is built on cards doing her best to lay a firm foundation via other ventures people catch onto the con.
>>
>>4281679
Maybe somebody like Silicon could be the totally not corrupt mayor, then? Meanwhile, Radium is delving into dadaism and Aluminum is basking in the success of breaking another record in her latest flight.
>>
>>4281687
Silicon's a fun choice along with the forgetable woman that serves as her right hand. She could be the life of the party, the belle of the ball and all that. Who's the would-be detective if Ada's a bouncer?
>>
>>4281703
Tungsten, I think, would make a good private eye. Getting involved in cases she shouldn't all because she never learned how to say no to a pretty face. Working both in and outside of the law, depending on who's paying. Not afraid to throw a punch or two if the job calls for it.
>>
>>4281711
Could go by Wolfram even. Argon being a veteran smuggler in cahoots with Krypton and Polonium, playing in the big leagues since she's a supplier to both of them.
>>
>>4281716
Disguising her shipments as antiquities was a stroke of genius on the part of Argon. Of course, Polonium normally keeps Wolfram well paid not to stick her nose in their business, an arrangement which both women find agreeable.
>>
>>4281718
Good connections. Now you got my attention. Who could normally be found dining with or in the presence of Boss Po and/or Mayor Silice on a normal night?
>>
>>4281733
Everyone from judges to business tycoons. Lead, Bismuth, Zinc and Chromoly, to name just a few. Polonium is an enigmatic figure, and can be seen most nights with a young lady named Thallium on her arm, though the precise nature of their relationship remains the source of much rumor.
>>
Let's see...
>Phosphorus and Sulfur, the criminal duo with a penchant for starting fires
>Up and coming boxer Titanium and her coach Vanadium
>Bismuth holding a séance at her lavishly geometric art deco estate
>Sticky-fingered pickpocket Stellite
>Holmium's still a bartender though
>>
>>4282532
What about Thulium?
>>
>>4282537
Thulium? Hmm. I could see her working as Chromium's assistant, but that might not be very interesting.
>>
>>4282537
Actually, looking at some of thulium's uses, what if she was a counterfeiter?
>>
>>4282590
Interesting especially if she's the older sister and/or aged up. Perhaps trying to keep Holmium out of trouble. An odd connection to Polonium, Uranium, and Phosphorous. I did just get struck by an idea too.
Loan shark Thulium
>>
>>4282671
That could very well be the case, assuming they're still related at all. Makes me wonder what place Erbium might have in all this.
>spoiler
I'd almost want to suggest Lead for that, come to think of it.
>>
>>4282674
I feel like Erbium and her sisters could maybe be roped in with the more criminal elements OR they're running the orphanage the kids reside in. I'm kind of quite partial with the idea of the four sisters being the four matrons of the Arrhenius House. Might be suggesting something that's too out of scope but it'd be a nice, well I guess, inversion of the sisters.
Loan Shark Lead sounds interesting, how'd that work? I thought she'd for sure be the tram/train master considering the time and her tastes
>>
>>4282681
Oh! That's a great idea. Collects some of the disparate characters that might not have been otherwise. All the while Thulium could be courting Erbium, while feeling conflicted about keeping her criminal activity a secret from her.
>Lead
Partially because it's, like you said about the sisters, an inversion of her normal character, and partially because the image of Lead and her goons shaking someone down is too amusing to pass up. The train thing isn't a bad idea, of course, but this way she'd be a little more in tune with the rest of the cast so far. Also, for what it's worth, I have some thoughts on a different interpretation of a historical incarnation of Lead involving trains that's in a different context than this AU.
>>
>>4282780
>feeling conflicted about her criminal activity
All things considered, I bet that Erbium's having a laugh whenever she's talking to Thulia and sees one of the kids wander past. Arrhenius House isn't infamous for nothing.
>Lead
The image of Lead having goons is very funny, although I suppose that might explain where Silver has hidden.
>>
>>4283023
They've been hanging out with Stellite, haven't they?
>Silver
Perhaps so, which is a good thing because I honestly haven't been quite sure where to take Silver with all this.
>>
>>4283034
Well I mean the greater implication is more damning than associating with a kid possibly named Finger(s). Even if it could be self-appointed.
>Silver
How involved you wanna get with her? Cause, and this is more of an idea for the overall themes, she could be a member of the "Family" visiting from the old country which I suppose is another thing that could be stressed. Whether the elements are immigrants or not. Fresh off the boat or otherwise in the case of the kids at the Arrhenius House.
