[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/u/ - Yuri

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

This thread is for:
*Screenshots, pages, and discussion about general series, current or old, not covered by an existing thread, be it yuri, fanservice, subtext or goggles.
*Canon and non-canon both welcome.
*News reports about things relevant to our interest.
*Original content that doesn't fit any specific thread topics.
*Pretty much anything that doesn't have or need its own thread.
*Tickling and jokes

Previous thread: >>4266168
>>
>>
So surely one of these pairs ended up together.
>>
>>
>>4269016
Why do precure and idolmaster hate yuri so much?
>>
>>4269014
I miss the Uma threads.
>>
>>4269152
What is HaruChiha?
>>
>>4269424
There should be one soon now that the game will be in English.
>>
Midway. What did you drop /u/?
>>
>>4269921
Bro I totally forgot the summer season even started I just been reading mango
>>
>>4269921
I don't watch yuri anime anymore. Manga's are generally way more digestible than their anime counterparts.
>>
>>4269921
I dropped your broke ass.
>>
>>4269921
I dropped everything. Deer is unfunny. Cheer is unwatchable. Vtuber is glorified digital brainrot. What else is there other than isekai galore and harem shit?
>>
>>4269921
Bombs on one of them carriers.
>>
File: 1720531337273_.jpg (756 KB, 1920x1080)
756 KB
756 KB JPG
>>4270057
Mayonaka Punch
>>
How are we feeling about the arcane leaks? It kinda ruined caitvi for me.
>>
>>4270057
Dungeon People
>>
>>4269921
Dropped deer friend as im not a big fan of the skit style comedy where the characters dont really develop and are just one-note gags. feels like a 4-koma manga, was surprised when i found out it wasnt
narenare is good, although i didnt like the conclusion of the last episode. felt like they got bored of the premise and rushed it to move on to the next arc
dropped vtuber legend because whenever they cut to the streams, im reminded of why i despise irl vtubers. despite being fictional vtubers, it still has an air of business yuri to it
dungeon people is on hold, im not convinced its even subtext-yuri but i will wait till it ends and decide whether or not to continue it based on peoples opinions
Really like mayonaka. It also has the shitty streamer schtick as vtuber and narenare, but feels more cynical about it. i like the characters, and the Fu episode was the best episode of this anime season (so far). It also feels the closest to going full yuri, with narenare right behind
>>4270165
>western
>LOL
dont care. not watching
>>
>>4270057
I'm liking Narenare and Dungeon People, they give wholesome subtext vibes despite not being super blatant about it, though I was expecting more from the last episode of the former.
I agree that deer and vtuber have grown old quickly though, and Mayonaka just never made me feel anything from the start.
>>
What yuri media cheers you up when you're down? Games, manga, or anything else. I'd like to hear about it
>>
>>4270290
I prefer to meditate when I'm down, but if I had to choose probably Madoka.
>>
vtuber is the only good one, sorry if actual humour filters you.
>>
to be fair, you have to have a very high iq to understand the comedy of deer friend
>>
>>4270329
Plebes don't understand that it's a modern take on Kafka.
>>
>>4270312
To know that fictional lesbians are suffering so much more than you?
>>
>>4270405
Nah. To laugh at the idiots bitching so much about a soul being put in a ring.
>>
>>4270290
I like reading random happy yuri oneshots I haven't seen before over things which I already know. Usually works better to hold my attention since I won't know what to anticipate. Through that process I usually find an author I want to look into and if they have any completed series I'll start that next.
>>
>>4270290
The confession at the end of Fragtime.
>>
>>4270290
I like farm games where I can have a wife and just exist in society with my wife.
>>
I like farm games where the girl you are playing can seduce the wife of other players and cheat on them.
>>
I like farm games where the girl you are playing can burn her farm down and seduce the wife of the insurance investigator.
>>
>>4270466
We really do need a competitive netorare yuri game. Would be kinogoated with the sauce.
>>
>>4270290
Machikado Mazoku is my happy place. Just a glance at a couple panels of Shamiko lusting after Momo's abs and all is right with the world.
>>
Who is the lesbianest lebian of all time?
>>
>>4270486
(You)
>>
File: 211355.jpg (33 KB, 225x350)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>4270486
What a stupid question.
>>
I like city games where a farm girl moves from flyover country to the big city and gets caught up in the inexorable hustle and finds relief and comfort in the arms and tongue of an intense yet aloof city girl.
>>
>>4270290
I just like to look at cute fanart, or read cute fanfics right before going to sleep.
>>
What changed in the yuri community since 10 years ago
>rise of gacha games
>rise of vtubers
>increase in popular yuri ships in non-yuri anime like Sulemio, Farcille, Bokita, Chisataki
>rise of indie western yuri VNs

What didn’t change
>the state of yuri anime is still terrible
>yuri JP VNs haven’t grown
>>
>>4270500
>>increase in popular yuri ships in non-yuri anime like Sulemio, Farcille, Bokita, Chisataki
Becuase this was never the case before?
>>
>>4270500
Okay? Thanks for the analysis?
>>
>>4270500
VNs are a dead market, so there is no reason for yuri to grown there, anything else... it seems we traded off a gigantic LL community for several big ones, though I am sure it's far bigger in numbers nowadays.
>>
>>4270508
sad to see your fav love live artists jump to random chink gacha games I do not care about
>>
>>4270505
Outside of Madoka, I don’t think any yuri ships in anime from the 00s or early 10s had any consistent output in discussion, fanart or fanfics. Nana only started getting yuri art recently.
>>
>>4270512
NanoFate, ShizNat, KonaKaga, and KonoSetsu all beg to differ.
>>
kanazuki no miko, nanoha and mai hime aired in the same year
>>
>>4270513
>KonoSetsu
I still don't know what happened to them in the sequel but I'm also afraid to know because
>male MC has Konoka's surname
>Konoka's grandchildren that look exactly like KonoSetsu call the male MC brother
>new "lesbian" ended up in the male MC's harem
>>
File: 9-o (1).jpg (404 KB, 844x1200)
404 KB
404 KB JPG
>drawn a massage
>make they react like having sex
lol
sauce is Haruka Reset
>>
>>4270520
KonoSetsu ended having a daughter born from their own mixed genes in sequel who has 2 daughters who look exactly like young Konoka and Setsuna but are real sisters, at least they aren't into male MC of the sequel.
>>
>>4270529
It's the first time I've heard about their daughter, I've only ever heard about their grandchildren. But I've never heard anything about their relationship in the sequel and how the grandchildren have born and why the male MC seems to be related to Konoka.
>>
File: 029.jpg (293 KB, 1280x1808)
293 KB
293 KB JPG
>>
>>4270536
Happens to all of us.
>>
>>4270534
KonoSetsu daughter artifically created male MC combining Negi and Asuka genes pool, that's why her daughters treat him like brother.
I don't recall if even grandmas Konoka and Setsuna show in sequel at all.
>>
>>4270549
So you didn't read it either. I find no source at all for this daughter you talk about. KonoSetsu definitely appeared in it because I saw some pages with them together with other old characters from the original series. The most worrying one is the one that looks like Konoka gave birth to the male MC.
>>
>>4270556
>So you didn't read it either
To be fair it's complete dogshit, especially coming after Negima.
>>
>>4270557
I don't disagree with that considering what the subhuman author did to the "lesbian" at the end of it but I still want to know if KonoSetsu were safe from his retardation. It's so weird I can't find any info about them, only people making theories and guessing. It reminds me of the ending of Mikagura gakuen that nobody knows for sure what happened.
>>
>>4270556
Just check Wiki than spouting nonsense.
>>
What are anons' predictions for the upcoming issue of Yuri Hime?

For KyouKano, I think Fuuko will start dating Yuni in secret, while allowing Yuni to keep dating Nanase. Of course, Yuni's relationship will Nanase will continue to fall apart due to incompatability. Plus, I think Nanase's day out with Yuki might've accidentally served as a trigger for Nanase to start to think of Yuki in a romantic light, even though Nanase hasn't acknowledged this yet.

For ZenKowa, I think there could be a small skirmish with Kudou and Kurumi, but then Azuma walks by, sees them and steps in. I think Azuma will break down and confess Isanuma's, Mine's, and the teacher's actions to Kurumi and the others. Then I think the four of them will form a team (since Kurumi being ineffectual by herself was highlighted last chapter by Naoi). Azuma will get details from Isanuma about the date with the teacher. Then the others record it. Then they call the Isanuma and the others to the school to confront them with the evidence, forcing the teacher and Mine to drop their facades and causing Isanuma to breakdown.
>>
>>4270560
Becuase it wasn't stated directly in it.
We know Konoka and Setsuna married same year while bridal carried each other. We know negi didn't marry them. Then we know that grandma Konoka and Setsuna exist in that sequel story as mentioned in name where they show at the end basically young again cause they got some immortality or forever young dose, we also learn earlier that Konoka daughter and her husband created MC from Asuna and Negi genes poll like they tried with 71 clones before and that both were killed off and that they had twin daughters who resemble Konoka and Setsuna too.
Author specially doesn't specify it directly one way or another cause he is a coward.
>>
>>4270562
I checked a lot of different sites including the wiki and none of them answers what I'm interested in. Like I said, I can only find people trying to guess what happened despite the series being already over so I'm starting to think that the author simply didn't explain shit.
>>
File: vomit-chan.jpg (61 KB, 600x600)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>>4270567
>Konoka daughter and her husband created MC from Asuna and Negi genes
>>
>>4270566
I think the engdame for ZenKowa is Kurumi starting some anti-bullying campaign when the second semester starts. She'll become more liked by some students for being more real, but also royally hated by others for ruining their fun and not letting the student council slack off anymore.
>>
>>4270569
The only person who can answer your question is author himself cause no one can have any kind of knowledge about the issue.
You also get epilogue chapter where everyone fro mthe class is young again and lived on some planet and we see all of the cast having kids again, so we don't really know if author decided to make every girl be impregnated by Negi or Fate or knowing how advanced science is there anyone got kid with whoever they wanted there seeing how male MC was created anyway. You don't get any direct answer in the ending in one way or another which is intentional, the only crumb you get from author confirimg KonoSetsu is grandaughters confirming they had 2 grandmas in one page scene than grandpa x grandma scenario.
>>
>>4270566
I doubt KyouKano will go back to the status quo of Yuni cheating on Nanase.
Probably some crazy shit will happen.
>>
>>4270577
I think it's possible it does but it will fall apart in a single chapter because I don't think Fuuko wants to be number 2 again. The question is if Nanase will just realize this isn't working or if she eon't go down without a fight.
>>
>>4270581
Or as a twist Nanase starts cheating on Yuni with Yuki.
>>
>>4270566
Plot twist: Azuma was part of Kurumi's elementary school friend group.
>>
>>4270584
It doesn't matter though.
>>
I'm interested in Kouhei Shibata's one-shot in the next Yuri Hime. Really like their art.
>>
I'm wondering if the UsoNatsu prequel would be worth reading. The visual novel makes it clear the relationship depicted in it is doomed to fail.
>>
I want to get better at writing yuri smut, could someone tell me some examples of it done really well?
>>
Can someone explain the hate Amayo no Tsuki is getting on the raw thread?
I'm genuinely confused, I tried asking there and got no answer.
>>
>>4270612
>Look at the raw thread
>No hate whatsoever
>Just someone saying now the story will take a thousand chapters for Kanon to realize she loves Saki
>Meanwhile the author keeps bringing up Saki older crush and how she is into older girls/women and people are saying she belongs to old women
>>
>>4270612
you must be new. that amayo doomer has been there since forever ago
>>
>>4270620
Saki belongs to Kanon's mom.
>>
>>4270623
Saki belongs to many older women, worse case scenario she always has the haircut doomer.
>>
>>4270612
There's the older women meme cult, and a doomer who hate read doing the least charitable take whenever a new chapter drops. You need to separate the two.
>>
File: brs.jpg (464 KB, 800x896)
464 KB
464 KB JPG
So what's the deal with Black Rock Shooter?
Is the franchise still yuri? Was that last anime shit? I never see anyone on /u/ even acknowledge it except for like one thread.
I recently found out it had some kind of RPG game that was shut down and I only learned of it because Youtube suggested a video of it's OST randomly.
What's going on??
Is it even worth caring?
>>
>>4270637
There was explicit yuri in the last version of it.
>>
File: watamari2.jpg (493 KB, 2084x1301)
493 KB
493 KB JPG
did they just call all non-romance yuri fake yuri in the watamari2 promo art
>>
>>4270637
Monica belonged in a better show.
>>
>>4270638
>>4270640
Is it worth watching? Like I said, I never see anyone mention it so is it just shit even if it does have yuri or something?
>>
>>4270642
Monica has a girlfriend in the show during a flashback that lasts like five seconds. It's total shit with a nonsensical plot and terrible action. Dead Master was cool though.
>>
>>4270643
Dang, that's a shame.
Though thinking about it, BRS is kinda shit in general. The OVA is cool but doesn't explain anything, the original anime is cool but also doesn't make much sense when you stop to analyze things and the PSP game is shit and the only thing I liked about it was the part where the guy got fucking vaporized after talking about how he felt invincible, I laughed super hard when that happened. Didn't even finish the game though, it was too boring.
>>
File: ZenKowaKurumiNunNaoiDemon.jpg (259 KB, 1358x1920)
259 KB
259 KB JPG
We need more art of Kurumi dressed as a nun slowly falling into temptation.
>>
I'm interested in the green lesbians I keep getting them shilled to me
>>
>>4270648
Well hop to it. It's just like 50 chapters.
>>
>>4270648
>green lesbians
Not enough alien yuri.
>>
>>4270644
>The OVA is cool but doesn't explain anything
And it was all the better for that.
>>
i keep finding out yuri manga i enjoy are written by mangaka in het relationships that now only make het manga.
>>
>>4270639
Based
>>
File: 1712035628611197.png (1.35 MB, 1700x1350)
1.35 MB
1.35 MB PNG
>lesbian tells her crush that the girl she likes is straight so that she loses interest
What would you call this technique?
>>
>>4270747
Galaxy brain
>>
>>4270747
Did she know for sure that the crush is straight
>>
File: 1711580086328303.png (59 KB, 342x489)
59 KB
59 KB PNG
>>4270749
No, she thought that her crush would date her if she worked up to courage to ask.
>>
>>4270639
nice wordplay
non-romance=tragedy=fake
>>
>>4270747
Lying.
>>
>>4270508
>>4270510
I'm grateful that at least some LL artists went the pro mangaka route instead of pivoting to chink gacha games
>>
>>4270642
MC is too autistic to have any reception to the girls liking her, so nothing really happens on that front. The small snippet of yuri with the side character mentioned by others had one good kiss scene but that's about it.
>>
I heard Konohana Kitan got gay again. I really wish someone could upload the licensed volumes...
>>
>>4270768
Is the anime worth watching? I don't know anything about the series
>>
How do you feel about anime adaptations making changes to a manga/LN?
Such as Adachi being the one to find shimamura in the gym instead of the other way around, Tilty comforting Anishphia instead of a civilian, or Akebi-chans adaptation rearranging scenes around so as to not have a better ending point
>>
>>4270768
>manga gets licensed
>company either releases them slow as hell or just sits on the license
hate this. pandora in the crimson shell is releasing at a snails pace, and series like uzamaid had one volume then they just sat on it for years. thankfully someone starting picking it back up for scans recently
>>
GBC VAs interview aren't half as interesting as the writer's interview, the usual questions and usual answers that every VA is told to give in every interview. Now we know that not only are anime characters like family according to the writer, but all the members of the actual band are also like family according to themselves. Nina's VA, probably from nervousness, got confused with the instructions given to her and blurted out something like "more than family, more than friends". That's kawaii. Probably.
>>
>>4270786
>more than family, more than friends
im taking this at face value until proven otherwise as admission of love
>>
>>4270768
When was it ever not gay? Two of the six main characters are dating from the start, two others are in love with each other and the last two are obviously going that direction soon after they first meet.
>>
>>4270747
The Yaya uprising has begun.
>>
>>4270747
machiavellian yaya...
>>
>incel protag
>but it's a girl!!!!
Why the fuck does this keep happening. Deranged male fetishes should not be forced into yuri.
>>
>>4270828
Why not?
>>
>>4270828
Female idol worshiping mindset is not even that unknown, you always have girls showing up in seyuushit and idolshit events.
>>
>>4270828
I'd say she's an incel as a byproduct of being completely insane, not because she's just a loser.
>>
>>4270772
Go watch it right now.
>>
File: 1723387169680.png (317 KB, 621x920)
317 KB
317 KB PNG
>>4270786
Rina's still a kid, she's just pining in the big city away from her mommy.
>>
>>4270880
Are Subaru and Tomo still dying?
>>
>>4270828
>female incels don't exist
>>
>>4270786
I'd take the VAs interviews about themselves as separate from the anime characters. If the anime needs to be tied to the real people, then it will never be yuri
>>
>>4270165
Let me guess. One of them sleeps with a guy?
>>
>>4270926
No. Drama, angst and cheating.[\spoiler]
>>
>>4270915
>If the anime needs to be tied to the real people
It's not.
>>
>>4270936
meds
>>
>>4270794
If there's not sex every chapter then it's not yuri
>>
>>4270929
But the sleeping is still there. Meh.
>>
>>4270828
I really tried to read this but it was really too much, everyone just happen to know the other girl is not the real girl in seconds, those girls could find Light as Kira faster than L.
>>
>>4270965
It's not a serious manga, everyone is unhinged.
>>
https://x.com/sakuragi_ren/status/1822611575196578086
I choose to believe Sakuragi Ren is hinting at an Anemone anime and refuse to believe otherwise.
>>
>>4270969
Kirara's editorial department gave the okay for a forty-page sex chapter.
>>
>>4270930
Then any comments the seiyuus do about their real band are irrelevant to the anime
>>
>>4270871
I saw the het tag on anilist, so I've been hesitant to start it.
>>
>>4270969
Aaaaaah the anemone pachinko we all have been wishing for
>>
What did Yuniko Ayana and P.A. Works mean by this?
>>
This month's Yuri Hime cover and contents list are out.

