[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1709866860613755.jpg (50 KB, 554x554)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
How come no talks about it?
>>
We do, all the time.
The game needed one more year of dev time and a single autistic loremaster on the team to keep it consistent with BotW, but that didn't happen.
So we got a game that is 90% great, with absolutely bizarre "WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?" moments at every turn.
>>
>>681401272
what's there to talk about?
it lacked any kind of substance
>>
>>681401584
Examples:
>Characters Don't recognize Link
>Sheikah tech gone except for a few choice items
>Purah Pad is a Sheikah Slate with fewer features
>Wings have stupid short duration when simple builds like the hoverbike last for 30 mins
>So that was the imprisoning war
>Interior of Akkala Citadel is two natural caves even though Koei Tecmo built a full interior for AoC that could have been copypasted
>Houses can't even use all the modular home segment used in NPC houses in Tarry Town and Hateno Village
>House HAS TO BE GREEN
>Pirate enemies don't even get silly hats, eyepatches, hooks, or peg legs. They're just bokoblins on a boat
>Depths are boring after encountering each copypasted major location once (Yiga hideout, large mine, small mine, etc.)
>No Master Sword Upgrades
>No Hero mode
>Great Hall of Hyrule Castle still inaccessible (like Akkala it also appeared in AoC)
>Fuse menu is trash
>Spirit Temple arbitrarily locked behind collecting the paraglider
>Water Temple in the sky instead of the underground Zora Waterworks
>Amiibo items everywhere with no context for their existence
>Too many Blessing shrines
>Sky Islands copypasted
>Why isn't there a single Skyloft or Minish Cap Wind Tribe reference in the sky?
>Champion abilities are annoying to use

It does a LOT of things right, but the seams are everywhere.

Examples of cool things:
>Infiltrate Yiga Hideout to earn Thunder Helm and Blademaster technique
>Ultrahand builds
>Bosses that aren't just Ganon copies
>Slightly better enemy variety
>Nice to see the world being rebuilt
>Excellent bookends with failing to grab Zelda and finally succeeding
>Ganondorf fight and dark dragon cutscene are far better than Calamity/Dark Beast Ganon
>Many new minigames are great fun.
>A few standout excellent caves
>The side quest chains are quite strong, especially Hateno, Lurelin, and Hudson's daughter.
>Cooking is better, but still OP
>>
final bump
>>
>>681402891
>>Nice to see the world being rebuilt
I hates that, lumber piles junking up the beautiful fields.
>>
>>681401272
No Gerudo Outfit, no deal
>>
Because it's one of the worst Zelda games of all time
>>
>>681402891
They don’t want to contradict what you did or didn’t do in BotW so they just don’t directly discussed what happened in BotW, that way if you know what you did you know what they’re talking about but if you didn’t do that, maybe it was just something you and Zelda did during the timeskip
>>
mid game
>>
>>681410036
Nice page 10 bump, Victranny.
pathetic.
>>
>>681401584
>>681402891
I'd argue that it's more 95% a great game with 5% bizarre shit (semantics, I know).
And I would pretty much agree with your list.

I'd also add:
>Wtf happened with Sonia?
If she's dead and couldn't talk to me, why did she come back at the end to help Zelda re-transform? I feel like we should have been able to speak to her like Rauru
>Why did Rauru just disappear from us after the tutorial when he can just come back again?
Similar to Sonia. I like having Rauru around 2bh

I agree they could have been a little sillier with those Pirate missions. Why not go all with the pirate theme?

I also would have like to see MORE with the rebuild. I LOVED how your home base's music increased with each successive Sage acquired and the music incorporated more and more of Purah's theme. It was great.
But I would have loved to see more rebuilding progress in the world. I thought there would be more shit happening at Castle Town ruins. The beginning of the game had an encampment there but it was dismantled and never rebuilt?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.