>>
>>4283039
That bad, huh? Somebody should warn Thulium.
>Silver
I've toyed around with the thought of some characters, such as Iron, vaguely being new arrivals to the city, so it's definitely a possibility. In the case of Silver, it's almost a problem of there being too many tempting options on the table.
>>
>>4283042
Primae bless her, Thulia tries her best.
>Silver
Well far be it from mean to lean too heavily but I do feel like her plain looks and quiet demeanor would lend itself to that. She's the tired pencil pusher that came in from outta state. She's had a tiring day and all that she wants is to get out of the evening heat, relax, maybe have a drink and catch a song from a lovely singer. The lounge/club being nearby is just happen stance for her. Not that weird, especially since this is after that great war and it shook all kinds of people loose
>>
>>4283050
Erbium'll need to tell her sisters to go easy on the poor girl.
>Silver
My initial instinct was for her to be some sort of businesswoman, respectable if maybe not a little gullible, but leaning into her more understated qualities could be interesting.
>>
>>4283055
I don't think it'll move Yttrium any though. The stern old governess hasn't much sympathy these days.
>Silver
True it's why I think it'd be an interesting angle for her. That and pushing to the front that silver is, still, relatively the financier metal compared to the more opulent gold. I think, personally, she'd prefer if all her trips are uneventful. Maybe something with current events has exacerbated her exhaustion and it seeps deeper into her bones every day. Maybe she chats up Copper some nights over similar vocations.
>>
>>4283062
She just needs someone to melt her cold exterior, right? Right? Or maybe that's what caused the problem in the first place.
>Silver
Aha, now it's all starting to click. Her being a financier is the perfect angle to work from, and explains why she might prefer to stay mostly in the background. She might even see a little of her younger self in Copper, albeit a slight more neurotic version. Sounds like she really needed that drink.
>>
>>4283069
Perhaps both or some other events that hardened an already stoic lady.
>Silver
Not to mention all the doors it'd open, narratively, cause technology doesn't have instant communication just yet. Gotta be there in person to make sure things are being ran where it's desired and all that. That's on top of the people she's meeting being arrogant. Thinking they could pull a fast one on her or that she's easy to turn away.
>>
>>4283088
Someone has to keep those kids in line, after all.
>Silver
Naturally, they always end up underestimating her. Can you really blame them? In light of this information it stands to reason that her and Lead would have a rather comfortable working relationship.
>>
Who would be the best option for a notorious cat burglar? It's gotta be Cobalt, right?
>>
>>4284466
In actual practical terms or character wise?
I wouldn't know about the former, probably some common metal alloy mix or a type of steel. The latter, my first thought was Zinc then it shifted to Iron. I'm liking Zinc better though
>>
>>4284471
In general, but speaking mostly to characterization. Hmmm. I was initially leaning towards Cobalt over Zinc or Iron, but thinking about it more, is there possibly room for both? Cobalt would be the classier, sneakier type of thief, the kind who steals for the thrill of the hunt, whereas Iron would be is much less subtle in her methods, smashing windows and the like. Cobalt enjoys the finer things in life, but for Iron it's just a job. Either that, or Cobalt is some sort of art dealer who trades in stolen goods. Zinc I'd pegged as still being an architect, on account of someone needing to design all those fancy new skyscrapers.
>>
>>4284478
>fine arts dealer
Cobalt being a fence and/or pawnshop owner seems reasonable enough. Gives her just enough distance to luxuriate in the finer things while enjoying fruits of a poisonous tree and system.
>Iron and Zinc
My initially thinking for Zinc was because of her architectural association. She'd have access to blueprints, making her a city clerk or architectural firm employee, would give her the means and all she'd need is motivation. Considering the rampant corruption the era came from, and some that's still lingering, she could very easily be disgruntled enough to do solo jobs if she felt so inclined. She would also possibly have access to events depending on her position.
Iron's a tougher sell yeah. I had some thought about her being Steel's disillusioned daughter, which I think lends itself to making Steel more interesting considering how it was framed as the Metal of the Modern Age. If anyone would be a tycoon rapidly rising in the era, I think it'd be Steel. In any case I'm not sure about Iron, I'm more sold on Zinc being the cat burglar for the reasons I gave
>>
>>4284481
You make a convincing argument. Under the circumstances, Iron and Zinc could easily have a loose sort of agreement where Zinc provides her with the inside knowledge and Iron executes the job. Regardless of what ends up happening with Iron in regards to her potential thievery, I like your line of thinking about Steel. Swapping their roles like that makes a lot of sense, and could possibly be what's driven Iron to these circumstances.
