[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: miquella.jpg (204 KB, 1000x600)
204 KB
204 KB JPG
base game Miquella
>obsessed with curing his sister's rot
>obsessed with curing Godwyn of his undeath
>obsessed with warding off all outer gods
>built a Haligtree to house the downtrodden
>had sinister mind control powers despite all the good things he did

DLC Miquella
>all he ever cared about was being the world's biggest Radahn simp
>every single person ever is under his mind control now
>multiple speeches about how scary and sinister his love is, but also we're supposed to think it's terrible when he abandons his love for some reason
>Radahn revival is retarded and has absolutely zero connection to base game lore, feels like a fanfiction
>>
>zoomer's first encounter with a literary device known as "character development"
>>
>>681527608
>character development means throwing away all established characterization and plot threads for gay fanfiction
>>
>>681526016
Stalled with no permanent solution
Failed
Again stalled with no permanent solution
And he did
>had sinister mind control powers despite all the good things he did
Yes

>all he ever cared about was being the world's biggest Radahn simp
He wanted to be a god to resolve all listed issues above
>every single person ever is under his mind control now
He wanted world peace and that was the only way to do it
>multiple speeches about how scary and sinister his love is, but also we're supposed to think it's terrible when he abandons his love for some reason
Anon cannot differentiate between compelling Love and his own love for others which is also hollow and completely ideologically driven after casting away Trina
>Radahn revival is retarded and has absolutely zero connection to base game lore, feels like a fanfiction
Fair

Anon the entire journey of Miquella is that all his previous plans kept failing or stalling out and him turning to godhood is a last attempt to gain the power to make the perfect world thus losing himself as a person in the process.
>>
>>681526016
>>681528328
you're too retarded to see that everything he tried, failed. That is the desperation that drove him to abandon everything and try godhood. Same thing that Ranni did in the base game. Read more books, zoomzoom
>>
>>681528720
Except he failed for a reason he fucking caused himself. It is heavily implied in the base game that getting Mohgnapped is what led to the death of the Haligtree and the rest of the issues since he couldn't help Malenia or get the Eclipse in order as he was stuck in the cocoon being bloodraped. Except actually he was planning on being kidnapped the entire time and his plan from the very beginning was forcing Radahn to be his consort. I actually would'v been fine if the whole Shadowlands plot was a desperation move after everything went horribly wrong, but that is NOT how it's described. St. Trina's plot has zero narrative weight to it since he was already a yandere psycho prior to abandoning his "love", why should I give a fuck
>>
>>681529086
>It is heavily implied in the base game that getting Mohgnapped is what led to the death of the Haligtree
wrong.
>Its left breast is emblazoned with the crest of the Haligtree. Though watered with Miquella's own blood since it was a sapling, the Haligtree ultimately failed to grow into an Erdtree.

>his plan from the very beginning was forcing Radahn to be his consort
wrong. Miquella's noble attempts failed and he went fell back to the promise they made when they were younger, godhood. You have to finish the DLC to know this, retard
>>
>>681528642
>Anon the entire journey of Miquella is that all his previous plans kept failing or stalling out and him turning to godhood is a last attempt to gain the power to make the perfect world thus losing himself as a person in the process.
The Haligtree only failed because he was stolen from it while cocooned, and allegedly he somehow charmed Mohg into stealing him so he made it fail so he could go to the shadow world and self destruct. Miquella's story is all over the place and doesn't come together.
>>
>>681526016
Please understand. George RR Martin is a very busy man.
>>
>>681529629
That doesn't disprove what I said, the rest of the lore about Miquella being ripped from the Haligtree and Mohg absconding with his body is the explanation as to why it failed to grow into the Erdtree. You are the one hasn't played the game because the DLC makes it clear he put everything into motion because he wanted to fuck Radahn
>>
>>681529793
Where does it explicitly say that the Haligtree failed on account of him being removed,because to my recollection that was just the most commonly assumed reasoning for it not working.
>>
>>681529895
>retard has never seen the size of a sapling
>retard has never seen how big the Haligtree is
kek play the game, lorelet faggot
>>
File: Haligtree.jpg (157 KB, 1339x1125)
157 KB
157 KB JPG
>>681529629
>Though watered with Miquella's own blood since it was a sapling, the Haligtree ultimately failed to grow into an Erdtree.
>>
>>681529951
no where. Haligtree knight armor tells of how Miquella watered the sapling with his blood. The Haligtree is now a giant failure. Plenty of time between those events for Mohg to have had any influence on its success
>>
File: 1718913398488.jpg (2.45 MB, 1920x2302)
2.45 MB
2.45 MB JPG
It wasn't a retcon, the DLC ties so many loose ends and every open question the base game had left. It was planned from the start.

Marika killed the Fell God of Fire, a deity of the Hornsent, and, after his grace, she became a Goddess herself at the Gate of Divinity. Becoming eternally cursed by the Giants, Marika discards Radagon, her cursed half, like Miquella with St. Trina. Radagon is Marika's Duty, the part that showed obedience to Matyr and was cursed.

This explains much about Messmer and Melina have Bestial/Crucible features and Marika's desire to seal them as well as the visipns of Fire they bore, being children of the Fell God, but also explains why the Twin Prpdigy are affected by constant rapid decay (Radagon's side) and eternal youth (Marika's side).

In search of an answer to Malenia's afflictions and his own curse lf eternal youth, Miquella attempts to create the Unalloyed Gold, so capable of defying their Fate as opposed to the grace of Marika's Gold, which was tainted by betrayal and curses.

When the Haligtree fails, Miquella proposes an alliance to Radahn, who is an inspiration to him for conquering the Stars that control the Fate of the Carians, and asks him to become his Lord Consort. For him to be resurrected in a vessel at the Gate of Divity so that Miquella could ascend to Godhood. Radahn accepts but only if defeated in battle, living by Godfrey's words that a crown is warranted with strength. The Battle of Aeonia ends in a stalemate and Radahn becomes feral until the Tarnished kills him.