Cover Illustration: Fukahire
Lead Color Comic: Manga by Somechime, Original Work by Suo [The Cliffside Lady Wants to Make the Black Knight Fall in Love!]
Center Color Comic: Manga by Rokoko, Original Work & Character Design by LYCORIS [UsoNatsu ~The Summer Romance Bloomed From A Lie~ -squall-] (prequel to a visual novel on Steam)
Serialized Works:
Kashikaze: [A Song for You to Roar]
Namori: [Ōmuro-ke]
Namori: [YuruYuri]
Amamizu Shio: [Our Love is Disgusting]
Takeshima Eku: [Whispering You a Love Song]
Tamazaki Tama: [The Powerless Saint and the Incompetent Princess - A Holy Woman’s Quest to Save the World with Zero Magic]
Iwami Kiyoko: [My Girlfriend's Not Here Today]
Shiborikasuko: [Make Me Happy Even in the Real World, Okay?]
Manga by Koga Yuhito, Original Work by 4ka Pencil: [Salvia’s Bouquet]
Mukunoki Nanatsu: [Watashi ni Tenshi ga Maiorita!]
Manga by Aonoshita, Original Work by Inori, Character Design by Hanakeda: [My Favorite is the Villainess]
Utataneyu: [The Skirt Sings in the Dance Hall]
sheepD: [The Canary Dreams of Glittering Stars]
Hazuki: [Shall We Enjoy an Outdoor Meal Together?]
Kodama Naoko: [A Lying Bride's Case for Same-Sex Marriage]
Koruse: [The Princess of the Empty Hall]
Sanba Chinmi: [The Hated Witch Lady and the Cross-Dressing Prince’s Engagement]
Kuwabara Tamotsu: [Destroy It All and Love Me in Hell]
One-shot: Kohei Shibata [The Reason I’ll Save the World]
Special Features:
Theater Anime: [Ōmuro-ke dear friends]
31st Yurihime Comic Award Results Announcement
Back Column:
Kobara Yūko: [I Want to Gather the Yuri Blossoms in Film and Send Them to You]
Muro Maki: [How a German BL Fan Became a Yuri Queen]
Matsunaga Akane: [Off the Record × Girls' Talk]
Hoshii Nanao: [Let Your Yuri Fantasies Run Wild!]
>>
>>4270828
>male fetishes
You do realize women are losers too, right
>>
>>4270981
We might never know.
>>
File: 1716111193406669.jpg (321 KB, 1920x1080)
321 KB
321 KB JPG
>>4270982
>no Watayuri
>>
>>4270981
Hot springs sexooooooooooo!!
>>
>>4270929
>cheating
gross. with who
>>
>>4270981
I just can't care about this type of shit anymore to the point I would rather they just didn't do shit like this if nothing will come out of it
>>
>>4270981
>cut away before literally anything
lame as hell. why even bother at that point
>>
File: vtuber legends 8.webm (302 KB, 1920x1080)
302 KB
302 KB WEBM
WTFOX?
>>
>>4270981
I'm glad they've become better friends.
>>
>>4270992
With another woman
not cheating because she was officially single
>>
>>4270978
The fucking what now? That's why you don't trust online tags.
>>
File: vtuber legends 08.webm (1.54 MB, 1920x1080)
1.54 MB
1.54 MB WEBM
Why?
>>
>>4270992
>gross
*hot
FTFY
>>
File: file.webm (2.62 MB, 1920x1080)
2.62 MB
2.62 MB WEBM
>>4271006
Why not?
>>
>>4271006
Doesn't Shuwa-chan like the JK the most?
>>
>>4271006
>>4271014
Wait a second, I thought this was just a goofy vtuber show. Why's it getting into weirdo fetishes?
>>
>>4271019
>show for otaku gets into weirdo fetishes
nothing unusual
>>
>>4271019
So it's exactly like every vtuber you are saying
>>
File: 1723404455076.png (141 KB, 1080x648)
141 KB
141 KB PNG
>>4270981
Something about the humidity, probably they were talking about the weather. Nothing brings people close to each other like talking about the weather.
>>
>>4271054
What's the correct translation for this?
>>
I actually wish we could gaslight some subtext authors no one understands what they are trying to say and then they are forced to make it more gayer and gayer.
>>
File: 1420377093712.gif (2.2 MB, 498x312)
2.2 MB
2.2 MB GIF
>>4271077
Boring let's find out where manga editors live, break into their cars and shit in their air filter until they promise to make more yuri manga, and existing manga more yuri
>>
File: konohanatags.png (29 KB, 233x789)
29 KB
29 KB PNG
>>4271004
>>
>>4270993
>>4270998
>>4271001
>hetshitters in denial
Then, you will post unironically about how a gilr talking to any man is proof she wants his babies. Stop hating yuri if you want to belong here
>>
>>4271087
Might be for some episodic shit I don't remember. But the main cast are all gay. Isn't this the author that had to seek another magazine or something because editors didn't let her go as gay as she wanted?
>>
>>4271088
in case you were not aware
you are severly autistic
>>
>>4271087
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciL7OKWSu10
>>
>>4271087
Somebody probably thought the reverse trap was a guy.
>>
>>4271092
At least I don't hate and deny yuri in a yuri board
At least I don't come to a yuri board to push my delusional het crackships as canon
>>
>>4271077
Twist: subtext authors aren't trying to say anything, they just like it when cute girls are cute together and they have no fucking idea that a dozen anons with high standards are experiencing immeasurably huge disappointment because something wasn't ''delivered'' to them.
>>
>>4271095
Wasn't the reverse trap from Urara?
>>
>>4271077
That's how you get kiss in Jelly and confession in GBC and people bitching about regression/backpedalling when subtext gets gayer but still stays subtext
And then people argue, that they don't hate subtext but it should stay in it's lane and not be "so gay". They argue there's a limit to how gay subtext can be. We get something that stays in said lane and people still bitch
It's then clear this is all subtext haters being dishonest, and that no one hating on Jelly or GBC because "not yuri enough" or "backpedaling" never had any point
>>
>>4271103
But I'm liking the subtext in Narenare and Dungeon People, while I hated the backpedaling in Jelly and GBC.
>>
>>4271115
Yet >>4270993
>>4270998
>>4271001
This is what happens when subtext "stays in it's lane". Retards will bitch anyways.
And if >>4271077 got their wish, you'd just see more "backpedalling", because apparently when subtext is too gay but still subtext, it's "backpedalling" and bad,. So subtext can't be too gay, actually. Asking for gayer subtext (which will still be subtext) is asking for "backpedalling"
>>
>>4271119
Guess those anons simply don't like subtext?
I can understand them being disappointed if they get baited by some maintext scene but then there's no maintext resolution, but I don't think the Narenare scene can be reasonably compared to Jelly and GBC, there's nothing undeniably romantic about it, just typical undertones.
>>
>>4271087
>het
Sometimes there are straight couples or characters who used to be in a straight relationship as guests at the inn the cast where the cast works. None of the regular cast is ever involved in it.
>crossdressing
One of the main girls is a tomboy who dresses like a guy, she's in the typical Haruka/Michiru relationship with another main girl.

>>4271091
The manga started on Yuri Hime S, the magazine closed and the series had to switch publishers. The new publisher initially asked the author to add a male protagonist but she refused and they relented.
>>
>>4271081
Unfortunately only chinks do this and it works
>>
>>4271088
Oh you poor anon, it's obvious it's yuri, but it's so shitty no ones gives a shit anymore, when it's all stick and no carrot guess what people get tired of it, they stop chasing the carrot.
>>
>>4271122
>>4271119
Theres subtext in good faith and subtext in bad faith.
Learn the difference.
>>
>>4271097
I'm sure there are cases where they don't, the same way I also sure there were cases where they were trying to imply something and no one got it, because this is how language works at it's core.
>>
>>4271124
>and they relented
No, she told them to go fuck themselves and then found another less obnoxious avenue for the continuation.
However, as based as that was, she has yet to confirm any couple after 15+ volumes; the original Konohanatei Kitan actually had more explicit yuri during its short run, so I suspect she is still being somewhat restrained due to not publishing on a yuri magazine anymore.
>>
>>4271097
>>4271134
Sometimes that's obviously the case, like the unintended yuri vibes in the first Nanoha season, but especially with modern blatant cases I'm pretty sure they know exactly what they're doing, strong homoerotic vibes hardly happen by accident.
>>
>>4271137
>unintended
>>
>>4271129
>huuuuur shit
>huuur carrot nonsense
Stopthe excuses, yuri hater
>>
>>4271131
The only difference is wether you like it
GBC, Jelly, NareNare? All good subtext. All good faith. Backpedaling “mug maintext scene not deliver”? All excuses by yuri hatwra so they can demy yuri
>>
>>4271137
I think they understand what they are doing but understimate how the audience nowadays is going to react to how it plays out.
>>
>>4271144
>>4271147
I think you are having a stroke anon.
>>
>>4271138
Nanoha was obviously meant to be het in the beginning, yuri subtext anime was hardly a thing at the time.
The series spinned off from a het VN and those sukebe scenes with the ferret were a dead giveaway, and even the other boy was teased to be into Nanoha more than once.
However NanoFate took off and the staff rode the wave, which is why the boys progressively faded into irrelevance with subsequent seasons.
>>
>>4271137
so explain what was going on through eupho's author mind
>>
Anything gayer than Nare Nare gets labeled backpedaling bait
And anything on the level of NareNarw gets labeled shit and not enough
Just admit you hate subtext instead of using bullshit excuses and pretending it’s not subtext hate
>>
>>4271150
Because I’m exposing how nonsense these excuses are?
>>
>>4271153
Just read anything she ever said, she is just writtig romantized friendship because it's more interesting, but she draws the line with actual romance, the issue is that the anime removed most scenes with generic male love interest.
>>
>>4271156
So you did have a stroke.
>>
>>4271153
What's there to explain? It was either intentional yuri bait that worked perfectly, or just the author being one of those nips who still believe in Class S, girls experimenting romance with each other that doesn't really count in preparation for when they find their true love: a man.
>>
You're just getting baited, these original anime dont want to be subtext, they are forced to be.
>>
I wonder what would have been the shitstorm if kira kira study got an anime and the mockery it would have become because of the ending
>>
>>4271162
You are sounding like a certain anon who said vampeerz author was forced to add yuri.
>>
>>4271163
I liked the ending though, I'm always surprised when that gets brought up as a negative example.
>>
>>4271137
Of course they know exactly what they're doing. They make cute girls who are cute together even more cute together, and "homoerotic vibes" are quite helpful in this endeavor. Formalization of the status of relationships in this endeavor is not helpful at all, it only helps the bearers of high standards to erase the check mark in the "subtext" box and happily put it in the "maintext" box.
>>
>>4271162
The Narenare writer is a known yurifag, and literally said she was going to do her utmost to bring the yuri.
>>
>>4271147
NTA but GBC was a little miracle, not only the yuri but the quality of the anime in general, that worked because someone fixed Hanada's shit: Jelly was cryptoidolshit so a finale like that was expected and now Narenare has some bad things like episode 5 with its deus ex machina resolution, making the entire Anna/Nodoka arc a excuse to promote their latin/Jpop fusion song, so it's not surprising that Yuniko isn't promoting another MV collection just after the Sasakoi fiasco, even then I have faith in Narenare btw.
>>
Nanare is just the new Gundam. People will swear it isn't yuri until the end confirms it.
>>
>>4271167
You like the ending of the series that starts with MC saying she wants to be always together with her "girlfriend" who she even calls her wife and her dream is to go to the same university as her and so they promise to study to go to the same university which in the meantime they almost kiss several times, just so MC randomly decided in the last chapters she actually wants to be an astronaut (one of the hardest things ever which most people can't even do because of simple physical limitations), break her promise and instead of being together with her leaving to stay 1 year outside of the planet?
>>
>>4271169
>is not helpful at all
It definitely isn't in terms of sales projections, since it would likely lose them a sizeable part of the audience.
However, it would definitely be helpful in avoiding shit writing, like having a climactic love confession that is then never addressed for 5 episodes in a row.
>>
>>4271163
Just our equivalent of the current Boku no Hero Academia shitstorm but with less NTR jokes.
>>
>>4271177
I swear to you MC is coming back from space and the first thing she is going to hear is
>We need to talk
>>
>>4271159
Thaks for admitting you people just hate all subtext
>>
>>4271153
She unconsciously self-inserted into Kumiko because she still desired the pussy of her own Reina.
>>
>>4271175
>her leaving to stay 1 year outside of the planet
And then romantically promised to stay together forever immediately after said year?
I don't see the problem, she fulfills her dream and then goes back to her promised girlfriend, definitely better than, say, the Revue Starlight movie ending with each girl leaving indefinitely to pursue their ambitions.
Maybe I would've been dejected if it was a yuri hime manga since I would've expected to actually see the romantic resolution on screen, but with it being just a CGDCT comedy, I actually got more than I'd have wagered.
>>
>>4271176
Another anti-yuri excuse: "shit writing"
Hilarious you use as example the show other "objective wrting" retards swore had "objective great writing" as evidence is "objectively stands above jelly"
>>
>>4271179
I like plenty of subtext works, you won't see me complaining about Gochiusa, but Gochiusa is not cutting to Chino is going to say something important to Cocoa and not showing it.
>>
>>4271183
>stands above jelly
I'm not those anons, but to be fair, that's a pretty low bar to clear.
>>
>>4271181
Which was never show to us... the premise of the series was to show them together, not to show them making another promise and separating. Most CGDCT comedies don't have the MCs almost kissing in wedding dresses.
>>
>>4270929
Might as well share the whole gossip. Who cheats on who and with who? Is it Caitlyn and that woman she met at the brothel?
>>
glad we're getting all the shitposting out of the way tonight so we'll have a clean slate to discuss mayonaka punch's new episode tomorrow
>>
>>4271124
Good to know, thanks. Reckon I'll check out the anime then
>>
>>4271189
>Which was never show to us
I already addressed that.
>Most CGDCT comedies don't have the MCs almost kissing in wedding dresses.
So, isn't it a good thing that this one did? It made the ending feel more definitively romantic.
I think you got a bit overhyped and expected it to have the conclusion of a yuri romance manga.
>>
>>4271189
>>4271196
but cute girls comedies have sex friends now?
>>
>>4271193
but no one cares about that
>>
>>4271199
When I say CGDCT, I think of stuff like Kiniro Mosaic or Gochiusa.
>>
>>4271191
In short, Cait and Vi finally kiss then Cait tries to kill Jinx, Vi stops her, Cait dumps Vi hard, fast forward Cait is now fucking some rookie from her force while Vi became emo. End of the leaks. Supposedly we're having a sex scene between Cait and Vi in ep 8. Or maybe not.
>>
>>4271203
whats the difference, same magazine, so same target audience
>>
>>4271185
Just admit you hate all subtext instead of going to every new subtext anime pointing at some rando scene and going "this is the problem"
Dishonest retard
The kiss, confession, now even showing nothing so there's no problem with "backpedaling" is a problem. Kill yourself. If they showed, you'd still claim it's "not enough" or "backpedaling"
>>
>>4271205
Of course, and Yuru Yuri should have as many sex scenes as Asumi-chan since they're in the same magazine.
>>
>>4271205
If that's your standard, then you should chastise 99% of CGDCT, there's hardly a reason to single out this one, which actually did better than most yuri wise.
>>
>>4271208
yuri himes target audience is "yuri fans" it's always been wide
>>
>>4271186
Bold statement. In Yoroukura, three-fifths of the supposedly main characters don't seem to be like walking talking props. That's already a big advantage.
>>
>before
subtext should be gayer
>now
Shit writing! boring! somesomething carrots! bait! backpeadlling! subtext should be less gay.
You people are insane
>>
>>4271214
People just don't like to get baited, anon.
>>
>>4271214
>before
yuribait is bad
>now
yuribait is good actually, i love sucking corpo cocks
>>
>>4271196
Well yes anon, when you tease girls kissing, you expect to see girls kissing.
>>
>>4271220
>you expect to see girls kissing
I definitely don't expect that in CGDCT, no matter the amount of teasing, just what do you think is the ratio of the ones with kisses vs. the ones without?
>>
>>4271204
Thanks, nee-sama. I'll prepare the popcorn for when Arcane airs. The double drama in the actual series + fandom will be interesting
>>
>>4271215
>>4271216
The problem is people go "I don't hate subtext ackshually" like >>4271185. If they were like you and at least admitted they hate subtext and see it as bait, it'd be better than this dishonesty where people go "I don't hate subtext, but I'm gonna contrive a reason to hate this new subtext show (writing, backpedaling, boring, whatever) and act like it's somehow super different and worse than previous subtexts". I'd like some honesty.
>>
>>4271227
subtext and bait are not the same
>>
>>4271227
>like you and at least admitted they hate subtext and see it as bait
You misunderstand, I do like subtext and don't consider it bait; it's when they have maintext scenes but then don't commit to it that it's bait.
However, I don't think Narenare is baiting as of now, as I've said before.
>>
>>4271229
Of course. One of these at least actually exist.
>>
>>4271230
See? You're in the camp "subtext should be less gay" after people even now demand gayer subtext. It's insane. Because subtext can't get any gayer without turning into "maintext they don't commit to", so now people hate modern subtext because too gay. But also NareNare not showing anything and staying in it's lane like the "bakcpedalling" faction wanted is "boring" "should show more". It's nonsensical, because doing more runs into the risk of
"this is maintext they're not committing to". By not showing they ensure they don't run into that and stay in subtext lane
>>
>>4271229
Explain the difference. Do you think old subtext was fine or that it should be gayer? Do you think modern subtext with kisses and confession is good or that it's bait and should be less gay (that way it's not bait)? What do you think of NareNare? Does it somehow bait? Or does it wisely stay in it's subtext lane avoiding anything that can be interpreted as "maintext" so they don't run into the "doesn't commit" "backpedal" complaints?
>>
>>4271232
>subtext should be less gay
You're getting mixed up.
By the time a maintext scene airs, it's not subtext anymore, it's maintext, so it's expected to stay as such; if it ends like a subtext anime, it means you were baited into thinking it would deliver more.
I'm liking Narenare by the way, and it's still obviously subtext, so even in the likely scenario that it ends in subtext, I won't have anything to complain about.
>>
Maybe stop replying to the retard that calls "yuri hater" people who want to see girls together?
>>
>>4271222
I think there is teasing the girls may like each other romantically as usual and then you have pic related.
>>
>>4271236
Subtext is still girls together.. And my problem is dishonesty. If you want maintext and hate subtext say so, instead of "achskually like subtext"
>>4271235
But that's the problem >>4271077 demands gayer subtext, which is impossible as it runs into "maintext scenes". Modern subtext is already as gay as can be, the only way to be gayer is what you call "maintext" scenes and thus the subtext ending becomes "bait"
>>
>>4271233
if they kiss its not subtext
Be serious
>>
>>4271237
And I'm supposed to be unhappy about that?
Yuri teasing is the only reason I go through CGDCT in the first place, the more the merrier.
But I'm not going to forget what I'm reading and let my expectations run wild, at the end of the day it's still a silly comedy about studying or something, and it ended with the MC getting a job that required a lot of studying, that's fair.
I'm just glad it also got such romantic vibes on top of it.
>>
>>4271241
If the kiss was enough, wer wouldn't have complaints of backpedal and bait. Clearly there's more to maintext than kiss
>>
Yuri bait
>>
>>4271239
Don't you think that >>4271077 doesn't just want maintext scenes, but also a maintext conclusion?
There's no issue with being "too gay", there's only with being very gay in the middle and then less gay in the end, which is definitely not what he is asking.
>>
>>4271244
Enough of what
You can have girls kissing and its sill bait, in the end
>>
>>4271253
It's bait because it's not maintext and it's still subtext
Thus, subtext can still have kisses. Thus, you're arguing that's bad and bait and subtext should be less gayer, as these modern attempts at gayer subtext just end up baiting maintext and "backpedaling"
>>
>>4271243
It's about setting the reader's expectations, even a comedic CGDCT can't ignore when certain lines are crossed, it's one of the reasons why so many people ended disliking Riko to Haru in the end, the series went in a very explicit yuri direction which wasn't even subtext anymore and then just acted like it never happened.
>>
>>4271249
But "subtext authors" won't give him that
Subtext authors will still deliver subtext. They'd be maintext authors otherwise. And subtext that tries to be any gayer ends up being GBC and Jelly which is called "bait" "backpedaling", so asking subtext to get gayer is not the answer because subtext will remain subtext
Just be honest and say you want full maintext, but subtext authors and producers won't give you that. At best it's "maintext bait and backpedal" like Jelly and GBC.
>>
>>4271254
How is girls kissing subtext???
>>
>>4271256
I don't know Riko to Haru, but as I said I wasn't surprised in the slightest that there was no actual kiss in Kirakira, in fact I would've been surprised if there was, because it would've made it a very, very rare exception in its genre.
But we're just going in circles now.
>>
>>4271257
you can compare random anime original to authors who have a yuri career
>>
>>4271260
cannot
>>
I was going to draw a picture of a female mime kissing a female nuclear bomb for you guys because I know you would get a kick out of it but I'm too tired, so please imagine what it would look like in your head instead.
Pretty good, right?
>>
>>4271257
They are just authors, not subtext or maintext authors, it's just ludicrous to assume there is anything inherently wrong in communicating to authors we are not satisfied with
>They will get it wink wink
>>
>>4271262
There is no such thing as a female mime.
>>
like many authors jump to explicit yuri when they have the chance
see hijiki or yodokawa
>>
>>4271265
Can you provide proof of this claim, Anonymous?
>>
>>4271257
Anon, some people like even weak subtext, some like it only very strong, and some like only maintext, but what they all have in common is that the stronger, the better.
But what you are arguing now is that when people ask for the yuri to be consistent, they're somehow asking to reduce its intensity, which is silly.
If you want to restrict the discussion to these "subtext authors" that absolutely won't do maintext, then people who only like maintext will snob them anyway, and people who like subtext will want it as strong as possible, but still consistent.
>>
>>4271263
The problem is anime has more people involved than just the "authors". that influence the final product
If the bosses/comittee say "subtext only", then should they stay in their lane (NareNare) or go for mroe even if it's bait/backpedal/whatever (GBC, Jelly)
>>4271268
Then the problem is that past a certain level of intesintiy it becomes "inconsistent" and it needs to be less intense than GBC and Jelly to be consistent. We have already achieved the most intense forms of subtext and anything more is just inconsitencies if they aren't allowed to go maintext
>>
>>4271269
>past a certain level of intesintiy it becomes "inconsistent" and it needs to be less intense
Again, that's not what consistency means.
If it goes "past a certain level of intensity" halfway through, then people will reasonably expect that level of intensity to be kept or increased, not decreased, which would be anticlimactic and betray the expectations that were created, or in other words, it would be bad writing.
>>
>>4271271
But it can't remain "constent", it can only be decreeased as the bosses ban maintext
So, to avoid people screeching about backpedal/bait/bad writing/betray expectaions/whatever, you indeed demand less intensity. Subtext should be less gay so it can keep being subtext while avoiding your complaints.
>they could just make maintext
That's the problem. Higher ups won't let them, so it needs to be subtext in the end.
>>
I can't believe they just had yuri sex in Narenare.
>>
I like the shows airing this season better than the shows that aired last season.
>>
>>4271276
A mistrake. Bait. Bad writing. Inconsistency. Anticlimatic. Expetations betrayed. Won't go beyond subtext in the end because not allowed. Should stay in it's lane
>>
>>4271274
Anon, if two girls in episode 2 marry each other, then from episode 3 until the end with no explanation they refer to each other as friend and date guys, do you expect people to still be grateful about the maintext yuri in episode 2?
Of course they won't, they will call it what it is: bait.
>>
>>4271279
>date guys
When did this happen in GBC or Yorukura?
>>
>>4271277
GBC alone is still better than anything this season. NareNare is the best this season has and the Anna episodes retarded "save the shop" plot where the girls ended up being useless when the solution was "have Anna's ultra celeb friends help" hurts it. Also the terrible engrish (PA Works getting a good english speaker for Mayonaka Punch just makes it hurt more)
If there's a show saving this season, it's Vtuber Legend
>>
>>4271280
I made an extreme example of inconsistency since anon wasn't understanding the concept.
>>
>>4271279
But if the bosses don't allow them to stay married, then clearly the solution is to lower the intesity of the show and never marry them
You miss the point that the consitency you demand is literally not allowed.
>date dudes
This never happens in the shows discussed, Pointless to talk about
>>
>>4271282
I understand. You don't understand that past certain intensity, consistency is not allowed. Shows MUST still be subtesxt. So what do?
Lower intensity of shows to avoid inconsitency
That, or accept inconsistency so we can have higher intesity scenes. But you peope don't like inconsistency, so to keep it consistent and remain subtext (as maintext is not allowed in originals yet) we must lower intensity. Higher intesity scenes like confession and kiss should go or be made less intense
>>
>>4271283
>never marry them
Obviously that wedding was entirely pointless since the subsequent episodes completely ignored it, so removing it would remove the inconsistency and improve the writing, but of course it's not a yuri solution.
The yuri solution would be for the wedding to be acknowledged as such for the entire run, but since you are excluding this possibility, then there is no way to redeem an anime with such an ending.
>This never happens in the shows discussed
They also didn't get married, it's called making an example, a technique often use in conversation.
>>
>>4271285
"Majimatard" doesn't provide evidence. Just pushes het crackships
>>
>>4271287
So you hate all subtext and see it as beyond redemption. Stop the "ackshually I like subtext" shit
>>
>>4271282
I don't want to know about your made-up scenarios.
>>
>>4271290
But I like subtext, and I'm liking Narenare, as I've said multiple times.
There is no inconsistency in its yuri so far.
>>
>>4271285
People call you a Majimaschizo because you keep trying to push your narrative about Chisato being in love with Majima, retard. And you can't defend your point because it never happened, not because of any /u/ rules.
>>
>>4271284
>Higher intesity scenes like confession and kiss should go or be made less intense
The kiss and confession in those shows are like the wedding in my example, they are rendered pointless by the lack of an outcome after they took place, so you wouldn't be making them less intense, the following episodes already did so.
>>
>>4271292
Then you chose a bad example to represent subttext with a flawed conclusion
You lijke it precisely because it has lower intensity compared to GBC and Jelly. It didn't include a single high intesity scene. It stays in it's lane, so indeed the solution is to lower intensity and not chase higher intesities (since the shows must still remain subtext, and any consitent higher intensity, would be maintext, which is still not allowed in originals)
>>
>>
>>4271279
>what if I make up this scenario that favors the point I'm trying to make

