[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Official_Japanese_Cover.jpg (450 KB, 1200x1680)
450 KB
450 KB JPG
Just finished this for the first time. It's a motherfucking masterpiece, unironically. The gameplay hasn't aged a day.
>>
No lies detected
>>
>early 2000s edge cringe

No thanks
>>
>early 2000s nomura kino
Yes please
>>
What does it have that KH3 lacks? I just can't get through KH3 no matter how many times I try. I'm not sure if it's the movement or art style but whenever I pick it up, I'd just rather be playing 1 or 2.
>>
>>681448432
Non-floaty combat, charming art design, and a time when death actually meant something in the Kingdom Hearts series.
>>
>>681448432
KH3 is very badly animated and the programming sucks.
The movement is clunky, everything is slower and unresponsive.

every single move in KH2 is satisfying.
soras attacks in 3 are garbage and everything was downgraded or removed.
limits were reduced to cutscenes, summons were reduced to half-assed limits, magic is the most unfun garbage ever, forms are basically just reskins that don't change the way you play.
and the fact that their timers and mobile-game popup activation methods are so garbage makes them even more of a downgrade.
reaction commands were reduced to a few garbage disney rides.
>>
>>681448432
2 jingles keys in your face a lot to distract from constant mashing X. you have new reaction commands and limits that look different, but do basically the same thing
3 expects a basic level of competency with the mechanics to be flashy so people bounce off it
>>
>>681449363
>3 expects a basic level of competency
'press triangle to cutscene' doesn't require any competency.
>>
>>681449363
Reaction commands are pure and utter kinography. They're so well animated and there's a plethora of different ones unique to each enemy and boss.
>>
>>681448432
Combat freedom. The square button in kh2 does more than dash, block or dodge.
>>
>>681449681
you realize you have way, way more options during a string in 3, right? like monumentally more choice?
>>
The opening drags on forever when you want to get to the core gameplay.
>>
>>681449876
Getting on different disney rides? nice choices.
>>
>>681450086
It's like half an hour at most when you skip cutscenes. The fact Roxas has completely different animations than Sora for what's an introductory period for the game just goes to show the detail and passion that part had.
>>
File: Radial Blaster FX.gif (1.65 MB, 500x381)
1.65 MB
1.65 MB GIF
>>681449876
No you don't retard in fact KH3 doesn't even have alternate finishers, horizontal slash or separate air combo attacks.
ATTACKS ARE IDENTICAL in the air and on the ground.
it's so fucking lazy it's complete dogshit with no variety.
what's worse is the attack animations are BAD. They have no impact and are cluttered with nonsensical effects that don't compliment the swing.

I mean sora is hitting nothing here as a ground attack animation plays but he's striking nothing in the air and a ground AOE effect just spawns on air.
looks fucking terrible. and you will repeat this finisher every time with zero variety.
>>
>>681448432
It's perfectly refined. It's not even faster than KH1 at its core, everything's just improved along with a strong variety of options that affect yoyr mobility. It's as if they focused on just reinforcing what worked before and building on that, while KH3 seems like it was a more focused on just hitting the gas. KH3 makes things a lot faster, but some other aspects suffer as a result. Battlefields are huge, and unless you're a blood knight when it comes to figuring out how to play optimally for any game you try, you're probably going to feel a bit tied to abusing the attractions and special magic to get as much AOE and shit in as quick as possible. Boss fights especially suffer from fucked up battlefields, like maybe I was just being retarded but the Toy Story boss made me feel like I was just slinging myself around trying to figure out what the fuck was going on because there was so much visual clutter and the stage was massive. Not even shotlock feels good to use even though it also gives you options to defend yourself in tight situations, feels less natural and more like a bandaid I can whip out at anytime. I haven't played since release so I mean, dunno how much my memories have degenerated over what I just talked about but I remember the game feeling like a chore most of the time.

I'm guessing Osaka just had a different MO for combat than Tokyo. I don't think it's terrible, in a vacuum at least, but it's a step down from KH2. They didn't build on the parts I liked.
>>
File: kingdom hearts 2.png (575 KB, 1945x1271)
575 KB
575 KB PNG
>The gameplay hasn't aged a day.
because it wasn't good to begin with
>>
File: 1693690377389509m.jpg (111 KB, 913x1024)
111 KB
111 KB JPG
>>
>>681451279
>final boss taking less than 5 minutes
bullshit.
KH2 has one of the longest final fights in any action game.
>unironically linking IGN
kill yourself btw
>>
>>681453165
if an IGN journalist calls the game braindead, you know it's bad, cope
>>
>>681453247
If you listen to anything IGN says you're braindead, cope.
>>
>>681451279
My cock in your mom's ass wasn't good to begin with but she keeps coming back for more.
>>
>>681453438
everyone knows KH2 fans are faggots, nice try

>>681453387
I don't really have to listen to an IGN journo to know, I played the shitty ass game. The fact that even he could tell the game was mindless is telling.
>>
>playing through KH2 again
>get to Mulan world
>Goofy us the only one that sees through her disguise
>Sora gets punch and him and Donald start fighting the soldiers
kek
>>
>>681453561
you sure did lol

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.