[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Demo is out on all platforms. Anyone give it a try? I like it a lot. Did not expect it to be a sort of tower defense game but really digging the vibe. Beat the demo but got utterly destroyed on the special mission, holy fuck.

Give the demo a try if you haven't already.
>>
>>681463956
neat will download
>>
>>681463956
I liked it a lot, enough to look up an interview. Apparently it's an artisanal game, which I suspected. The levels are hand-crafted dioramas, real sweets were 3D-scanned, sound effects were foley'd from a forest, dances are motion-captured. Absolutely beautiful presentation, and what really sells it for me is that there doesn't appear to be any talking or cutscenes (at least in the demo). It's a very quiet world, letting you get absorbed in the environments.

I'll reserve judgement on the gameplay until I play the full game, but I liked what I played, even if the main story missions could use a bit more complexity and challenge. We just got a taste of the intro so it's possible it brings the heat later. Think a hard mode during stage replays would be awesome, but the objectives also help bring replay value. Really cool game.
>>
>>681463956
>tower defense
>>
>>681463956
is this the latest capcom slop? not going to try this shit
>>
I want to buy it but I feel like I will just never play it
>>
>>681464728
it's a hybrid between a hack and slash+ rts
>>
>>681464728
It's not exactly a Tower Defense game, its like a hack and slash + TD hybrid. You go around recruiting villagers to protect the Goddess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHI_Cry5PbY

Here's a gameplay overview
>>
>>681463956
On the one hand, super cool art style. I love the masked characters aesthetic. The defilement and yokai are perfectly freakish and creepy.
On the other hand, tower defense games in general are so tedious, because the only way they increase difficulty over the course of a game is more enemies with more health in longer waves.
I beat the demo and the extra stage with no casualties (my character or a villager) first try, but it was already starting to get repetitive by the end.
I was really hoping I'd like this game, but I don't think I'll get it for full price unless I hear that it gets much more complex with more things for you to do in the stages.
>>
>>681465129
it's only 50 at least. i think they should have launched at 40. it's too niche

japanese companies are greedy, and don't understand the position of sale prices vs sales.
>>
>>681465246
It's $41 on Fanatical, with no tax. I'm getting it there, because yeah, I think $50 is a bit much. $40 is the sweet spot.
>>
>>681465129
yeah 50 bucks is a little too much for what the game is, but once it eventually goes on sale for 20-25 dollars that'll be the perfect sweet spot. Game is gorgeous, just a little basic.
>>
>>681465327
people use shit like that? heh. i don't think i've ever bought a game from one of those. i bought windows 7/10 keys from russian keysites before though. they're just valid official keys they got cheap }}}somehow{{{
>>
File: 1628529175169.png (80 KB, 280x334)
80 KB
80 KB PNG
>Someone at Capcom saw the enemy force being called 畏哭 and decided the English name should be "Seethe"
>>
>>681465113
boss fights look cool at least
>>
>>681465462
Fanatical is an official key seller. They're not a grey market site like Eneba.
>>
>>681465327
That's the thing, normally I'd go "well, if there's enough stages/content it'll be worth the price." But if the gameplay just gets more and more tedious, then the bigger the game, the worse it will be!
>>
>>681463956
>"Free" on Game Pass Day 1
Thanks Phil
>>
>>681465462
It's a verified seller so Capcom still gets paid, and I'm happy to support smaller budget games like this. Windows keys on the other hand, fuck even buying keys. I copied a github link and ran it in command prompt or some shit and activated windows for free.
>>
>>681465591
>But if the gameplay just gets more and more tedious, then the bigger the game, the worse it will be!

You are now manually hearing "Ookami!"
>>
>>681465610
Wait it's coming to game pass? source?
>>
Don't know why I expected a survey at the end of the demo, but there isn't one.

