[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: kino.jpg (19 KB, 203x249)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
SOUL the video game, all substance no style.

>>681469857
you cunt, the developers who made Mad Max, made Rage 2 which you will reach for a reason to hate too. Fuck You.
>>
>>681479387
Rage is opposite though, all style no substance. It was a game made to show megatextures more than anything. It was made to be generic schlock.
>>
>>681479387
>ends abruptly
>>
>>681479929
they jammed everything fun and cool into it
and it ended up being fun and cool. "sorry" it didn't end up being a pretentious art house piece.
>>
Seething over the one post you got in your previous thread. Hilarious.
Also I agree with the other anon, the Mad Max game was better. Only thing Rage had going for it was the hot chicks.
>>
>>681481785
I was drinking and watching a movie, I wanted you faggots to discuss your experiences with the game. There was only one fucking post, so KYS.
>>
No, it was a generic as fuck and forgetable shooter that wasn't very good. It was graphixwank, nothing more.
>>
>>681479929
>megatexures
lel, what a meme that was. It looked pretty on screenshots but was annoying mid game. Waiting for 5 seconds for textures to load whenever you turn in another direction ...
>>
>>681481379
I was bored while playing it.
>>
>>681481379
>Sir, we're making a post-apo game with resource gathering and crafting
>The player will be able to craft various items, including bandages
>What health system should we put in our game?
Uhhh what do them kids like? The Calls of Duty? Make it like Calls of Duty.
>B-but
If I don't see bloody screen in the next presentation, you're all fired!

There was actually supposed to be a classic gameplay mode with medkits and such, but it was scrapped.
>>
Why can't zoomers discuss a game without a youtuber feeding them opinions?
>>
Remember the Breaking Bad episode where Jesse is playing Rage with a knock off nes zapper?
>>
File: Rage 02_01_2022 13_49_55.jpg (3.17 MB, 3840x2160)
3.17 MB
3.17 MB JPG
>enemy hits you
>screen shakes worse than in doom 3
>most of the weapons are useless
Looks pretty good though (at a distance).
>>
i played the game on release. its just a proto Mad Max game. very shallow, if enjoyable.
>>
>>681486756
so this... is the power of megatextures™... not bad...
>>
File: RAGE_2023.12.26-04.31_1.jpg (1.94 MB, 3840x2160)
1.94 MB
1.94 MB JPG
>>681486861
Not bad at all.
>>
>>681486969
MR. CARMACK GET DOWN
>>
>>681486513
>Why can't zoomers discuss a game without a youtuber feeding them opinions?
zoomers don't play games, their attention spans are too short and most have low IQs, they 'belong' by watching third hand opinions on youtube about games and movies or tv, books are alien technology.
>>
The second had some of the ugliest NPC's I've ever seen
>>
>>681479387
>all substance no style
lmfao
it's a mishmash of every fps from the 10 years before it. The only original ideas were the revive AOE and wingstick, both of which the game could have done without
meanwhile the visuals are fantastic, straight 10s for style even if everything's a bit low def close up
>>
>>681479387
I liked it. haven't played 2 yet but I liked Mad Max too

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.