Just stop it with these insane comparisons. It actually says a lot that you can't cite an actual work.
>>
>>4271294
You fail to understand. To be "consistent" those scenes should either not be there, or be less intense. You demand a lower intensity for those moments in the name of consistency. Since the shows can't be maintext (forbidden by bosses), the only way to fix them to create and ideal consistent version is to make the cultprit scenes (kiss and confession) non-existent or less intense
>>
>>4271297
>You lijke it precisely because it has lower intensity compared to GBC and Jelly
If Narenare had a GBC style on-screen confession this episode, I would be liking it more right now, not less.
However, if your expectations about its ending turned out to be correct and it did end in friendship, then of course I would be disappointed, which would make me like it less than I do now.
What you are misunderstanding is the "intensity" part, an event is only as intense as its consequences on the story and characters, so a confession without consequences isn't intense at all, and complaining about it wouldn't be complaining about yuri being too intense, it would be the opposite.
>>
>>4271267
It's like asking me to prove aliens don't exist.
>>
>>4271269
>The problem is anime has more people involved than just the "authors". that influence the final product
>If the bosses/comittee say "subtext only", then should they stay in their lane (NareNare) or go for mroe even if it's bait/backpedal/whatever (GBC, Jelly)
It doesn't really matter though, we should just voice discontent, whether something will be done about it or not is beyond us.
>>
GBC and Yorukura both ended in yuri.
>>
>>4271299
>It actually says a lot that you can't cite an actual work.
While of course not as extreme as my example was intended to be, I'd say Hibike isn't too far removed from it.
>>
how is magi revo?
>>
>>4271305
Sure, but not in a satisfactory way.
>>
>>4271302
But if the event is not intense, then there's no contradiction, no inconsistency, no backpedalling
The inconsitency happens when the even is intese but the rest isn't
And the solution is to midofiy the inconsistent event, removing it, or making it less intense so there's no inconsitentcy
>If Narenare had a GBC style on-screen confession this episode, I would be liking it more right now, not less.
Still a subtext show. It would be another GBC where the confession can't have the "cosistency" you demand. So indeed you like subtext when it's less intense. More intense subtext with a love confession, you call "inconsistent" and bad (GBC),. To mkae it consaistent with the confession, it needs to be maintext (but that's forbidden in originals)
>>
File: 1679510728321591.webm (3.53 MB, 1280x720)
3.53 MB
3.53 MB WEBM
>>4271307
It's kinda gay not going to lie to you
>>
>>4271308
I was satisfied by both (less so Jelly, but still)
>>4271306
And we were talking subtext like GBC and Jelly. Not bait like Hibike. Not the same. If your example has Hibike in mind, you've lost the point
>>
>>4271281
>Engrish
>Expecting a brazilian teenager to not butcher the english languague.
>>
>>4271309
>But if the event is not intense, then there's no contradiction, no inconsistency, no backpedalling
A confession such as the one in GBC is obviously expected to deeply impact the story and characters, and when it doesn't, those expectations are betrayed because the story backpedaled from it, making it inconsistent.
>So indeed you like subtext when it's less intense.
Go read >>4271302 again, I'm getting tired of repeating myself.
>>
>>4271312
Lol, sorry if your shitty language has more exceptions than rules.
>>
>>4271311
Huh, so first you reject an example and ask me to cite an actual work instead, so I do that, but now you reject the actual work because it's not the one you want.
I've already been talking about GBC and Jelly in other posts.
>>
>>4271306
Uh isn't Hibike an inverse example, since it's ostensibly a hetero love story but the guy gets so little screentime compared to the girls it comes across as extremely yuri friendly?
>>
Hibike is the only work the anti-yuri schizos can cite whenever they want to prove their point. That's right, one series is the undeniable proof that everything will happen exactly like it. No other series exist in this world except Hibike.
>>
>>4271306
>Hibike
You mean that Hibike that was never a yuri series to begin with?
>>
>>4271316
It's actually pretty pertinent for that reason, because just like GBC and Jelly it has a very yuri middle part but a much less yuri ending (extremely less in this case since it's het).
>>
>>4271320
I don't get it, both their endings were still yuri though. A lot of shows peak somewhere in the middle of the season, it's not a huge deal.
>>
>>4271317
is hibike a good show regardless of it having yuri or not?
>>
>>4271312
Why did all those other celebs sound shit? No one soudned right
>>
>>4271324
It's your typical drama over nothing show, if this is your thing.
>>
Man I can't wait for another general thread where /u/ not to argue about subtext and maintext and everything in between with the same points as the last 100 threads!
>>
>>4271324
No, it's a het series.
>>
>>4271313
But in GBC it impacted the story and characters. Momo and Nina were acting differently after the confession
Regardless. How do you make a show that has a confession, is still subtext (boss demands) and matches intensity to said confession without incsonsteincies? You claim to not dislike higher intensity but label such higher intesisites as inconsitent when it has to end in subtext per boss demands
So clearly, you only like subtext when it's less intense (NareNare) and if NareNare had a confession, you'd hate it as inconsistent since it needs to still be subext (and thus would be what you call inconsistent)
Sounds to me you've no idea of what you want or what you're talking about
>>
>>4271323
It's cool that it wasn't a big deal for you, it was disappointing for me though.
I can't remember many other shows doing the same, with yuri at least.
>>
>Evil Yuri
The Feelings We All Must Endure
Gunjo
Blue
Helter Skelter
White Angels Have No Wings

Any other candidates?
>>
>>4271307
Explicit yuri, but some of the conflicts just kind of end as soon as they start. Thought it was just the anime rushing things, but its like that in the manga too (no idea about the LN).
It very much worth watching if you can tolerate generic fantasy
>>
>>4271330
I'm sorry anon, I really did my best to make you understand, but you're either unable or unwilling to, and I can't spend the entire night repeating myself, so I'll have to agree to disagree and end things here.
Sweet dreams to you.
>>
>>4271332
im more dangerous than you
>>
>>4271334
You're the one unable and unwilling to understand that the only way you'd like NareNare with a confession is if it was maintext to be "consistent"
But anime original will never be maintext. So, NareNare remaining subtext would make the confession inconsistent and you wouldn't like it
You like subtext at lower intensities like NareNare. And for higher intensities you want maintext. Otherwise it's inconsistent
>>
>>4271307
It's pretty good as far as isekai goes
>universe doesn't have RPG mechanics
>MC isn't reincarnated into a dating sim so she can't just skip cutscenes because she has no knowledge of the universe other than what she's naturally learned
>only real strength is her collective knowledge of the real world but is limited in her ability to apply it, e.g. no magical cell phone out of her ass
>actually worries about if her reincarnating into someone "killed" the original MC's identity
>girlfriend is the real (literal) godmode character

Pretty easy to forget it's an isekai show up until MC decides to ruminate on something from Earth that were.
It ain't revolutionary but it's definitely up there as far as LN fantasy goes. Plus there's yuri.
>>
File: 121379711_p0.jpg (2.31 MB, 1200x1696)
2.31 MB
2.31 MB JPG
Surprisingly not dead.
>>
>>4271278
/u/ really is filled with mentally ill women who are never pleased.
>>
>>4271328
You're like 3 years too late for that.
>>
Great, over a hundred posts in one day. I wonder what's waiting for me when I scroll down.
>>
>>4271351
Virginity will do that to you. And a lack of mary jane.
>>
>>4271338
You can tell the isekai element was shoehorned in just to get the tag.

>>actually worries about if her reincarnating into someone "killed" the original MC's identity
Wasn't she born like that? Pretty dumb to think you killed someone who never actually existed.
>>
>>4271350
As long as lolis exist in this world, Itou Hatchi will always draw them and the OLs they are dating
>>
File: pompoms.jpg (349 KB, 2595x1269)
349 KB
349 KB JPG
>go up to man about to jump
>start cheering
>short haired kuudere parkours up there, taunts him, and says its not scary before heading down, further embarrassing the man
>man jumps then proposes
>immediately interrupt their special moment and join in uninvited
>start recording, then plugging your channel
what is their problem? They ruined the proposal
>>
>>4271453
They're only respectful to lesbian couples.
>>
I doubt yuri bait is a real thing. I mean this niche genre can barely survive on it own. We're not rich like fujos who will buy all the merch because 2 guys breath the same air
>>
>>4271462
>I doubt yuri bait is a real thing
No, don't take away our common object of fear and loathing. Such a thing is a great unifier, and if it doesn't exist, it's worth inventing.
>>
>>4271351
I mean, I don't care. But I'm also an idiot and it seems the lords of writing require subtext to be as restrained as possible or there's some inconsistency or whatever and it's "bad writing expectatiosn betrayed anticlimatic" if it doesn't go maintext (which it won't. Maintext is only allowed for adaptations)
>>
>>4271338
well i finished watching it was ok but i thought anis was just annoying through the whole series and the kingdom politics just felt odd does the LN get any better
>>
File: GUw5TR4agAAW5eY.jpg (67 KB, 794x572)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
>vtuber legend anime took out some yuri jokes
>>
>>4271350
>have Kentaro Miura-tier drawing skills
>devote them entirely to /ll/
>>
>>4271474
wouldnt have it any other way
>>
>>4271470
Imagine a girl literally saying "blush" and "sigh"
>>
>>4271224
I too am ready for the meltdown and whining about lesbian propaganda-toxic relationships-see being abnormal is not healthy-they're ugly like in real life but why aren't they fat-think of the children.
>>
>>4271478
Go back
>>
>>4270981
This could have been a "your boobs are cute" moment if it weren't for those stupid dresses. Is this kind of thing even real at hot springs, or is this PA Works just being PA Works and getting rid of anything resembling fanservice?
>>
File: GUthkFIaoAAZQ5W.jpg (262 KB, 1200x900)
262 KB
262 KB JPG
>>4271482
The specific real life hot spring they were shilling uses those dresses: https://x.com/gunma_tabotabo/status/1822657752352887085
>>
>>4271484

>>4271045
>>
>>4271482
Maybe it's for the best, though. The scene of naked and wet girls hugging or practicing jumps could seriously damage the already weak sanity of the locals and go down in /u/ history as a monumental case of the so-called "backpedalling".
>>
>>4271484
nta but sometimes i forget a lot of the places shown in anime are real locations and not just made up spots in japan. Do they get paid to advertise them, or is it something they do of their own accord
>>
File: 1683485398096707.webm (388 KB, 1920x1080)
388 KB
388 KB WEBM
>>4271480
Been here far longer than you, whiny retard.
>>
>>4271488
P.A. Works makes a lot of tourism ad shows which I believe are partially government-funded. I'd say sometimes it feels more naturally integrated than others. Aquatope made sense to be set in Okinawa with the aquarium and the spirit that appeared at times, while Narenare being set in Gunma feels pretty interchangeable since it's not like the area has a history of cheerleading.
>>
I have been thinking, what could I do to support Yuri serializers like Comic Yuri Hime? Dont really wanna order the comics with a 30 euro shipping cost, was wondering is there a digital version I can buy to support em?
>>
>>4271495
i just order a bunch of acrylic stands and such. no idea how much of that goes back to yuri hime though
>>
is the othersiders picnic manga worth reading if i have no plans of picking up the LN? or is it unfaithful like the anime
>>
>>4271499
The manga is extremely faithful to the novels, it even goes over almost all of Sorawo's internal monologue. It's written by the original author.
>>
>>4271499
>or is it unfaithful like the anime
It cheats a little, but like it's girlfriend's not here today, so it's somewhat acceptable.
>>
Anyone get what they want in Comiket?
>>
File: GUqed0EawAA9r6x.jpg (802 KB, 2048x1536)
802 KB
802 KB JPG
>Stops serializing
>Becomes based
>>
>>4271526
I've never bought doujinshi, what's their size? It's difficult to understand it from photos alone. Are they the same size of Kirara's tankoubon or are they bigger than them?
>>
File: 121392130_p0.jpg (291 KB, 850x908)
291 KB
291 KB JPG
I read a news article about how the keyboardist of a girl band had to quit the band after only 18 months in the band because her hand started cramping up so badly that she couldn’t finish songs and her right ear went deaf twice and the doctor said it was an inner ear disorder and every time it happens her hearing gets damaged and she might have to wear a hearing aid soon and she also had a foot injury that probably would’ve made it impossible to stand for a full 15-song concert and she said in her farewell letter to her fans that the other members of the band were really nice to her but it was clear from her letter that the whole experience was pretty miserable for her and she asked her fans not to bring up the band if they ever meet her at an event in the future and my yuri brain made up an entire story about how the keyboardist would be causing trouble for the band with her chronic injuries and the other girls would be nice to her on the surface but talk shit behind her back and only the singer was nice to her and the keyboardist would go home after practice and cry herself to sleep and things got to the point where she would cry in the bathroom and the singer found her crying in a stall on time and the keyboardist finally confesses that she’s thinking of leaving the band and the singer hugs her and says that she’ll always support the keyboardist no matter what happens. Then the keyboardist tells the band that she’s quitting and gives the drummer, guitarist, and bassist some cheap shitty parting gifts but gives the singer a silver pocket watch with the singer’s name engraved on it with a card saying that she hopes the singer will look at the watch and fondly remember their time together.
>>
File: 121103845_p0.jpg (292 KB, 850x1202)
292 KB
292 KB JPG
>>4271531
Then a year later or so the keyboardist gets meet and greet tickets to a concert with her old band, now with a new keyboardist, and after the show the old keyboardist approaches the singer and is like “lol remember me” and the singer gets excited and hugs her and takes the pocket watch out of her pocket and says she has it on stage with her at every live to give her courage and the old keyboardist says that the moment they shared in the bathroom made her realize that at least one person in the world cares about her and gave her the courage to get help and become sober (no idea why I decided she was an alcoholic, probably from watching GBC) and she finally came out to her family and introduces the singer to her girlfriend. The yuri swamp is a strange place.
>>
>>4271531
>>4271532
This is very autistic, and probably not a healthy state of mind; i found your story very cute though, good job
>>
>>4271531
>>4271532
Whenever I see an unprompted wall of text I just assume it's a Zenkowa autist.
>>
>>4271531
SakaShima, please.
>>
File: GUqeeQDasAAbi-e.jpg (617 KB, 2048x1666)
617 KB
617 KB JPG
>>4271529
I think Tachi follows the standard 257 x 182mm size.
>>
>>4271545
So they are indeed bigger than A5. They must be a pain in the ass to put in your shelf.
>>
>>4271550
Doujinshi are meant to be hidden under your bed.
>>
>>4271551
What about people sleeping in a futon?
>>
>>4271506
ive never even been....
>>
>>4271506
Imagine the smell
>>
>>4271553
Keep it under your tatami floor.
>>
>>4271551
Ewww, it's dusty and dirty in there.
>>
>>4271577
Be like a normal NEET and have 90% of your possessions stored in totes.
>>
I have been reading ShuuKura and just reached the graduation part but Miyagi gets on my nerves so much. Will her bullshit ever end?
>>
>>4271598
lol no
>>
File: IMG_0031.jpg (189 KB, 1920x1036)
189 KB
189 KB JPG
We are one day away from the 25th anniversary of the greatest yuri anime movie of all time. Why is it still yet to be surpassed?
>>
>>4271394
It's more like she has memories of Anis as she is up through her childhood, and then she got her "memories" of Earth later in life when she was 5 years old. So up until Euphie clarifies the nature of this, that this kind of memory incarnation isn't unique to Anis, Anis lived under the belief she may have accidentally caused "ego death" to the original Anis.
It probably helps that we don't actually know anything about what could've been Anisphia's original identity on Earth, she just has memories of that world but nothing that makes her a specific individual like being a student or an OL or anything.
>>
>>4271338
i cnat take seriously any story where they think a teenager ruling is a good idea
>>
>>4271631
Anon that's literally part of the history of our own very worl-
you know what, you're not wrong
>>
>>4271630
Due to the nature of her memories which cover a large ammount of topics in detail, not only about science but culture, and how there is no human being who knows even 1/10 of the stuff she does. it's sorta implied it's some collective memory of earth's knowledge rather than memories from a past life she lived herself, the fact she has zero individual memories further gives credence to this, it's not really a reincarnation but more like Annis was suddenly forced to read several books with a perfect memory and understading to remember every single page,
>>
>>4271621
RIP to the english utena VA. The second utena VA to die from cancer
>>
>>4271307
It's fine. Better than WataOshi and Houkago Saitensei but worse than pretty much every yurisekai. They have sex if that's important to you.
>>
Ok translator faggots do your unpaid jobs and no I won't learn anything!
>>
>>4271645
i will never not giggle at the authors name
>>
>>4271647
What's wrong with her name?
>>
>>4271648
Poor girl has no chilli
>>
>>4271645
Mycropen always waits for the volumes on this series. Speaking of, Hoshikuzu when?
>>
>>4271656
Volume has been out for a while and mycropenis still didn't translate
>>
>>4271639
>The lady who was Misty and Jessie is dead
>>
>>4271656
>always waits for the volumes
This is for the best even if many readers are impatient.