Radahn's choice is foreshadowed by his Starscourge set, explaining how he was captivated by Lord Godfrey and his beast regent Serosh, and how he was fond of the furious, flaming red hair of his father Radagon. Miquella's choice of Radahn as
Consort is also foreshadowed by Rennala practicing reincarnation. Radahn willingly accepted his role as king regent of Miquella. Miquella states that him being killed is part of the vow and Radahn kept his promise.
>>
>>681530054
>shows picture of a not-Erdtree
thanks for reinforcing my point, i guess
>>
>>681529951
>Where does it explicitly say that the Haligtree failed on account of him being removed
See, this is the problem with nu-From's games. They deliberately withhold information to try and "surprise" people, like how if we're supposed to believe that Radahn was always planned to be Miquella's consort from the start, then the base game deliberately withheld any possible connection between the two of them from us so we could never establish the motive for the central conflict of the Shattering war as shown in the story trailer, which it turns out now was all a quest for bussy.

So something obvious like "taking the source of sustenance for the tree out of it couldn't be the cause of what killed the tree" becomes an impossible leap because of the fanbase From has cultivated with this kind of garbage storytelling.
>>
>>681529793
>The Haligtree only failed because he was stolen from it while cocooned
No, the Haligtree failed because the Eclipse failed. The Eclie was an attempt to use the souls of the wandering mausoleum demigods and grafte them like remembrances in the Haligtree
>>
>>681530193
Why would he embed himself into the tree then if it already failed? What's the point of going into the tree in the first place? We'll never know because hacks will defend anything Miyazaki sharts out as seen ITT
>>
>>681530284
>So something obvious like "taking the source of sustenance for the tree out of it couldn't be the cause of what killed the tree" becomes an impossible leap because of the fanbase From has cultivated with this kind of garbage storytelling.
But it was the most commonly held belief in lieu of other information because it made the most sense.
Then we got new info that showed that the previous understanding was in some way likely wrong and so have to develop new "theories of most consistency" in response.
Which is a pain by the way because reight now we are in the schizo headcannon part of lore crafting and thus have to wait for all the hype to die down before real discussion can happen..
>>
>>681530641
Oh, so Miquella was trying really hard to revive a nameless soulless demigod we don't give a shit about and definitely not the one named soulless demigod we do give a shit about despite his earlier connection demonstrating that he was the single person obsessed with curing that demigod?
>>
>>681526016
>muh lore
Don't care.
>>
>>681530641
There is fucking nothing supporting this.
>>
>>681530807
There is not a single mention of the Haligtree in the entire DLC. Nothing about Malenia (barring a single line about how her final words to Radahn was her telling him to spread his cheeks) or unalloyed gold either.
>>
>>681530808
>>681530878
He is a sctizo shitposter, same as the Marika Jar anon and many others. Just ignore him and eventually he will get bored and fade out of the threads like the "The Elden Ring is Legal Rules" type anons before him.
>>
>>681530807
>Then we got new info that showed that the previous understanding was in some way likely wrong and so have to develop new "theories of most consistency" in response.
Yeah the problem is that they had to deliberately withhold any connection between Miquella and Radahn in the base game for this shit to have been planned from the start, and why would they do that except to mislead people so they could be "surprised" when Radahn 2.0 shows up?

If they're deliberately misleading us, why should I care about trying to craft any functional theories now since there was absolutely no way to construct a workable theory out of what we had then if we're to believe this shit isn't a retcon?
>>
>>681530269
>Marika killed the Fell God of Fire, a deity of the Hornsent

No, the deity of the Hornsent that Marika defeated was the previous ruler, the Gloam Eyed Queen (the Godskins are visibly related to Hornsent Inquisitors and the Tower is full of Deathbirds). The Fell God of Fire (Fell from the Norse literally meaning mountain) is the god of the Mountaintops of the Giants, which is why the Giants got genocided later.
>>
>>681530772
>embed himself into the tree
schizo headcanon
>Hurr durr Mohg kidnapped Miquella
>but you can still see Miquella at the tree
ROFL
>>
File: 1705770808715.png (2.65 MB, 1920x1080)
2.65 MB
2.65 MB PNG
>>681530808
>was trying really hard to revive a nameless soulless demigod
he wasn't, he was trying to take the souls of soulless demigods
>>681530878
The Castle Sol NPC spirit, the NPC spirit talking about Marika's unwanted child, they all refer to nearby mausoleums guarded by Mausoleum Knights, and the Eclipse imagery all leads to Miquella using Deathblight and Deathblight infused artifacts to strip Remembrances from the Erdtree in order to put them (hewn into) for the Haligtree. Deathblight is a mystic power of having the Souls of corpses return to their original body. Miquella realizes that he could use it on the wanderibg mausoleum demigods through the Eclipse process, which keeps Destined Death at neay and frees souls from the Erdtree
>>
>>681531152
>No, the deity of the Hornsent that Marika defeated was the previous ruler
Wrong
"Once worshipped by the giants, this evil deity is believed to have been slain by Queen Marika" - One-Eyed Shield
"A stone mask surrounded by curled horns, depicting the fell god of fire that haunts the sagas of the hornsent." - Furnace Visage
Marika seduced and killed the Fell God, and that's how she acquired Godhood and the body she was messing with in the trailer.
>>
>>681531203
Okay you have to be trolling now, you can quite literally see the giant cocoon shaped hole in the Haligtree. It's also clearly not fucking Miquella retard, it's just a wooden visage of his form since he was embedded within it

