[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: cannon.jpg (715 KB, 1920x1080)
715 KB
715 KB JPG
the DLC catacombs are actually great and I fucking wish the base game ones were like this
>>
i heavily preferred the linear but branching world design. If only it wasn't filled with cuckbooks and stones i can already purchase infinite of
>>
>>681435237
The DLC map is far from linear, huh?
>>
>>681435326
how many loops? what zones?
>>
>>681434110
They really are. Funnily enough I wish there were more of them, even though I complained there were too many in the base game. It is probably better this way- less quantity but more quality.
>>
>>681434110
>>
>>681434110
Yeah, they really upped their game. None of them felt throwaway the way almost every base-game side dungeon felt throwaway.
Hell, most of them have better encounter design than most of the DLC legacy dungeons past Belarat.
>>
>>681434110
Base game ones are clearly just generated using the old bloodborne chalice code they had.
These feel like they generated the layout, then hand edited the details, helps most of them have a unique gimmick as well.
>>
>>681440615
I wouldn't say any of them feel generated like the Chalice Dungeons, even the base game, the chalices were so bad. But they're definitely using a lot of snapmap-type "throw pre-made rooms together as pure filler" design.
>>
>>681434110
Fighting the pot innards was great.
The only thing I don't like about the new dungeons, is how the boss is fought with all your resources drained when before, they had the door next to the entrance. I wouldn't mind this if you had to run all the way through the dungeon again, but having the stake near the door anyway just makes it silly.
>>
>>681444347
I feel like the DLC strays too much towards gross/goofy enemy designs than menacing/monstrous ones, but the pot innards are so unbelievably foul as they shlorp out at you that they earn their keep.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.