[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_0783.jpg (382 KB, 3509x1601)
382 KB
382 KB JPG
Compared to the past?
>>
>>681389128
Zoomers and gen alpha are mobilefags
>>
>>681389128
>No games of value besides Nintendie post gen 8.

>Game prices

>Exclusives are pratically dead besides Nintendo

>Last gen can still play games on release with exceptions.

>Older games are better
>>
>>681389128
You can see that Nintendo is loosing money on the table combining both of their divisions into one. The switch can’t really beat the Wii + DS sales. I’m pretty sure Nintendo is making movies to try and expose themselves to more people just like back then.
>>
there's only 3 consoles/handhelds on market when in that past was like 5 or more
>>
>>681390139
switch made more profits than past console combined retard
>>
>>681389128
cause in the past consoles doubled as other things like CD players
PS2 was basically the best and the cheapest DVD Player in the market for almost all its life spam.
PS3 were some sort of entertainment center when DVD/ BD were still the main way to watch movies at home before the full on advent of Streaming.
>>
>>681389128
DS and Wii targeted a different audience that is never coming back. Even my mom bought a DS for Brain Training, we owned a family Wii for Wii Sports and Just Dance. The Switch kinda achieved the same thing with Animal Crossing during COVID, but nowhere near the same level (ie, my sister and her friends bought a Switch for that game, but not my mom).

The core audience isn't growing, it's been stagnant since the mid 2000s. So they aren't selling less, they're selling the same + some games become popular with turbonormies randomly from time to time. But this audience isn't reliable.
>>
File: 1698283938199359.png (169 KB, 1339x510)
169 KB
169 KB PNG
>>681389968
FPBP. Remember when a new console generation was a milestone breakthrough? Better graphics, better music, bigger games, new tech? Now console generations last 8 years a piece and bring nothing new to table except for some diminishing increases in graphics. People play the same games they played 10 years ago. No wonder young zoomers and alphies couldn't form any attachment to game boxes, for all intents and purposes they're just computers for retards now.
>>
>>681389128
Looking at that chart it seems like it’s just the DS and Wii casuals that mostly left gaming and the Switch only retained like half of them. Otherwise it’s mostly the same with Sony absorbing a chunk of Xbox’s player base.
>>
>>681391062
>new tech
zoomers have not been alive when "tech" meant anything more than graphical fidelity.
>>
>>681389128
most "exclusives" come to PC anyway, massive rise of streamers and that requires a PC (PC gaming in Japan multiplied thanks to vtubers), general drop of both quality and quantity of console games.
There's literally no reason to buy a console right now unless you're a tendie, and even then there's plenty of emulators to choose from.
>>
Why would I? It's an established industry and there is nothing new to do with them. They are already established, and there is no new tech that can bring anything interesting.

A smart, talented, creative person might look at video games and say "why bother putting effort to become a commercial whore?"Literally everyone with talent doesn't bother with this shit anymore like they did in the past.

Everything that releases has already been done, and the new stuff is usually done / worse with predatory practices such as FOMO and piles of microtransactions.
>>
>>681390257
Isn’t selling as much units thoughever as the both of them combined.
>>
mankind evolved into avoiding the NOGAMES

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.