>>
>>4284483
>Iron
I kind of have two trains of thought regarding her. More to stress her ubiquitous nature than anything concrete.
>Steel connection
One is making her Steel's bastard daughter. With who? Who knows, but Steel sees enough of herself in the kid to take her in under the guise of hiring Iron on as a gopher/apprentice fixer/plot position that Iron's simmering resentment is understandable.
>Disconnected Iron
The other idea would be some kind of information broker who's somehow got a finger in every pie in the city. May butt heads with Boss Po, but who doesn't? Iron knows to be non-threatening enough if she wants to keep her cash flow steady and any sort of arms race is ultimately money in her pocket since both sides readily come to her. Maybe a mayoral aid or alderman to the city, she's involved in local politics naturally. Some yellow journalists may have dug up a connection between Iron and Silicon but nothing could stick aside from being sued for libel. Their further absence from the political venues that Silicon's involved with is rather pointedly ignored along with the company being bought out following Silicon's victory.
>>
>>4284487
Between those two I think I'm leaning more towards the former. It's a slightly more unique setup, and plays off the circumstances of the real Steel and Iron in a way you couldn't with another group of characters. If anything, Cabon might be a good fit for the second concept.
>>
>>4284493
*Carbon
>>
>>4284493
Fair enough and I like the way you think. Carbon being one of the shadows lingering over the city is an interesting move for her.
I do have a suggestion that's more mundane: Neon essentially being the head of the energy department back then. Cause of the neon signs naturally
>>
>>4284495
I've been wondering what sort of archetype Carbon would be best suited for, and this solves that elegantly. There isn't much that happens that Carbon doesn't know about, not in this city.
>Neon
See, I was thinking that she could be some kind of promoter, the kind of fast-talking figure who promises to make her clients famous. Puts her into contact with a large amount of people that way, as befitting the whole "showbusiness" neon sign angle.
>>
>>4284497
I suppose that sets up the question of: who knows about Carbon's reach? I'm sure Silicon and Po might have some idea but would Tungsten know? Krypton? The foibles of being a minor local celebrity I suppose
>Neon
That is more fitting, yeah. Sounds like a more general advertising agent than someone manager or part of a firm that might have Krypton as a client.
>>
>>4284505
Tungsten would probably have some inklings of her influence, but no real tangible proof. Just whispers and her own observations. It's not too surprising, after all, that a bigwig like Carbon would have a lot of friends in high places, and people like to talk. It's just a matter of getting the right people to talk for the right price, something Carbon knows all too well.
>Neon
She's a regular sight around Krypton's, and she's always trying convince someone that she'll make them the next big thing. Titanium is probably a client of hers, for example.
>>
>>4284506
So what's Lithium doing in all of this? I'd imagine a interesting, if obvious, inversion would be Lith as the young heir while her more 'obscure' relatives are critical aunties that she has to put up with.
I did also want to ask about Molybdenum since Loan Shark Lead was talked about previously. Namely if she still worked with Lead or was perhaps working with either Cromoly or Chromium
>>
>>4284597
I've been wondering the same thing! To keep the theme going, this version of Lithium might be looking to modernize the family enterprise, much to the chagrin of her many, more traditional, aunts. Assuming, that is, there still is one. Molybdenum is an interesting challenge. While it would be continue to be amusing to have her work for Lead, it couldn't hurt to explore the other options on the table.
>>
>>4284613
Well considering the timing of the era, and her lineage, she could be working to be stabilizing her family's zaibatsu following the aftermath of the great war. Would somewhat explain why the old hens cluck so fiercely though I worry about Sodium and Potassium in such an inversion.
As for Moly; looking to the metal's history, it saw use during the great war in armor plating and as a tungsten substitute. Could maybe take inspirations from that either as her being a war profiteer that made her fortune during the conflict or as perhaps one of the higher ranked people in the war. Say captain of an armored division. Tungsten might know her if they trained together at the same bootcamp before Moly got shipped off to the armory
>>
>>4284627
I suppose there's no reason that Sodium and Potassium necessarily have to be involved with whatever Lithium is doing, but that does still leave them a relative blank. One of the archetypes that's still up for grabs is the young woman looking to break into the burgeoning film industry; Sodium wouldn't be an inappropriate choice for that role. Would put her in contact with Neon, undoubtedly, and she'd currently be making ends meet by working at various restaurants.
