[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 12312121.png (343 KB, 516x327)
343 KB
343 KB PNG
Dark Souls 2 is the more fun game but 1 has more soul and atmosphere
>>
I'd say 2 is a lot more soul, it is definitely more fun too. Scholar that is.
>>
2 vanilla is shit, contrarians will say otherwise but the dlc content is some of the best stuff in the entire souls trilogy. Dark souls 1 is still superior overall. Never seen such an egregious example of a “B-team” game in my life
>>
Does DS2 have memorable bosses? I'm struggling to remember any that weren't a pain to fight
>>
>>681435898
uhhh the frog one and mirror knight I guess?
>>
>>681435973
Oh the Mirror guy was in 2? Yeah that guy was cool.
>>
>>681435898
Sinh, Sir Alonne, Fume Knight, Ivory King and that's pretty much it.
>>
>>681435898
Velstadt, the Mirror Knight, The Sentinels, Fume Knight, The Covetous Demon(even if he was really easy) The Lost Sinner
>>681435483
I think it does have a lot of soul
>>
>>681435146
Yeah, I can agree. Although they've both got a lot of soul, DS1's atmosphere in the first half is pretty unbeatable. Nothing in the series feels as ethereal, mysterious and borderline spiritual as finding the Ash Lake.

Once you're fighting the fat-assed demon statues and oogly booglies in Izalith the atmosphere takes a hit somewhat. Goofy designs in the series are soul, but they are not atmospheric.

>>681435898
For memorable bosses, I'd say
>giant that rips off own arm
>double-headed laser spider
>frog bitch
>mirror guy
>dlc final bosses

Are all pretty memorable.
DS2 does have a few too many "kmart DS1" bosses (titty scorpion, ornstein, big rat-dog) and "dude in armour with gimmick special attack", but the only annoying ones were the dlc co-op dungeon multi-bosses, imo.
>>
File: fromslopCteam.png (177 KB, 752x885)
177 KB
177 KB PNG
what would the C team work on now that DS2 B team has moved on to Sekiro 2?
>>
File: 1716491519229.jpg (34 KB, 1080x232)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>its perfect
>>
>>681435146
What about Dark Souls 3
>>
>>681440303
I have the unpatched version where the Bell Gargoyles give you 700 souls instead of 10,000 and there's no seller of twinkling titanite. But it makes up for it in other ways
>>
>>681441849
Lol.
Skeletons not giving any souls in 1.0 was a kino design decision, though, wish they stuck to their guns on that, it's thematically perfect.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.