[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: hardspace shipbreaker.jpg (30 KB, 480x270)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
I watched videos saying shipbreaker had an annoying story, I did not know it was actually worse than people say. I played the game because I wanna chill and break apart ships, and I'm forced into a bad radio opera with shit characters and zero subtlety about its "unions good" story. I'm not even allowed to skip any of the beats which makes it worse. I'll willingly double my debt to lynx if they kill everyone involved in the story and offer a "skip cutscene" button
>>
File: ExtendedMonkey.webm (503 KB, 1280x684)
503 KB
503 KB WEBM
>>681430343
For indies
>Horizon's Gate:
2d Sid Meiers pirates with FF tactics combat. Story is as close to nonexistent as possible and lets down the game massively because theres no separate "draw" to exploration unlike the aforementioned Sid Meiers which had special upgrades and family members.
>Biomutant
Relatively solid exploration game with quite possibly the stupidest, most boring, childish story ive seen out of a game not trying to portray itself as particularily childish. They cut down the cutscenes massively but even with that its fucking awful. Probably killed the game by itself even without the lackluster sections of gameplay.
>Anode Heart
Extremely good digimon esque game with a twist. Story and quests are unbelievably tiresome and boring. Mmmm yes please more fetch quests and "find this nigga" quests

This is just the stuff ive picked up recently and played through while they were on sale.
>>
>>681430343
>want comfy game about recycling ships
>get existential horror, black people, and jewish middle management.
The first thing the company does when they hire someone is mulch them and start producing clones. Then they make the clones work to pay off the debt incurred by the guy who is now mulch. When the clones get uppity and start demanding wages and safe working conditions they just get killed and replaced with another clone.
>>
>>681430343
pirate an old release of shipbreaker, 0.3.1 should be good, it is unironically a better game. the dogshit story isn't there, but the old announcer is and you can go full buffalo without penalties. the early access disease made it worse.
>>
>>681430343
Watch Dogs 2. There's a really strong game underneath the ubisoft shitpile. It really surprised me. The other WD's suck ass but WD2 beats or rivals GTAV on multiple fronts, mainly on world interactivity and detailing.
>>
>good games with shit stories
Horizon
Titanfall 2
Halo 3
>>
>>681430343
>good games with shit stories
all of them
>>
File: 1442729163643.gif (2.04 MB, 160x200)
2.04 MB
2.04 MB GIF
>>681433214
Not when MGS3 exists.
>>
File: lrm77kgghv991.jpg (316 KB, 1920x1080)
316 KB
316 KB JPG
Far Cry New Dawn
Feels like a post apocalypse made by committee. Cringe dialogue all over. Hiding one of the best looking games of the generation, really tight gunplay, besides the bullet sponges.
>>
>>681430343
There's a mod that lets you turn the story off now. Shit is actually criminal and it's why I had zero expectations for HW3.
>>
>>681433123
ehhh, I'd say watch dogs 2 has its moments, yeah the cast are all annoying hipsters but I don't hate them the entire time
>>
>>681433186
in what way was titanfall 2s story bad?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.