[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1698465849252973.jpg (44 KB, 700x394)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
What went wrong?
>>
fighting games are only good when playing couch multiplayer
>>
>>681460550
They actually suck for this, as it either ends up being one person styling on the other, or both throwing out shit randomly because you need like 100s of hours of experience playing the game against other humans and knowledge of 'good' strats to not fall for random shit, so the games don't actually become fun until you play against other good people a lot in an arcade or online setting.

Smash and the like are so far ahead for games you can set up and play random matches with whoever with though Melee is way more stressful as a competitive game because it demands so much of you and doesn't let you fall back on shuffling backwards and blocking
>>
>>681458713
Harada became more obsessed with West Coast faggots fangirling over him than developing actual good games.
>>
>>681460951
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmA405FpxqY
>>
BING BANG BOOM
HOOOOOOOOOYPE
OOH OH OH LOOK AT THAT SLO MO
PLAYER X POPPED HEAT
PLAYER Y POPS HEAT IN RESPONSE
THEY BOTH HEAT SMASH
SO HYPE BRO
THIS KING IS THROWING ARMORED SHIT YOUR FRAMES ARE NOW VOID
>>
File: tekken franchise....png (438 KB, 1280x723)
438 KB
438 KB PNG
>we want the mortal kombat le epic movie story audience
>that'll be $80 + tip + keep buyed the season pass if you want you're favourite character to return
btw the story is fucking shit glad i pirated this shit game should stayed sticked in arcade-like cutscenes like the good old tekken5 (kino)
>>
>>681460550
this, playing any FUN fighting game with your buddy is always gonna be more fun than kekken online ranked cancer
>>
>>681458713
Fighting games became cancer.
>online focus
>bloated rosters
>excessive DLC
>tourneyfagottry
>esports
>less content with each release
Not really things you can blame on Tekken, just the absolute state of the community.
>>
The bikini mods and all the other mods for this game is actually pretty good,
so I don't really care how much the gameplay sucks anymore.
Just make sure to bring back my Kuni waifu before the whole thing dies.
>>
>>681462951
I noticed the AI in Tekken 8 is reeeeaaally bad. Fuck singleplayer enjoyers I guess.
>>
>>681460951
it really depends on the attitude of the players more than anything else. if you are better than your friend you can easily handicap yourself by using less moves or playing a character you arent as familiar with. I suppose there is a baseline skill level needed but as long as both players are making deliberate inputs its almost always a good time.
>>
>>681460951
Wrong. In my high school years I met my friend who also played Tekken and we started to have this rivalry over it. He was first the better one, then I got better as we kept playing over months, then he and eventually we were pretty even matched. It was motivating.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.