[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: EA-Logo.png (73 KB, 300x300)
73 KB
73 KB PNG
Without memeing, list both the positives and negatives they've done.
>>
positives:
they will eventually kill themselves
negatives:
they will bring all those IPs in the grave with them, so much wasted potential
>>
>>681457943
>the positives
blackbox
ea sports big
the saboteur
FLIPENDO
something else i forgot
>and negatives
everything else
>>
Positives:
- Ultimate Team's free Season Pass allows you to collect decent cards (full 99 free team)
- Their events give great cards or at least cards for uncommon positions
- The final season of the annual release has very easy chances at getting 99 rated cards easily

Negative: FIFA or whatever they are calling their soccer game, only awards points on a weekly basis. Even then, it doesn't give enough points for anything good.
- After Belgium signed off on them, they have been giving less and less preview packs in their soccer game
>>
>>681457943
Positive
I know which games to avoid because they slap their logo on it

Negative
I've been mailing my garbage to their corporate headquarters for a while but the post office put a halt on packages to their mailing address.
>>
>>681457943
I mean I liked the skate games
>>
File: SunflowerGardenWarfare.png (129 KB, 320x437)
129 KB
129 KB PNG
>>681457943
>positives
- Making Garden Warfare 1 & 2, and releasing the second game on Steam
- Not shutting down Garden Warfare 2 and even 1 servers even after they ended support with their latest game unlike what Jewbisoft did with The Crew
- Not doing anything with Popcap games on Steam and still give them regular sales
- Letting modders make better PVZ games for free and not DMCAing them just like Nintendo does
- Not delisting the original Dead Space on Steam just like how every company do with their shitty remakes/remasters
- All the good racing games they made in pre-2010s, such as Need For Speed and Burnout

>negatives
- Being forced used to use their shitty Origin service, especially on consoles where it just won't work
- Ruining Battle For Neighborville by replacing character variants with cosmetics, and ending support a lot quicker than their games
- Making achievements for Garden Warfare 2 about events they haven't hosted years ago and can only be unlocked through modding
- Turning PVZ into a freemium mobile garbage despite its home origin is from PC, and killing other Popcap series, such as Bejeweled
>>
>>681457943
I liked that they made SimCity completely free software.
>>
>>681457943
I don't care enough to do that, so fuck you. About the only positive I remember is EA big and SSX games.
>>
File: 1698543180822719.jpg (24 KB, 220x224)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>681459075
>why the fuck do we keep getting packages full of empty cans, candy and mcdonalds wrappers
>>
>>681457943
EA used to be the publisher. That yellow tab on a Genesis cart was a mark of quality. Road Rash, Skitchin', the Strike series, Mutant League, etc.
At some point, they stopped caring. They started buying and gutting developers like Origin and Maxis. They bought exclusive rights to NFL games when 2K made the only NFL game worth playing for quite a few years. It was a downward spiral. Then; Dead Space, Mass Effect, and Mirror's Edge showed up. It felt like they were back. They had studios underneath their banner releasing original and neat titles. But, EA is EA. That couldn't last forever. Publisher interference led to the talent quitting or getting fired, and they resorted to the only thing they know how to do: pump out bad sequels.

EA has undeniably great things in their library, but they're an object lesson on how to lose player confidence.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.