[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1712787423316237.png (1.37 MB, 900x900)
1.37 MB
1.37 MB PNG
What are the best wizard vidya? No mystic knight shit, just pure magic.
>>
>>681482698
Magicka
Wizard of Legend
>>
OP here, while I'm at it I'll shill Noita (which most people on /v/ probably know of) and Potion Craft (in which you're a alchemist vendor instead of a combat mage, but it's still cool).
>>681482878
>Magicka
How's the sequel? Reading Steam reviews it seems the first one got some shitty bug-ridden patch, and the sequel, while good, does not overcome the original.
>>
>>681482698
I remember a game called something like Lichdom Battle Mage which is an FPS where you just play as a pure spellcaster. I remember it being the flavor of the month for awhile but I never played it or know if it's any good.
>>
>>681482698
Still morrowind for me.
>>
>>681482698
Noita
>>
>>681482698
Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen.
>>
>>681483276
Magicka 2 is the epitome of "balancing the fun out of the game". From not-actually-fusion elements borrowed from Wizard Wars (was updated back to the Magicka 1 system, also added Water+Arcane as a new element), to magicka cooldowns, to the incredibly boring weapons and generic robes. The quantity of items/magickas is also a problem. For all the minute improvements it has, the actual core of the game is gutted. You are an anemically balanced spellcaster from a diablo clone, and not a god of indiscriminatr murder.

And the Magicka 1 update circa 2021 was just a shit icing on the cake: game was done for 6 years, and then paradox jews wanted to squeeze some more money out of it. Pirate/rollback to the 1.14 version.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.