[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1718924328326467.webm (527 KB, 962x540)
527 KB
527 KB WEBM
This game is making me feel dumb
>>
File: 1672379450081237.png (57 KB, 800x633)
57 KB
57 KB PNG
>>
That's because it's writing doesn't treat you like a cretin
>>
>>681471736
Is it one of the best and most complicated story in gaming history.
If you don't understand something, just blame the sorcerer I forgot his name.
By the way, did you play Blood Omen?
If you didn't, it would explain why you're missing some things.
>>
i loved raziels aesthetic as a kid but the game was too scary for me to actually play outside of the tutorial part
>>
>>681471736
Game had a great combat system.
>>
come to think of it why did the soul reaver shatter here again? I thought Raziel's soul wanted to consume itself or something
>>
it's obtuse more than anything.
>>
>>681475217
raziel cannot die until he is turned into the sword. the sword delivering deadly blow to raziel created a paradox and the time stream solved it by just breaking the sword.
>>
>>681475406
nta but next level story telling we will never see again
>>
>>681475502
Nor hear it, RIP Tony Jay
>>
File: kain-umah.jpg (30 KB, 800x600)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>omg kain pls save me, i'm sorry uwu
>>
I can't watch the scene in SR2 with Janos. It hurts.
>>
File: 1711900714702325.png (904 KB, 1200x750)
904 KB
904 KB PNG
>>681475217
Because the sword was already hosting Raziel's soul and couldn't devour itself.
In SR2 the blade was empty when Raziel found it. When Raziel killed Raziel, Raziel's soul entered the Soul Reaver, but the Ethereal Soul Reaver tried to assume control so it stabbed Raziel with the Soul Reaver and the Soul of Raziel that was within Soul Reaver and the one that was outside of Soul Reaver were fighting over Soul of Raziel creating a paradox.
>>
I really sincerely hope they don't touch the series again. It's over, leave it alone.

Also, I named my son after this series (one of Raziel's brothers, so it could plausibly be from Paradise Lost for normies)

Although I'm ultimately a bigger fan of Kain/Blood Omen
>>
>>681479080
It's crazy how many people skipped Blood Omen and they have no idea what kind of masterpiece kino they've missed
>>
>>681480028
I rented Resident Evil from the local video store which was in the big black folding case and had an advertisement for Blood Omen in it. The next week I rented that, and I absolutely fell in love. I think I was eight or nine at the time? It was so verbose and just the right kind of adventure and edgy and cool.

I've since played through the whole series more than a couple of times since. It's so fucking good, but it needs to be left to die where Defiance left it.
>>
>>681480243
When I was a kid some relative of mine borrowed me the first Soul Reaver, so I played that even tho I had no idea what I was doing, I couldn't even reach the physical world but I fell in love with the atmosphere, sounds, and the characters.
Hell the intro cinematic with this song will forever be stuck in my head, rent free
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rC7VxYj7wsw

I only finished the entire series 4 years ago and no game comes close to this series when it comes to the storytelling, not even close.
I'm not gonna lie I don't even know every single detail that was happening because there were lots of time paradoxes and time travels.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.