[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: pepe-why-pepe-the-frog.gif (1.26 MB, 640x640)
1.26 MB
1.26 MB GIF
The Xbox 360 is retro
>>
>>680561830
It's been for quite a while.

Not sure if the games count as retro since you can download them and play them on modern consoles and systems, but the 360 is a piece of garbage.
>>
File: IMG_0025.gif (67 KB, 814x747)
67 KB
67 KB GIF
God damn I fucking hate zoomers so much it’s unreal.
>>
>>680561830
it's not retro
>>
>>680561830
this but unironically
>>
>>680561938
>Not sure if the games count as retro since you can download them and play them on modern consoles and systems
Yeah bro you're right, I'm about to fire up Super Mario Bros. on my Switch. Sure it's a 40 year old game but it's not retro because I'm playing it on my Switch.
>>
>>680561830
>online and dlc faggotry is retro
No it is not nor will it ever be
>>
no and I don't care what retards say
ps1 is still barely retro, just need a few more years, maybe a decade
>>
>>680562039
Soft-retro at least. Once it's 20yo you can't deny it.
>>
>>680561830
ur mum is retro
>>
fr retro be bussin these days no cap
imma be rizzin with retro yo
>>
>>680562020
Will you stop hating me if i let you cum in my mouth?
>>
What year will the PS4, Xbone and Wii U be retro?
>>
>>680562105
Yeah pretty much. I was talking about titles like Gears of War running at 4k on a PC.
>>
360 isn't "retro" anymore than N*Sync is "oldies"
>>
>>680563130
Around 2033
>>
>>680562261
Yes you can. Why can't you?
The years are only the medium through which events build on each other and things become superceded. If there are no events, or no new things, whatever it is stays current.
If the entire planet was cryogenically frozen for 30 years and everything resumed where it left off the day of the unfreezing, would the PS5 be retro? No, it wouldn't.

The point is not much has happened, relatively. "20 years ago" in 2005 meant A LOT MORE than "20 years ago" means in 2024. That's just a fact. Cultural and technological progression has stagnated. The only thing that's accelerating is social, economic, and health decline, but that's not relevant to video game consoles.

We really are not that "far" from the 360. In years, yes, but in terms of console technology, game technology, and cultural relevance, the 360 may as well have been 10 years ago at most. Everything still plays the fucking same, looks the fucking same (if it looks better then it performs worse), and we keep rehashing and "remastering" the exact same IPs.
>>
>>680563687
I don't care about your feelings. Either over 20 years old stuff is retro or nothing is.
>>
>>680564083
I don't care about your feelings. Everything is retro on a variable scale of time.
>>
>>680564083
Can you connect a xbox 360 to a modern tv? no ? it's retro.
>>
>>680564083
it's old but not retro, retro doesn't just mean old

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.