[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: lka.png (479 KB, 1174x585)
479 KB
479 KB PNG
You now remember that DS1's remaster is on the Switch.
You now know that the Switch2 will get DS2: SotFS - the greatest FROMSOFTWARE game.
You're welcome.
>>
The Switch port is shitty. Compressed audio completely fucks it.
>>
>>681475976
>40 dollars for a game that came out in 2011
>>
>>681475976
How come nobody has downgraded the remastered version's graphics to the PTDE one on PC?
PC master race my ass.
>>
>>681475976
the fact that the switch port doesn't have local area wifi based invasions is the dumbest shit ever
imagine it, you're on public transport
>INVADED BY DARK SPIRIT BUS WANKER
>>
>>681476120
the game literally was 4gb on pc. there literally was no reason to compress the audio
>>
>>681475976
the switch version of DS is actually based on the original dark souls version not the remaster, despite the name
>>
>>681477893
There were probably some changes to make it the remaster, they probably were just above 4gb so they'd have to pay $0.2 per cartridge more, so in the end they decided to nuke the audio quality.
>>
>>681477893
Literally like what the literally where they literally doing
>>
>>681475976
>You now remember that DS1's remaster is on the Switch
it's remaster in name only, it's actually a port of the original PS3 legacy version
>>
>>681477974
The original, with blighttown fixes, new bonfire locations and use multiple items. Without the shitty new fire and broken roll animations. However, it has horribly compressed audio.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adoH9h6x59c
this audio for this encounter is hilariously bad on the switch.
>>
>>681478189
That audio line has always been dogshit on all platforms, what are you talking about?
>>
>>681478761
because the compressed audio?
>>
>>681478079
Because of this even with the compressed audio, it's still the best official available version of DaS.
>>
>>681479153
I wish there was an easy patch for it. Why couldn't they just release an update to fix it?
>>
>>681475976
>buying scholar
lmao
>>
>>681478079
This is the dark souls I played. Which has made me wonder if the reason I find Dark Souls 1 still genuinely hard and don't posture about how easy it is, is because I played a different version. But that just feels like cope. I can't possibly imagine differences being THAT drastic. So instead I just chock it up to the fact that I went through most levels with 5 Estus for a long time because I didn't know about humanities, and also they were rare and had diminishing returns anyway (the more you die, the more you Estus goes from 10 back to 5.) So id only use them before big important bosses. And for me, that was Quelaag, and O&S.
>>
>>681476941
>79,99 for a game thats shit but new
Good goy

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.