[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 570940_20240703012536_1.png (3.74 MB, 3440x1440)
3.74 MB
3.74 MB PNG
DaS1bros... how we doing tonight?
Just wanted to do a standard quality build for old time's sake. Might dick around with some of the funkier boss/dragon weapons later
>>
>>681511414
Im sad that what people took from DS1 qa not exploration and mystery but rather just combat and invasions. The least interesting aspects of DS1 for me was what became the focus.
>>
game sucks
>>
File: 1675910513865821.jpg (222 KB, 1400x1750)
222 KB
222 KB JPG
>>681511556
I just love how cohesive and thought out everything feels. The level and world design, how every little faction and character ties to everything else, how it all wraps upon itself.
This is just one factor of what you mention and how people took the wrong lessons, but: Personally I think bosses should be a CHALLENGE, but it should be influenced by other factors than just 'it's really really hard on its own'. Unironically gank bosses are fun when done right. Also arenas that are either treacherous or have to be worked around in some regard (eg. Maneater style bosses), the runup to the boss challenging your stamina, etc. I feel like bosses should be celebration of the mastery of a level, not the end all be all. And on that note it saddens me how FROM have mostly abandoned those old twisting labyrinthic levels over the years. Elden Ring brought some of it back but there's just too much open world garbage to wade through.
But yeah, 1 is a more complete package than just 'difficult fights'. It saddens me how all the sequels/successors have missed the mark in some way.
>>
Already reaching Elden Ring derangement in the thread
>>
File: kodwenifihuew.png (301 KB, 704x512)
301 KB
301 KB PNG
This is a reminder that you boys really have to wield the Black Knight's Halberd. If you don't wield any overpowered weapons, then you may as well wield the Broken Straight Sword while you're at it.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.