- Panels that had nothing but blank white backgrounds now have actual backgrounds.
- Panels with low detail backgrounds as if it was a placeholder, now have way more detailed backgrounds.
- Characters' faces redrawn completely in some panels.
- Characters' faces given added details in some panels.
- Some panels and/or entire pages were completely redrawn from scratch.
- Bubbles being altered. Added transparency/semi-transparency in some scenes to show more more of the artwork. Some cases of bubbles being/turning black due to character's tone of voice in some scenes.
- Occasionally even some completely new pages added.
- Occasional text changes.
>>
>>4271667
>Another burger died of eating too much bacon
>>
>>4271671
fucked up
>>
File: GUqg1z7b0AAQc6Q.jpg (409 KB, 2047x1772)
409 KB
409 KB JPG
Did you pick your kimishinu fans? Why is Ichijinsha promoting this series so hard? This is a story for another day...
>>
>>4271677
Maybe it's going to get an anime.
>>
>>4271692
C'mon anon it's not like they are installing billboards around the city or something
>>
>no translation
>translations stopped years ago
>official licence but never released
>official release but no rip
>dogshit translation
pick you poison
i should have learned japanese
>>
>>4271702
easy choice, official release but no rip
just have money lmao
>>
File: RJ01241068_img_main.png (377 KB, 560x420)
377 KB
377 KB PNG
It's up.
>>
Is there any yuri in genshiken?
>>
>>4271636
Wasn't there also something about she couldn't use magic because her soul is from another world?
>>
>>4271707
If I recall she actually has a lot of mana but she has no magical atribute and so she doesn't align with any spirit and this is why she wanted to fight a dragon in the first place.
>>
>>4271705
Didn't remember the mc's original body was obese. Gross.
>>
>>4271728
Every girl Ayane draws who isn't a loli is obese
>>
>>4271702
Translations stopped years ago for easy discoverability, if I like it enough I can work through the raw.
>>
lel, both Shuwa-chan and Ran have the same seiyuu. I hope this is foreshadowing them getting together for real.
>>
>>4271526
Is Tachi a tachi?
>>
File: GUzrE7_bIAA0MqI.jpg (304 KB, 2047x1170)
304 KB
304 KB JPG
Centurii 4some
>>
>>4271756
Who
>>
>>4271705
Ayanero's art is too detailed
>>
>>4271728
>Gross
Faggot.
>>
>>4271777
We insult call others straight here
>>
https://youtu.be/3QmjJ333poY?si=Zm2ZQGnMS6rbRgC6
Brazilian dub with an actual br vtuber
Holly bundas!
>>
>>4271796
>dub no one gives a shit about with a VA no one gives a shit about
Woah.
>>
>>4271798
>Implying there is a dub anyone gives a shit
The world does not revolve around your shithole fourthworld burgerino
>>
>>4271799
Unless the dub adds yuri
>>
File: 1703297103707129.png (34 KB, 631x306)
34 KB
34 KB PNG
I just learned about Kiyoko Matsumoto, is that why yuri is so associated with angst?
>>
>>4271802
So what happened to Masako?
>>
>>4271803
She became lovers' suicide anon.
>>
>>4271828
For real though imagine seeing your girlfriend leap into a volcano and then going ehh maybe this isn't for me
>>
https://mangadex.org/title/58533498-e740-45f6-9c34-3d4250971610/umidori-tougetsu-no-detarame-na-jijou
Is this yuri or not?
>>
>>4271830
Why weren't they holding hands as they jumped is the real question.
>>
>>4271802
>Kiyoko jumped, Masako didn't
That's the kind of things that results in onryos. Masako most likely died as a result of Kiyoko's vengeful spirit.
Also it took them 2 to 4 years and 1200+ attempted suicides before realizing the volcano is a death trap?
>>
>>4271705
up where
>>
>>4271858
Up yours lmao
>>
>>4271802
>volcano full of lesbians ghosts
huh
>>
>>4271802
How has this not been made into a manga/VN?
>MC goes to volcano to an hero
>gets stopped by a girl in strangly old looking attire
>they hit it off and get together
>MC tries to kiss other girl but she ends up going through her instead
>turns out shes the ghost of a girl that actually did jump into the volcano but couldn't move on due to her lover not jumping with her
>>
>>4271902
Need a manga about an OL going there on vacation, spending her days being guided around by a young girl who wants to earn enough money to leave her rural town, as they share their different perspectives they slowly grow to like each other. The island girl takes her to see the volcano and suddenly gets kissed by her before the OL shoves something in her hand and jumps in following after her old girlfriend. The young girl looks at her hand bewildered, it's holding the ticket back to Tokyo.
>>
>>4271897
we need a yuri manga about this
>>
>>4271802
>>4271902
There actually is a fair amount of fiction referencing the theme of Taisho era schoolgirl suicides, both yuri and non-yuri. I learned about them for the first time in 2008 due to the mystery anime Mouryou no Hako. For a yuri example, you have Yume no Hashibashi:
https://mangadex.org/title/04ca1157-3482-4fc8-87f8-c7d30241734b/the-ends-of-a-dream

The 1930s were the period when the Japanese government started ramping up censorship of Class S literature and Takarazuka plays because they were generating too many lesbians. (Most S magazines eventually got completely banned just before the start of WWII. Takarazuka was allowed to keep its doors open but was forced to completely shut down interactions between actresses and fans.)
Public outcry with regards to schoolgirl suicides was one factor, but most of it was the increasingly authoritarian government as Japan veered towards war. Feminism in Taisho era Japan is actually a really fascinating topic because the whole country was swept up in a modernization movement as Japan tried to restructure itself into a world superpower, but those same national ambitions caused the establishment to reinforce traditional gender roles and patriarchy.

For example, women didn't have the right to vote and married women gave up all rights to their property. There are sources that claim that (according to surveys) 80-90% of schoolgirls in that period had experience with S (lesbian) relationships. For those who didn't want to become slaves to patriarchy, suicide might've been one of the only options.

Although most of the material about that period is pretty tragic (both fiction and non-fiction) because things really WERE that shitty for women, a lot of it still pretty inspiring to learn about because the feminist movement produced many real intellectuals and revolutionaries.
>>
>daily hunt for yuri art
>this one looks nice
>click through
>ts
>futa
>body swap
>posession
>fart/scat
>man joins in
What's wrong with people? Why can't they just draw wholesome yuri smut where the girls are in love, instead of this fucked shit?
>>
>>4271942
How much you paid them?
Zero.
You know how much degenerate coomers paid them?
Millions...
>>
>>4271942
People harp about male gaze shit but to me the more important distinction to make is whether an artist cares about yuri as a genre or if its just another fetish on a long checklist.
>>
>>4271942
I've actually commissioned art before, memberships,etc.
>>
>>4271950
meant for
>>4271944
>>
>>4271942
It'a because when someone like Chigusa Minori makes a yuri art, you'd bitch about it. This is what you get in the end.
>>
>>4271952
She doesn't make yuri art tho?
Male gaze shit is not yuri
>>
>>4271958
You're proving my point. Enjoy your
>ts
>futa
>body swap
>posession
>fart/scat
>man joins in
art then. Dumb bitch.
>>
>>4271959
>supporting an artist that draws non-yuri shit like solo girls looking at the viewer would somehow make artists stop drawing non-yuri shit
What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
Artists don't owe you anything.
>>
>>4271952
Excuse me but why are you being mean to me based on an image that you have in your own head?
>>
>>4271965
Why is this always the response on a yuri board? Why can't any of you just be normal and be like ah that sucks, you're right?
>>
>>4271926
Wow, are you some kind of yuri historian or something?
>>
>>4271964
>non-yuri shit
Dumb. Bitch.
>>
Mahoako? Explicit yuri for everyone's gaze and more successful than your favorite "pure" yuri anime.
>>
>>4271971
It got axed though
>>
>>4271968
It's just a hetfag defending the artists he likes, don't make it sounds like he's the whole board. It's obvious we're pissed off, there's no need to voice it everytime, we can't do shit, the best thing is ignoring and not giving attention.
>>
>>4271968
I am an adult, I ignore things I don't like.
You're a big crybaby.
>>
>>4271981
It's just kind of ridiculous that this is your reaction. I say I search for yuri and a lot of what comes up is depraved fetish shit, not yuri. That it's most of it is a problem. Not saying I have a solution, but having this visceral negative reaction to anyone commiserating about an obvious problem is mentally ill.
>>
>>4271982
The problem is in your head, schizo.
>>
>>4271983
No it isn't. You're the one denying reality, and it's because you absolutely hate yuri.
>>
>>4271986
There is more than enough yuri for daily consumption.
Get a job.
>>
>>4271989
Never thought I'd see someone on /u/ arguing that we have enough yuri and don't need any more. Bizarre world it is.
>>
>>4271968
Because "yuri board" is not an excuse to act like everyone who isn't ultra dedicated to yuri exclusively is some sort of awful person who needs to die and like the yuri they do make doesn't count as "real yuri"
Guess AdaShima is not true yuri because the author does het
"yuri board" isn't the "complain when artists do non-yuri stuff" board
>>
>>4271982
That sounds like a problem with tags and search engines. Artists shouldn't limit themselves just because the sites are awful shit and don't have a way to exclude non-yuri shit from searches
>>
>>4271993
"we need more yuri" doesn't mean "wer should force artists to do yuri only and those who dare want something else need to burn"
>>
>>4272001
Did I say anything about that, you perpetually angry idiot. All I said is that it would be an objectively better situation for any real yurifag of they did choose to fuck off with these non-yuri, or just plain disgusting fetishes that are often tagged yuri.
>>4271998
TS isn't yuri. Futa isn't yuri. Posession is in most cases not yuri. The only one in there that is yuri as tagged usually is fart/scat. I am judging artists, but they can do what they want. When a decent chunk of doujins, or images tagged yuri are one of these then there is a problem because objective beauty does exist and this ain't it.
>>
>>4271902
https://mangadex.org/chapter/324d102c-1546-476c-a1a0-2f5c41b4bfa3/1
>>
>>4271942
First there is no point in you fighting with the image spammer, he always does this and defends this type of content, after all he posts those themselve and has created himself several threads of non yuri content you can check yourself in the catalog, he is a pervert living off your tax money you will see he never argues anything but to defend his fetishes, after all he does not like yuri, it's just another fetish to him and his obvious lack of intelligence to hold any discussion.

Second unfortunately there is nothing we can do, especially with bad actors, I was originally planning to post several Comiket104 stands but then I just realizef the sad truth, I don't trust most of those artists to not sneak some futanari doujin if not worse, even a certain fan favorite here who had a couple in a yuri anthology is selling a compilatatio of stories this artists did on her fanbox, one which includes the girls growing dicks and fucking each other, unfortunately it's the old truth, never trust a hentai artist.

I just follows my own rules to mitigate problems
>Always look on the tags page of the user on pixiv for futa and threesome, the ueer posting unrelated het is something you will have to deal with
>Set up panda filters to exclude most het stuff and use the watch tab, yuri tag can include a lot of non yuri content, so use the females only tag in combination with the yuri tag. Though be careful that for some reason sometimes some tags will just no work properly and bypass the filter.
>On twitter always report as child safety and the block users posting onimai and other TS related stuff to get them suspended.
>>
>>4272007
This was a horror story and the author probanly though lesbians were the scariest part
>>
File: BfQTOiO.png (150 KB, 890x647)
150 KB
150 KB PNG
>>4271834
No one knows because no one read it. Kadokawa actually messed up the listing and included internal notes in the description that said the first volume only sold an estimated 1131 copies.
>>
File: GU2k61IXUAErSQh.jpg (322 KB, 1500x2121)
322 KB
322 KB JPG
Does nun blood taste better than regular blood?
>>
>>4272046
>Not tagged as yuri anywhere
Well hopefully they didn't expect it would sell with the yuri audience, because they are not helping themselves
>>
File: I'm not homosexual.png (49 KB, 235x268)
49 KB
49 KB PNG
>>4272046
>no one read it
https://archiveofsins.com/u/thread/3901310/#3918929
Personally I dropped it after pic related.
>>
>>4272051
Seems like it was just a big waste of everyone's time then.
>>
>>4272004
>>4272011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKO-4HvVp8Y
>>
File: 81Rb7nf1xTL._SL1500_.jpg (219 KB, 1057x1500)
219 KB
219 KB JPG
>>4272049
>>4272051
It's annoying how many LN series I see people pushing as yuri are like that. No official tags, and you read it and it doesn't go anywhere. At least we are getting a few actual yuri LNs these days.
>>
One of these days, yuri authors will find a new plot device that doesnt involve arranged marriages
>>
>>4272021
random GL one shots in shojo anthologies are always a fav treat of mine
>>
>>4272060
Isn't this from a horror anthology by a big name though?
>>
>>4272058
I think it's fine if there is some obvious blatant consistent subtext, but it seems some retards think not having a male characters compesates the lack of any romantic chemistry between the girls.
>>
>>4272059
It's a timeless classic. Unfortunately.
>>
>>4272004
Again, why are you acting like the problem is artists drawing this shit instead of applying wrong tags?
I agree it ahouldn’t be tagged yuri, but that’s as far as I agree. If they tag it right, artists can do whatever they want
>>
Is this the first cafe by a yuri mangoka
https://x.com/kstk39/status/1823306674951827751
>>
File: 194836385.jpg (423 KB, 1280x1855)
423 KB
423 KB JPG
>>4272067
WataYuri if it real
>>
>>4272067
>Atelier Renard
Cafe Retard Renako
>>
>>4272067
It's encouraging to see that yuri is becoming such a profitable business that any mangaka can earn enough money from just two volumes to open a cafe in Shibuya.
>>
>>4272074
It's just really cheap to open cafes
>>
>>4271830
To be fair, death would be more like hitting concrete, and you get cremated afterwards. You wouldn't actually feel your body getting Mustafar'd.
>>
>>4272051
That's what they always say. It doesn't mean they're actually not gay.
>>
>>4272078
It's the other way around, you're being cremated in midair before crashing on the lava.
>>
>>4272079
When it actually goes nowhere it makes you think she may be upon something
>>
>>4272074
She got her money from her cosplay/photography stuff.
>>
File: 456456465.png (202 KB, 350x796)
202 KB
202 KB PNG
>>4272051
>>
>>4272081
Nah I don't believe her.
>>
>>4272082
Sure, let's call it this
>>
>protag transfers to a new school at the start of the school year
>helps girl out on her way to school
>once in school, she realizes that the girl she helped was actually the student council president, with the best grades in school, and her own fan club
>they hit it off
or
>protagonist starts off already at school
>sudden transfer student in the middle of the year
>its a stoic beauty who everyone has a crush on
>no one can seem to get close to her as shes hard to approach and acts cold towards others
>protag ignores this and gets clingy with new girl, and it turns out shes just shy, and was lonely because people were too nervous to be her friend so she had no one to talk to
>they hit it off
>>
>>4272086
It's true though. If you can open a cafe from releasing 2 volumes, where's the cafe by Manio?
>>
>>4272090
>Manio
>Working
>>
>>4272083
She's right, though. She's Sakaki-sexual
>>
>>4272058
But pretty much all yuri LNs have the gut to declare how yuri they are? What are you even reading that you are getting shits like that?
>>
>>4272090
She might not mind opening her own cafe (unless she works there herself), but the health inspectorate has some objections to that.
>>
https://twitter.com/rasuko_okuma/status/1823351447268073871
Pin to kita more like Pin to kimashita wa.
>>
>>4272092
Still gay, Kaori.
>>
>>4271855
I'm more disgusted by all the tourists who were actively watching people kill themselves like it's a tourist attraction.
>>
>>4271803
Masako returned to school, and told all her friends about Kiyoko jumping into the volcano. Not long after, Masako died, though the cause of her death was never publicized.

So yeah, either she killed herself to follow after Kiyoko after making sure she became a legend, or Kiyoko's vengeful spirit came for her.

Here's a letter that Kiyoko wrote to Masako before jumping.