>Molybdenum
I'm sold.
>>
>>4284635
I like NaK possibly having some distance. If you'll humor a what if: K's running a semi-successful garden store with N as some degree of a business partner. Na's her young adult daughter that has dreams of stardom. Maybe, probably, first or second generation immigrants. Implication is that K's immigrated with the intent of expanding the Zaibatsu's reach/business and it didn't quite work out that well but hey K at least owns her family's store. N's a special case. Na doesn't quite realize her dreams of stardom, either from being a radio drama star or those new fangled silent movies, are probably going to be strangled by her family's shop unless something changes.
Que Lithium immigrating, expecting to see one of her more amicable aunts(K's mom), only to discover K in her place and the family shop. N's a little shady with how she's involved, particularly where she got the money to be a silent partner, but she seems like a decent person over all. Plus K remembers how hospitable Nitro was to her and her family when things were first being set up. Maybe also having some seeds for a potential LiK cousin romance.
>Moly
Which one though? Cause profiteer Moly is pretty unscrupulous while tank commander Moly has angst potential considering the war
>>
>>4284650
I think you've got something here. And this'd be the same business Lithium is wanting to expand? I can see some potential clashes on the horizon between Lithium and Nitrogen if that's the case, or in either event really. Lithium wouldn't trust her intentions, or see the positive qualities in her that Potassium might.
>Moly
Maybe a combination of both? She's a veteran of the war who's moved into the business side of things in her civilian life, and probably keeping with the unscrupulous characterization in doing so. You know, the type who'd like to reminisce about the good old days. Once you get her started, she never quits - that kind of type.
>>
>>4284655
It'd be a decent base of operations for Lithium if nothing else. Depending on how you feel on it, the clashes between Nitrogen and Lithium wouldn't really be business related at the heart of it. Lithium ultimately wants assurances that Nitro keeps to being the *silent* partner she set out to be. No need to involve herself in the business and her purchases of fertilizer could be for anything in Lithium's mind. Nitro, meanwhile, wants to keep access that being a silent partner affords her. After all she's got other interests than the middling profits of K's shop. Interests that'll be much more material in the coming months if her friends come through.
>Moly
If she's a somewhat high position in the division, she certainly could make some things disappear that she could sell elsewhere. The fact that she has to leave her wartorn home afterwards to escape something untoward is for the better. The city, and country, are where dreams are made of and she just got through a war fighting for them. It's about time she lives one
>>
>>4284695
That's precisely what I was thinking. Lithium may be looking to expand the family business, but she still has her pride. And from the sound of, her concern might not be entirely misplaced either. Someone has to look out for Potassium's best interests.
>Moly
That could put her into contact with Lead, Uranium, and possibly Polonium depending on how much extra merchandise she's willing to part with. She's a legitimate businesswoman, you see, but if the price is right...maybe a few pieces of inventory mysteriously go missing from time to time.
>>
>>4284696
Nitro does to an extend, though I imagine the stress of the city doubles every fortnight for her. Perhaps she wants to get out ultimately and that means material means and drastic measures for her fugue.
>Moly
Oh she would've sold most of it before came to the city although those certainly would be people keeping an eye out for her. Ura might not have a solid reason to yet, but someone that could supply guns is always appreciated. Lead would likely side-eye her, making sure she's not trying to muscle in on anything while Po might keep a passive eye on her. To see if she's truly as retired as she claims. Cobalt, on the other hand, might be interest in what she's arriving with.
>>
>>4284701
So, she thinks she can make a clean break? She certainly wouldn't be the first to try. The big city has a funny way of derailing those plans.
>Moly
Ah, I figured that she would currently be in the manufacturing business and selling to the gangs on the side for a quick profit. Either way works, and she can still get her hands on those kind of specialty items.
>>
>>4284707
She definitely wants to try. The big city and perhaps some of her friends.
>Moly
I mean it could be both. I was thinking more she's freshly arrived and any of her criminal past is more strictly in the 'old country' and during the war. Doesn't mean she's afraid of a fight, but you know, she's looking to settle. Maybe take in the sight for a couple months. Get a feel for things, and resist the allure of stepping back into a world she went into purely to survive the war.
