[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1719802074279.png (593 KB, 574x519)
593 KB
593 KB PNG
I'm a bit late to the party to play this and I think I accidentally demolished any good opinion I might have had of this DLC. I took my time and did things as slowly as I could, talking to every NPC and exploring every area I could find. Yet even still I somehow managed to find myself at Radahn with half of the map still greyed out and only 10/20 scadutree fragments. The only bosses I've fought are the Dancing Lion, Rellana, Messmer, and Romina. Everything cricled in red I couldn't reach. I searched for hours for paths to get the other map fragments and I couldn't find them so I just gave up and kept following the story and now I feel like I've spoiled the ending of the DLC for myself despite barely even experiencing half of it. Why did they design it like this? Why are massive sections of this DLC so hidden? Why would they let me reach Radahn at a scadutree level so low it's basically impossible for me to beat him even with mimic tear and every gimmick under the sun? The difficulty curve seems fucked because all the enemies right before him were manageable and didn't feel nearly as tanky as him. I was really looking forward to playing this and now I feel like I've fucked myself out of a great experience even though I was trying to slowly follow the story. I honestly feel like this is an example of a massive flaw of the open world genre.
>>
>>681513886
>Only now discovering fromsoft are bad at game design

The only reason you fags think souls are hard games, is because fromsoft USED TO BE notorious for bad game design, then every normalfag whose first "hard game" was darksouls jumped on their dick and started grinding HARD. They're always shit at least for the first few games, and they always manage to fuck up later. It's a curse. Now you know.

t.old tenchu fan
>>
>>681513886
The only area that can be a bit esoteric to get to is the hinterlands (top right green section). Everything else just means you're an absolute brainlet or maybe blind.
>>
>>681513886
Maybe if you hadn't been listening to a podcast and watching a youtube video essay while playing you would have discovered the whole map
>>
>>681513886
>>681514276
>>681514331
Did you really need to start your own thread you dumb asshole? Use one of the thousands of others.
>>
OPEN WORLD MEANS I SHOULD BE ABLE TO GO WHEREVER I WANT IN WHATEVER ORDER I WANT TO I SHOULD BE ABLE TO JUST RUSH TO THE FINAL BOSS AND GET MY ASS KICKED IF I WANT

REEEEE NO NOT LIKE THAT
>>
>>681513886
It's the same as the base game.
>reach boss
>bounce off it
>go elsewhere to get stronger
>come back
Nothing has changed, go out and explore the map and get skibidis until you're better prepared. Also use a greatshield.
>>
>>681514331
>>681514356
>>681514564
>>681514785
I told you I was looking around and exploring constantly. Any time I came up against a boss I was having trouble with I took a break and went and explored. I had no idea following the path I took would lead me straight to the final boss, I was expecting the story to organically lead me throughout at least the majority of the map. The fact that you can complete the DLC without even touching 90% of the map seems like a flaw to me. Imagine if in the base game you could start and finish the entire game all within Altus and every other area in the game was optional.
>>
>>681514564
i usually cant stand zelda fags but those games let u rush ganon if u want too
>>
File: 1710600689642.jpg (320 KB, 1080x1638)
320 KB
320 KB JPG
>>681513886
Explorelet alert

>mfw he doesn't exploore
>>
>>681513886
The temerity of Fromsoft to advertise their games as open world yet to get to either of the top left, top right, or bottom right there is literally only one entrance to each area, and the entrances are fairly obfuscated.
>>
>>681513886
>exploring every area I could find.
Clearly, you didn't. Search more.
>>
>>681513886
exploration skill issue
explorelet filtered
git gud (at exploring)
try exploring
>>
>>681513886
you ever seen the movie Devils Advocate? thats what playing Elden Ring is like
>>
>>681513886
You probably skipped catacombs and caves, they lead to the grey areas
also
>10 skibidis
More than enough for Radahn, especially after they nerfed the dlc difficulty
>>
>>681515081
>>681515084
>>681515148
I don't see what else I could do besides ride my horse all along every single cliff face I see looking for caves, and the idea did occur to me, but that doesn't so fun or organic so that's why I never did it.
>>
why do you retards feel the need to make more elden ring threads. there are several threads on the board already
>>
>>681515241
You know what I do when I see a thread about a topic I don't like? I don't click on it and I don't make a post in it.
>>
>>681514951
> Imagine if in the base game you could start and finish the entire game all within Altus and every other area in the game was optional.
you can do that yes, you only need to kill 2-3 runebearers to get to the capital
when i prepped my dlc char i was able to skip godrick, rykard and renala, came back for godrick later because i needed 2 runes
after that you kill morgott, burn melina and game ends
>>
>>681514951
>I was expecting the story to organically lead me throughout at least the majority of the map
Brainlet. You only need to kill 2 demigods in the basegame to pass Leyndell, so that makes +50% of the game completely optional
>>
>>681515214
do you want me to shov you exact caves you need to visit or what? they are pretty obvious
>>
>>681515506
I'm sure if I scowered along every cliff face I'd see them easily I was just hoping that the story would have brought me there in a way that feels more natural and less like I'm just trying to do a checklist. I feel like if you're just focused on the story itself the DLC is incredibly barebones. It's literally just get revenge on Messmer > burn tree > kill Radahn. Wouldn't it have been nice if I was actually required to find these other areas in order to reach Radahn?
>>
>>681513886
Learning to read the map and picking out important looking structures and figuring out how to get to them is more satisfying to me than any tedious boss encounter. You can skip Rellena’s fight and get to Messmer’s fields by just finding the right spirit spring.
>>
File: 8945616512.png (795 KB, 524x591)
795 KB
795 KB PNG
>>681515214
You can easily find the path to this area and some other ones. Just look carefully at the map.
>>
File: NtAcJlX.jpg (296 KB, 882x628)
296 KB
296 KB JPG
>>681516106
All from games work this way, you can book it to the last boss and beat the game in 10hours if you want, optional bosses, quests and content are gated behind exploring the world
And exploring the world is the what dark souls games are about since demon's
Also i got no idea how tarded you can be to literally miss all of the picrel places THAT YOU ARE LITERALLY FORCED TO VISIT to advance the story
im not responding anymore you obviously are baiting
>>
>>681516335
I'm not upset that I couldn't find these areas, I'm upset that they feel totally irrelevant to the story and that the ending of the DLC can be reached so quickly. I was trying to naturally do things as slow as I could without deliberately searching literally every nook and cranny of the map (because that's not fun that's a chore) and I still felt like the experience was rushed as fuck.