>>681465129
Pretty much. Great aesthetics but the gameplay is already tiresome. Doesn't help that I already played a mechanically much better action + tower defence game just this last week.
>>
File: gp.png (384 KB, 621x502)
384 KB
384 KB PNG
>>681465709
only reason I remember is cause I remember it being one of the few games that piqued my interest during the Xbox Showcase a couple weeks ago
>>
>>681465327
I think GMG is actually a bit cheaper because they have a 13% discount and then you can stack another 15% discount voucher on top of it for 28% off.
They're an official seller so Capcom is still getting money for it.
>>
>>681465770
>oesn't help that I already played a mechanically much better action + tower defence game just this last week.

what game?
>>
>>681465770
Just bought Bloons TD 6 for under $1.50
>>
>>681465815
>July 19th
That's actually really close, damn. Like 2 1/2 weeks away. Nice.
>>
>>681465834
Does GMG charge sales tax? If not, I might grab it from there instead.
>>
>>681465915
X-Morph.
>>
>>681466037
dope! my friends gonna love it. he loves nay game of this type
>>
>>681466037
>>681466082
80% off on steam sale too!!
>>
>>681463956
I remember being interested from one of those showcases, I'll check it out later.
>>
>Finish the last stage
>Mission for letting enemies get killed by a barrier (if you kill them too fast you won't get it)
>Mission for letting enemies get killed by explosions (if you kill them too fast you won't get it)
>Mission for not repairing stuff in the environment
If they're going to push me to be bad at the game at least tell me about the missions at the start of the stage instead of at the end.
>>
>>681466012
They do for me, but so does Fanatical for me.
>>
File: absolutely disgusting.jpg (519 KB, 1920x1080)
519 KB
519 KB JPG
This might be the most disgusting armpit texture I've ever seen in a Japanese game.
>>
>>681463956
>hot girl
>bunch of weird looking mutant guys
Why?
>>
>>681466467
fuckin pixiv style armpussy
>>
>>681466410
Ah, you're probably in the UK, which means GMG is probably also based in the UK. Good news for me, they won't charge tax. Thanks for the tip, anon.
>>
One one hand the game seems very basic, but on the other hand I don't mind. It's nice to see Capcom experiment again with new IPs. Might not get it day one, but on sale I'll definitely try to support the game. We need more games like these from Capcom and not remastered slop #3,472
>>
>>681466594
we also need to award good products with money, not just attempts
>>
>>681466594
You WILL get Resident Evil 5 Remake, RE 6 Remake, RE 7 Remake and you WILL pay full price for all of them
>>
>>681463956
Full release date?
Game looks cool
>>
>>681466756
Yes because they are good aaa game
I'm not paying shit for indies
>>
>>681467857
July 19th.
about 2 1/2 weeks till release.
>>
>>681467979
No hope of it getting better before release then.
>>
if she eats to much sweets would she get fat?
>>
>>681463956
don't know much about the game itself but the art direction is one of the more interesting to come out of a big name studio in a fuckever long time so that's pretty cool
>>
Downloading the demo now, looks pretty cool
>>
>make a tower defense game in 2024 with an emphasis on mobility and hack and slash combat
>have crap ui with no tactical map or any useful UI elements telling you anything

i was thinking about preordering but that demo was rough, it feels like capcom never played a tower defense game before.
>>
some issues i have with the game.

-no sprint
-repetitive combo options, this may be because its early game but who knows yet.
-"towers" seem really weak and don't seem they can do anything on their own. this can change as well with upgrades or stronger units.
-bad ui and maps. it just feels like it was made by a bunch of artists with no thought that it was being made for a game.
-night cycles feel too long and repetitive while you will spend the majority of the day just skipping time to speed up her walk.

honestly not sure if i want to play more of this game after the demo. the stages did not leave a good impression with how stale the flow of the game is.
>>
File: file.png (3.39 MB, 1920x1080)
3.39 MB
3.39 MB PNG
Only played a couple of missions but this game is soul as fuck, nice to see a nu-capcom game with actual color too.
>>
>>681464759
>I’m going to call it slop without even touching a LITERALLY FREE demo
Retarded nigger.
>>
>>681476291
>-no sprint
Balance.
>-"towers" seem really weak and don't seem they can do anything on their own. this can change as well with upgrades or stronger units.
Equip the talisman to make them stronger and you weaker and they become killing gods. You don't seem to suffer much either.

Anyway the first three stages of the demo are basically just tutorials, only the fourth stage actually tries to challenge you at all.
>>
>>681466490
They’re just wearing masks.
>>
>>681476652
there's no reason not to have a sprint feature during the day atleast.