>“Dearest, I am bewildered to distraction by the perplexities of maturing womanhood. I can stand the strain no longer. What shall I do? I should like to jump into a volcano.”

https://www.thescarechamber.com/its-criminal-to-buy-a-1-way-ticket/
>>
>>4272133
I would pay to see people throwing themselves in a fucking volcano
>>
>>4272143
>“Dearest, I am bewildered to distraction by the perplexities of maturing womanhood. I can stand the strain no longer. What shall I do? I should like to jump into a volcano.”
Wtf, she needs to study English better, this is incomprehensible!
>>
>>4272143
Or you know the truth, Kyoyko was a cheating whore and Masako pushed her into the volcano and forged a letter, classic lesbian move
>>
Was Mieruko axed?
Was noighd involved with it before in any form?
When I catch you...
>>
>>4272149
It's the 1930s. Everyone was high on Shakespeare.
>>
>>4272151
Mieruko had a chapter a few days ago, it just uploads every two months or so
>>
>>4272059
I'd rather jump into a volcano that be forced to marry a male.
>>
>>4272151
Chapter 59 came out in Japan a few days ago. It's an irregular schedule.

https://comic-walker.com/detail/KC_003960_S/episodes/KC_0039600008100011_E?episodeType=first
>>
>>4272154
I was high on Byron back then. Some of us have taste.
>>
>>4272171
It was all there was at the time. Far too soon for Plath, who was a year old at the time.
>>
So I am like 137 chs in to Shuukura now

When will Miyagi stop being a selfish cunt? It's hard to continue reading when one of the MC is so fucking unlikable
>>
>>4272175
She is relatable
>>
>>4272178
Lol no
>>
>>4272181
Yes anon being bitch and angst are common male characteristics...
>>
>>4272171
>back then
Granny?
>>
>>4272185
Not a single anon survive beyond the 50s
>>
File: IMG_3058.jpg (420 KB, 924x1199)
420 KB
420 KB JPG
Here’s the Korean’s list of essential Yuri anime
>>
>>4272151
You fell for someone having a bit of mean fun on /a/.
>>
>>4272205
>Hibike and Frozen
Come on.
>>
File: How to make a bomb.png (250 KB, 451x695)
250 KB
250 KB PNG
>>4272205
>Frozen, Dragon Maid, Prisma Illya, Idolmaster, Gakkou Gurashi, Hibike, Chuunibyou, Railgun, Nichijou, Precure, Sailor Moon
>>
>>4272175
Just stop, it's only get worse with Sendai becoming a boring doormat for this shit girl.
>>
File: 1487520749183.jpg (1.31 MB, 1488x2150)
1.31 MB
1.31 MB JPG
In a all-star yuri fighting game who would be the shotos
>>
>>4272208
>>4272211
Stop replying to trolls.
>>
>>4272211
Don't bother we're talking about the only country that will need science babies to survive another century.
>>
>>4272205
Not bad picks honestly.

>>4272208
>>4272211
Are you two unfamiliar with the concept of shipping or something?
>>
File: Spoiler Image (16 KB, 400x400)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>4272213
I know who is the Okuma of this game you can select by pressing up 5 times in the character selection screen.
>>
>>4272218
I wouldn't put the source material of a popular yuri ship on a list of yuri anime if said source isn't yuri. Anna falls in love with and gets married to a dude.
>>
>>4272218
>Are you two unfamiliar with the concept of shipping or something?
What does shipping has to do with an essential list of yuri anime? You can ship Pokemon characters if you want, are you going to recommend Pokemon as an essential yuri series too you fucking retard?
>>
File: GUzUnwKXQAAsiOG.jpg (160 KB, 1078x767)
160 KB
160 KB JPG
>>4272219
Here chunli for you
>>
File: inomari.webm (3.68 MB, 1920x1080)
3.68 MB
3.68 MB WEBM
https://youtu.be/GDYuXZBT_ic
>>
File: GUxhkh_akAAF97t.jpg (536 KB, 2250x1266)
536 KB
536 KB JPG
>>4272219
>mfw the episode is late this week too
>>
>>4272211
All of those? Yuri.
>>
File: GDYuXZBT_ic.png (3.41 MB, 1920x1080)
3.41 MB
3.41 MB PNG
>>4272223
Damn, that's gay.
Is this my fault for posting them a couple of threads ago or did you already know them?
Take this in return.
https://youtu.be/VCYcxWPSlWc?t=128
>>
Imagine you're a real homo forced to do business yuri with the straight girls.
>>
>>4272093
Hello there person who has never seen the lists posted by TsuzuriYuri.
>>
>>4272213
Reimu and Marisa
>>
>>4272205
Based Korea.
>>
>>4272205
I bet Japanese equivalent would be boring as shit.
>>
>>4272205
It’s more a timeline of what anime was popular with Yuri fans in Korea
>>
File: 1705801700988.jpg (450 KB, 1859x1280)
450 KB
450 KB JPG
Anything but surprising
>>
>>4272238
Practically the definition of cherrypicking here
>>
>>4272238
China chads... I kneel.
>>
File: 073.jpg (752 KB, 1441x2048)
752 KB
752 KB JPG
>>
>>4272246
You found a single one yay
>>
File: 8--emF_7YvrE1Lu-m.jpg (524 KB, 1350x1920)
524 KB
524 KB JPG
>>4272248
>>
>>4272238
I learned to appreciate chinese yuri but I still find it hard to enjoy kr yuri when they just have sex at the first or second chapter.
>>
>>4272249
Why is she asking herself though?
>>
>>4272250
Most Korean are just an excuse for smut, while chinese are either relationship or plot driven, though I suppose you can give credit for Korean also not working around the gay issue.
>>
>>4272230
The homo in this case being...?
>>
>>4272257
your mom
>>
>>4272218
You are a retard, honestly.
>>
>>4272228
You? Stupid.
>>
Will someone ever finish translating I Wish Her Love Could Come True? How does it end?
>>
>>4272265
It ends with her being rejected and deciding to move on, like every josei some guy shows up in the middle and forces a kiss on her and gets punched in the face, but like every josei he is forgiven like he did nothing wrong and they stay friends (but at least he vanishes from the story)
>>
>>4272263
>>4272264
Takes one to know one.
>>
>>4272278
I'm not the one calling non-yuri shit and actual hetshit yuri.
>>
I still think it’s cringe that a yuri vn writer complained about their bl vns not getting enough attention when the reason western yuri vns get noticed more is because there isn’t enough yuri jp vns to begin with and bl is an oversaturated market.
>>
>>4272297
Who?
>>
File: GUzrE7_bIAA0MqI.jpg (634 KB, 3500x2000)
634 KB
634 KB JPG
Centurii-chan sold over 5000 Centurii-chan plushies on Makeship. As a thank you they drew this 4p selfcest shot.
>>
>>4272297
Well if he wants do much people can stop talking about his yuri vns too.
>>
>>4272292
You are also none of those quoted.
>>
File: 1698962504588476.png (867 KB, 1232x666)
867 KB
867 KB PNG
God tier art coming thru. Yes it's a girl's hands
>>
>>4272222
How many rounds did they go after this?
>>
>>4272205
Questionable picks aside, what's with the floating ones? It just obscures the one on the back.

>>4272236
These are all picks that most people here would already know, I fail to see why Japanese would pick differently
>>
>>4272238
>jap
Retarded autistic characters who don't even know their own feelings (probably reflects japs), but stories seem to have more of a purpose when kr and chink tend to be soap opera type of stuff.

>kr and chink
I don't think it's that different from chink except kr has more smut, and Chinese seems to have more quality yuris (art and story) in comparison to kr. Both have more relatable characters compared to japs
>>
>>4272205
>frozen
I always was disgusted in this ship like hello they're sisters????
>>
>>4272205
>no manaria friends
>>
File: ironic.jpg (107 KB, 680x771)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
>>4272439
>>
>>4272439
>>
File: DvP7StHVsAMmFh.jpg (109 KB, 600x860)
109 KB
109 KB JPG
>>4272439
Yeah I hate that stuff. Definitely dont post any or I will be very upset!
>>
>>4272223
What the hell are they doing idol business yuri?
>>
>>4272428
>Yes it's a girl's hands
I don't believe you
>>
>>4272458
life imitates art
>>
File: 1722046324480856.jpg (562 KB, 2048x1692)
562 KB
562 KB JPG
>>4272459
They're these two by sleepymocha on twitter.
>>
>>4272432
Like two-thirds of one, Shimamura is too lazy.
>>
Will we actually get to find out who nadeshiko’s gf is within five years?
>>
>>4272498
It will be sometime between Hime and Yano getting together and the YuzuMei sex scene.
>>
>>4272486
Don't worry Adachi can take care of the remaining 9.3333 rounds
>>
>>4272437
Well it has to be said japanese works are usually High School era stories while Korean are mostly adults in either college or working while Chinese is mostly a mix between fantasy or adults either in office or working as superstars. So it's not really surprising they would be more relatable to the older demographic here since both Korea and China have older demographics for yuri, meanwhile Japan it's very likely on the spot for it's target audience.
>>
>>4272439
incest is to yuri what rape is to yaoi
>>
File: GU6XH-tbsAAnBmI.jpg (757 KB, 2048x1990)
757 KB
757 KB JPG
>>
>>4272205
North Korea, right?

I wish it didn't look like they just grabbed the first promo images they found and put it all together in the dumbest way possible.
>>
Did Yuama draw BL before?
>>
>>4272560
Possible illustrations, she has said she buys BL though. She claims she only got interested in yuri because her editor told her she would be more suitable for it, but her first drawings in pixiv easily disprove this as she was already shipping Love Live characters.
>>
>>4272562
Why do authors love lying
>>
>>4272579
I think they just want to look more profissional and just outright admitting they got into it because it's a hobby does not sound as great.
>>
File: GU65Qoza4AE18bp.jpg (1.3 MB, 1214x1720)
1.3 MB
1.3 MB JPG
>still no episode
>>
>>4272592
But admitting to liking BL is okay and professional
>>
>>4272600
May I see it?
>>
If a woman draws manga there's a 80% chance she likes or has liked BL.
>>
There's nothing wrong with liking BL.
>>
>>4272602
https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/24847059

>>4272603
I see more and more GL only artists.
Early yuri hime had plenty of fujo authors.
>>
File: 69475962_p0.jpg (516 KB, 1033x750)
516 KB
516 KB JPG
>>4272606
>Deku X Bakugou
>Ochako X Tsuyu
Cute.
>>
>>4272606
Holy Kek we finally found someone who liked MHA ending lol
>>
>>4272601
First she isn't saying she does not like yuri, just that she didn't became an writer because she liked yuri, second she isn't writting BL so of course it doesn't matter.
>>
>>4272608
I didn't check the general online response but I have to imagine BakuDeku fujos were happy since Deku/Ochako explicitly didn't happen and Bakugou is the one who gets the most important interaction with Deku in the final chapter.
>>
BL and GL are born from the same pot, in the doujin scene.
>>
>>4272611
Let's just say SNK ending was forgotten because incels found a new target to hate because he didn't got the girl but got a job instead lol.

>>4272613
Yes, the circles are usually very close to each other, like literally just next to each other, so even if the girls are not into BL or GL they mostly know each other. Even to this day the doujin scene is still dominated by women.
>>
>Good lord Itou-san, what is happening in your bedroom?
>Loli party?
>Loli party? At this time of year, while school is in session, in an urban area, all of the little girls are in your bedroom?
>Yes!
>...May I see it?
>No.
>>
>>4272618
>ITOU THE POLICE IS HERE
>NO MOTHER, IT'S JUST THE NORTHERN LIGHTS!
>Well, Itou, you are an odd fellow, but I must say... you bake a good cheese pizza.
>>
>>4272621
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKieGUH9pzg
>>
>>4272621
Why the fuck would her mother call her by their family name?
>>
>>4272623
It's probably a pen name anyway anon.
>>
>>4272606
based green x brown enjoyer
>>
File: GU85grxbsAAcifj.jpg (316 KB, 2000x1215)
316 KB
316 KB JPG
True love will never be forgotten
>>
>>4272640
I want to forget this shitty ending.
>>
What's happened to School Zone's author now? I thought they were doing something new.
>>
is liar satsuki really yuri? theres no yuri tag on mangadex
>>
>>4272666
There's lots of teasing, an explicitly lesbian side character and it gets there at the end with the MC and main heroine though the epilogue hasn't been translated yet.
>>
>>4272675
>though the epilogue hasn't been translated yet.
Makes you curious why it wasn't, it can't be axed again by doing so.
>>
>>4272666
It has girls that love girls, but if you mean anything explicitly romantic, then you might be a little disappointed. Since there's moments that can be considered romantic, but none of them really go anywhere.
>>
>>4272683
Because the author was the sole Komachifag on the planet. No one wants to touch that shit.
>>
File: Fw8VhTkaUAIRlX8.jpg (590 KB, 1446x2048)
590 KB
590 KB JPG
>>4272660
After drawing random premises for a while between exorcists and a kendo club, she seems to have settled on a magical girl theme and is storyboarding the first chapters. Sometimes she posts bits of pages before deleting them later. It seems about as goofy as School Zone but with a serious side too.
>>
>>4272683
Noighd is waiting for the volume release at the end of the month to do the epilogue and extras at once.
>>
>>4272666
>>4272675
Komachi and Satsuki are very close at the end, Komachi even calls Satsuki's dad father, but this is the most confirmation you get out of their relationship.

>>4272683
Noighd said he is translating it but he waiting to buy the volumes himself.
>>
>>4272687
Aw, I liked the exorcists one

>Sometimes she posts bits of pages before deleting them later
Why do artists do this
>>
>>4272660
>>4272687
It has been 4 years already anons, she is stuck in this cycle of iterating between ideas, maybe she tried to pitch and got rejected several times IDK, but the first thing any editor will ask her is why she didn't work for 4 years, why she abandoned her serialization, why she didn't do any web comic, why she hasn't set up even a fanbox and so on. And the sad thing is that her sketches do look great, but IMO she must have actual mental illness and is just unable to properly work.
>>
File: F_9zIMaakAAwP_.jpg (583 KB, 2099x831)
583 KB
583 KB JPG
>>4272699
>Why do artists do this
Artism. At least it seems like it would have a darker bent to it, if not grimdark mahou shoujo.
>>
>>4272706
She posts more stuff on her other non twitter social media account
>>
>>4272706
This looks fire honestly.
>>
>>4272641
Did you think that it was gonna end well? Something would have gone wrong even if they didn't go back to the complex together
>>
>>4272719
I would have been plenty satisfied if Shio died in the fall.
>>
>>4272666
>they removed the GL tag
hate to see it. it was still there like a year ago
>>
>>4272640
>>4272641
>>4272719
I still remember that the day I watched the end of the anime, I dreamed that night, that in the last episode during the mini market shopping part, Sato found the Yugioh card "Number 75: Bamboozling Gossip Shadow" and she made a contract with that monster and saved both of them from the fall.

I wish that all my dreams were like that.
>>
>>4272728
>>
>>4272728
>Number 75
Not the monster I would have pegged as a yurifag.
>>
Shio knew she was loved, she is finally complete, Satou saved her and Shio will be frtever waiting for her return.
>>
>>4272731
It's not like I chose the monster, I just dreamed that it happened, I guess that's my mind's way of dealing with the ending and trying to fix it.

a little bit of the reason for this image that I asked for: >>4272730
The monster is in the knife (apparently)
>>
File: hs04.jpg (1.54 MB, 3840x2160)
1.54 MB
1.54 MB JPG
Satou won
>>
>>4272734
Clearly, Gossip Shadow used its effect to change Satou's lovers' suicide into both drawing 1 card therefore surviving.
>>
>>4272768
To be desu I would have imagined Number 39: "Hope is a girl's name" King Hope.
>>
File: GU9M0I_a4AAnG2W.jpg (254 KB, 1275x1312)
254 KB
254 KB JPG
This tweet popped up on me mentioning some birthday

Whose is it
>>
>>4272792
Your mom
>>
File: 320.jpg (143 KB, 2283x915)
143 KB
143 KB JPG
Jellyfish confirmed yuri? or is it because of Kiui?
>>
>>4272818
Don't be in such a hurry. It's not even a year out of the 50 needed to answer that question.
>>
>>4272818
Kiui is a girl and you don't understand that episode.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>Bodacious space pirates
>manabi straight
>kiddy grade
>urara meirochou
Are these worth watching?
>>
File: 1387575628474.jpg (837 KB, 1280x1529)
837 KB
837 KB JPG
>>4272865
>Bodacious space pirates

Bodacious Space Pirates is like peak "sit through the most boring shit imaginable for what should be a cool as hell premise because the author was more interested in creating an inane bureaucracy around their setting rather than write about cool space pirate shit, all just so you can see one of the few animated yuri kisses we had in the early 2010s"

Said yuri kiss didn't even involve the main characters, either. It is what it is.
>>
>>4272686
>akirafags still being mad
Lmao
>>
>>4272865
>manabi straight
Do you even need to ask?
>>
>>4272868
It's yuri. Just like Candy Boy is despite the name. No idea why they think having confusing names is a good idea (Yuri on Ice being the worst offender).
>>
>>4272845
The LGBTQ+ can only be about MahiKano being Lesbians
>>
>>4272874
Is Mei not a lesbian anymore or something?
>>
>>4272878
I mean, she's a joke. Her feelings are used for Kuroko-tier jokes most of the time. Only a few times are they taken seriously. Using the tag for what is mostly a joke lesbian will just get you hate from that audience. Imagine using that tag for something like Railgun, have people watch it and see that the only lesbian is a joke character obssessed with an straight girl who is in love with a typical LN male harm MC
People who want actual yuri and LGBTQ+ stuff would be super dissapointed and angry.
>>
>>4272885
>lesbian is a joke character obssessed with an straight girl who is in love with a typical LN male harm MC
But that doesn't describe Mei at all besides the lesbian part.
>>
>>4272885
People who want actual yuri don't want anything to do with GTQ+ shit.
>>
>>4272887
not a big fan of the B either
>>
>>4272892
you don't belong here
>>
>>4272895
Kill yourself.
>>
>>4272897
no u
>>
>>4272895
>bicutie
Liking cocks is not cute, it’s disgusting
>>
>bislut apologists
>>
>>4272899
Not the point, as long as a women loves a women it's yuri
>>
>>4272892
Purityfags are the worst.