>>681516923
>All from games work this way, you can book it to the last boss and beat the game in 10hours if you want, optional bosses, quests and content are gated behind exploring the world
Not to this extent. In the Ringed City DLC there is no area that you can miss entirely and still reach Gael, there are only sections of areas that are optional but never entire areas.
>Also i got no idea how tarded you can be to literally miss all of the picrel places THAT YOU ARE LITERALLY FORCED TO VISIT to advance the story
...explain how I got to Radahn without seeing them if the story "literally forced me to visit" them.
>>
>>681516106
Don't bother, these dumb niggers are actually just advocating that you miss as much as possible, no one is gonna play the entire game again and hope they find something they missed, they'll just look it up and go 'wow that's really fucking gay to have illusionary walls that are never brought up once and have the potential to be anywhere' because it IS stupid and poorly designed.
>yes we designed this level so that you can easily miss large portions of the game because you didn't take the time to touch every single wall and floor with a roll/attack
it's a joke, no one wants to spend time doing garbage like that, the game is so fucking huge and they expect me to take the time to double check walls and floors for this garbage? Get fucked man.
>>
>>681513886
This is kind of impressive, you've somehow managed to do nothing EXCEPT explore what is absolutely necessary to progress. I would expect that you'd have strayed from the core path at least by accident once or twice but it doesn't look like you have at all. You weren't even the least bit curious about that big cathedral landmark on your map?
>>
>>681517302
>I rushed to the end
>it feels rushed as fuck
>>
>>681516335
I fucking hated that area and the path leading to the abyss, almost fell asleep exploring it. I don't really feel that the DLC was rushed, but those parts made me believe it for a minute.
>>
>>681513886
Theres about two areas that can be very easy to miss but this is their game design, secondary content doesent have a big sign telling you where it is. Secret bosses and areas are actually secret and not insignificant areas of the map. Its always been this way, there being entire areas you can miss on multiple playthroughs has been the norm since ds1. Go look up a guide if you want to be spoonfed.
>>
>why game doesnt hold my hand the thread
imagine missing every miquella cross and point of interest even after multiple npcs tell you bout them plus they are visible from afar
just play skyrim lmao
>>
>>681513886
>couldn't find the Cerulean coast or the Rauh basin
My fucking dude how?
>>
>>681516106
>wouldnt it be nice if the open world game was also railroaded?
No. Thats just a linear game with large space between your next curated attraction
>>
>>681513886
The first region I found beyond the spawn was the dragon mountains, idk how you can claim to be exploring if you havent even found those. Or literally anything beyond what is required to progress the main story. There was a sum total of one area I used a guide to figure out how to get in and ive 100%ed the dlc, and ive got very little patience.
>>
>>681517560
I was massively curious about it and I looked for the path to reach it. When I couldn't find it I thought to myself "maybe I just have to keep progressing the story in order to get there".
I was fully expecting the story to take me to these far off corners of the map and I don't at all feel like I was wrong for expecting that.
>>
>>681517302
>I'm upset that they feel totally irrelevant to the story and that the ending of the DLC can be reached so quickly.
In the base game, Caelid, Mt Gelmir, all of the Siofra river areas, western Liurnia, southern Limgrave and the Consecrated Snowfield can all be skipped over. You can do a straight progression to Stormveil, then central Liurnia and the Raya Lucaria, then the magma tunnel (you're told of the shortcut) into Atlus, Leydell, Mountaintop, Farum and then Ashen Capital.
You can so Limgrave
>>
>>681517634
I don't know how many times I have to repeat that I was taking my sweet ass time and not trying to rush. The story naturally funnels you to the ending as quick as possible unless you actively resist doing what feels natural.
>>
>>681518485
I'm not asking to be railroaded, I'm just asking for the story to require you to experience more than 1/3 of the map. Optional areas are cool, more than 50% of the DLC being optional is not. I don't know why this suggestion has you guys so upset.
>>
>>681519120
>You can do a straight progression to Stormveil, then central Liurnia and the Raya Lucaria, then the magma tunnel (you're told of the shortcut) into Atlus, Leydell, Mountaintop, Farum and then Ashen Capital.
Right so that's five areas that are mandatory to the story compared to the DLC's two.
>>
>>681519526
Yes and the DLC is far smaller than the base guy despite everything? So comparatively the obligatory areas are also less.
>>
>>681519763