So. The Haligtree, now but a husk... I heard speculation Miquella embedded himself in the Haligtree,
but before he could finish, someone cut the tree open and absconded with his infant form.
Indeed, it seems those words held weight. How vexing. That the All-knowing didn't have the full story...
Perhaps the Queen's sorrow was justified... Ah, my apologies. Lost myself, for a moment there.
>>
>>681531149
In my eyes the biggest anchor we have to internal consistency is the fact the GRRM wrote a big block of text defining the lore of the world up until The Shattering which for and after the From guys took over.
Under that knowledge we can assume that the bones of these characters were defined already and again up until the shattering and game events (of which we have known info of rewrites and cut content) there is an actually Lore Bible on some computer in Fromsoft.
>>
>>681528720
You've asserted something about Miquella's character. Please show some evidence supporting that. A line from him expressing feeling desperate over setbacks would do it.
>>
>>681531514
They didn't worship the Fell God, they were scared shitless of it.
>>
>>681531928
you should replay the DLC and try to find St Trina this time
>>
>>681531649
i concede this point. And your counter points for failed eclipse and failed to cure his sister?
>>
>>681532073
It was an evil deity that they did worship, like many societies did historically.
It's quite literally depicted with Crucible horns
>>
>>681532239
shizo headcanon ROFL
your move
>>
played all the games and don't care about any of the lore, why is radahn coming back to life a bad asspull when godwyn coming back to life sounds like the exact same asspull
>>
>>681532239
We have no idea why the Eclipse failed, could be due to Radahn's star bullshit but we have no idea. Miquella never failed at curing Malenia, she literally possesses an unfinished version of his needle that would've worked at subduing the Rot entirely if it was brought to Farum like we do to cure the FF, he just abandoned it because lmao fuck you for thinking the DLC will relate to the base game lore. Also the whole plot point of "failing to cure her" is completely meaningless when he sent her on a death crusade against an opponent she very much could have died from for the sole purpose of getting his anus pounded. He doesn't even bother to fucking help after she nuked herself where he spent his time kissing Redmanes and leaving Finley to save Malenia by herself. Again St. Trina's plot has zero impact because all the morally dubious shit he does happened before he divested himself of love
>>
It's so weak to bring back Radahn again and turning the whole lore into an incest family drama slop.
>>
>>681532765
Not good enough. I'll admit bringing Radahn back was cheesy garbage. But I still believe Miquella's characterization is consistent. The DLC and Base game lore IS very disjointed though. Like Rellana not having dialog or intro scene.
>>
>>681533287
Rellana not saying a goddamn thing is stupid. Also I know Hornsent wanted Mesmer dead but why wouldn't Miquella just ask for Mesmer's help? I'm sure Mesmer would have been happy to burn open the Tower and help slaughter a bunch more Hornsent fags for his brother's sake.
>>
>>681534130
miqy kind of forgot about the mesmer army
>>
>>681534130
I think burning the Sealing Tree required Messmer to sacrifice himself as kindling like Melina did. Not sure if he was up to that.
>>
>>681532086
I did, she gave me a very different story from what you're telling me. Try again and be more than a smartass about it
>>
>>681532613
>why is radahn coming back to life a bad asspull when godwyn coming back to life sounds like the exact same asspull
Because there are multiple references in the DLC to Miquella attempting to cure Godwyn's undeath. When you meat the enchanted Mohg who has kidnapped Miquella, he talks repeatedly about his dynasty "Mohgwyn" which is just Mohg's name with Godwyn's suffix. Godwyn is literally the first thing we learn about, his undeath is the catalyst for the entire story and thus resolving that would make for a satisfying conclusion.

Radahn 2.0 makes several characters worse and just begs the question of why we can't just bring everyone else back to life too.
>>
>>681534130
"Hey brother that is completely loyal to my mother, help me burn down your sealing tree so I can become the new god that displaces her"

What retard would imagine Messmer would help him in the first place?
>>
>>681535102
I honestly think they just made it Radahn because they saw how much people liked Radahn in the base game and thought people would enjoy fighting him at peak strength, fucking it up. He just wanted to have his own Ganondorf final fight.

I really dont think it was anything other then that.
>>
>>681534678
oh then you need to actually get to the final boss to hear what he says. It makes more sense that way
>>
>>681535616
So you have literally nothing. You're hopeless, OP bodied you and you can't recover. Bye
>>
>>681535616
Her says literally nothing new you dont already know by the time you reach him, its a huge complaint people have about the DLC itself, your just making shit up.
>>
>>681535839
>we WILL make the world a gentler place
>Godhood would be Miquella's prison. A caged divinity... is beyond saving.
>hurr durr this is not a desperate move
English is too hard for browns, I guess. Bye Carlos
>>
>>681535102
>of why we can't just bring everyone else back to life too.
pretty sure for the most part you can
>>
File: 1719252300360.png (49 KB, 720x262)
49 KB
49 KB PNG
>>681534130
Messmer used to have a line indicating he's spoken with Miquella, but it got cut. As it is I'm not sure what Miquella's actually doing for 90% of the DLC. He wanders into Shadow Keep and breaks his Great Rune right at the roots of the Scadutree, for no real reason?
>>
>>681536107
>Godhood would be Miquella's prison. A caged divinity... is beyond saving.
>Game doesnt show in anyway how it would be a prison
>"Its good writing, I swear"
>>
>>681536103
>her says
>your just
Kumar... I... you need English lessons before being able to comprehend lore, Patel
>>
>>681526016
The TWO YEARS of speculation and theory crafting threads really bit you in the ass, huh vaati? None of that shit you thought up or stole from here panned out
>>
>>681536216
you need to get to the final boss of the base game to see it
>>
>>681536274
>Says the retard with the headcanon
your such a loser, and the worst part is you know that about yourself
>>
>>681536391
Worked fine for Ranni
>>
>>681536391
>Marika gets fucked over by the elden ring
>Miquella's order wouldnt be built on the elden ring, but his own new order
>"Its totally the same guys, now believe my headcanon"
>>
File: GRVFOdpbQAAgx6a.jpg (117 KB, 858x1024)
117 KB
117 KB JPG
>>681536140
That actually makes a lot more sense. Miquella stopped by and said "hey, the tarnished who's been killing all of our siblings and taking their runes to become Elden Lord is here and he's probably going to come for you". But I'm confused if Miquella was waiting for you to burn open the Tower or if he had another way in and the Tower burning was only needed for Leda's quest to find Miquella.
>>
>>681526016
I just took it that at certain point in his existence and time in the lands between he just figured out all this other shit he was doing wasn't making things better and he slowly became insane and resorted to doing crazy shit.
>>
>>681536391
>marika is imprisoned because she broke the elden ring, not because of godhood
>there are several gods in ER lore shown to be dominant and not imprisoned
Use your words. This method of communication you cling to isn't healthy for your blood pressure. Get a therapist.
>>
>>681529086
>from the very beginning was forcing Radahn to be his consort
I hate this part. Would've been funny if Malenia had just been a jealous cow and fought Radahn for that reason. But Miquella using her to force Radahn to be his consort? Lame.
>>
>>681526016
Welcome to something that happen with DLCs:

1. Usually DLCs are done by a B team different from the one of base game
2. For the developers at the end of the day a game is a job, they don't even play the game once is ready so they don't know if everything match
>>
>>681536543
Its only needed for Leda's quest, he is working on the ritual from the time his greatrune shatters till when you show up.
>>
Eledn Ring lore is kind of interesting but the game itself gives you no reason to care about the world as everyone is dead and you have to reasearch why anything is happening, why every enemy in the game wants to kill you as an example.
>>
>>681536573
That's the easiest explanation and is in line with previous Souls games and the Lord Souls/Vendrick/literally fucking everybody in Dark Souls 3 and how they all went further and further down the rabbit hole trying to stave off hollowing.
>>
>>681536792
Except that Shadow of the Erdtree actually answers the base game questions and all that happened was heavily foreshadowed, starting from M9hg and Radahn being the only Shardbearer leaving no body in their arena. It also explains a lot
>>
>>681536391
Noticed you stopped replying after getting BTFO by the three other responses. Hopefully you'll use this as a learning experience but probably not.
>>
>>681536974
Game would have been better if the generic soldiers for each region were human looking instead of undead. Would have sold the idea that these kingdoms are all still semi functioning, but they all still hate you on site because you're a tarnished gunning for their liege's rune/soul.
>>
>>681528720
Ranni NEVER did that, her entire point is that she could pursue Godhood and actively chose not to
Marika had pretty much decided on her being the God of the next era after Godwyn was killed, and Ranni said fuck that

She flat out refuses to both throw away her humanity and her freedom, if anything she's the polar opposite of Miquella after the DLC, she's outwardly cold but actually cares a lot about her followers and family
>>
>>681537186
Saying that Moghdahn was foreshadowed is complete bullshit and you know it
>>
>no alternate ending where you use st. trinas eternal sleep on radahn
>"SHOULDN'T HAVE DISCARDED UR PURPLE PART, BITCH! now pick up your flesh body parts and 1v1 me"
>>
>>681536584
Marika broke the Elden Ring exactly because Godhood was a prison. She could achieve nothing, not even protect those she loved. She was forced to committ atrocities and ended up serving the Two Fingers only to find out the Greater Will had fucked off long ago. Godhood is a prison.
>>
>>681528720
I'm trans btw
>>
>>681537186
>starting from M9hg and Radahn being the only Shardbearer leaving no body in their arena
>"That totally was a forshadowing to a shity plot twist the fanbase uniformly got confused over because it was never brought up before hand"

There wasnt any forshadowing of it, your an actual retard trying to pretend post reveal that there was stuff when there wasnt.

They came up with a bad story that retcons alot of what we know about what came before for a terrible payoff in a lazy final boss, stop defending a turd.
>>
>>681537328
If I pick up all of Miquella's abandoned parts and rebuild Miquella, which one is Miquella?
>>
>>681537642
shota of Theseus
>>
>>681537309
It was.
Radahn's background and surrounding lore about conquering the Stars, Rennala's resurrection, his heritage and Godfrey's figure all makes him a prime candidate for king consort.
His body doesn't remain in the arena and turns to ash, burnt by the Great Rune, so it actually makes sense for his soul to find itself where all death converges in the Lands of Shadow.
>>
>The DLC says he is constantly abandoning his flesh
>But his flesh is already abandoned in the cocoon

Did they even play the base game before they wrote this dogshit?
>>
>>681537573
>RETCON RETCON RETCON
Sorry dude, Radahn's soul is quite literally the only one that could actually be in the Gate of Divinity, and Radahn's lore is about how he is proud of his heritage of Lord Radagon and such an honorable and strong warrior living by the sword and inspired by king consort Godfrey.
It makes a lot of sense
>>
>>681536516
>Miquella goes through the same divinity gate made of mountain of corpses that Marika went through
>definitely no shady deals were made!
they really need 30 minute cutscenes to handhold brainlets huh
>>681536584
>what is free will
Marika is imprisoned because she never had the freedom to do whatever she wanted. Your definition of "god" is no better than "slave"
>>
File: Nikochado.png (1.88 MB, 1170x1155)
1.88 MB
1.88 MB PNG
>We share the same oxygen with people that eats up everything and says it was all foreshadowed since the beggining.
>GRRM writing btw
Holy cringe
>>
>>681537195
you got owned so hard by a screencap and needed 3 big bros to save your ass LMAO
>Noticed you stopped replying
>>681536216
>>
>>681537989
It's possible that both the writing is bad AND you're a retard.
>>
>>681526016
He's a failure.
He failed in every last one of these.
>>
>>681537721
>Radahn's background and surrounding lore about conquering the Stars, Rennala's resurrection, his heritage and Godfrey's figure all makes him a prime candidate for king consort.
>Being a jacked man makes him a prime candidate for being king consort
>Ignores that any Tarnished could have been king consort as well, yours is just the one with the strength of will to actually accomplish it

Your argument is "he's jacked so he totally could" which is stupid as fuck. NO ONE was saying "hey, its clearly hinted that Miquella was in love with Radahn, which is why he sent Malenia to kill him". No one would ever have made such a connection until the game told you "oh, btw, Radahn is prime king material" post dlc launch.

Your again, using knowledge from post reveal to pretend that it existed beforehand, a completely retarded positon.
>>
>>681538134
The writing is bad, but, why am i a retard?
>>
>>681536974
Most enemies can just magically tell you're Tarnished on sight and want to kill you, don't think about it too hard.
>>
>>681537935
>Radahn's soul is quite literally the only one that could actually be in the Gate of Divinity

An actual fucking Lie you just made up on the spot like the lying piece of shit you are. The game doesnt even say "the gate has a soul in it" you blithering moron.

>>681537943
>Marika is imprisoned because she never had the freedom to do whatever she wanted.
She is imprisoned because the Elden Beast put her there for wounding it dumbass, the game literally tells you that.
>>
>>681538296
He's a brainlet, ignore him.
>>
>>681538431
>An actual fucking Lie you just made up on the spot like the lying piece of shit you are. The game doesnt even say "the gate has a soul in it" you blithering moron.
The game says that all manners of deatb ends in the Realm of Shadow. Radahn's body burns because of the Great Rune inside, and his soul ends up in the Realm of Shadow, at the center of the Lands Between. It's the only Demigod that doesn't leave a body, you know why? Because Miyazaki planned it, it's that simple.
>>
>>681526016
There's a lore description on radahn's items that someone whispered into his ears that Miquella was awaiting his consort.

