[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: file.png (4 KB, 39x40)
4 KB
4 KB PNG
>NO NO NO NOO WHAT DO YOU MEAN THAT THE [TURN INVINCIBLE BUTTON] REQUIRES ME TO DUMP STATS INTO A SKILL? WHAT THE FUCK?? B STUDIO B STUDIO B STUDIO
why did ds2 mindbreak rollslop enjoyers so hard?
>>
Justify, in universe, the roll having additional invincibility frames when you level adaptability.
>>
they made i frames adjustable because slow gameplay meant slower-moving lingering hitboxes which meant you would get hit every time you tried.
>>
the hitbox extension from roll recovery frames is so detrimental that you're safer just moving away from attacks. retards never realized this
>>
>>681404864
to dodge
>>
Strength should make your attack speed faster
Dexterity should make your rolls cover more distance
Endurance should make your walking/running speed faster
Resistance should make parry frames more lenient
etc etc
>>
>>681404848
Bearer of the Curse is a dumbass that doesn't know how to roll properly and has to learn said skill
>>
>>681404875
>we ruined an integral part of the first game, to uhh, make the game different I think
B-team moment.
>>
>>681405039
It's the same roll. Just sometimes he gets hit and sometimes doesn't.
>>
>>681404848
>in universe
you think i frames are an actual thing inside the universe? you think that in universe, a human becomes a literal god, able to survive literally anything without even a blemish?

my honest opinion is that there should be no i frames at all
>>
It was introduced so roll spammers have the same stat spread as magic and faith builds so they aren't as overpowered. It worked, I never understood the seething.
>>
>>681404848
i-frames are an abstraction of your ability to contort your body to dodge incoming attacks
Adaptability doesn't increase i-frames, it increase Agility
Agility increases i-frames, by making you more agile
>>
>>681404848
Adaptability as an attribute directly influenced your Agility stat
Agility was also influenced by the Attunement attribute so casters were not left in the dark
Being more agile would allow you to more easily dodge an attack
It makes perfect sense but the average fromdrone is a brainless mutant and cannot possibly understand nuance
>>
>>681404723
>mindbreak
>when you guys have been making tired DaS2 defense threads for a decade
zero self-awareness
>>
File: bestds.jpg (211 KB, 2000x2117)
211 KB
211 KB JPG
>>681404723
Based. If you level this crutch, you're a shitter.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.