I don't know why there's so much pushback to my suggestion that the story of the DLC should encompass more than 1/3 of it's total surface area. At the very least shouldn't it have been mandatory to find all of Miquella's crosses to progress? The story literally starts with the premise of "follow Miquella's crosses" but it turns out they're utterly pointless, serve no narrative significance, and can be totally ignored.
>>
File: ayy salamao.gif (640 KB, 339x509)
640 KB
640 KB GIF
literally IQ gapped lmmaooooo
>>
>>681520089
The crosses end up taking you to every relevant spot of Miquella's journey.
I'm curious how you can possibly have missed the Pillar Path Cross grace and thus the way to get to both the river bed and then later Ceruleam coast, and also the Pillar Path Waypoint grace that then leads into dragon pit and thus Jagged Peak.
It's literally a road in on the map. If you note down there's a road that leads east and south from the Castle Ensis front site of grave. Did you feel no curiosity to go down that road?
>>
>>681517671
But that's part of the experience. You're supposed to feel surprised discovering important chunks of the map from unexpected places.
The way you find the Abyssal Woods is great.
>>
>>681513886
i did the opposite but still got similar (in a way) results. i did all the side shit before completing the shadow keep, i fought messmer with 17-18/20 scadutree upgrades and yet i still managed to brick up some quests lol
>>
>>681519069
>I don't at all feel like I was wrong for expecting that.
I would highly disagree. The main story of the base game only demands you kill 3 Shardbearers. It's entirely possible to miss Mohg, Radahn, Rykard, Melania, or Renalla, and all of their associated dungeons, though not during the same playthrough. Hell, just not doing Ranni's quest can leave you out of entire segments of the overworld/underground map. It takes some genuine effort to find all the areas on the base game map, and the DLC isn't that different. If anything I'd argue it's easier because there's nothing on the level of having to find the Haligtree medallion.
>>
>>681520421
>Did you feel no curiosity to go down that road?
I did but I felt greater curiosity to follow the story and learn more about Miquella and I assumed the story would take me down that road in time. I understand I could have looked at the map and put markers at every detail and checked literally every nook and cranny and I would have found these areas but that feels incredibly unnatrual and unfun to play like that. Exploring is fun when you look off in to the distance, see something, and go "hey that looks neat" and then you go check it out. It's not fun when you're treating a map like a checklist and trying to squeeze the DLC for all your money's worth by trying to do and see everything like the game is a chore. It would be nice if at least one point the story at the very least pointed towards an optional area through text or dialogue, even if that area still remains optional.
>>
>>681516923
darklight catacombs and dragon pit are main story required?
>>
>>681513886
>exploring every area I could find.
clearly not since only a couple areas are vaguely obtuse to get to
>>
>>681521378
Fair enough, but then we go back to the fact the main story of ER doesn't naturally lead you to a ton of places.
Just like how can miss almost half the base ER game, you can miss a lot by not going down the non story path.
>>
>>681521360
>on the level of having to find the Haligtree medallion.
All you have to do is find the giant gaping cave in Liurnia and then the dialogue that follows from there leads you directly to it. Is there dialogue in the DLC that mentions these optional areas? I didn't hear any.
>>
>>681521575
After Morgott Gideon has dialogue that mentions the hidden shardbearers, and even before that point you're probably already on the path to the Haligtree after meeting Latenna. I talked to as many NPCs as I could find as much as I can, reloading areas, fast traveling back and forth. I even discovered the dialogue with the horned grandma where you wear the head without any messages or guides telling me to do it. I don't remember any lines of dialogue mentioning any of the areas I missed.
>>
>>681514331
fuck the hinterlands, i hate that stupid clue (its not a clue, there's a clue for you) in front of the statue
everything else was simple, OP did not explore carefully, not that you even need to be careful
>>
>>681514951
>I told you I was looking around and exploring constantly
you were doing pretty awful job of it then
>>
>>681513886
>Why are massive sections of this DLC so hidden?
Because its fun to be rewarded for being thorough and nosy
>Why would they let me reach Radahn at a scadutree level so low it's basically impossible for me to beat him
Because they respect the player and assume he has a brain
>The difficulty curve seems fucked
Nothing is fucked, youre just getting wrecked because youre bad
>I honestly feel like this is an example of a massive flaw of the open world genre.
How the fuck did you somehow miss the guy between last boss who literally tells you this is the final fight? I thought you said you were following the story?
> I searched for hours for paths
You searched for HOURS and somehow managed to miss both a very obvious big building with caved in floor that lets you jump down AND a quite obvious big hidden wall in the castle?