Just the worst.
>>
>>4272886
If you believe the LGBTQ+ tag only applies to her,, and not MahiKano, it's still the only gay character being a joke, which isn't ideal
>>4272887
I imagine HiDive just don't have a tag/category specifically for yuri and thus yuri stuff gets thrown into the LGBTQ+ bag. Blame Sentai for not having a yuri tag and using an LGBTQ+ cagtegory
This discussion is about Sentai/HiDive tagging Jelly as LGBTQ+ probably because Mei and MahiKano are interpreted as Lesbians
>>
>>4272905
>Forgetting Kiui was also groping biker boobs with Kano
Why are MahiKanofags like this?
>>
>hating yuri and Manio/Kodama
>>
>>4272913
Nobody hates Manio.
>>
>>4272913
Nobody hates Kodama.
>>
>>4272913
Nobody hates yuri.
>>
>>4272912
Because Kiui was overshadowed by the "maybe NB" thing and a single boob grope scene is still not the kind of stuff that'd put a show in a yuri/LGBTQ+ category. Again, Kuroko is groping Misaka constantly
MahiKano is the closest we come to non-joke/fanservice yuri in that show
>>
>>4272918
MahiKano is a joke. The joke was people thinking it would go anywhere.
>>
>>4272913
But Manio herself hates yuri?
>>
>>4272921
Stop spreading misinformation.
>>
>>4272921
No, she hates Yuri. As in, the bad guy from C&C. Get it right.
>>
>>4272920
You know what I mean, you disingenous fuck. Comedy gags vs serious drama. You not liking the drama or that it's subtext is not relevant here. You should've knwon anyway. Execs will never greenlight maintext originals. WfM was a miracle
>>
>>4272924
>Execs will never allow it!
DogaKobo? The company that literally turned a het VN into yuri. Won't allow it?
>>
>>4272925
>het VN into yuri
What anime?
>>
>>4272927
pretty sure hes talking about koihime (trash)
>>
>>4272868
cant tell if youre saying this because its obviously gay, or if youre just making a joke on the name
>>
>>4272921
Manio loves yuri she would do unthinkable things to girls
>>
>>4272924
The main text saved WfM for me, else it'd go into the same basket with lycoreco and jerry labeled "shit writing in the second half." Main text allowed me to look past the untidy loose ends.
>>
wating for a big yuri romance anime movie to shut everyone up
>>
>>4272934
the fuck is a jerry
>>
>>4272937
a jerryfish
>>
>>4272935
written by Manio.
>>
>>4272937
tom and jerry yuri
>>
>>4272925
Yes. Name me a single maintext yuri original by them
I don't know what was up with that trend of turning het into yuri in the past, but that isn't happening again.
>>
>>4272939
yes please, and it will be aired on nhk-e for all the middleschoolers to see
>>
>>4272687
>shovels
Is the twist that defeated enemies don't magically disappear, and the girls have to hide the bodies afterward?
>>
>>4272945
She was the perpetrator
>>
>>4272943
Kitakawa was officially recommended to elementary schoolers.
>>
There is no point in talking about Dogakobo anymore, now that they have been bought they will become slaves to adaptations, probably isrkai adaptations.
>>
>>4272948
Japan is so based...
>>
>>4272950
>probably isrkai adaptations
sister and giant adaptation? cant wait
>>
>>4272950
Tenten s2? Can’t wait
>>
>>4272920
NTA but the joke is that Jelly was a idol anime that followed idol anime rules so they knew romance was not allowed there
>>
>>4272952
As a matter of fact, Kadokawa bought Dogakobo and Sister and Giant is published by Kadokawa.
>>
>>4272953
Also belongs to Kadokawa
>>
Wtf kabocha is yapping about on twitter
>>
>>4272957
Nothing, learn Japanese.
>>
>>4272948
> 一般財団法人出版文化産業振興財団が主催する「マンガ感想文コンクール2023」は、「マンガを用いて子どもたちの学習や読書を楽しむための入り口に繋げ」ることを理念として、各コミック出版社の協力のもとで青少年の漫画読書を推奨する企画であるが、その感想文を書くためのおすすめマンガとして、なんと『きたない君がいちばんかわいい』が一迅社によって推奨されているのである。
Holy you’re not bullshitting, it actually happened. It’s was actually Ichijinsha that recommended Kitakawa to elementary schoolers… I will forever support Ichijinsha this is incredibly based
>>
>>4272959
source?
>>
>>4272960
https://note.com/utokyo_yuri/n/n80c72bfd7731
>>
>>4272958
Cunt
>>
>>4272962
we love c/u/nt here
she’s just having a great time drawing ch 17 because a certain character is starting to act disinhibited
>>
>>4272954
Being a gimmick idol show but still idol would explain why they went soft on the criticism of the idol industry, not giving Mero or Kano’s mom as much ahit as they should
>>
I don't trust straight women who write yuri.
What is the thought process there?
Terrifying...
>>
File: 1723655280330426.jpg (1.95 MB, 1071x3020)
1.95 MB
1.95 MB JPG
>>4272966
Sure sis it's very scary. Those dastardly straight women must be planning something truly reprehensible.
>>
>>4272966
You don't trust 95% of yuri authors? What is hard for you to understand about people enjoying illustrations of girls kissing?
>>
I lost faith when poeple called doujinshi from a lesbian author "too male gaze".
>>
>>4272972
>People
Lol, is that what we are calling "them" now.
>>
>>4272974
You don't have to bring your delusions into it anon.
>>
>>4272976
Oh anon, I wonder what could you possibly be thinking of in regards to my honest question, why don't you explain to all of us in detail?
>>
>>4272977
fuck off schizo
>>
>>4272961
What are they hoping to achieve by infecting the future of the nation with the Kitakawa virus?
>>
>>4272978
Guess we will never know what made you so mad, what a mistery.
>>
>>4272979
More material for authors to base the stories
>>
>>4272959
>elementary schoolers
does it actually say that? i only saw high schoolers
>>
>>4272968
Source for the image, please.
>>
>>4272984
You can go into the contest page and see it’s all elementary schoolers
>>
File: 1709531271050109.png (215 KB, 1053x779)
215 KB
215 KB PNG
>>4272895
>>4272896
>>4272901
>>4272902
>>
File: sonelwed.png (743 KB, 1071x1510)
743 KB
743 KB PNG
>>4272985
You never read scummy gap?
>>
>>4272928
>trash
*kino
>>
>>4272984
nta but participating schools ranged from elementary school to high school
>>
>>4272941
I suspect back then VN licenses were so cheap in comparison to published works that production companies were buying them in bulks but had no actual idea of what to do with them, since a lot of them were hentai they obviously couldn't faithfully adapt them and in a lot cases the male protagonists of those VNs were just POVs rather than actual characters.
>>
>>4272865
>>urara meirochou
Absolutely. Make sure to read the manga too.
>>
>>4273004
I mean they aren't wrong in saying that it was recommended to the elementary school students, just not specifically.
>>
>>4273004
The fact is it was recommended to elementary schoolers. I don't know what's your problem with this.
>>
File: GU_OEtAa4AIGTqu.jpg (348 KB, 959x1279)
348 KB
348 KB JPG
Is Adachi to Shimamura the (officially) yuri series with most fan artwork?
>>
>>4272941
>turning het into yuri in the past
Nekopara and AoKana are from this decade by the way, so the "past" thing doesn't apply. There may even be more examples and people simply ignore them out of proud ignorance.

>Yes. Name me a single maintext yuri original by them
you miss the point in the dumbest way possible, the fact that something that could perfectly be run of the mill trash but decided to go the yuri route is something to be commended, look at the Blue Archive anime as an example of playing it safe and creating something incredibly mediocre in the process.
>>
>>4273032
But that's all official art?
>>
>>4273033
I see you are just stretching the definition of yuri to fit whatever you want, being an alternative POV to the same scenarios of a het eroge like Nekopara is now yuri
>>
>Q
Is Queen a sexuality?
Bismillah NOOOOOOOO!
>>
>>4273036
Yes of course, I should have said pic not related, it seems to me lately there is even more Adashima artwork than in the last years
>>
>>4273039
>>4273039
idk about that, if you count lycoreco as yuri
>>
>>4273037
in which parts, where the original MC is almost a secondary character whose greatest merit is 2 jokes, a sister perverted by the cat girls or the interactions between the 3 groups of cat girl couples in addition to basically an adopted daughter (original anime character by the way) who also has her potential romantic interest.

I'm only mentioning what I saw in the anime and what actually happened, I have no interest in the original VN, so that anime (which is an OST that mixes ice cream cart music with elevator music) is the only thing that interests me about NekoPara and it turns out there's yuri in there.
>>
>>4273042
>the (officially) yuri series with most fan artwork?
>>
>>4273039
The funniest thing is the stupid accusations from "MG" and what the anime did was increase the yuri art and the fanservice character receives little or no attention, so MG's logic has no real basis and is just complaints from people like the evil fat girl.

>>4273042
yes, any problem?
>>
>>4272727
The one girl who explicitly was a lesbian died by lightning strike. Then the ending caused a ton of rage because Akira didn't win. So it's like they're sweeping these things under the rug by labeling it as if it's a subtext series, that way future readers don't go in expecting anything on the yuri front.
>>
>>4273049
>yes, any problem?
then it would have more fanart than any main text yuri i would assume lol
>>
>>4273051
>a ton of rage
Akirasis, you can stop lying now.
>>
>>4273056
It did. The mangadex comments showed as much.

Though it wasn't just the ending. There were starting to be alot of complaints the series went to shit when Seo as the mastermind was revealed and too much time was spent on the student council members.
>>
>>4273044
The whole anime goes by the same events the games do, you just don't see the story from the male character perspective but from the perspective of the girls, those character interactions also exist in the VN which also contain yuri hentai, but you were never supposed to believe the protagonist isn't fucking them.
>>
>>4273058
>mangadex comments
Do you enjoy sticking your head in the toilet?
>>
>>4273051
It's not a romance series, though the subtext is more on the heavy side.

>>4273058
It's pretty obvious in retrospective the cause of the hiatus was that the series got axed and the author probably settled with the publisher with two more volumes, which of course wasn't enough to give a proper ending, though I suspect the author was just digging himself a hole with how much he was flip flopping with the guy who decided the only use for his powers was to murder little girls.
>>
>>4273049
>The funniest thing is the stupid accusations from "MG" and what the anime did was increase the yuri art and the fanservice character receives little or no attention, so MG's logic has no real basis and is just complaints from people like the evil fat girl.

Can someone explain this post to me?
>>
>>4273060
>So... axed right?
>Can't believe this is the first yuribait yuri manga.
>this feels so shit what a rushed shitty axed ending
>It just ended right there?
>it must've been axed.
>Started strong and ended mid.
>Wow.. Thats it? Pretty weak ending.
>Yeah, axed.
>the fact Michiru was a victim was never brought up by Miho (she stole her phone, after all), which means Prez never had to face it before dying and VP is none the wiser about it... and Chapter 1 was just bait. Strong start, really strong mid around Michiru arc and a bit afterwards, then down the slippery slope. Fucking shit manga, to be honest.
>this really seems like an abrupt stop
>The ending is really rushed
>>
I don't think anyone is really disagreeing the final volumes were a big mess.
>>
>>4273065
It started losing the plot when it started focusing on the male character, and how the series painted him as a good guy after he tried to commit mass murder.
>>
>>4273033
There's no pointl. Other than to stop expecting originals to go maintext. They won't. WFM was an exception.
>BA could've avoided mediocrity with female MC
2 words: Girls Frontline. A lot of the problems with BA anime wouldn't be fixed with female MC and Girls Frontline is a perfect example. I don't even know why you mentioned it in a conversation about anime originals like Jelly. BA is a gacha adaptation. and going for a male MC was a choice made for the fanbase that keeps the gacha alive. Yuri fans are extremely secondary to BA. The main audience of that franchise will forever be male self inserters who want a male MC in the anime
>>
>>4273064
>A ton of rage because Akira didn't win
>None of the comments even mention Akira
See >>4273065
Nobody is saying the ending wasn't rushed. (It very obviously was, considering the amount of plot points that got no resolution) I know people HERE were upset that Akira didn't win, but that's not why the final couple of volumes of Liar Satsuki left a lot to be desired.
>>
>>4273067
Girls Frontline had plenty of issues, but Gentianne wasn't one of them.
>>
>>4273064
>the fact Michiru was a victim was never brought up by Miho
That's 100% in character for Miho.
>>
>>4273066
The author wanted to put him into a grey area yes, but the issue is that the same author also had him laughing like a cartoon villain after he murdered a little girl, so his characterization was all over the place, then he started talking about how he wasn't going to save sensei because saving people just creates a snowball effect and how murdering that person surely would fix it. But no one pointed out to him changing fate by murdering someone of course would also have consequences. This is the reason why I don't believe having 10 more volumes would have helped the author.
>>
It went for 9 fucking volumes and the ending is still rushed? how why
>>
>>4273063
Machine-translated slop from an ESL with a single-digit IQ. That's all you need to know.
>>
>>4273075
Let me tell you about Bleach.
>>
>>4273075
Because the author didn't have an ending in mind and just threw his hands in the air once he was out of ideas.
>>
>>4273070
>Akira got absolutely done dirty by this ending.
>So satsuki really doesnt end up with akira? What a huge let down.
>Pour one out for the Akira fans haha.
>Akirabro here, doing absolutely horrendous here.
>Akira had like, way more bonding and screen time than Komachi yet Komachi's the pairing we're going with? It kind of feels like she barely interacted with Satsuki
>>
>>4273075
There's actually half a volume of denouement after the actual climax, it still feels rushed because people were expecting that to lead into one more climax surrounding the main heroine that was teased at the very start of the series and just never materialized.
>>
>>4273076
I want to know who MG is.
>>
>>4273066
You keep repeating this bullshit every time the series get brought up, and it's just as retarded every time. The idea of him being painted as a good guy is all in your head because you need some retarded excuse to hate on it.
>>
>>4273076
Sure, but this is still not an explanation, I asked for an explanation not your opinion on his post.
>>4273082
Or what his accusations are.
>>
>>4273075
Story-crafting can be hard. It feels like the student council were thrown in so the story could have some antagonists but their ideals were not defined well enough and just started causing alot of problems with the plot. So the story was incohesive for awhile then trying to resolve that mess led to more issues.
>>
>>4273075
It's not so much that the ending was rushed, rather there was no ending. The story just stops without a conclusion to many character arcs as if it had been suddenly axed. It's clear that the author didn't know where to take it from there.
>>
>>4273075
Because you see anon, some authors don't want their serialization to end, which makes sense it's how they pay for the bread on their tables, so they keep stretching and stretching the story and never actually going anywhere, so when they finally get axed they have to rush the ending. You can have manga with 30+ volumes and still get a rushed ending because the author was still betting this wasn't the volume he was going to finally get axed.
>>
>>4273082
>>4273084
Who the fuck knows. That ESL has this retarded tendency to obscure his posts with abreviations and scare quotes like he's talking about fucking Voldemort or something.
You will never get a straight answer from him because he doesn't actually understand a word of English, only the slop Google Translate provides for him, and he seems to be a low-functioning autist anyway.
>>
>>4273082
>>4273084
male gaze, the code word many people use to complain about something they don't like or to try to imply that it's not yuri because they don't like it.

which is funny when you realize that people who openly hate Male Gaze, defend it or it elements without any irony.
>>
>>4273085
The thing that really annoyed me was that just after Michiru died, Satsuki was still treating him the same, including carrying him and making jokes, he was a murderer and she wasn't really angry at him.
>>
>>4273083
>The idea of him being painted as a good guy is all in your head
The chapters spent from the POV of the girl that lusted after him, and crying over him after he finally died are not in my head.
>>
>>4273090
And what does this has to do with Adachi to Shimamura of all things?
>>
>>4273092
>from the POV of the girl that lusted after him
You put the retort to your argument in your own post.
>>
>>4273089
Still not an explanation you fucking retard, if you are going to be useless don't answer.

>>4273092
She cried for like 5 panels and then she came back later to make a speech, she also helped to murder someone and also helped trying to murder Seo, but sure she got away like she did nothing wrong, she learned her lesson lol.
>>
Wasn't the bloody teaser from chapter 1 of Satsuki the nightmare Satsuki had in chapter 25? That would also explain the narration, since it's the chapter that she resolves to save Seo in.
>>
>>4273095
My point is that you shouldn't care about anything that retard writes. Learn to identify his posting style and ignore everything he posts.
>>
>>4273093
because at the time, the anime had complaints about the many times that the anime focuses on thighs or anything erotic, like the girl with glasses and big tits, which at the end of the day is less popular than the main couple (or not popular at all)

You have to consider that Erica the Hutt includes something similar to MG in her rankings and of course, that's a bad thing.
>>
>>4273094
No, because after she went on about how he was a good guy even though he tried to kill a bunch of people Satsuki just stood there and took it instead of telling her to fuck off.
>>
>>4273097
>Another useless post
>>
>>4273098
Ericow's opinions aren't worth the bits they're written on.
>>
>>4273100
A character not acting in the way you would have acted doesn't mean you can just force your retarded interpretation on it.
>>
>>4273098
So your whole post is about an irrelevant audience to yuri?
>>
>>4273100
>Satsuki just stood there and took it
That's pretty much the whole series in a nutshell.
>>
>>4273085
>>4273086
The story makes more sense if you just read the first or first three chapters and then skip directly to 79 when Komachi reveals her deal. Everything in-between is basically irrelevant to the ending and ignores the developments that took place before then and the resolutions they should've got. I agree with the stretching impression, it's like the author only thought of a short story about Satsuki and Komachi with everything else being incidental.
>>
>>4273067
Removing or putting aside the MC may not make the series perfect, but it does present a real improvement, not just BA, but the last 2 Im@s adaptations are ridiculously mediocre by any standard, the "boy" is a dead weight that helps in basically nothing or even more pathetic examples with Fate/Extra and FGO, those cardboard cutouts that the series pretends are protagonists, simply do not work.

>>4273071
>Girls Frontline had plenty of issues, but Gentianne wasn't one of them.
basically this
Something like Alice Gear Aegis Expansion is far from perfect, but it's a much better series than any of those Gacha adaptations that appeal to waifufags without any irony.
>>
>>4273087
Japanese people eat rice, not bread.
>>
>>4273104
How is 'maybe the wannabe mass murderer might just not be a good guy, regardless of what this particular girl feels about him' a retarded interpretation?
>>
>>4273106
She is taking a lot from Komachi in the ending if you get what I mean
>>
>>4273103
The problem is that "she" is in the forefront and many idiots think that she really represents something for the yuri community, when the sad reality is that she is more irrelevant than Kotaku.

>>4273105
Technically yes, and that audience doesn't affect or make something stop being yuri.
>>
>>4273079
Doesn't really seem like "rage"
>>
Personally I had more of an issue with Satsuki rationalizing Komachi helping Seo rig their class to blow up as Komachi being so nice she just wanted to help a marginalized person. Sure, it fits Satsuki's brand of autism but it's also very worrying.
>>
https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/121514339#manga

Original漫画manga百合yuri創作百合original yuri恋愛loveクトゥルフ神話cthulhu mythosニャルラトホテプnyarlathotepコミティアcomitia
>>
>>4273110
>those cardboard cutouts that the series pretends are protagonists, simply do not work.
That's just series with mostly female casts but male MCs in a nutshell, be they game adaptations or not.
>>
>>4273118
She was right though, Komachi is the perfect lesbian wife
>>
>>4273118
Not just that, but it was Komachi that talked to Seo and told Seo how much she liked her old self. It was like she was telling Seo to give up on trying to be a better person. So, in that way, Seo going back to her old ways could be seen as at least partly Komachi's fault.
>>
>>4273121
Then why does she just defend her girlfriend from her father's abuse verbally? Akira would've bashed his skull in.
>>
>>4273123
The bat probably weights more than Komachi.
>>
>>4273122
It was her fault, but Satsuki herself recognized this, Komachi was taking the bad side on purpose because no one ever sided with her
>>
>>4273119
>parody
It's nice but I really want more legit horror yuri
>>
>>4273112
The story never tries to present him as a good guy by any stretch of the imagination.
>>
>>4273146
There was the chapter that he saved Satsuki. And he even felt guilty that Michiru's death made Satsuki so sad. So the story made certain he was never treated as completely evil.
>>
>>4273150
A villain not being 100% evil is not the same as being presented as a good guy, that's just making him a rounded character and not a one-note caricature.
You must be severely media-illiterate if you don't understand something as simple as this.
>>
prez should have been a girl
>>
>>4273167
The messaging in the series was a mess. The final chapter had the teacher narrate that everyone is needed, even people like Seo and the Prez.
>>
>>4273172
He sure acted like one.
>>
>>4273167
NTA but the issue is that the way he is portrayed is very inconsistent from arc to arc, which would been fine if the author was portraying as him having doubts himself, but ultimately it felt like murdering Michiru was just not relevant for either his character or Satsuki.
>>
File: GVB7cm2b0AAmTrX.jpg (380 KB, 1217x1156)
380 KB
380 KB JPG
Uh oh
>>
>>4273167
NTA but tell that to the assblasted shonenfags and to the few people that watched Regalia. Sometimes if you didn't had time or a plan for your villain it's better to keep them as a caricature.
>>
Do we agree that the author should stop pussyfooting and go full yuri from the start in the next serialization?
>>
>>4273180
It amazes me the number of authors that still write what are basically yuri series, stop just short of direct confirmation, and the series is never labeled as yuri in Japan.

