[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

What games will let me be a tacticool spec ops or mercenary cyberpunk agent?

Does Cyberpunk 2077 allow me to get tacticool like that? What about Starfield?
>>
>>681513925
Just play Fear
>>
>>681513925
Do not bother with starfield, it doesn't come close to what you're looking for.
>>
>>681513925
Deus Ex and it's sequels to some extent. Neotokyo is a source mod that is basically GitS meets Counter-Strike, but the playerbase is a bit sparse. >>681514035 's recommendation of FEAR is probably the best recommendation for super badass tacticool spec ops shit, but it's more contemporary horror than outright cyberpunk. Syndicate (1993) and Syndicate Wars are Real Time Tactics games where you control a team of them.
>>
>>681513925
>Does Cyberpunk 2077 allow me to get tacticool like that?
Cyberpunk 2077 is essentially a very basic version of the Deus Ex formula stretched out on an oversized world. The open world is actually almost entirely window dressing, and the majority of the gameplay is actually located in the individual missions, which 90% of the time are your basic semi-open collection of halls and rooms with multiple points of ingress and multiple paths through them dotted by patrolling enemies, cameras and security measures, and you get to chose if you want to sneak around and take enemies out one-by-one, go guns blazing, or use hacks and mobility tools to get around problems. It's not bad, it works much like DX did, but due to how many of these levels there are and how open the game is, the quality and depth of these systems is lessened, and each of them individually is usually quite small.
So if you thought DX formula satisfies your need for "tactool" or mercenary and you are fine with it not been super-deeply developed, it's an OK title. Not great, but OK. Everything around those infiltration missions is really just decoration and nothing more.

Starfield is nothing like this, it's just another dull Bethesda game where combat is always the only answer, and it's not a satisfying one either. It's just... incredibly dull and underwhelming, I can't recommend any aspect of it.
>>
>>681513925
>a tacticool spec ops or mercenary cyberpunk agent
this one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2waerLTRhg

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.