[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: file.png (1.75 MB, 1024x1024)
1.75 MB
1.75 MB PNG
Remember how no man's sky is supposed to redeemed? Well I bought it some years ago and decided to try it today. It's still dogshit, but just because it is fundamentally dogshit. I'm sorry, but I think hello games just not a good developer in general. Everything in the game feels wonky and weird. 1st person view makes you feel like you are a dwarf and has the most uncomfortable FOV I've ever seen. Big animal creatures have the same animation speed as the small ones, so the big creatures skedaddle around the map like crazy and break all the immersion. The spaceship flight mechanics they stole from elite dangerous is very poorly stolen. They couldn't even copy things properly? The visuals are not that good either, every planet has a colour palette of a vomit.
The ideas are pretty good, but hello games execution is very very poor. Maybe they should've have a little bit more experience before making such a large project. Just another example how your actual skills and talents have nothing to do with success.
>>
they just added more fluff and minecraft-lite without adding to the core feature, any GAMEPLAY.

the space combat is laughably bad, and all you do on planets is still "fly to checkpoint"
>>
>>681492187
I think people liked the "Sony pushed a small indie dev to oversell their little project" narrative more than the "Small indie dev is a fucking liar" so they were primed to buy a redemption tale. The truth is probably somewhere inbetween the two extremes, but that's irrelevant because a shit game is still a shit game no matter how much garbage you try to nigger-rig onto it to give the appearance of a deep experience. Ultimately I think the people who like it want to support a plucky upstart team that did right by their player base and jerk off on Reddit over how smart they are for giving the game a second chance rather than actually experience enjoyable gameplay.
>>
It was always going to be garbage because the core concept was always garbage. It's also viciously hideous.
>>
>>681492187
>>681492448
>>681493086
>>681493204
Hi Todd, aren't you supposed to be working on your next flop?
>>
i pirated it and it was just click on rocks like every survival crafting game
>>
It's a good game.
>>
>>681492187
Starfield is a better space game, no man's sky inherent core gameplay of shooting at rocks is just never fun.
>>
Holy kek, I just checked and this 8 year old game has more players than shitfield
>>
>>681496254
Faggot, have some respect to Todd's magnus opus, Sirfield
>>
It's weird how you have to use a menu to switch between third and first person. What kind of game does this? You couldn't just make it a button?
>>
File: 1642875366287.jpg (119 KB, 1080x1080)
119 KB
119 KB JPG
>>681495724
>Starfield is a better space game,
>>
>>681495543
is this "good game" in the room with you now?
>>
>>681492187
i fell for the "no man's here" scam too but let's be honest:
most of these open world survival/crafting games set in space turn out to be boring dogshit.
there is just too much of the same repetitive nothingness.
give me a linear adventure style game in space instead of this autistic junk collectathon any time of the day.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.