That's why Mangadex dropped the yuri tag with Satsuki. There was no confirmation of anything for the leads. And I doubt Komachi called Satsuki's father "dad" is going to budge them on that.
>>
>>4273179
Regalia was great so shut up
>>
>>4273180
>>4273184
Which is curious, because Liar Satsuki was selling around 10k each volume, surely having an actual yuri plot would not have harmed it.

As for the mangadex tag, it's just what some uploader decided, maybe noighd himself, it's not consistent between works, you have stuff that arguably does not even count as subtext with the GL tag.
>>
>>4273185
It was, until they tried to humanize the evil shota that was just a evil shota for 11 episodes, not that it ruined the anime or anything but that part was a waste of time.
>>
>>4273190
I don't even remember him, the thing I remember the most is that the yaya somehow ended with two lolis.
>>
File: keep being lewd.jpg (34 KB, 624x720)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>4273178
Oneeloli SEXO
>>
>>4273173
Which is in line with the series' themes.
>>
>>4273197
With the themes yes, not with the characters.
>>
Has Aniplex ever produced a yuri anime during its entire existence? Like actually greenlit an anime adaptation of a yuri manga or light novel?
>>
Akira was a great character and would love to see more like her in Yuri manga. Komachi was just a boring moeblob with schizo moments.
>>
>>4273205
Go back to learning elementary school math Sao.
>>
>>4273204
I will thrown some names, you decide
>Akebi
>Madoka
>Slow Start
>Nanoha
>Hidamari Sketch
>Naoko San
>>
Komachi absent for like 6 volumes, strange writing.
>>
File: 4kKlgX.jpg (2.2 MB, 2890x2048)
2.2 MB
2.2 MB JPG
>>4273218
She had some appearances, like uuuh that time she pried Satsuki's fingers off a staircase to kill her.

Maybe it's true, they do make for a perfect yuri couple.
>>
>>4273218
The author probably was afraid of having too much of her would affect his plans, but ultimately he just failed to properly integrate her into his side plot and when he realized this it was too late.
>>
Not that the author bias wasn't obvious, this panel came just after Satsuki thinking about hanging in a platonic way with Akira, it's a subtle heart ballon if you can't tell lol.
>>
>>4273211
No, then.
>>
File: GVBgMZkbAAA9Vy8.jpg (784 KB, 2048x1536)
784 KB
784 KB JPG
>>
File: 1501279265720.gif (255 KB, 277x325)
255 KB
255 KB GIF
>>4273229
>>
File: GUybmQ7a0AA1eu-.jpg (1.18 MB, 3840x2160)
1.18 MB
1.18 MB JPG
Shiho goods and Ren goods
>>
>>4273242
>>4273246
>solo shit for waifufags
>>
>>4273248
Most nip twitters I have seen posting those goods are from girls though. Not sure if they relate to them or just want a girlfriend like them, maybe two girlfriends.
>>
>>4273219
Komachads I kneel.
>>
>>4273252
Funny enough some people are saying there was a line to buy those and they were surprised there were that many people buying this.
>>
>>4273252
Because it's female gaze yuri.
>>
File: 1706452573787.jpg (26 KB, 363x266)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>4273229
>>
File: GVA7JcnbAAAFnSj.jpg (237 KB, 1055x1500)
237 KB
237 KB JPG
>Cover looks nothing like the author art
>>
>>4273211
>Nanoha
That's King Records.
>>
>>4273272
The anime yes, some of the movies were produced by aniplex.
>>
I cant be invested in these "trolley problems" strories like satsuki. I only think no human should be in a situation where they have life/death power over other people. Am I too naive and boring.
>>
>>4273279
It's not much of a trolley problem when you literally have the power to stop it.
>>
>>4273281
She's only delaying the inevitable and running away from coming to terms with death. Deaths were getting more frequent and she surrounded herself with psychos she naively forced to get along. Which is why the ending doesn't feel rushed but nonexistent. The story stops the moment she accepts Komachi as her wife without resolving the underlying issues. Komachi is a walking trolley problem and the solution was I'm so in love with this trolley I'll hope I get over my trauma by the time she runs someone over. Ironically for those who said the ending made it not yuri, the ending hides behind yuri to distract you from everything else. And if Komachi had been more consistently a love interest that might have been okay.
>>
>>4273288
WELL ANON you know what? I actually agree with you, it's basically just a happy ending for the sake of having an ending. It would have been far better to have Satsuki actually falling in love with Komachi and having to face the fact allowing Komachi to live would mean allowing other to die and then Satsuki getting mindbroken by it but ultimately finding happiness and confort in death herself, as they walk over the corpses of everyone else
>>
>>4273289
*except Miho who walks away from the massacre unscathed
>>
>>4273290
Mihois too busy eating Akira's mom and no I am not making a joke, she literally is out travelling with Akira's mom in the prologue, Akira got cucked out of a girlfriend and her own mother.
>>
File: 66906680_p0.png (411 KB, 700x764)
411 KB
411 KB PNG
>>4273272
Fuck King Records.
>>
>>4273289
In that type of story, would you say Life Is Strange managed to pull off the choice between everyone else and the love interest better?
>>
File: 1723761776972.jpg (1.15 MB, 2048x1640)
1.15 MB
1.15 MB JPG
Could someone find the source for this? I've tried a bunch of search engines but I can't find it
>>
>>4273298
Sorry anon but I don't own a nintendo playstation so I never played it.
>>
Didnt the liar satsuki author say something about not caring about yuri and just thought it would make an interesting premise or something on twitter? i remember it getting posted here once and people throwing a fit
>>
>>4273302
Nevermind found it
>>
File: Angry Baiser.jpg (88 KB, 1280x720)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
>>4273298
I dropped Life is Strange like a radioactive potato the moment Max said that one Final Fantasy movie was the best ever.
Standards must be maintained!
>>
>>4273307
No, he said he wasn't a yuri reader, later he read a ghost yuri manga that started with a girl killing herself to prove how much she loved the other and said he wanted to write something like that.
>>
>>4273312
It was not that bad.
>>
>>4273298
Unarguably since Max is forced to let either Chloe or the town die and the vast majority of the story focuses on Max's relationship with Chloe. But there's no ideological conflict beyond Max not wanting her BFF/GF to die. Satsuki deals with a wider variety of ethical dilemmas and her story's about personal growth and harem building over helping any particular person, even though both series of events hinge on the MC saving their love interest to start. So structurally I think LiS would always have the edge. It's an interesting comparison.

>>4273307
It was like "yuri isn't my preferred genre to read but I end up finding a lot of it interesting" which is the kind of nothing statement you can expect this thread to run through 100 posts over on a slow day.
>>
>>4273315
Satsuki's issue is that those ethical dilemmas don't really go anywhere. She accepts living with Komachi for now, but admits that she may be forced to kill her in the future. The manga just doesn't go that far.And Satsuki can't save everyone when Komachi's presence can do things like randomly cause their organs to fail, like her father's heart.
>>
>>4273316
I don't think Satsuki can see the dead that cannot be saved.
>>
File: GTFO!!!.png (92 KB, 538x350)
92 KB
92 KB PNG
>>4273314
>>
>western shit
Not yuri.
>>
>>4273320
Correct, but let's not summon the A** from videogames.
>>
>>4273320
You will never be Japanese.
>>
>>4273327
Yes, but his mexican ass does not make western shit yuri.
>>
File: me irl.png (163 KB, 719x255)
163 KB
163 KB PNG
yuri about a japanese lesbean and a mexian lesbean arguing about what yuri is
and they make out
and get married
and jump on the bed too sometimes
>>
https://x.com/mrmk_z/status/1824216599622308320
>>
>>4273242
That shirt's so funny, nobody's wearing that ultra NSFW shirt
>>
>>4273333
Why would they jump on the bed? It's going to break it.
>>4273338
You mean how she got a failed career all she produced in years was a shitty doujin? Oh wait she a few lines of text for YH every month that says nothing of value.
>>
Unrelated, but I love that new eHarmony "Warm Laundry" commercial.
>>
>>4273341
Be careful, thread bobby will get you for this kind of talk.
>>
>>4273338
Nice seeing yumefura getting some shill, that person attracts schizos btw
>>
What is Yumefura?
>>
File: file.png (3.05 MB, 1512x2150)
3.05 MB
3.05 MB PNG
>>4273345
This one
>>
>>4273345
Reject in a dream
>>
>>4273346
LEARN ENGLISH
>>
>>4273308
What the hell? I didn't!
>>
>>4273346
The fact that it says "dumped" bothers me more than the atrocious grammar. "Dumped" means they were dating and broke up, not a rejected confession.
>>
Begun the dream wars have
>>
>>4273341
>bald woman
Ewww sister ewww
>>
>>4273351
We're Shin Kawasaki's 3-Woman Couple Kiss
>>
>>4273352
Life as a pedant must be tough...
>>
>>4273352
Far from the worst crime that's committed to English titles.
>>
>>4273354
Dream wars? Is this the Great Yuri War I have been hearing about? With the yaya uprising and the subsequent yaya genocide?
>>
>>4273365
>the subsequent yaya genocide
Oi, there should be yaya ceasefire. Despite them being yayas they're still lesbians...
>>
>>4273361
Much like being meguca, it is suffering.
>>
>>4273352
I bet you also don't love cloudy weather.
>>
>>4273350
Tourists need to leave.
>>
>>4273363
And I can't believe it's not butter.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
File: 116234913_p0.jpg (582 KB, 1140x928)
582 KB
582 KB JPG
>>
>>
>>
>>4273360
Hey, this was pretty good for the most part.
Is there a version with Nina removed and it is just Subaru and Mmk being rabu rabu with each other?
>>
Poly yuri but one of the girls dies.
>>
>>4273512
poly yuri but the main girl that the other 2 are actually attracted to dies, and the living two have to convince themselves they like eachother
>>
>>4273517
Isn't that the plot to How to Break a Triangle?
>>
>>4273518
not quite
>>
>>4273517
That isn't poly.
>>
File: GVF27G4bcAAF0LC.jpg (285 KB, 1920x1080)
285 KB
285 KB JPG
They postpone the release so they can add more yuri.
source: my cousin's gf working at Aniplex.
>>
File: 154698284956.jpg (76 KB, 845x466)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
>>4273530
>>
>>4273188
>Satsuki was selling around 10k each volume
I don't think a series selling 10k each volume suddenly decides to go print on demand on some unknown site for the last two volumes. They now increased the price of the volumes to 3000 yen, it's fucking crazy.
https://lifetunes-mall.jp/shop/g/gK20240033/
I'm against pre-orders but thank god I pre-ordered it (not that I had any other choice) when it was 990 yen (+ 345 shipping + 500 proxy fee). This is not the treatment you give to a series selling 10k each volume. Volume 7 was 650 yen and it was released normally, then they said fuck you to all the readers who bought the series until then and forced everyone to buy from a single site never heard before.
>>
File: adfa.jpg (132 KB, 1182x729)
132 KB
132 KB JPG
>>4273529
its a type of poly.
>>
>>4273536
it stopped being one when the fucker died
>>
>>4273539
Thats the point
>>
>>4270057
>>4270279
It's sad you can't have fun
>>
>>4269921
Nothing. NareNare, Vtuber, Mayonaka, Deer are all great. Why would I need to drop anything?
>>
>>4273530
It's because they're busy with Monogatari
>>
I havent watched anime in like 5 months.
>>
>>4273547
I personally spend ~8 months/year rewatching shows so I’m always watching something even if there was nothing interesting in the past few seasons
>>
>>4273547
I keep downloading ongoing anime to binge someday but they rarely capture me anymore like manga does.
>>
>>4273552
The trick is to watch them in 2x
>>
>>4273548
>>4273552
some anime have been rotting on my pc for 10+ years
>>
>>4273555
cringe
>>
>>4273535
They actually gave us sales numbers, it's actually a little better than 10k each volume, like 12k each volume, but still ridiculous low, usually the standard series published as yuri sells around 15k to 20k.

The printing on demand IMO is just a consequence of the author fighting with the publisher, basically the publisher fucking with him by saying they will take zero risk in his work.
>>
>>4273555
I’d rather never watch anime again than watch anything in 2x.
>>
File: GVGWsLxa4AAp0RV.jpg (580 KB, 1115x1600)
580 KB
580 KB JPG
>>4269090
Not hot springs, but hot shower is great too. Naoi has a cool plaid shirt, btw.
>>
File: GVGI7o3aEAE68Hh.jpg (169 KB, 1000x1409)
169 KB
169 KB JPG
Can you even call yourselves yuri fans if you're not willing to give your blood for it?
>>
https://x.com/rasuko_okuma/status/1824415822934089831
my girl is going crazy again
>>
>>4273568
We need a list of the most dangerous yuri authors
>>
>>4273568
Oh, is the drama going further than the anime storywise?
>>
File: GVBkelaacAAYRUB.jpg (436 KB, 1927x1084)
436 KB
436 KB JPG
>>4273558
The publisher is only fucking with the readers. If it wasn't posted here before I wouldn't even know I had to preorder the last two volumes on that site. A lot of readers don't know about that and will remain waiting for the last two volumes to be released like the 7 previous ones, so they're just losing money.

>>4273568
I refuse to watch it until the episode will be uploaded. Damn drama in the hands of a single uploader. AyaHiro is late too.
>>
>>4273568
What did she mean by this?
>>
>>4273576
the next part was so funny to me, with her inerting herself like a ghost photo
>>
>>4273576
I hope this is out of context because it looks like a self-insert denying yuri since I don't see Umika -> Yuu and Raimon <-> Haruno.
>>
>>4273581
She's been leaning into the Yuu/Umika/Matataki love triangle for a while as a joke while commentating the live action and she had all four actresses tell her "I love you" during a recent livestream.
>>
i'm afraid many yuri authors are idol fans in the first place
>>
>>4273574
>so they're just losing money.
Yes, they are basically killing potential sales in favor of not risking overshipping.
>>
>>4273583
to be fair that's just very common in general in those barbaric lands of the East
>>
>>4273581
Well she is a woman too, so it's still yuri lol.
>>4273582
>Joke
>Literally every time Yuu and Umika get together you see Matataki seething in the manga.
>>
>>4273568
>>4273576
She is really buiding up this creepy online persona lol
>>
>>4273593
she's cute and a mangaka so it's ok, it's charming
>>
>>4273576
Why is she still naked?
>>
the old women make up manga would a good live action
>>
File: 4355534543-min.jpg (2.21 MB, 1800x8168)
2.21 MB
2.21 MB JPG
Why do western companies hate physical media so much? None of these shows have DVD's or Blurays here yet
>>
>>4273598
mega tldr, Investors and shareholders are cunts
>>
File: phalanx.jpg (819 KB, 1920x1080)
819 KB
819 KB JPG
>>4273595
Pic related.

>>4273589
Self-inserting is not yuri.
>>
>>4269933
>>4270043
It's downright stupid when people answer questions that aren't asked, it's like taking a survey about people's favorite meat and they answer with global warming.

>>What did you drop /u/?
I never drop anything, I'm enjoying everything that has yuri on different levels and by the way I'm really hating what has het even more
>>
>>4273604
>I never drop anything
ive heard a few people say this, and it always baffles me. Surely you would know whether a show interests you by three episodes max
>>
>>4273600
It's the author self insert though, not the reader.
>>
>>4273598
Because not a single person in the west buy BDs
>>
>>4273607
i do :(
>>
>>4273606
Did I stutter?
>>
>>4273604
>>4273605
I also never drop anything, but it’s because I make sure the shows I watch are 100% yuri beforehand
>>
>>4273610
It's just not the same thing, it's not a template, it's literally the female author shipping herself with the seyuus *characters.
>>
>>4273612
i the complete opposite, i drop shows for petty reasons. I dropped burst angel halfway through the first episode because the male self-insert annoyed me, and idropped dragon maid halfway through the first season when the shota showed up for example
>>
>>4273622
>Not when the two faggots showed up
Suspicious
>>
>>4273563
It's basically prostitution. Kudou paid Naoi money to humiliate her. And she looks like her recent self on the page so this could still be happening.
>>
>>4273605
If I pick up something I watch it till the end, even if I hate that piece of shit, if it has sequels I have to watch that piece of shit too, even if I hate every moment of watching it (people complain about Isekai, but romcoms are the real cancer of anime/manga)

>>Surely you would know whether a show interests you by three episodes max
The rule of the first 3 episodes is not a good method in reality, it only gives you a very superficial view of something, the problem is not to discard something with only 3 episodes, but that many people act as experts of that series with only those 3 episodes.

>>4273612
That's like playing a game on easy for fear of "dying", not a problem for yuri series, but a problem for series that have yuri, but whose quality or elements may not be to everyone's liking.
>>
>>4273631
>if it has sequels I have to watch that piece of shit too, even if I hate every moment of watching it
okay but why though
>>
What are some fun kids anime with yuri? I watched Anne of Green gables and like it a lot.
No magical girls please.
>>
>>4273636
He is obviously autistic, this whole discussion is autistic, no one gives a shit about how any of you use your time.
>>
>>4273637
https://youtu.be/uy3Fb51GfdE?si=no5QZpJS6J5z5TuP
>>
>>4273636
In order to have a real understanding of what makes something bad or overrated, many people give judgments in an extreme way, they don't look at something but criticize it (like it happens with yuri almost all the time) but they glorify something based on their biased judgment (like it happens with het all the time)
I want to have a real assessment and have a basis to criticize something, it also helps me enjoy what is decent at worst (but is unfairly criticized)
>>
>>4273644
Have you also tried eating shit or drinking piss?
>>
>>4273645
>drinking piss?
are we talking about an attractive girl?
>>
>>4273563
Obviously Naoi lives in Seattle
>>
>>4273563
>>4273675
the author is the kind of man who googles "how do lesbians dress"
>>
ZenKowa chapter 15 summary. Kurumi and Naoi are hanging out at Kurumi's house. Kurumi's starting to get flustered by her, but things still don't progress on the physical front. Kudou finds Naoi again sometime after the day she spotted her with Kurumi. Kudou guilt trips Naoi and bribes her with money into taking up her role as dom again. Saying it's Naoi's fault that she's like this now. Naoi sprays Kudou with a shower hose in a hotel while both are fully clothed, with Kudou begging to be destroyed more, while Naoi tells her to shut up. Meanwhile, an unstable Kokoro broke into Kurumi's house while she was asleep, presumably molested her while she was sleeping since you see her climbing over a sleeping Kurumi in one panel, and then acts like she's a housewife when Kurumi wakes up and wonders who the hell left food by her bedside.
>>
Psychodekopathy

>>4273576
Why do all the daylight scenes look as if someone cranked the bloom settings to "early 2000s shooter game" levels? And the low light scenes darkened to horror movie?
>>
>>4273689
Wow, Kokoro's going full Misery on Kurumi. I wonder if Kokoro will somehow trap her in the house. There was already the fake dating arc, so I doubt Kurumi would be convinced to go along with her a second time.Plus, Kokoro's obviously schizo at this point. Though it's hard to say what Kurumi's reaction would be if she finds out about Naoi meeting up with Kudou for dom sessions. But in that case, she might just end up physically assaulting Naoi again.
>>
File: 1717369012069569.jpg (1.45 MB, 3345x1600)
1.45 MB
1.45 MB JPG
None of the great yuri shows of the past season were left out of the esteemed editorial staff.
>>
>>4273738
Those are the top 3 yuri anime of last season.
>>
>>4273740
Nah, I only didn't regret watching Seyuu Radio, but Sasakoi even with the bad animation was better than all of them.
>>
File: 1723831618478.png (494 KB, 477x1242)
494 KB
494 KB PNG
>>4101540
>>4154162
>>4203403
>>4255071
>>4260849
>>
>>4273743
Sasakoi's a decent manga and a shit anime. Worse than even Jelly
>>
File: 1717267131709724.jpg (714 KB, 1920x1080)
714 KB
714 KB JPG
>>4273748
You are just weird and a bad person.
>>
>>4273750
They couldn't even finish making it, pal.
>>
Sasakoi is an awful manga and even worse anime
>>
>>4273743
But boobs groping got backpedalled.
>>
File: 2.jpg (165 KB, 944x629)
165 KB
165 KB JPG
>>4273738
Waiting for them to add all of P.A. Works' summer output.
>>
>>4273754
Unlike the others Seyuu Radio didn't end there.
>>
>>4273752
And it's still better
>>
>>4273738
>>
>>4273738
And they took a place of honor alongside other great yuri shows such as Kimi no Na wa, Dungeon Meshi, Kaguya-sama.
>>
>>4273764
At least Kaguya had a kiss
>>
>>4273764
The funny thing is that there have been people on this same board who defend those as yuri and look for any excuse to be right.
>>
>>4273766
>people on the yuri board try to interpret things through a yuri lens whenever possible

Uh, of course. Why are you even posting here if that's weird to you lol
>>
>>4273769
Both Your name and Dungeon Meshi are obvious stretch, Kaguya had actually yuri content that was of course uncommited but not killed.
>>
>>4273771
I'm an embarrassingly big fan of Your Name yet I can't figure out what about it could be remotely interpreted as yuri.
>>
>>4273771
All three are yuri actually.
>>
Is there something like Donald Duck but yuri?
>>
>>4273764
>Dungeon Meshi
Tell that to the people acting like Farcille are the beat gayest thing ever instead of generic mild subtext at best
What I expect from how people talk: Fantasy YagaKimi
What I get: Fantasy MahiKano at best
>>
>>4273775
Yuru Yuri? Unless you are literally talking about walking animals or something
>>
>>4273757
And? When there’s no progress after shitton of volumes, might as well be the same shit
>>
>>4273778
The possibility is still there so you can't say it backpadelled until the end.
>>
File: 8de.png (134 KB, 1198x1200)
134 KB
134 KB PNG
>>4273765
>>4273769
>>4273773
>>
>>4273776
>What I get: Fantasy MahiKano at best
that would imply at least something decent, Dungeon Meshi is about as overrated as mainstream can get, the relationship they espouse is nothing special and what I see in the series is no different than all the other fantasy I've already seen during my life and it's not special enough to really give a shit about.