Were you expecting the game to literally lead you on a leash like a little doggy to every nook and cranny of the map to make sure little Jimmy didnt miss anything or didnt have to explore anything on his own out of his own volition?

Stupid fucking retard jesus christ go back to your skyrims, shoo
>>
>>681521809
>meeting Latenna
That's about as out of the way as finding the pillar path waypoint grace and continuing down there to the dragon pit and then finding Jagged Peak.
>>
to me it all felt pretty intuitive. i do orienteering though.
>>
I get what both sides are saying. On OP's side I can see what he's getting at, it does seem goofy that the devs would make so many areas and not have the dlc story lead you through at least all regions in the area. Why would you create something that a player might entirely miss? But on the other hand I see what everyone else is saying, base Elden Ring was highly exploratory, this DLC was no different. Preferably I would have preferred two ways to get into each region and not having regions be dungeon locked, or even activating a shortcut route like you do in dungeons. But I think it's a valid question that received a valid answer.
>>
>>681522145
Gideon literally tells you exactly where she is.
>>
>>681522459
if there is no missable content then there is no player agency either.
>>
>>681521975
>Nothing is fucked, youre just getting wrecked because youre bad
If you had a brain and could read you'd have seen the part where I said every enemy in Enir Ilim was easily manageable and felt very level appropriate for scadutree blessing level ten. Then suddenly I'm in front of Radahn and the little speck I take out of his healthbar makes it look like I'm hitting him with an unupgraded broken straight sword.
>>
>>681521975
Nta but when I went to the Moorish Ruins I came across that big hole but saw a bunch of bloodstains of people dropping down and dying and I even threw a glass shard and it made the noise that indicated a fatal fall so I left that area alone thinking it was just part of the environment until another anon told me to go back to it.
>>
>>681513886
>Missing a major marked road in the starting area
>Missing a giant hole in a location just off the main path
>Missing straightforward drops right next to castle ensis, didn't even find the grace that's just sitting out in the open next to the cliff suspiciously close to the other graces
How are you this bad at exploration man
>>
>>681518458
Rauh basin is legitimately retarded because you get there by going to the OPPOSITE side of the map and going through a cave that leads there. That is monumentally stupid. I spent hours looking for how to get there around the waterfall and river yet there was nothing. Also you can tell it's badly designed given how many "STILL NO MAP..." messages there are after Romina. From did a terrible job with the map design here.
>>
>>681522729
It's one thing to miss a small dungeon or a branching siderooms; it's another to miss entire regions.
>>
>>681523034
>How are you this bad at exploration man
Every time I saw an area on the map I didn't know how to reach I thought "that looks very important so the story will probably take me there at some point" and before I knew it the story was over.
>>
File: cheers clinks.jpg (59 KB, 400x400)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
I missed the DLCs release because I was on a 2 week holiday. Few questions:

>Best level to start
>are the new quick greatswords fully dex? I Currently have a quality build on my main character
>how long is the DLC?
>>
>>681523559
Have you ever played one of these games before
Or like, Elden Ring at all before this dlc dropped
>>
>>681523454
>"STILL NO MAP..."
lmao I remember seeing this after hours of going "how the fuck do I reach that map fragment" and finally reaching a spot where I was certain would lead me to it.
>>
>>681523454
desu I found it by accident because I looked at the map and thought "I bet there's something in that pool of water" since there usually is
>>
>>681523639
>>Best level to start
100-200
>>are the new quick greatswords fully dex? I Currently have a quality build on my main character
You're good, but there's very few new weapons of each type so you'll only get one that isn't a somber meme weapon
>>how long is the DLC?
Somewhere in the ballpark of 20-50 hours depending on what you want to do, not counting time spent getting walled by bosses
>>
>>681520089
Criticizing a game for having too much optional content is a faggot take. Who cares if it is "part of the main story". Just play the rest of the DLC and enjoy the content. Who gives a shit if content is "required" to see the ending?
>>
>>681523654
>Have you ever played one of these games before
Yes and they didn't have maps so you never had moments of "how do I get there" you either got there or you didn't know it existed period. Also those areas didn't encompass 2/3 of the entire game.
>Or like, Elden Ring at all before this dlc dropped
Yes and most optional/hidden areas had questlines tied to them that led you there. I found the Haligtree and did Ranni's quest without a guide. Everyone ITT telling me I just "didn't explore good enough" is huffing paint because I did not have this problem whatsoever in the base game.
>>
>>681523454
I also spent hours trying to get at it through the logical place. Then I found the cave and it was fine.
There's no harm in wasting a bit of time. I ended up finding other neat things. I found the fog rift catacombs looking around for a way down for example
>>
>>681523639
Milady is quality, Rellana is FOUR STAT QUALITY, Leda is mostly dex with some faith but you get it pretty much at the end and it's more tuned for PvP
>>
>>681523974
I'm not criticising it for having too much optional content I'm criticising it for having too little mandatory story content. I didn't even realise the story was nearing it's end when I was in Enir Ilim, I thought I was only halfway through.
>>
>>681513886
there are multiple ways to get to most of those areas
you clearly didnt try very hard
>>
>>681524072
Why does that matter though there's enough other stuff to do? All the side content is same quality as the main content.
>>
>>681523982
>ooohhhhh the game didn't hold my haaaand enough, ohh I needed an NPC to tell me where to goooooo, I can't look around myself that's illegal
lmao
>>
>>681513886
You somehow found the hinterlands and didn't find jagged peak. This is a massive skill issue. Fromsoft did nothing wrong. You are an outlier and should never be catered to.
>>
>>681513886
Apart from Gravesite Plain and Scadus Altus, this DLC feels very disjointed and unfinished, if not empty.

>Rauh Base
Very small area that's basically a ravine, with one small town in it
>Rauh Ruins
Aesthetically pleasing area with 1 unique enemy but unfortunately consists of chalice dungeon-tier hallways with reused enemies and a scarlet rot area that appears out of nowhere and with no precedent
>Abyssal Woods
Unique area that's very empty apart from 3 unique enemies and a very short legacy dungeon
>Jagged Mountain
There's 3 enemies here, 2 of them are reused dragons. Exists only for spectacle
>Charo's Hidden Plain and Cerulean Coast
Empty fields with only copy-paste bosses
>Hinterlands
Empty fields whose 2nd part are just boring plains with hands and finger-weavers and barely anything to do
>Stone Coffin Fissure
Dungeon with 100% copy-paste enemies
>>
File: pobrane (27).jpg (53 KB, 736x663)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>>681523639
>>Best level to start
Doesnt really matter since your power level depends on DLC upgrade items. Have enough stats to use whatever you want to use, I went in at 150-something and was perfectly fine
>>are the new quick greatswords fully dex? I Currently have a quality build on my main character
One can be infused to scale with anything
Second one is dex with smaller faith/str scaling
Third one is str/dex/faith/int
>>how long is the DLC?
40-50 hours
>>
>>681515214
>Thinks of exploring
>Doesn't
>Laments on /v/ he couldn't find anything
Why are you like this op?
>>
>>681524235
I'm just butthurt that when I couldn't find how to get somewhere I gave up on looking for it because I assumed I was wasting my time and that I couldn't find it because it was gated behind story progression.

>>681524330
Reading comprehension of a five year old, I'm not asking for my hand to be held, I'm asking for the majority of the map to not be optional content and instead actually be incorporated into the story.

