[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Prey.jpg (88 KB, 1280x720)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
fuck you, fuck gamers, fuck gaming journalists and fuck the gaming industry
>>
File: 1715257507027027.png (215 KB, 1100x943)
215 KB
215 KB PNG
>>681435291
>>
>>681435291
God, Prey was such a good game.
>>
>>681435291
So OP, did you like or dislike Prey(2017)?
>>
>>681435291
Spiritual successor to Bioshock.
Real shame the retards at Bethesda killed arcane.
>>
>>681435537
>Spiritual successor to Bioshock
You mean System Shock.
>>
>>681435568
Bioshock is a spiritual successor to System Shock and therefore Prey must be a spiritual successor to Bioshock.
>>
>>681435467
it's great and its existence makes me sad knowing that its the last of its kind to ever get any proper funding
>>
File: 1693486148740409.jpg (69 KB, 800x450)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
I played through this game recently

>the airlocks are locked from the inside for safety reasons
creepy once you realize why
>>
>fuck you
hey, I always wanted them to release the real Prey 2 instead of that slop
>>
>>681435703
No? Not to mention Prey started development as System Shock 3.
>>
>>681435364
It really is that simple
>>
>>681435753
'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.
>>
>>681435291
Prey was utterly mid. The mimic enemies are a meme, the normal enemies are just boring and the gloo canon is overrated as fuck. the areas it can be used are so telegraphed they may as well have just had ladders, you can't do any actually interesting traversal with it
>>
>>681435291
Literally one of the best games of that decade.
>>
wanted to like it. like ALOT. so much so that I was defending from clearly disingenuous retards criticizing the game for shit like gay side characters or whatever before playing the game. but unfortunately played it and it was...flawed like every other Imsim.

I could copy paste why, but I'm not sure anyone cares.
>>
SO SO FAST
THE SAILING SHIPS
>>
>we have System Shock at home
>>
>>681436994
>flawed like every other Imsim
sounds like you're just retarded. thanks for not copy pasting anymore trash to the board than there already is.
>>
>>681435291
>Too short
>Not hard enough to really force you into imsim mindset like early levels of Deus Ex or Thief
>Next to no marketing
>All marketing was "WOOOOOOOOOOioooOOooo see HOW SPOOKY IT IS?"
>Weird name thats a copy of a forgotten games name from a decade prior that has nothing to do with the substantive problems contained in the game which all well and true if you followed the mechanics and so called immersive sim of the video Gume
>>
I'm buying fireworks the day Arkane goes under.
>>
>>681436994
I care. I never got on with Prey despite trying multiple times, but I'm not smart enough to put into words. It just didn't click in the way system shock and system shock 2 did
>>
I love dealing with annoying enemies, and having to come back to the same place later to deal with even more annoying enemies.

The enemy design killed it for me.
>>
>>681435364
Imagine being non white and faking being friends just for the chance at white women
Absolutely simp pilled
>>
>>681437969
This was my lazy explanation. Actually wrote something more indepth in the past, but that's far too much to copy paste, talking about Prey here btw:

"Played this game. Got bored immediately, constantly led on, and the combat is garbage because no ADS, so no different shooting sensitivity from camera sensitivity. And on top of that it's incredibly tedious (not hard) to kill enemies early on. Any "challenges" to overcome can be trivialized by like 3-6 options, making any "challenge" almost fucking meaningless. Exploration doesn't feel engaging because it's so simple and the game is constantly telling you where to go anyway. You never have to figure anything out. And I TURNED OFF objective markers. And it's not like going out of your way to go somewhere else is fun because fuck, I don't know what it is, but it's just so boring to go anywhere. There were other places I KNEW I could check out, but I just didn't want to because it felt more like "omg you can go off to a side path for a potion in a JRPG!" and less like "you can go off to a side path in dark souls that's still completely part of the level and progression and get lost getting looped around this interconnected level finding the way to the boss"

Just fucking boring and shit overall"
>>
File: download.gif (607 KB, 480x270)
607 KB
607 KB GIF
>>681435291
fuck OP

your taste is suck
>>
>>681440210
thanks
>And on top of that it's incredibly tedious (not hard) to kill enemies early on
Maybe this is the big one. The early game was so trash it really soured the rest of the experience. How they managed to create the most boring enemy in any game is quite impressive, legitimately would have been better with generic zombie crew members
>>
>>681437791
>>681440269
Two scouts in one thread, with different yet similar views, man I wish the up counter was still here
>>
>>681441653
because he is a good meme. i don't even play TF2.
take your meds prey shill
>>
>>681435291
The main thing that puts me off playing it again is the resource scavenging. That stuff's okay once, but the thought of doing it again just makes me want to do anything else. Also the ending retroactively ruins the entire story, but I'm only like 50% mad at this point, so I could probably get past that.
>>
>>681435291
This game was fucking boring. Only two actual guns and they're boring shit, and the enemy variety is even fucking worse.
>>
the game is ruined by the worst ending in a video game i've ever played

i was pumped to enact revenge against my sibling for drugging me and stealing my research

tehe um actually you're an alien, this was like a dream or simulation to see if aliens can be moral. aren't we clever? everything you were working towards and all the emotions and connections you had were for nothing!

now you want to kill us for manipulating you just like you wanted to kill your sibling for doing the same thing? i guess aliens really are bad...
>>
>>681435291
As someone who had been dying for more System Shock 2 Prey was the best thing ever

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.