[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: elden ring grey.jpg (584 KB, 600x900)
584 KB
584 KB JPG
Does it ever feel like there is too much going on in Elden Ring? I mean, in Dark Souls, I got the premise and everything sort of fit.
>There is shadow and flame
>the flame is dying
>this causes everyone to become hollow
>which is basically like a zombie apocalypse

In Elden Ring there are soooo many things, it's not quite clear what's going on and how it fits together, so it all feels thrown together

>shattering war between the lords
>scarlet rot
>Dragons are a thing
>there are zombies too
>there are also space aliens
>the elden ring was shattered which brought chaos to the world
>there are giant kaiju sized skeletons around
>fire giants are a thing like in dark souls 2
It feels liKe a mish mash of all the elements of Dark souls 1/2/3 and bloodborne.
>>
>>681414648
Jack of all trade, master of none
>>
>>681414648
Is there a big sword and a boss to kill us the only lore i need.
>>
>>681414648
elden ring was perfectly crafted to capture the normie audience
>open world horse riding faggotry
>game can be easily casualized with stacking buffs, customizeable ashes, summons, consumables, etc
>GoT normiefag friendly story of family drama, incest, assasination, betrayal
it's very well made with that in mind
>>
>>681414648
The premise of Elden Ring is really simple: God abandoned the world and the demigods are left to fight among themselves to rule the land, but none could claim the throne, so you are the last hope to become take the throne and restore order to the land
>>
>>681414648
It feels a lot more like the spiritual successor to Dark Souls 2 than any other Fromsoft game, to me. And yeah, I feel like it's a story that isnt' really a story. So much shit that's just hanging there, but the story behind everything is disjointed.
>>
>simplify one thing to a comical degree
>overcomplicate another equally comically
>make a thread
fuck all of you retarded apes
>>
>>681418708
see you tomorrow, faggot
>>
>>681414648
ER’s overall story is just a copy/paste of DS2’s with Miyazaki’s Bloodborne autism and GRRM’s incest and pointless politics
No one will give a fuck once it’s not the most recent one
>>
was the scarlet rot thing ever explained? why is there a big lake of rot underground?
>>
the dlc is so empty
theres just nothing
what happened to that interview with miyazaki where he said they were incorporating legacy dungeons into the open world? all im finding are even emptier open fields than the base game
is any game not going to be a disappointment this year? (besides unicorn overlord)
>>
>>681414648
Go play dark souls than holy shit no one cares
>>
File: 1662407982495944.png (144 KB, 320x287)
144 KB
144 KB PNG
>>681414648
I feel the same way. Dark Souls was simple enough but Elden Rings' lore is basically "Some giant dinosaur came to a planet and took over everything and those that were living here before went to war."

But then I always feel like I'm misunderstanding things like "The Elden Runes dictate the universe and death was taken so Merika could be immortal."

But then I just go "But then how did she then defeat all the giants if the concept of death was deleted? And if she only did that AFTER she had defeated them what's stopping the last giant from just throwing fists now that he can't die? And if Death IS destroyed then how are you "Killing" bosses and NPCs?"

Dark Souls' concept of respawning makes sense because it's a curse on a people whereas EVERYONE can't die in ER and it makes me question everything. Also all of these people I'm killing don't fucking matter. None of them seem to even WANT to be the Elden Lord. You're only killing because they could theoretically fight for the throne.

Like I thought the writer was supposed to be a genius. I just assume I'm missing a lot of context.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.