>>681524468
Are you retarded? Everything circled in red is what I missed. The Hinterlands is circled in red.
>>
>>681524682
>I'm asking for the majority of the map to not be optional content
So you mean unlike Elden Ring
lmao kill yourself
>>
>>681524543
>Doesnt really matter
*when I say doesnt really matter I mean it doesnt really matter if youre 130, 150 or 200, since power difference is minor between those. If youre giga underleveled then youre gonna get fucked tho
>>
>>681524682
>when I couldn't find how to get somewhere I gave up on looking for it because I assumed I was wasting my time and that I couldn't find it because it was gated behind story progression.
>>681524330
>>
File: mandatory areas.png (3.16 MB, 2003x970)
3.16 MB
3.16 MB PNG
>>681524753
Here's a comparison of the mandatory areas to complete the story in the Elden Ring base game versus the Shadow of the Erdtree DLC. Do you see the difference?
>>
>>681524682
It's funny because literally only Enir Ilim is gated by story progression
>>
>>681525723
I think it's funny how hard you had to cheat in both maps to make it look like you had a real point
>>
>>681525723
You need to kill Messmer, though
>>
>>681525723
literally only Leydell and Mountaintops are actually required, you can get your two Great Runes from anyone
>>
so what do you guys do with Runes in the DLC?
i dont want to level past 150 and already bought hundreds of smithing stones
>>
>>681525932
>cheat
go ahead and do it "fairly" yourself if you think I've misrepresented anything
>>
>>681525723
WTF how do you go from rellana's castle to the north part?
>>
>>681513886
If you think you explored then you suck at it. Not even sure how you have not found cerulean coast or upper rauh ruins when you managed to find the hinterlands
>>
>>681526138
>you can get your two Great Runes from anyone
Meaning you have to go through two of either Limgrave, Gelmir, Caelid, or Liurnia. Actually either way you have to go through Liurnia and Limgrave just to physically get to Altus so Godrick and Rennala make the most sense if you want to do it as quick as possible.
>>
>>681526274
You can't. Killing messier is a requirement to get to the final dungeon
>>
>>681526418
You can get to Mohg early too
>>
>>681526274
You're right I'm sorry I accidentally left out Messmer's castle but even including that is it really that much different?
>>
>>681526568
That's tacking on another area unnecessarily, much easier to kill Rennala while you're in Liurnia trying to get to Mohg.
>>
>>681526418
i think the fastest 2 runes are
>stormveil castle from the front into godrick
>help d so he gives you the warp to beast cleric
>pick 2 parts of the medallion
>set foot in altus to start carnival
>kill radahn
you can do this in like 30 minutes without doing any lenghty dungeon
>>
>>681525723
>Game bad because I can skip content
???
>>
>>681526896
No, DLC bad because 60% of the map has no relevance to the story
>>
>>681526974
>60% of the map has no relevance to the story
thats every open world game ever
>>
>>681526974
Why
>story
Fake fan
>>
>>681527029
Why do you post in a thread without reading the OP? I literally said this problem is a fault of the game being open world.
>>
>>681527123
>Fake fan
The gameplay in Soulsbornekiroring-likes is dogshit, admit it. Sekiro was the only one that was enjoyable for the gameplay itself, every other game in the series you play for the story, the art, the music, and the atmosphere.
>>
>>681527273
Then why are you here retard
>>
>>681526154
>i dont want to level past 150

Why? I'm Level 250.
>>
>>681527580
What the fuck kind of question even is that, why are you here? Why do you think, dumbass?
>>
>>681514331
Fuck off, the one time I forgot to hit the walls I ended up wasting hours looking for the abyss woods. Same shit with the statue where I followed the shaman clue and razed the village only to miss the exact place the gesture was. I looked both up in shame.
>>
>>681527816
>I intentionally go into threads about games I don't like and now I am mad
>>
>>681526974
>60% of the map has no relevance to the story

Going off the beaten path and finding a totally optional area like the Manse is MORE, not less, exciting than being dragged around to specific spots.
>>
>>681526154
Spirit tuning is a good rune sink even if you don't like using them for bosses it's fun to max them out so you can use them on some random mooks in a field
>>
>>681527902
This is my thread, I made it. I love these games but certainly not for the gameplay. Fuck off.
>>
File: Dab.jpg (145 KB, 640x853)
145 KB
145 KB JPG
>>681513886
>I feel like I've spoiled the ending
LMAO this dude thinks there's a real "ending" with like a cinematic and some explanation and a satisfying story conclusion or something oh my days
>>
>>681527995
>I love these games but certainly not for the gameplay
HAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>681528067
Outside of Sekiro and sometimes Elden Ring (depending on your build) no Fromsoft game has ever had good gameplay.
>>
It does seem like a...wasted potential that the main story doesn't hit each region at least once.
>>
>>681527719
do you still see summons/get invaded?
>>
>>681528223
You've lost, anon
>>
>>681528375
Medication. Now.
>>
>>681528439
You're here crying about there being optional content in a game you don't like, you need a fucking asylum
>>
File: GRJlR1QaUAAIBlI.jpg (478 KB, 1265x2048)
478 KB
478 KB JPG
>>681528237
I play offline for immersion.
>>
>>681528535
Have you been lobotomized? How many times do I have to tell you my issue is the sheer volume of optional content compared to the utter lack of story content? Story content should be more than the optional content, not less. That's how it's been for every past Fromsoft game.
>>
>>681528540
Based. Nothing more obnoxious than having the "read message" or "touch bloodstain" notice cluttering up your screen while you're mid dramatic dialogue with an NPC
>>
>>681521975
>Because its fun to be rewarded for being thorough and nosy
It's really that simple, and the better hidden something is, the better it feels to discover it for yourself.
>>
File: 1719818687817674m.jpg (92 KB, 1024x881)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
>>681528821
I mostly see people saying they need to play online so they can see traps coming...why would anyone want to play like that, especially on their first time through? Writing messages is fun, but...
>>
>>681528693
>story content
You keep saying this, yet you do not seem to know what it mean, confusing it with "required content"
Kill yourself
>>
>>681529161
If it's not mentioned in NPC dialogue it's not story content.
>>
>>681527995
Do you seriously only play these games for the story? What a fucking gay ass retard. No wonder you made such a shitty thread. Get out of gaming you fucking cancerous piece of shit
>>
>>681513886
There's nothing interesting in those big greyed out sections anyway man, the DLC is just unfinished and further proof that From has no business making open world games.
>>
>>681529354
>he's playing it for the gameplay
Genuinely why? Please help me understand why you want good gameplay and you pick Elden Ring when there's thousands of games out there with gameplay ten times better?
>>
>>681528821
enjoy having to hit every single wall and never finding any secrets
>>
>>681529353
So then by that metric you missed story content because you're a fucking retard
>>
>>681513886
for me this is not bad design, quite the opposite. the fact that many locations are so well hidden is what many people like about these games. I don't want the game to guide me through all the areas as if I were on a museum tour.
>>
File: buddy3.jpg (568 KB, 750x942)
568 KB
568 KB JPG
>>681513886
I can get how you can miss the path to Cerulean Coast. But missing the cave that leads to lower Ruah, the giant hole in the ground that leads to Bonny Village, or missing the Dragon's Pit is pretty much your fault.
>>
File: 1646730011144.jpg (15 KB, 309x269)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
So how is the "as big of limgrave" argument about the DLC btw?
>>
>>681513886
Faggots like you are the reason why DS3 was so linear
>>
>>681529832
stupid frogposter
>>
>>681529832
It is way bigger than Limgrave. Like 3 Limgraves stacked on top of each other thanks to constant change in elevation.
>>
>>681529507
I'm not going to argure with you about the gameplay because a faggot who ONLY plays games for the story doesn't deserve to have their opinions on gameplay heard anyway. Faggots like you ate genuinely a cancer that is killing gaming. Fuck off and leave
>>
>>681530149
>who ONLY plays games for the story
I didn't say that retard, just that the story is the main reason you play Fromsoft games. MAIN. Not only. You're too stupid to even know what to argue against.
>>
>>681529832
That was literally marketing from Miyazaki, anon
Anyone who believes any estimates he gives is a retard with no pattern recognition
>>
>>681530458
Doesn't change jackshit. Anyone who plays a game primarily for the story is still fucking cancerous ass retard.
>>
>>681529832
I was expecting that and was initially impressed at how much bigger it was, only to be disappointed when all the new areas I was exploring turned out to be empty chores.
>>
>>681530663
You'll grow out of this
>>
>>681529832
Thats straight up a lie.