The trailer has Malenia whispering something in his Radahn's ears before she blooms.

You could connect the dots and surmise that Miquella wanted Radahn's soul separated from his body, which he can then inject into Mohg's corpse. This corpse injection plot is revealed by ansbach if you do his quest line.
>>
>>681529086
>he failed because he failed

based retard
>>
>>681538685
>The game says that all manners of death ends in the Realm of Shadow.

It doesn't say its in the divine gate you retard! Your just adding your own headcanon and trying to justify it with stuff that doesnt support it. Stop moving goal posts each time your caught blatently lying.

Also, why the fuck you Radahn's body disappearing matter at all when he was supposed to get an entirely new one? Your again making up shit. "H-his rune burned his body away" no it fucking didnt, we dont see him burn when we kill him you dumbass and not a single description in the game says as much.

>Because Miyazaki planned it, it's that simple.
Yeah, he planned it soooo much he put ZERO hints at all in the base game.
>>
>>681538705
Why does Radahn need to die though? Miquella says it was a promised vow between them, they never tell us WHY Radahn wouldn't just join Miquella without fighting.

Unless Miquella just imagined Radahn being his consort randomly without talking to him, which is pants on head retarded.
>>
>>681537270
>these kingdoms are all still semi functioning
Wait they're supposed to be functioning? Is there supposed to be a society in Elden Ring?
I thought it was just post apocalypse slop?

Where are the towns? What do they eat?
what is Godrick's tax policy?
>>
>>681538685
Just remembered that the body shit isn't even true because we know what happens to Radahn's body, Alexander fucking eats him
>>
>>681538431
>She is imprisoned because the Elden Beast put her there
So the theme of Gods having no agency but to serve a higher being was already shown in the game
>>
>>681538406
>tell you're Tarnished
I still don't understand what this even means
>>
>>681539594
Radahn won a festival when they were very young and probably promised to be his consort (shit you've seen in Game of thrones). Adult Radahn figured out he had better things to do like riding his horse
>>
>>681540089
Peak writing and I'm not joking. Its ideas like that that can make a mfer side with Goldmask.
>>
>>681539842
The DLC shows this isn't even the case either because the GW fucked off before Marika was a sperm cell and doesn't give a shit what she or anyone else does. Marika was a retard that got scammed by a thumb with daddy issues, and I doubt the Elden Beast is even sentient beyond being a glorified guard dog
>>
>>681526016
This. They fucked the lore and now we’re here holding our balls
>>
>>681540236
>The mother of truth craves wounds. When Mohg stood before her, deep underground, his accursed blood erupted with fire, and besotted with the defilement that he was born into.
>>
>>681526016
This
>>
File: 1692179521879574.png (97 KB, 1416x664)
97 KB
97 KB PNG
which is it. Continents on one world or other realities/dimensions? Maybe the lands between are the lands between realities. LoS below. What's above?
>>
>>681538705
>The trailer has Malenia whispering something in his Radahn's ears before she blooms.
This is not foreshadowing. This is just a mystery box and the devs can retroactively put whatever answer in after the fact.
>>
>>681536543
Miquela was discarding himself to get into the tower past the shadow curse.
>>
>>681530269
>miquella attempts to create unalloyed gold
Wrong. Completely wrong
>>
>>681540849
Ok? We're talking about Marika retard, Mohg isn't a god either. This isn't even a good example since Morgott has the same blood and he sealed it and fucked off to do his own thing
>>
>>681541468
>tries to make a point about outer gods having no influence on Lands Between
>no not THAT outer god
kek
>>
>>681541160
Shadowlands are supposed to fill the hole in the center of the Lands Between.

Marika is hiding it under her bed drapes, because it was originally supposed to be related to dream stuff, but all the dream Miquella stuff was totally abandoned, so Trina is now just randomly, in reality.
>>
>>681541630
That wasn't your argument at all, it was that all Gods are beholden to a higher power which isn't true
>>
>>681541652
The fact that they couldn't even be bothered to add the DLC to the base game map in the middle just fucking baffles me. The whole thing feels so insanely disjointed.
>>
>>681537642
The one with the cutest ass.
>>
>>681542176
It makes sense being hidden.

That is probably the least incoherent thing about the new lore dump.
>>
>>681541721
>retard thinks Malenia has agency to discard the rot's goddess influence whenever she wants
>lorelet conveniently forgets that even Ranni's speech keeps in line with the theme of cold, distant Dark Moon
>somehow miquella is immune to all of these external influences
KEK
>>
>>681541652
I dunno about that. There's lore in the game about the shadowtree growing in response to the erdtree. like it's counterpart
>>
>>681542473
That doesn't conflict with anything I suggested.
>>
File: fe9.jpg (89 KB, 1080x686)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
>>681527608
>>
>>681542319
What higher power is Miquella fucking with then? The secretive outer god of anal sex?
>>
>>681542617
oh i do think the DLC is pretty bad in terms of fights and the world. Not the lore though. Any meme to help you out with that?
>>
>>681542319
>ignores Marika not actually being beholden to the GW since it fucked off
>brings up Mohg for some reason when he isn't even an Empyrean

Malenia is implied to have been cursed due to Romina and the dark moon is just a fucking rock
>>
>>681542858
the lore is retarded
the gate of divinity is a big retcon that makes no sense
Marika was a God because of the Elden Ring
Malenia the God of Rot
having a magical gate that makes you a god goes against Marika needing the GW
>>
>>681539976
Marika took her divine blessing away from Godfrey and his personal retinue of soldiers which turned them into Tarnished and exiled them from The Lands Between. From there the original Tarnished spread across the world living and fighting and dying and creating unblessed bloodlines.
Then when no demigod won the shattering Marika returned Grace to the Tarnished in the form of the Golden checkpoints. Resurrecting those from among their bloodlines history who had the potential to defeat the Demigods and become Elden Lord, and brought them back to The Lands between.
Go look at Kenith Height's eyes and compare them to normal human eyes. That Golden Glow is the sign of someone born with Grace who has never had it removed and its how enemies can single you out.
Basically the Tarnished are the end result of Marika's backup plan of forcing people out into the wider world to struggle and become stong in the face of adversity and to return and defeat the relatively softer decadence of The Lands Between if everything went to shit.
>>
File: 1719352865460641.webm (62 KB, 214x248)
62 KB
62 KB WEBM
>>681526016
God I hate miquella fags ruining threads and being retarded OPs every single time
>>
>>681543050
the lore is trash

