[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

What happened to Ocarina of Time speedrunning?
>>
Speedrunning is gay. There, I said it
>>
What do you mean what happened to it? I watched part of a zelda speedrun out of curiosity and its really long and full of bullshit technical stuff, so I doubt it was ever that popular in the first place
>>
It's "solved." One autistic kid took it so far that they had to start making up new categories just so they could keep watching his autism. Wrong Warp and its consequences have been a disaster for video games.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6s6MHvO0Bs
>>
>>681487803
New routing killed it.
>>
it got so overcomplicated no normal person could possibly speedrun it anymore
>>
>>681487803
Arbitrary Code Execution (ACE) happened. Whenever ACE is achieved and can be somewhat reliably used, the game is solved and killed.
>>
>>681487803
New routing and arbitrary code execution poured cold water on the previously most popular categories. Watching Link shuck and jive for 2 minutes and then the credits pop up isn't interesting.
>>
>>681487803
I really hope this whole speedrunning fad dies out. People literally destroy their lives for most useless achievements imaginable instead of I don't know, working at a factory and producing goods.
>>
>>681490469
Autists are always going to waste their time on irrelevant time wasting shit anon, don't hold your breath for that one.
>>
Will dynawarp save OOT 100%?
>>
>>681490469

Any hobby can destroy your life if you're obsessive about it.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.