Its considerably bigger than Limgrave.

Miyazaki was really underselling the size of this DLC with that comment, maybe its the jap humility speaking and he wanted to underpromise and overdeliver like this
>>
>>681530769
No I fucking won't. If anythin I grew into this after seeing how games have shifted over the past 30 years. Get the fuck out of gaming if you aren't there for the part that actually makes it a game.
>>
>>681530972
This too shall pass.
>>
>>681531073
Wow. So fucking deap. You must think you're quite the genius. Go read a book.
>>
File: 56956396259.png (593 KB, 574x519)
593 KB
593 KB PNG
>>681513886
thoroughly search these two locations
>>
>>681531184
Namaste.
>>
>>681529539
Not that much different than playing online with the millions of "try attacking" posts.
>>
>Why are massive sections of this DLC so hidden?
Honestly you're just retarded
>>
>>681531310
Name one other fromsoft DLC where 2/3 of the content is optional
>>
Why are any of you faggots in this thread even helping this kid?
Stop Spoonfeeding him.

If he can't open his eyes, then that's on him.
>>
>>681513886
> exploring every area I could find
yeah sure, for some reason I managed to find everything else except scadutree base and abyss woods
>>
>>681531225
Jesus fuck you are only further enforcing how much of a cancerous retard you are. You do realize that there is still story and lore behind all the optional bosses in the game, right? Who even gives a shit if it is part of the "main story"? The other areas still expand on the lore and setting. I genuinely don't know what is wrong with you.
>>
>>681531225
>Outs himself as either a poo or a self-obsessed hippie
>>
Igon is probably still screaming in the road on the way to the catacomb that leads to the entire south and southeast. The north is accesses through the back entrance of shadow keep, which is acessss by a hole in ruins in the middle of the map near Dryleaf Dane.

Honestly like 6 zones are accesses through Shadow Keep somehow.
>>
>>681530815
god anya is so cute
>>
>>681531452
Name one other game where this is bad
>>
>>681531547
>>681531890
I forgive you.
>>
>>681531547
>>681531890
>Gettying this mad over someone fucking with you this obviously, with this little effort
Really not beating the retard allegations
>>
>>681513886
Should have looked up guides retard
>>
>>681521975
>Because its fun to be rewarded for being thorough and nosy
This
>Because they respect the player and assume he has a brain
And also this, the only ""problem"" with this DLC and with Elden Ring to a lesser degree is that they respect the player's intelligence too much, most gaymers are drooling morons who'd rather follow a Skyrim compass than actually pay attention to the environment.
>>
>>681532408
Answer the goddamn question. What differences does it make if it is part of the "main story" if the side content still adds to the lore, story, and characters?
>>
Extremely teenaged thread.
>>
>>681526743
It's not about easier, it's about what's "required"
>>
wooow this dlc sucks, how was I supposed to know I had to go to some magic castle to see the rest of it
>>
>>681532528
Someone acting like a retard deserves to be called a retard, regardless of if he's being ironic or not. OP is a retard through and through.
>>
i explored and found it all myself
in fact the only thing i ended up missing was thiolliers questline