I even remember reading complaints that the series wasn't as popular as the creators and fans would like, then a comment section filled with people making very harsh excuses.
>>
>>4273771
>>4273772
Popular series are always seen as "positive examples" of things that aren't even in the actual content or aren't as significant as many would like to pretend, remember the professional critic glorifying YoI and shitting on yuri as a genre.
>>
>>4273795
In some cases like the 2.5D girlfriend it was just trolling though.
>>
>>4273802
I think that case is more similar to Dungeon Meshi, what I saw was people omitting a lot of important details, while only mentioning what was convenient for them, not a complete lie but still dishonest.
>>
>>4273738
>>4273764
itsnt the goal to talk about not yuri anime but with some yuri things you can like in them
>>
>>4273802
Not from what I've seen.
>>
>ask non yuri otaku what kind of GL manga they read
>adults, all bisluts/cheating
Hate to see it.
>>
>>4273814
Obviously, this was exactly the intention of the column's author. But unfortunately it did not take into account some peculiarities of mental development of a part of the local public, according to whom the very fact of mentioning in this column somehow equates all the shows mentioned in it.
>>
>>4273829
Is it the fault of the author of the column or similar to all those cases of people complaining about articles and videos just because of the title and not bothering to see/read the whole thing?
>>
File: 121346207_p0.jpg (634 KB, 768x1024)
634 KB
634 KB JPG
>>
File: 121399433_p0.jpg (892 KB, 1536x2048)
892 KB
892 KB JPG
>>
i wish you people had good taste in yuri, like me
>>
>>4273894
shut up Erica.
>>
>>4273927
Well hopefully you don't have the same taste as pie, because she has diabetes.
>>
>>4273829
>this was exactly the intention of the column's author
But all three of those in that image are actual yuri, not "not yuri anime but with some yuri things you can like in them."
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
File: 171906900146223814.jpg (1.35 MB, 1140x1610)
1.35 MB
1.35 MB JPG
>>
>>4274051
irredeemable
>>
>>4273818
>ask yuri otaku what they read
>schoolchildren, all class s, pure fluff
>>
>>4274049
>>4274048
>>4274047
>>4274046
>>4274045
>>4274043
>>4274042
>>4274041
>>4274040
>>4274039
>image spam
>in General Yuri Discussion Thread
what are you trying to discuss sis
>>
>>4274079
How gay your mum is.
>>
File: image (5).png (171 KB, 405x482)
171 KB
171 KB PNG
>>4273738
This art is kinda funny, I like it
>>
>>4272866
As an autist I appreciated all the detailed electronic warfare shit, but you're also completely right.
Most of the piracy actually being insurance fraud is the funniest shit though.
>>
A new thread.
>>4273499
>>
>>4274108
Why is picrel so het
>>
>>4274125
Because there's an autism war being played out over our heads and the midst refuse to do anything about it.
>>
Just make a new thread instead using obvious schizo op one
>>
>>4274183
Mods will delete the newer thread and force the one with the hetshit OP image because it's the one made earlier. Any newer thread made after that will be considered spam and deleted
Gotta wait until that thread reaches post or image limit and goes down the pages
>>
>>4274202
Just report and dont use the bait thread you fag
>>
>>4274253
>if you report the mods will magically take down the thread
There is no rule against fanart of hetshit as OP pictures, so the thread is fine by the mods. Stop being a retard. People will use the thread eventually, since there can't be another. Mods will only delete the thread if it's made early
>>
>Kanojo ga Onii-chan ni Nattara Shitai 10 no Koto

Not to judge a manga by its title but is it really worth reading? Does it get any better later?

Also, why older brother anyway, don't see much difference from older sister
>>
>>4274273
There should be.
>>
>>4274329
It's just roles, but ultimately it doesn't matter, it's just your typical CGDCT but with some explicit yuri
>>
>>4274332
Not really.
>>
>>4274329
>Also, why older brother anyway, don't see much difference from older sister
It's wackier and therefore more attention-grabbing that way.
>>
>>4274342
Why not? This is the yuri board.
>>
>>4274346
Which is precisely why such a rule would be retarded, it would place an arbitrary limit on the kind of yuri that can be posted.
>>
>>4274350
No, it would prevent not yuri to be posted
>>
File: 1626744758959.png (289 KB, 522x797)
289 KB
289 KB PNG
>>4274361
>>
>not a single yuri anime next season
>will still somehow find a way to procrastinate watching stuff from my backlog
cant wait
>>
File: 1723908711100.jpg (521 KB, 1080x2727)
521 KB
521 KB JPG
Yuniko sure has a lot of oneesan-tachi who take her to restaurants.
>>
>>4274363
>no argument
>>
>>
File: GUiJvJGbkAAqS7R.jpg (548 KB, 2048x2048)
548 KB
548 KB JPG
>>
File: 107157908_p1.png (2.21 MB, 2648x2394)
2.21 MB
2.21 MB PNG
>>
>>4274361
Yuri fanart is still yuri. Even if the source is the most het show ever
>>
Let's look at the fanart issue another way: Imagine fanart of the YagaKimi girls kissing guys. No one would say the fanart is yuri because the source is yuri.
Same applies to fanart of girls kissing and fucking girls even if they're het in the source. No one'd say such images are het
>>
>>4274470
It's fine to post yuri fanart and doujin of het series, the issue is posting screenshots like they were doing with Hibike and trying to gaslight other users there was any yuri content there
>>
>>4274473
There's some yuri subtext between some of the older pairs, not Kumiko and Reina.
>>
>>4274479
While I disagree, the posts in question were all about Kumiko and Reina.
>>
>>4274479
Even those couples are mediocre at best, just overrated garbage inflated by hype.
>>
>>4274482
What's bad about them?
>>
>>4274484
There is no romance, it's literally girls being drama queens over trivial shit.
>>
>>4274484
>>4274487
>it's literally girls being drama queens over trivial shit.
It's worse when you realize that's completely intentional.
Another thing people have to accept about eupho is that this is nothing more than a waifu series.
>>
>>4274487
The drama in question is the girls trying to get the attention of another girl they're interested in. And in a series that represents the romantic relationship of the main character and her male love interest with a hairpin, it's suspect that girls like Asuka and Kaori also have matching hair accessories as well.

>>4274491
The novels weren't intended to appeal to that crowd.
>>
>>4274491
The original novels were not meant to be a waifu series, but the anime definitely went for this angle.
>>4274492
It's just the author writing style, romantizing every single little thing so you think they are more important they actually are meant to be.
>>
>>4274503
The author has also written yuri and never gave them male loves like she did with the majority of the girls, so it's possible that's what she meant as well.
>>
>>4274506
>never gave them male loves
Her second "yuri" story literally had one of them married to a man.
>>
>>4274506
The author wrote yuri because she was invited for a yuri anthology full of non yuri authors were half did in fact not write yuri at all, though to her credit she did, but the point is even in that story she is very consistent in portraying romance in the same tone as she did in Hibike and not just girls obsessing over nothing.
>>
>>4274492
>>4274503
>>4274511
>>4274512
Don't reply to ESL retards, please.
>>
>>4274511
He is talking about the girls from Hibike (not Kumimo or Reina)
>>
File: 1698427768072585.png (1.13 MB, 882x1080)
1.13 MB
1.13 MB PNG
>>4274511
Cheating yuri exists. If anything, this is just the first before a writes a corrective novel where Kumiko finally breaks up Shuichi.

>>4274512
And she said that she was more suited to this theme than she thought and wanted to write about it further.

>just girls obsessing over nothing
The bulk of Asuka/Kaori isn't really about that though.
>>
>>4274515
>Cheating yuri exists
Yes, KyoKano. But what you're talking about is cheating bishit.
>>
>>4274515
Anon, the bulk of her writting is, this is the main issue here, every fucking thing is dramatized to the point it's impossible to argue in any way.

Call me when she works in a yuri serialization and not a page of text.
>>
>>4274518
Two bisexual women in a relationship with each other is a lesbian relationship
>>
>>4274521
No, it's not and it's not yuri.
>>
>>4274520
>it's impossible to argue in any way.
So you at least concede that it's possible, which is all I'm arguing for.
>>
>>4274524
Yes it is lol
>>
>>4274528
It's just too little, you could argue the same of any two female friends with no boyfriends, can you ship them? Yes. Can you interpret those interactions as subtext when they are nothing special in comparison to even the protagonists who do not end in yuri? Personally I find it a stretch, though no one can talk for the author.
>>
File: 1712077544289356.jpg (158 KB, 1280x720)
158 KB
158 KB JPG
>>4274532
>you could argue the same of any two female friends with no boyfriends
How many female friends live together in anime and have no male love interests?

>hey are nothing special in comparison
They are certainly more affectionate than Kumiko/Shuicihi's relationship. Also it's funny that you bring up Kumiko/Reina's relationship, when even Asuka thinks that they're dating.
>>
>>4274537
>How many female friends live together in anime and have no male love interests?
There are several examples, but the difference is that they are better (although even worse) managed, but many share a small detail that everyone ignores, which is that it is something temporary.

>>They are certainly more affectionate than Kumiko/Shuicihi's relationship.
That's the problem, shoe is considered something genuine and undeniably romantic, but that's something it shares with the vast majority of het relationships, 2 characters without chemistry that the plot tries very hard to make a couple.
Still, Het in Eupho is the only answer, as stupid as it sounds.
>>
>>4274542
The fact that you didn't name any isn't a good sign but nothing about their living arrangements makes it think that its temporary. The fact that they're still together after high school is a already strange enough.

>shoe is considered something genuine
I actually got the opposite interpretation. I remember reading the author's words somewhere about how she wanted to show that female relationships were more important than romantic ones with guys, which is why Reina gets better with the help of Kumiko's friendship and her crush on Taki only seems to hold her back.
>>
>>4274548
roommates, it is something that many series (not just anime) do especially when the characters are in college, it is even a recurring fact in real life, there are also other cases of adults and people with jobs who live in the same house because it is cheaper that way.

>>I actually got the opposite interpretation.
You are wrong, in short and as it may sound, what she was trying to say is "friendship lasts longer than love" not the exact words, but that is the point, those relationships are important, but they were never intended to be romantic, it is similar to considering that the memory of a person is more important than being with that person.

This series does not deserve any kind of dedication or devotion, it is similar to the original Im@s games (not the anime) no matter what the fans want or pretend, this is Het.
>>
>>4274550
Yes roommates exist, but I'm talking about roomates that are emotionally close and never show interest in guys, which is a much smaller subset.

>no matter what the fans want or pretend, this is Het.
I don't think I've said that Kumiko/Reina's relationship in Hibike is yuri. I even described it as friendship. We're talking about one relationship that doesn't have any external heterosexual (or separation in the case of Mizore/Nozomi) elements involved.
>>
>>4274537
>How many female friends live together in anime and have no male love interests?
And sharing a dorm is a relevant qualifier because? You can also ask me to find two girls who don't have male love interests and are participating in a chess tournament and it would be as relevant.

>They are certainly more affectionate than Kumiko/Shuicihi's relationship. Also it's funny that you bring up Kumiko/Reina's relationship, when even Asuka thinks that they're dating.
Because again, this is exactly how the author writes, she romantizes friendship and writes mundane boring romances that are basically both characters playing the role of girlfriend and boyfriend for the sake of characterization and plot.
>>
>>4274557
The girls in the tournament wouldn't be emotionally close like Asuka/Kaori, who are living together despite going to different universities, which takes some coordination and management on their part rather than being out of convenience if they went to same one. In fact, she has to beg Asuka so that they can live together.

>https://dic.pixiv.net/a/中世古香織#h3_9
>「私、ここまでほかの誰かと仲良くなりたいって思ったことなかったの。一生で、多分あすかだけ」
>親愛以上のものをあすかから欲するために彼女のそばにいることを願い、彼女を独占することにささやかな優越感を覚えるようになっている。
You can see that there's clearly a selfish aspect to her love.

>「あすかへの想いは友情以上のものがある」
Even KyoAni thinks that there's more to the relationship than friendship.
>>
>>4274571
Oh yes, only living together you can be emotionally close, just stop. Every fucking thing just circles back to how the author writes, she would write friends confessing their love to each other and then marrying different people.
>>
>>4274576
You ignored the fact that KyoAni confirmed there was more than friendship there, so they agree with my interpretation of their relationship over yours. And this is a studio that isn't too fond of yuri (and had the author's blessing when writing this).

>久美子も彼女たち二人の関係性を探ることは「危険な一線を越えそう」として控えるようにしている。
Even Kumiko in the original novels feels that their relationship is ambiguous enough to make a comment on it. So in universe, it's ambiguous.
>>
>>4274581
No anon, you are confusing what I am saying, I am not saying it does not look romantic to you or for other characters in the story, I am saying this is consistent with how the author always writes and this includes her other works too, it looks romantic on purpose, it's literally the point of her writing, to spice fucking rice.
>>
>>4274588
Well if it looks romantic, there's more to the relationship than just platonic feelings, and there's nothing to contradict that it's romantic, then maybe it is romantic. Kumiko and Reina's relationship is never said to be ambiguous in contrast.
>>
>>4274600
No, it just means it looks romantic, whether it's really romantic or not is anyone's guess because the author portrays every friendship in a emotionally disonest way because this way she can create drama from nowhere.
>>
>>4274604
Well, KyoAni took a guess and the author didn't correct them, so that would make it lean more in that direction.
>>
>>4274607
Did they? There is a whole universe of bullshit words they can come with between more than friends and lovers, but guess what they don't need to because anyone who ever asked about it just got ignored.
>>
File: 1703658397838788.jpg (3.88 MB, 2232x2365)
3.88 MB
3.88 MB JPG
>>4274610
This wasn't in response to someone who asked during in an interview but in an official BD booklet.
>>
>>4274617
Yes, this is what I am saying to you, they already gave you a non answer, they won't give you more.
>>
>>4274636
>it's a non-answer because I say so
You're only arguing for the worst possible interpretations because you don't want to be compared to the delusional people who thought Reina/Kumiko were gay. There is more than enough evidence, from the series to the creators, to suggest something more than friendship is going on. The same arguments you're making could be applied to any subtext yuri series.
>>
>>4274642
Yes anon, because this is inherently of subtext which is interpretative and subjetive by nature, as long it remains subtext it will always have deniability, the only thing that changes is the context provided and how plausible it sounds to the reader and this is the point I am making to you all along, when the author writes everything looking romantic, even when it in fact is disproven by story itself, it puts in question any portrayal of the characters which looks romantic.
>>
May all Hibike discussions last into the next century
>>
File: 1714040241547182.jpg (888 KB, 1283x722)
888 KB
888 KB JPG
>>4274647
>even when it in fact is disproven by story itself
All of those romantic-looking friendships were shown alongside their heterosexual love interests. There was no sudden rug-pull. If she was going for that, they would have made it explicitly clear it was friendship from the beginning like the others.
>>
>>4274669
I meant in regards to the protagonists, once the author already showed that the portrayal of those emotions is disonest it inherently becomes a counter argument for every else, whether it's really the case or not is not the point.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>4274671
Visually it might be dishonest, but not narratively because of the aforementioned love interests.
>>
>>
The episode is finally out and there is a bad alien in it.

https://youtu.be/9l3WxpYTZz0?t=2354
>Should I give her my water? It's a special, yellow water though"
>she's talking about beer
Y-yeah, that's what I was thinking about, it couldn't be anything else

I thought at the end she went "yobai!" but it went full horror.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
File: 171906900146223814.jpg (1.19 MB, 1140x1619)
1.19 MB
1.19 MB JPG
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>4276276
>>
>>
>>4276278
>>
>>4276280
>>
>>
>>
>>4276283
>>
>>
File: 171906900146223814.png (1.47 MB, 1140x855)
1.47 MB
1.47 MB PNG
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
File: 120107602_p0.jpg (322 KB, 492x650)
322 KB
322 KB JPG
>>
File: 120107602_p1.jpg (779 KB, 728x750)
779 KB
779 KB JPG
>>
File: 120107602_p2.jpg (962 KB, 1020x800)
962 KB
962 KB JPG
>>
File: 120107602_p3.jpg (511 KB, 502x800)
511 KB
511 KB JPG
>>
File: 120107602_p4.jpg (739 KB, 1174x685)
739 KB
739 KB JPG
>>
File: 120107602_p5.jpg (354 KB, 800x530)
354 KB
354 KB JPG
>>
File: 120107602_p6.jpg (603 KB, 606x1297)
603 KB
603 KB JPG
>>
File: 120107602_p7.jpg (582 KB, 1011x791)
582 KB
582 KB JPG
>>
File: 120107602_p8.jpg (409 KB, 653x600)
409 KB
409 KB JPG
>>
File: 120107602_p11.jpg (487 KB, 698x1079)
487 KB
487 KB JPG
>>
File: 120107602_p13.jpg (291 KB, 750x500)
291 KB
291 KB JPG
>>
File: 120107602_p14.jpg (469 KB, 494x600)
469 KB
469 KB JPG
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
File: GVYvPpZWwAA_3_L.jpg (455 KB, 1333x2000)
455 KB
455 KB JPG

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.