All of these together: it has made me wonder about Uranium. She kind of a John Dillinger to Po's scarface?
>>
>>4284714
Is that so? Trouble does have a tendency to strike where you'd least expect it. Maybe she could use a little more of Lithium's skepticism.
>Uranium
That's more or less the idea. Her gang would consist of Neptunium, Plutonium, and Thorium. Before this conversation I would have considered Molybdenum for the getaway driver, but things worked out better this way (if anything, I'd make her even more shameless about her desire to profit off of other's conflicts). But back to Uranium: they'd be employing the cutting edge of technology into their heists, as Uranium is still something of a tinkerer.
>>
>>4284715
I see I see. I suppose I should just quite the coy words and say, I was building up to Nitro being part of Ura's crew. The bomb maker for the vaults and other things when it requires they go loud. Unfortunately she's getting on in years, and all the new fangled tech is exhausting her. Perhaps that's better suited for a Bonnie and Clyde type situation.
As for Moly, it sounds like she'll have another set of eyes watching her. A set remarkably close to home, which she'd probably find impressive considering she's living a pretty ritzy apartment in a Steel owned building.
>>
>>4284717
That could work! Or, failing that, her own bespoke situation. There's always Phosphorus and Sulfur, but they tend to work alone. In general there's still a healthy variety of undecided characters to work with. Could be that her job here (or in the past) was merely supplying the raw materials for Uranium to work with. She likes to stay in the background, after all.
>Moly
Heh, maybe she should hire Tungsten to sniff them out.
>>
>>4284718
Definitely a possibility and very true. Nitrogen works best when she's doing busy work. Lithium's gonna put her head in her hands once she learns Nitro's close to the same age as the various aunts that harass her about progress. At least she better knows how to deal with her now.
>Moly
Would be an interesting move, although she can't prove anything beyond besides a sinking feeling when she gets in late. Tungsten is also probably not that happy to see her if Moly visits. In spire of the easy work she gives her.
>>
>>4284723
No wonder Lithium was so wary about her.
>Moly
That's not too surprising, considering their history. They may be old acquaintances, but Tungsten never liked the way Moly carried herself. No, she wouldn't have been too fond of her at all, but work is work. Someone out there seems to have taken an interest in her, however.
>>
Word on the street is that Molybdenum was seen leaving Krypton's last night after a clandestine meeting with none other than Polonium. Officer Lawrencium declines to comment.
>>
>>4287151
That would probably be the simplest solution to the gynoids in that scenario. Just making them people and what not.
>>
>>4287330
A fun idea, not least of all because it gives them some room to stretch their legs conceptually. For example, maybe Americium is busy organizing a labor strike, and Nobelium could be a well-known philanthropist.
>>
Actually, scratch that, Indium would be the breathlessly brisk newscaster everyone tunes their radios to for the latest accounts and Neodymium would be the investigative reporter hitting the streets to find 'em.
>>
>>4297294
Could make Neo a yellow journalist or even a muckraker if it came down to it. Perhaps that's what Prase's nascent business empire is: that newfangled thing called Media. Groundwork done through newspapers and she's trying to branch out into radio but recent newpaper stuff is making it look shaky so she's trying to land a golden goose before things go under.
>>
>>4297333
Hey, she's just going where the leads are! Of course, the juicier the story, the bigger the payout. All of which is to say, this would continue to give Prase the incentive to keep rubbing shoulders with the other big names in the city and foster those connections. For example, Steel might make it worth her while to put out a few headlines in her favor against Americium.
>>
>>4297351
Of course and if she just happens to gain access to the upper echelons it's all the better. To deliver news of course. I suppose that could be another angle to Prase's problems either expansion in new technology or she's trying to push for national recognition since she's dominating the (tri-)state area she lives in.
As for Americium, how genuine you feel regarding the labor union? Cause it could go in the manner of the teamsters, OR, it could still be genuine but more cutthroat since the corporations are willing to mimic war-like states for laborers. Could be an interesting connection to a recently arrived Molybdenum if we wanna look at the "retired" arms trafficker angle again.
>>
>>4297377
That's probably the fine line Americium has to walk. Things haven't gotten that bad - not yet at least, but it's happened before and she'd be wary of that fact. Molybdenum could even be the one reaching out to her initially with the same idea in mind, which only highlights the precarious position she's is in. Certainly, she's willing to fight for what she believes in, but (tentatively) she hopes it won't have to come to that.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.