[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: fatal frame 2.jpg (204 KB, 1920x1080)
204 KB
204 KB JPG
Thinking about playing the series. Probably an undub if I can find it. Which of these games is the best? Are the stories related?
>>
>>681457690
I only played 1, but I've watched people play 4 and 5 years ago. I have the remakes/remasters on PS4 still unplayed. October I'll get to one of them.
Anyways, I am hoping we get a new Fatal Frame game, or at least 1, 2, and 3 remastered/remade eventually too.
I think most fans online express 2 is their favorite. 3 seems to be mostly positive. 1 also well loved. 4 seems to get mixed reviews and 5 is the least liked of the mains games.
>>
>>681457690
2 is the best, 4+ devolved into 100% coomershit
>>
Play 1-3
>>
>>681457690
The first, second, and fourth games have standalone stories. General consensus is that the second one is the best, with some support for the third. Still, you may want to play them in order of release at least once.
>>
>>681459303
>4+ devolved into 100% coomershit
picked the fuck up
>>
>>681459303
The only fanservice in 4 is the unlockable outfits. 5 is the one that leaned into "erotic horror".
>>
>Contrarian sonygers still trying to push the only 1-3 are good meme
Only 2 is, 1 is jank shit and 3 takes place in one area so its shit too
>>
3 does have some connection to 2. Mio from 2 appears in it and I think the girl you actually play as is her aunt or something? And doesn't the girl from 1 also appear?
>>
1-3 was good
4 was snore
never played 5 because 4 was snore
>>
>>681463268
Miku (playable) from the first game reappears as Rei's assistant and is still dealing with the loss of her brother. Mio's uncle Kei (playable) is trying to save her as she is also dealing with survivor's guilt.
>>
>>681463776
Ah, gotcha. I knew Mio was related to someone in 3, just couldn't remember who.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.