it had hope before because there was implicitly room for DLC to resolve things or answer questions
but the DLC made it even less coherent
>>
>>681543050
Its like two guys who are buthurt over no Godwyn, and and another guy who is made he doesn't get to fuck the shota.
>>
>>681543153
It answered the Dragon Questions really well.
>>
>>681543250
Anon I don't think anybody is satisfied with the Radhan finale other than those guys that were attached to Radhan's cock since the game released. Using a DLC to retread a closed book is dumb and gay.
>>
>>681543153
>DLC to resolve things or answer questions
What a grand and intoxicating innocence. Only more mysteries for you, no answers.
>>
File: IMG_2032.jpg (985 KB, 2856x3986)
985 KB
985 KB JPG
If Radahn agreed to be a consort on the condition of being defeated in honorable battle. Why the fuck would they both bring their armies to the fight? Why nuke all of Caelid? The entire war seems even more retarded if it was an honor duel, an honor duel that failed even.
>>
>>681543434
No it didnt.

Who the fuck was Placidusax's god that fled?
What was the relationship between the dragons and the crucible?
The timeline is still vaguer than ever regarding the emergence of dragons vs humans vs the evolutionary imagery.
>>
To me the Radahn choice seems obvious. Miquella wanted to become god and needed consort - of all the options why not the guy who is literally the strongest in the world?

>>681543250
People complaining about Godwyn is the most clear lack of literacy possible. He is explicitly stated to be super, irreparably dead, deader than anyone has ever been, and is the most important event in the lore. It'd be way worse writing if he was brought back to life.
>>
>>681543724
Artorias answered questions.
Old Hunters answered questions.

Go figure those are their most celebrated DLCs.
>>
>>681543685
True but the Miquela fags are the only ones that keep bringing it up. Everyone but the Radahn Dickriders didn't like it and now we all just have to move on and accept its place in the lore.
>>
File: i6xawfe1049d1.png (520 KB, 1200x4894)
520 KB
520 KB PNG
>>681543434
The dragon content really was the only story content I genuinely loved in the dlc. Having Igon going full Ahab as you fight Bayle which was 100x more fun then the actual final boss made it even better.
>>
the one thing I disliked a lot about the DLC is like, in the base game you ride aroudn these ruins and eventually you come across castle stormveil o nthe hill and it's big and fantastically built which is cool. Then you get to liurnia and you see the academy on the big hill which is cool too. It's impressive and those things stand out, and characters all refer to these things.
then you get to the DLC and there's just this absolutely fucking gigantic fuck off black castle almost as big as the erdtree. Zero mention of the thing in the entire game as far as I can tell. I mean like yeah it's there and messmer lives in it but it's like they just decided yep time to make something fucking huge to one-up the base game!
>>
>>681526016
Miquella is broken by his failures, speedreader.
>>
>>681529793
There's an item description that says Miquella watered the Haligtree with his own blood from the time it was a sapling but it never became an Erdtree.
>>
File: runes.png (541 KB, 1086x525)
541 KB
541 KB PNG
>>681543019
Marika literally gathered the Great Runes by massacring everyone and forged the Ring in front of the gate... so. Also Malenia isn't the God of Rot. she's an Empyrean with the influence of Goddess of Rot.

>>681543006
>It was the vassal beast of the Greater Will and living incarnation of the concept of Order.
no its influence is still very literal

>Malenia is implied to have been cursed due to Romina
holy lorelet.
>Miquella and Malenia are both the children of a single god. As such they are both Empyreans, but suffered afflictions from birth.
>One was cursed with eternal childhood, and the other harbored rot within.

brought up mohg interacting with an outer god to illustrate to the lorelet that outer gods have very direct influence on Lands Between
>>
>>681526016
Are malenia x miquella fags still seething?
>>
>>681544765
Tarnised x Miquella fags are seething
>>
The greater will is the player
the fingers are the fingers you use to control your character
>>
>>681543782
We didn't even know the consort shit was something that had to be done until the DLC and there is zero meaningful connection between Miquella and Radahn besides him being an obstacle to his plans as originally thought instead of the goal. Godwyn at least we knew Miquella had a connection with him in the base game with how he wanted to give him a true death and whatever was going on with the Eclipse. It wasn't even that Radahn was the strongest, it was that he was nice which definitely makes more sense for the guy who idolizes Godfrey, someone so bloodthirsty he needs a lion biting him at all times to avoid going psycho, and whom his own followers say was someone who reveled in war and bloodshed, instead of Godwyn who spared the ancient dragons and bro'd them up despite them laying waste to Leyndell a week ago.
>>
>>681530269
>Yeah I'll marry you if you can beat me in a fight
Is radahn a faggot?
>>
>>681544519
Except he isn't because the Radahn plan was what he was always going for, there is nothing in the game implying it was a last ditch effort
>>
>>681526016
Only an honest death will cure him.
>>
>Faggot shit
Guess I'm skipping it
>>
>>681542176
You can see in the trailer that there's a scene where the veil is lifted, and pre-release they spoke about the DLC changing the base-game map. This is absolutely cut content.
>>
>>681544960
Elden Lord consort thing was repeated quite alot.
>Placidusax the fighter for a dragon god that left him
>Godfrey the warrior for Marika
>Tarnished the fighter for Ranni
So the theme of warrior consort and the god is the "intelligent planner" so to speak.
>Radahn for Miqeulla
>>
>>681544816
Nah we won.

>Malenia alone and dead(I killed her)
>Kill radahn
>Still have miqs crown
>Become elden lord
>Revive him now that he has been properly corrected
>Plap his bussy every night
>>
>>681545514
I wish that was an ending, but it's not.
>>
>>681544680
I'm not arguing that Outer Gods don't have influence you fucking retard, only that there's no evidence to all gods being beholden to some higher power. Marika can literally do whatever the fuck she wants besides shattering the Elden Ring.