also the talisman is only for my super attack which is much better used with the other skills.
>>
does anybody know if the demo save transfers to the complete edition? deciding whether or not i should 100% every mission now if I can.
>>
>>681476291
>>681476954
this game doesn't need sprint
you have other dudes positioned in multiple areas to do work for you
stop running all over the place like a retard
>>
>>681466639
This looks good though
>>
>>681477040
you need to run around to reposition people because the game gives you no tactical over map.
>>
File: 1649397333119.jpg (102 KB, 453x1024)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
Anyone try it on a Steam Deck?
>>
>>681463956
Oh neat didn't know it was getting one, I will give it a look this afternoon
I WILL mod the maiden to be more scantily clad and Capcom can cry about it
>>
>>681477107
no you don't retard
>>
File: file.png (3.27 MB, 1920x1080)
3.27 MB
3.27 MB PNG
>>681477196
your range to move units is locked to your general position.
>>
Is Yoshiro a dude? He looks pretty boyish, has a boy's name and his Okami crossover costume is Waka who was a guy. But the website calls him a Maiden and a she. Then again, Amy was a girl wolf and that's the costume Soh wears, and maybe I'm wrong about the name or there's a tradition about them I don't know about, so maybe I'm reading into it too much.

Anyway, the demo was pretty decent. I thought the extra mission would be rough because I was too lazy to make Yoshiro stop at a safer position and I mostly just spammed Archers which I dumped all of my upgrades on to, but they actually cleaned house. Using the bomb youkai to thin out crowds faster was fun, and I was surprised to see the ranged enemies also run off to a vantage point to pelt my units from afar. Feels like you get too much of a surplus of the pink balloon things that you can't do anything with, since the only thing to spend them on is "higher" tier units which in the demo were all support units. Game runs pretty badly for how it looks, especially when Monster Hunter Rise has much more going on and looks about the graphically. I'll probably try this out on release.
>>
>>681465113
>The Seethe
>>
>>681477838
>Is Yoshiro a dude?
I thought the same thing. Yoshiro's chest is entirely non existent and the rest of the character is androgynous. Capcom is clearly calling it a girl but knowing nucapcom I'm sure they are up to something.
>>
>>681476954
>there's no reason not to have a sprint feature during the day atleast.
Day also progresses in real-time, so balance.
>also the talisman is only for my super attack which is much better used with the other skills.
Different thing.
>>
You WILL buy Yoshiro's game at full price
>>
i played it for an hour
i really like it, game has cool concept
a mix of rts and hack n slash, though rts aspect isn't that deep in demo
i will say this that game is not for everyone and majority people will dislike this, i on other hand really like it so far
one of the good crapcom game since mhw and will support this over trash demakes
>>
I did the first tutorial stage but I need to go to bed now so I'll play more tommorow. It seems interesting and there's a lot of artistic charm going on. Base music is pretty good too. I need to play more first before I can say much more.
>>
>>681477125
run like butter
also tested on my 1650 laptop and getting solid 60fps on mid settings
finally some optimized game after so much capshit
though i think they will add denovo day 1 which may fuck up performance
>>
>>681478890
i know its expensive but i rather support these type of games over shit lazy aaa slop crapcom release recently
>>
>>681465504
sneed
>>
This game has no niggers.
>>
>>681463956
I like it
I like when capcom does some minor game like haunting ground
>>
Beat the third stage just now, surprisingly tough cuz I memed a little bit after the second gate and got the princess killed. Sadly found an easier time managing everything by just having everyone clumped up near the princess and me just beating up the bomb guys.
But yeah amazing art direction (gameplay, cutscenes, menus, everything is class), surprisingly sick atmosphere and seems like the game racks up depth nicely with each level. Though the management of the villagers I'm still a bit iffy about but hey seems like they understood the assignment and made a nice rpg/rts/tower defence mix with some real cool ideas and replayability. Probably not buying it for 50 but very intrigued.
Also when is the Okami collab?
>>
>>681480768
>haunting ground
what do you mean, I don't know how replayable that game is but for a PS2 era game it seems very much on par and a worthy ~10 hour experience.
>>
Gonna buy it when they remove Denuvo and for less than 20 bucks.
>>
>>681463956
>no fluffy tail
Useless goddess.
>>
>>681481078
According to their website, the Okami collab is a thing where if the demo players collect one billion crystals and then tweet 15 pictures of a hidden item in the demo, then everyone gets an Amaterasu and Waka costume, the Thunder Edge sword, and the BGM from Okami in the game when it comes out.
>>
>>681484745
I guess I actually have a reason to go poking around in photo mode then. Shame the camera moves so fucking slowly.
Oh yeah, the default camera controls are fucking shit too, you need to put the camera acceleration setting up to 10 for it to even be usable and it's still noticeable and fucking annoying.
>>
>>681485135
I played the demo on mouse and keyboard and cranked it up instantly to 10 when I played too. I think they intend for you to not move the camera too much so that it's more "cinematic" with the side views and overhead views but it doesn't really work out when you need to search every corner to purify things and keep tabs on the enemies going down different routes.
>>
Orcs Must Die: :|
Orcs Must Die, Japan: :O

