[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: shitpost.png (80 KB, 800x800)
80 KB
80 KB PNG
Why do evil, sadistic game devs do this shit?
>>
bump
>>
>>681400984
All the lonely people, where do they all come from
>>
>>681398939
>every playthrough is unique and personal to each player
this is the stupidest thing i've ever heard. any "game dev" that does this should be forced to get a real job
>>
>>681398939
Same reason why they don't give you options for pausing the game or manually saving at any time: They don't want you to have control of your game. Faggot fanboys will tell you to play through the whole game X times to see all its content even though the game itself is hundreds of hours long.
>>
Elden ring dlc is like this.
you need 3 playthroughs to get all the items

Evil devs
>>
>Shit outcome with no long term effect
>Slightly less shit outcome with no long term effect
>The objectively best outcome for everyone with a long term effect
Maybe devs should learn how branching paths should play out.
>>
>>681398939
is this an achievable natty?
>>
>>681401632
New Vegas and Baldur's Gate are some of the best games of all time though
>>
>>681402175
>>681402175
Yeah if you're noob maybe
>>
IMO, the best way to have your game discussed online for decades is to have political factions where a choice between them is essentially meaningless beyond story flavor. Make the material rewards so varied and difficult to compare or utterly pointless so that everyone can get whatever build/item they want regardless of choice so that it purely comes down to ideological arguments as to which faction is "better".
>>
Stellaris be like:
>>
I don't understand what point you're trying to convey, remake it as a wojak
>>
>>681402795
fr fr
>>
File: 1628037311423.png (1.34 MB, 826x738)
1.34 MB
1.34 MB PNG
>>681398939
>i want to lock out half the game's content depending on ambiguous dialogue choices and the only way to experience the stuff you missed is to replay the whole thing all over again
Yeah that seems like a pretty shitty thing to do. Just an awful way to artificially increase play time.
>>
>>681403176
see >>681402175
>>
File: 1000000531.jpg (195 KB, 1009x704)
195 KB
195 KB JPG
See the issue is that intent is all well and good but when you make multiple endings, a lot of folks don't have the chops to avoid making The One True Ending. I don't count stuff where there is a literal true ending as the other endings are considered to be Bad Ends in some way and are typically pieces of a greater puzzle. I mean games where there's multiple endings with a perception of them all being equally valid but with their writing there's always one that's Correct. For some reason this happens a lot in games where there's some kind of optimal route and naturally gamers are going to be drawn to it because they want as complete an experience as possible. Hell, it's part of the reason Edelgard's fanbase claims her route is the only right one, it's the only contradictory route and we're conditioned to try and look into contradictions for the "true ending" of something.
>>
What causes retards to treat games as "content" to collect
Like every item they can get is more value for the dollar, and every hour spent getting those items is time wasted.
Have you considered at that point that maybe you don't enjoy video games?
>>
>>681403176
>say something retarded to someone
>they stop talking to you
>UGH ARTIFICIALLY LOCKED OUT OF CONTENT WHAT DO YOU MEAN I HAVE TO THINK BEFORE OPENING MY MOUTH??
>>
>>681401698
>Faggot fanboys will tell you to play through the whole game X times to see all its content even though the game itself is hundreds of hours long
This right here. If you make a game with a bunch of branching paths that take a dozen play through to see it better be really short; like 3-4 hours. I'm not going to invest 400 hours into one game; I don't have time for that.
>>
>>681403540
>I want to spend money to have less content
if you don't have time for videogames get a different hobby
>>
>>681402175
new vegas is actually forgiving in that regard, you can play for every faction simultaneously until you reach a point of no return and you get warned about this beforehand. you can roleplay as double-triple agent and that's why it's great. now companion quests, especially Boone's and arcade'a are a pain in the ass, doubt anyone completed them on their first blind playthrough
>>
>>681398939
I fucking hate games with true endings being behind doing cryptic shit that no one in their right mind would do.
>>
>>681398939
>>681403176
This is why I savescum.
>>
>>681403491
why you niggers strawman so much? Is not even funny.
>>
>>681398939
This isn't an issue if the game is short. Problem is, every game aspires to be at least 100 - 200 hours long these days, so there's only enough mental energy for one playthrough.
>>
Better access to information is generally a good thing.
People who want a pure experience exactly as the developers intended can still have one. People with jobs, kids, or short attention spans can use outside knowledge to get their desired ending without trial and error.
>>
>>681403491
Um yes? The point of playing games is to NOT have to put up with bullshit like that. If I wanted that I would just do stuff irl.
>>
>>681398939
and its always either
>collect good or evil points and get ending depending on how many you got
or
>oh you picked the scrambled eggs instead of the pancakes for breakfast, guess whos getting a holocaust
>>
>>681408145
By that point, why not just watch the ending on youtube? If playing the game is that much of a hassle.
>>
>>681409305
If the game is dogshit aside from the story, sure.
>>
>>681403491
>click option for "yeah sure"
>character goes "uh yeah ok sure you fucking retard look at this guy *laughs*"
>locked out of best ending

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.