>holy lorelet
>After the church was burned to the ground, Romina discovered a twisted divine element, which she weaved into the baleful scarlet rot
>perhaps then, the buds might find somewhere to gain purchase once more, within the scorched remains
>>
>>681545061
He's fightsexual, only people who can defeat him are worth fucking. Malenia had to do the cheapshot so she's a lil bitch but I bet he was rocking a semi during the first half of the fight with the player.
>>
>>681541652
the suppressing pillar suggests this also
>>
>>681545659
You become elden lord, the ending is whatever you want as long as you don't go with fractured or golden order.
>>
>>681545886
What about Age of Stars?
>>
>>681545886
Doesn't that mean the only options are Frenzy, Poopland, or Deathbedslutland though?
>>
>retard doesn't pay attention to the spots where the femboy ditches aspects of himself
>>
>>681544960
>We didn't even know the consort shit was something that had to be done until the DLC
It is shown to us several times. Placidusax and his unnamed god, Godfrey and Marika, and the whole plot of the game revolves around the Tarnished becoming the Elden Lord which involves being the consort of Marika (normal ending) or Ranni (Stars ending). Did you play the game? This isn't new it's quite literally the reason the Tarnished exist.
>zero meaningful connection between Miquella and Radahn
They're brothers. Implying that they don't know each other well is just inane. Idolising Godfrey doesn't automatically mean that someone isn't nice, he's someone strong who respects someone else strong. Hell, the game emphasizes the fact that Radahn specifically learns gravity magic so that he can bro around with his horse. Someone can show compassion to their loved ones as well as fight in a war, they're not mutually exclusive traits
>Godwyn at least we knew Miquella had a connection with him
But Godwyn is dead? This isn't something he can just get by. Miquella specifically tries to revive him but is unable to because Godwyn is permanently dead and cursed to be so forever. His soul is gone and his body is an ever-growing mass of pus.
>>
>>681531649
>So. The Haligtree, now but a husk... I heard speculation Miquella embedded himself in the Haligtree,
>but before he could finish, someone cut the tree open and absconded with his infant form.

>Trusting a quote
>From GIDEON OF ALL PEOPLE
>WHO WAS ABSOLUTELY PROVEN TO BE WRONG MULTIPLE TIMES

Yes please daddy retard keep telling me more
>>
>>681543025
this shit it way too complicated and has no thematic meaning for any of its complexities.

Elden Ring lore is when you give one of those r/WorldBuilding trannies millions of dollars to make a game. Just absolute drivel.
>>
>>681545726
>I'm not arguing that Outer Gods don't have influence
>there's no evidence to all gods being beholden to some higher power
HAHAHAHAHAHA if only you can see the irony of this contradiction.

>Messmer, a sibling of Malenia burns down a church and consequently affects her birth
talk about a stretch
>>
>>681546504
I don't see how bullshitting some way for Godwyn to be fixed from his soul death is more outlandish than the Mohg meatpuppet bullshit that has zero indication of even being a thing in the base game. Sure Miquella failed in the base game, I don't see why he couldn't have succeeded in the DLC. It's extremely ironic to pretend that Godwyn being revived is inconceivable when the entire radahnquella justification is post-hoc and only exists in the DLC and similarly involves just making new lore up
>>
>>681544960
>, instead of Godwyn who spared the ancient dragons and bro'd them up despite them laying waste to Leyndell a week ago.
Say it with me now low IQ friend, Godwyn is dead, like fr fr dead no cap. He has no soul, he was killed by the thing that keeps you from ever coming back. There's nothing more you can do with Godwyn and the "lore" doesn't need to answer your questions about what happens to Godwyn's lifeless husk because multiple endings instate new forms of death which imply a fix to undeath. Miyazaki doesn't want to spell out any solution to Godwyn's body because it fucks with the ending of the game.
>>
>>681546623
>gideon the all knowing
>doesnt know everything
>is actually wrong multiple times
bravo miyazaki
>>
>>681546623
You literally see Miquella being "abducted" by Mohg with a bunch of cocoon fibers stuck to him in the opening trailer and the hollow space where the cocoon would've been in the Haligtree.
>>
>>681547284
and who was telling that story hmmm?
>behold, fia the whore who fucks corpses
>behold, the actual shit eater
>behold, Sir Gideon... The All Knowing and Good Lookin Guy
>>
>>681546872
Its a way for the player to both be involved in the story and also present the game world as a series of challenges to overcome.
The story of the tarnished is directly a story about a lowly banished caste rising up and conquering that which rejected them and underneath the surface the schemes of Marika in the cosmic conflict.
For (you) its the classic tale of being a nobody who climbs their way to the top via determination.
>>
File: crabwyn.png (1.32 MB, 1063x743)
1.32 MB
1.32 MB PNG
>>681547115
>Godwyn is dead
Why do midwits keep repeating this when Godwyn's whole thing is that he DIDN'T die, and his still-living body is continuing to mindlessly replicate itself across the land? Did we even play the same game?
I mean fuck you can already fight Godwyn in the base game (in the form of a crab.)
>>
>>681547448
Do you know what a narrator is, he doesn't even share the same voice as Gideon
>>
>>681547182
Kinda the point, Gideon spends all his time collecting knowledge, reading books, paying people to come back and give him new info. He's not actually all knowing, he's just well informed about things and tries to capitalize on his follower's information and books.

>>681547284
It doesn't really matter, we don't know what Miquella was doing in the tree, we don't know what being embedded in the tree means. We weren't there for it, it's shit that happened X amount of years ago while we and most every other important tarnished were dead or maybe not even alive yet. That's the point of the game though, it's all about conjecture and making your own story or drawing lines from what random npcs say about this and that because that's what miyazaki thought was cool.
>>
>>681526016
Mickey being an actually genuinely good guy would be a biggest subverting expectations plot twist Mike Yazaki could pull off tbhfamlams.
Instead we got gayer Griffith.
>>
>>681546004
>>681546098
Sorry meant the opposite.
>>
>>681547559
Physical Death means little is a setting where rebirth was a common practice.
Now Soul Death, that's something.
>>
File: giant_crab_death.webp.png (1.76 MB, 1513x779)
1.76 MB
1.76 MB PNG
You're Godwyn boss fight, gentlemen.