maybe you're just retarded
>>
>>681515241
Sorry your midna 34 thread got bumped off
>>
>>681522325
Nobody cares that you’re Asian, anon
>>
>>681529670
The exploration is the challenge and the fragments are the level up mechanics
>>
>>681513886
>I searched for hours for paths to get the other map fragments and I couldn't find them so I just gave up
maybe OPs true problem was that he was a blind retard all along
>>
File: 1707529621865613.jpg (145 KB, 856x892)
145 KB
145 KB JPG
>>681513886
>>
>>681513886
It's really interesting how many FromSoft bootlickers there are. Every single thing needs to be aggressively excused, because From cannot make one mistake or bad design decision.

OP, I get what youre saying. Both finger ruins and abyssal woods and ill say jagged peak as well, are all basically empty. They take massive portions of the map, and the abyssal woods is right in the middle of the map.

There is a giant section of map hidden behind a fucking Marika statue you need to dab in front of, but to do that dab, you need to have not missed 1 (one) tree in 1 (one) villlage. That village is accessed by falling into a hole.

When I approached that hole, there were bloodstains around it, and when I dropped into it I died. This implies theres another way. There isn't. Matter of fact, if you get softly lead to believe you can't falll into that hole, you are now locked out of the entire WEST side of the map without realizing it, because why would a hole on the other side of the map lead to the entire west?

There is another section behind a fucking illusory wall in a random ladder.

FromSoft has always had these obtuse optional areas, but they were always in relatively linear games. In a world where theres miles and miles of emptiness that more often than not leads to a fucking cookbook or Smithing Stone 4, the entire experience becomes exhausting.

On top of that, simply approaching Shadow Keep bricks entire questlines.

Jagged Peak is one of the first things you see in the DLC in the distance, and feels like an important place. There is definitely something extremely important at the top of that mountain, and climbing up it feels very endgame-y. But alas, nothing takes you there. It is literally one giant optional hallway with 4 shit dragon fights.

The worst part is all this exploration is necessary to not miss out on skibidi fragments. If you get to Messmer or Radahn too early, without finding these "optional" places, the bosses hard wall you.
>>
>>681535307
All of FromSoftware's designs contradict and antagonize each other. The inception of these ideas is always harmonious: entering the DLC, to beating the Dancing Lion, is perfectly designed. Because it is where there are the least amount of contradictory designs. The game falls apart after that.

The same way that beginning to Limgrave to Godrick is absolute peak. FromSoftware just have no idea how to juggle a million different things and their designs just begin to fall apart once enough optionality is introduced.
>>
The gap between using faggot spirit ashes that clog the loot pool and not using it is MASSIVE.
It should have been a choice; do you use this to summon? Or to somehow strengthen your character? Imagine if all those gay ass gloveworts were used to enhance weapons further, like adding a second ash of war to weapons or improving the scaling on a weapon
Or SOMETHING, it should be a choice so that non summoners don't feel like an entire gameplay mechanic is being wasted.
It doesn't even make sense, did fromsoft truly expect veterans to play with this mechanic? Barring the difficulty it is just like any other summon where it SHATTERS boss AI. It's so fucking weird, and the thing is not even spirit ash enjoyers must like finding so many of those dam materials. Why would you upgrade anything but the strongest ash you have? Aka Mimic tear or like 2 other options. Finding my 100th spirit ash is like Wut? Why the fuck would I use the imp that shoots cannons over mimic tear? It's just such a dumb poorly thought of gameplay design.
>>
>>681532638
It makes all the difference in the world.
>>
>>681535307
I feel the same way, I enjoyed the dlc but lets not pretend its perfect
>>
>>681526743
You can skip rellana as well, you can skip so much. It's one of the aspects I adore about these games.
>>
>>681534719
Fuck
>Finger ruins are located in the fingers corresponding to the three fingers
FUCK
>>
>>681535307
>OP, I get what youre saying. Both finger ruins and abyssal woods and ill say jagged peak as well, are all basically empty
I don't think you got what OP was saying
He is literally (literally) upset that the game has optional content and he wasn't specifically told to go to these locations by an NPC(except for the NPCs he missed because he's retarded, of course)
>>
>>681535307
>simply approaching Shadow Keep bricks entire questlines.
wrong, it just progresses them, at most you miss some dialog and one interaction that can lead to an alternate reward in one quest
>There is definitely something extremely important at the top of that mountain, and climbing up it feels very endgame-y. But alas, nothing takes you there.
Except a loud ass screaming npc you encounter at the start of a major path visible on the map in the first fucking area of the dlc
You people NEED to kill yourselves

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.