$50 is too much for this genre. Reminder that capcom diverted funds for this game and exoprimal ($60) instead of polishing dogma 2.
>>
>>681463956
>Hack and slash with strategy elements
This is my favourite genre, I'll try it out, thanks anon
>>
>>681463956
>$50
Will wait for reviews as cool as the art looks I'm not going to pretend this is a full featured game. I just pre-ordered Space Marine 2 for $10 more. This is an indie game not the next Monster Hunter.
>>
>>681487814
almost every normie loves orcs must die
and the artstyle of that looks like shit anyway
>>
>>681463956
Oh thanks for the heads up. Been looking forward to this one. Shame Capcom has chosen to not market it at all
>>
>>681477838
>>681478197
Historically, female roles were always performed by men in theatre (both in nippon and en-ger-land) so... it COULD actually be
>>
>>681487814
Is this the newest DD2 cope?
>>
>saw trailers
>thought that it had a real Okami vibe to it. Just the way the menus looked and the way orbs dropped when killing enemies
>Okami collab announced
Based. Downloading the demo now.
>>
>>681487814
>Orcs Must Die
looks like shit unlike this
>>
>>681487814
>instead of polishing dogma 2.
DD2 needed a lot more than a polish and I'm more likely to buy this game than DD2 so they did a good job diverting funds.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (575 KB, 1280x946)
575 KB
575 KB WEBM
>>681463956
Capcom really like Rampage in MHRise they made a whole of just that huh
jk demo is pretty fun
>>
>>681464550
also I’m trans and brown btw
>>
>>681463956
Should have been a roguelite. Honestly wasted potential.
>>
File: 1698827679136018.png (2.37 MB, 936x1293)
2.37 MB
2.37 MB PNG
Been watching Yoshiro eating sweets
>>
>>681463956
Being able to be attacked during the enemy introductions that pulls the camera to look at them is a bit baffling. Hopefully gets fixed before release.
>>
>>681494323
>roguelite
That meme genre is bloated enough
>>
>>681463956
Capcom actually making new games is funny. Also
>16gb
Honestly perfect size. I will try the demo later but I do agree with some anons that asking 50 bucks for a game like this sounds like a lot.
>>
>>681494323
why even?
>>
>>681494323
End yourself you disgusting casual
>>
>>681492162
It's the new discordnigger raid. Gotta be careful.
>>
>tower defense
Ugh. No thank you.
>>
>>681463956
looks janky as hell
>semi-3D semi-sidescrolling
>>
File: 1710579879201.jpg (241 KB, 922x1280)
241 KB
241 KB JPG
>>681464550
>there doesn't appear to be any talking or cutscenes
I will now buy your game.
>>
>>681463956
Gonna try it out comes weekends. The game already caught my attention with its first trailer, looks soulful as fuck.
>>
Above all else I had fun with the demo, things flow really nicely and the atmosphere is great.
>>
>>681476613
Yeah if it comes from Capcom I'd rather not give them my time
>>
>>681491498
What do you mean? This has shown up in all major events as the main game they're trying to push.
Although fir some reason, the majority of the marketing is on Xbox, where the playerbase doesn't care about these type of games. Guess it was part of the Game Passs deal.
>>
>>681503660
It's shown up at events but that's all. They haven't tried to create any buzz, I've not seen any adverts for it, seems like it's just going to quietly release. But I just played a bit of the demo and liked what I played. Think I might stop here and not spoil any of the game for myself
>>
>>681495004
is there more than 1 sweet in the demo?
>>
File: 1715443145248413.jpg (83 KB, 680x668)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
>>681487814
yea this looks cool but too expensive, orc must die 3 released at 30 bucks(9 dollars on sale)
i see this being a flop with the steam summer sale offering so many tower defense games at really good discounts
>>
>>681463956
The game gave me serious PS2 era vibes it was cool but not really my thing.
>>
>playing demo
>having to replay the same section again on launch
ishygddt
>>
>>681502785
I would like to know what games you play.
>>
>>681505430
Three pretty short levels having to be played again? Heaven forbid.

Speaking of replaying do you get something for completing all the optional objectives for a mission?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.