[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: wadh1111.jpg (55 KB, 842x322)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
What causes this kind of behaviour? Stop guild hopping, no one likes you.
>>
why didn't you say hi
>>
Hell yeah hopping based
>>
>>681375090
Somebody looking for a clan that actually talks. If I introduce myself and nobody bothers to reply why would I stay
>>
>>681375090
why are you playing raid shadow legends? do you have single digit iq?
>>
>"Yooo join our guild its social and active!"
>Join
>Dead silence
>Leave
>>
File: irc.png (323 KB, 598x777)
323 KB
323 KB PNG
HOW DARE THIS FAGGOT TRY TO USE A CHATROOM TO TALK WITH OTHER HUMAN BEANS
IGNORE HIM AT ONCE
>>
>>681375198
>spending $1000 a month on raid shadow legends is bad, because it just is okay?
>>
>>681375245
discord is cancer
>>
>>681375245
yea
>>
>>681375245
If this was such a common thing why did he need to create a representation of it in ms paint? why not just use a screenshot of a "dry as fuck" discord chat?
>>
>>681375090
It's not always guild hoppers. Whenever someone new joined to our guild we went for really racist tirades to filter them, pic in OP happened to about half of time.
>>
>>681375431
that would be witchhunting, sweetie.
>>
>>681375090
>What causes this kind of behaviour?
You didn't even say hello back, are you retarded?
>>
>>681375194
>>681375201
>>681375937
>5 minutes
Zoomzoom
>>
>>681375245
same thing happens in /v/ too
>>
>>681375245
throw in some groomers and other fags who have to talk about their fetishes every 5mins and youve got every discord server ever look
>>
File: chad pose.png (344 KB, 750x920)
344 KB
344 KB PNG
>>681375090
>Joins the clan
>says hello
>leaves the clan
>>
>>681376985
if it takes you more than 5 minutes to write hello then it's not good clan
>>
>>681375090
He didn't have someone reply within 8mins, which I guess is fair if he is looking for a terminally online social guild
>>
>>681378183
Even if it takes him a minute to type out each letter, he still should've had time to respond. OP is a faggot for ignoring this guy.
>>
File: 5352.jpg (57 KB, 854x480)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>681375245
>Brother insists I join his discord to help his friends with computer shit
>A week goes by with no contact
>Get pinged in the chat FINALLY
>Discord locks itself and demands I give them my phone number
>>
>>681375937
cope
>>
File: 1638607809530.gif (1.07 MB, 500x500)
1.07 MB
1.07 MB GIF
>play online game
>no one says anything
>community servers are dead
>steam groups are dead
>join a clan
>no one says anything
>>
>>681375090
it was always funny to me when i played xiv and people would do this and go to another guild thinking it would be different. the sad fact was you were probably not going to have a good time in that regard in that kind of game without someone you were playing with regularly
>>
>>681379425
Power Bomberman threads are like that. It feels like you're playing against literal bots
>>
>>681379564
The issue is the same as in real life. Autistic spergs don't know how to socialize online either, so it ends up in silence.

t. autistic sperg
>>
>>681379425
become discord tranny
embrace being discord tranny
>>
>>681375201
They are all on discord, not reading chat
>>
>>681375201
When they say social and active they mean in discord
pains me to say it but I think MMOs are going to have to start integrating discord directly
>>
>>681379869
>They are all on discord, not reading chat
But when you join the discord no one speaks for hours
>>
>>681375245
I feel the best course of action for us to combat this is to swing back to what shit used to be: return to physical gathering, at very least with people you know
This drought in particular is everywhere
>>
>expecting replies at 10 am in the fucking morning
these people need a life. other people aren't put on this earth for the sole purpose of amusing you, fucking psychopaths
>>
>>681380017
They're all in a secret voice channel that you can't see
>>
>>681380080
I wonder if people are too distracted by entertainment to pay attention to each other.
>>
I'm too old for Discord, it just came up suddenly without me noticing. Is it some kind of modern day IRC or more like Teamspeak/Ventrilo?
>>
>>681375245
That's most discord servers yeah, just multiple streams of blog posting because people want to talk about themselves, not start up a conversation with someone else.
>>
>>681383235
Some threads on 4chin are like that too.
>>
>>681383235
>>681383310
many threads on /vg/ are like this, going so far as to not link other replies. lots of off-topic stream-of-consciousness posts as well, all of it extremely brief (less than tweet length). real manchild behavior.
>>
>>681375090
If it's an active community and people are chatting actively in the chat and you get ignored then fuck em
If it's a game like whatever OP is and the average player is probably some 9-5 guy stuck at work who can't live on the game chats 24-7 then fuck you for needing immediate social interaction
>>
>>681383310
Yeah but here you can call them niggers without getting banned
>>
>>681379949
I will end your faggot life
>>
>>681382305
>Is it some kind of modern day IRC or more like Teamspeak/Ventrilo?
Second, no idea why people hate Discord that much.
>>
>>681383459
Most people open up threads here and on /vg/ because they see the OP topic and want to share their own thought on something. Reading 300+ replies to get caught up on a current conversation is something definitely only done by a minority of people.
>>
>>681381930
This is the most kino title and book cover ever produced.
>>
>>681384036
oh boy that's really not how they use it. they definitely spend their time there, memorizing all the drama, speaking only in inside references. all the autistic clique shit.
>>
>>681384036
Anon, one of the big reasons /vg/ is bad is precisely because people DON'T do that
No one shows up to /vg/ and goes "wow, I see a general I've never been to, but I know that game, I will go there!" it doesn't happen, a general's population is 95% people who have been there for years and know all the namefags and in-jokes. And because most games are unsustainable as 24/7 sources of discussion, those generals always turn to rancid social shit where people want to start flirting with each other and turning the discussnio towards themselves.
>>
>>681384076
Art Deco Presents: Man vs Society
>>
>>681385618
Yup even the indie and misc catch all general that should presumably have tons of posters coming and going all the time just has one guy repeating the same few conversations with himself for years now. Not to mention that most of the generals are for live service or gacha games which you aren't just going to drop in on unless you're a coomer.
>>
>>681385618
I wonder how many unique posters there really are on 4chan and what the post ratio between them looks like. It seems that a small number of people is responsible for the majority of activity on any board.
>>
>>681375090
>Ignoring a new clan member
You got what you fucking deserved!
>>
>>681386612
Well avg unique ips seemed to be dropping across the site right before they got rid of the unique ips counter so it's got to be pretty bad at this point especially because the only real defense against constant samefagging is to just leave the site.
>>
>>681375090
Buy an ad FAGGOT
>>
>>681375090

>See guild spamming in general chat for people to join guild
>Msg asking if the guild is actually active, guy replies yes. Tells me to sign up and apply on discord
>After doing that crap, ask if anyone wants to team up and do something
>Only replies are "not now, i'm watching something, my kids are over can't"
>Discord chat is just them all talking about their personal lives or streaming shows they like. Talking to themselves.
>Leave

Fucking stop this shit.
>>
>>681386612
>It seems that a small number of people is responsible for the majority of activity
That's how it is on any social media site. For every rando who posts maybe 5 times a month there is an obsessive autist who posts 20 times a day. Most threads are made by the same people while most others simply participate in them.
Individual people with a lot of free time can drive internet conversation in stronger ways than you may think. You just need to have the energy and commitment, which most people don't have.
>>
>>681387343
At least that's what they think until the hundred different overlapping slop psyops from neets with zero theory of mind adds up to a net cacaphony of nonsense and everyone leaves the site en masse.
>>
>>681383590
Discord swallowed up traditional forum-based game discussion. If you want any chance of finding a place to discuss games that isn’t Resetera or /v/, discord is where you have to go. The problem with discord is that most communities are held hostage by fags and you will often find that most communities devolve into weird sexual shit that leads to grooming or gooner groups.
>>
>>681379425
>Attempt to liven up the global chat
>Succeed
>People are talking with you and arguing with you and befriending you
>You also help dozens of new players with explanations of various mechanics
>But oh no, hwat's this?
>It's a transgender chat moderator!
>You have just been banned!
>Hop onto the game from a burner a month later
>3 silent autists that you knew when you still played are quitely grinding up some autistic shit
>Some newbie asks for help
>Chat is dead and noone helps him
>He quits
This is what your complacency led to. I died standing while you will live on kneeling.
>>
>>681387343
There's a rule in information science called Pareto principle that states that 20% of a group will produce 80% of the activity, regardless of how the activity is defined. Your post reminds me of that.
>>
>>681387521
Twitter is still one of if not the biggest site in the world.
This place, despite being a shadow of what it was, still downstreams culture, even if it's dogshit "culture" like soijaks and their cousins.
Do not confuse quality with effect. Just because everything sucks doesn't mean what I said isn't true, it just means the people with the drive to cause change all suck.
Just look at you. Do you think the word "slop" entered your vocabulary naturally? No it didn't. Someone with the drive to make it a thing made it happen. Same with boomer and all its offshoots. Someone had the drive, and he succeeded and the entire internet changed because of it.
>>
>>681388029
Slop is an over 4 year old meme now, soijaks are far older than that. Hard to deny that current 4chan is failing to come up with anything coherent and a large part of that is you just have too many cooks in the kitchen, everyone wants to be the meme guy who spammed the meme that everyone else started using and it adds up to nothing.
>>
File: traffic.png (204 KB, 1057x725)
204 KB
204 KB PNG
>>681380080
The older I become, the more I want to go outside and interact with real people. Online interaction feels more worthless with every passing year.
>>
>>681388346
>4 year old
how does this counter what I said
do you think 4chan was not shit 4 years ago? do you think that phenomenon you're talking about was not in effect 4 years ago?
>>
>>681388454
Yes I think even compared to a year ago this sites ability to create fresh culture and OC has seriously degraded.
>>
>>681380663
I've been in these room, its usually admin and his groom playing together because someone is mad as someone.
>>
>>681388376
can't relate, 3dpd will always and forever be true and real life people suck even more cocks than any online interaction possibly can
>>
>>681388620
Correct.
>>
>>681388513
i cant remember the last new meme to come from 4chan, everything i see here is twitter and reddit reposts

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.