>>681547776
It's kind of a moot point when the Radahn boss fight is already against a mindless puppet being directly controlled by Miquella.
>>
>>681546939
There's a common trend around the base game that people in the Lands Between, especially demigods, die separately in body than they do soul. Godwyn's death is so important because it's the first time a demigod, or anyone for that matter in the age of the Erdtree, in soul and not in body. The entire plot of the game sprung from the shattering is because Godwyn is dead. 4/6 of the endings of the game directly correlate to the fact that undeath can't be fixed. Sure they technically could've written a way for it to be the case but then that would just immediately invalidate the entire plot of the game, the entire world, and the entire reason for Godwyn's character. If there was a way to fix it, Marika would've done it herself considering she had all the power in the world to do so.
>radahnquella justification is post-hoc
Just because the entire plot of the DLC wasn't in the base game doesn't suddenly make it post-hoc. Is Messmer's existence post-hoc? They wrote the full story before the game came out it's silly to call it "making new lore up" when they're the ones who made the lore to begin with. It's not in the base game because it's frankly not relevant to the base game. The base game left everything about Miquella - his fate, his motivations, etc - all completely open-ended so that the DLC could explain it, and now they give the explanation that they wrote it's suddenly wrong?
>>
>>681547621
it was gideon making a voice
>>
>>681547968
>the Radahn boss fight is already against a mindless puppet being directly controlled by Miquella.
Pure headcanon contrary to actual descriptions that we have.
>>
>>681547559
>midwits

>mindless body

Why yes, Godwyn's body sure is still alive, but Godwyn's soul is gone forever, ergo that's not really Godwyn anymore, it's the infinitely rotting corpse of a god becoming something else. It doesn't matter in the end because people's obsession with the rotting corpse is that we never get any closure for it when it doesn't need closure. None of the endings in the game give you any real closure about anything, just vague explanations that can't be solid because the game never really explains what an outergod even is.
>>
File: rslashbeards.png (640 KB, 640x479)
640 KB
640 KB PNG
I, for one, am happy our Chungus Chad Warrior got revived in his EPIC fucking PRIME for us to fight, just like how we always wanted!
Kind of a shame he didn't get to bring his WHOLESOME 100 horse Leonard along, but, we still did it, /r/EldenRing! Bet those fucking Malenia simps feel owned now!
>>
>>681547968
>kills dung eater for you
what a bro
>>
>>681548004
>Godwyn's death is so important because it's the first time a demigod, or anyone for that matter in the age of the Erdtree, in soul and not in body.

Not true, we don't know that as fact. The ONLY thing the game tells us is this is the first time a demi-god has been killed, like actually died and wasn't returned to the Erdtree.
>>
>>681548380
Is Radahn reddit or something? I haven't been following.
>>
File: redditdhan.png (56 KB, 812x597)
56 KB
56 KB PNG
>>681548459
Us redditors of culture always knew who the most epic and wholesome Demi-God was! This DLCs a real love letter to us.
>>
>>681548459
he did the disappear into a meteor thing AGAIN! kino of the highest order I say. Here's a gold, kind stranger!
>>
>>681548004
We actually know his motivations though, and NONE OF THEM are explored in the DLC besides some vague shit about being a god and making everyone nice. The Haligtree? Nothing. Curing Malenia and combating the Outer Gods? Nothing. Saving Godwyn in one way or another? Nothing. We do get a new motivation that was never once hinted at being a thing as his driving motivation, that being Radahn's cock. We straight up have cut content that was in the network test a few months before release that was removed that is wildly different from what we got, the idea that this was all planned is fucking laughable
>>
>>681548685
>over 7000 upvotes and two years ago
What are the chances From actually saw this and capitalized on it.
>>
File: 1651374299164.png (403 KB, 852x480)
403 KB
403 KB PNG
>>681529951
>So. The Haligtree, now but a husk... I heard speculation Miquella embedded himself in the Haligtree, but before he could finish, someone cut the tree open and absconded with his infant form.
>Indeed, it seems those words held weight. How vexing. That the All-knowing didn't have the full story...
>>
>>681548459
People don't like the ending of the DLC that Miyazaki claimed was written before the base game was even finished so now Radahn is reddit because in their head canon he was just added to the end of the dlc as something to make reddit hype when in fact, the lore doesn't matter and Miyazaki has spent years telling people in the interviews that he creates a loose story and makes cool vague side stories that you solve with your imagination because that's what he did when he was growing up and could barely understand the western fantasy books he was reading because they weren't in Japanese.
>>
File: 1.png (112 KB, 444x226)
112 KB
112 KB PNG
>>681548434
I probably went a bit far with my exaggeration in that post but it is canon that no demigods had died because they could not die due to Marika sealing the Rune of Death inside the Elden Ring, which is the basis that the Golden Order and her age is built on. The demigods were granted immortality by method of the fate of their deaths being removed from the equation completely.
>>
>>681539626
>what is Godrick's tax policy?
Pretty brutal. It will cost you an arm and a leg.
>>
>>681548921
It wasn't directly reddit since the Japanese don't care about that, but it's true. Redditahn was hitting top of the Elden Ring character polls every year in Japan, and was easily the most popular and memed one.
>>
>>681548921
Radahn was always reddit. This just makes him even worse, along with taking the empyrean twins with him.
>>
>>681548850
Almost zero chance considering Fromsoft is a japanese company that pays almost no mind to its fan base abroad. And before anyone brings up Kai Cenat getting a statue for playing the game, that statue was from Bandai Namco.
>>
>>681548921
I wish he would actually try more for his DLC because it's so restrictive in terms of story.
>>
>>681526016
you just didn't get it, that's all. it makes sense and isn't contrary, you just made the wrong observations
>>
>>681548850
He was the most popular character in Japan. 100% chance something like that happened.
>>
>>681529793
haligtree failed of its own devices, him being taken away had nothing to do with it
>>
>>681529798
george didnt write the story in game. its all miyahacki
>>
>>681548958
>Marika sealing the Rune of Death inside the Elden Ring
She didn't seal the Rune of Death inside the Elden Ring, if it was inside the Elden Ring people would die like normal and not be reborn. She took Death out of the ring and gave it to Maliketh to hold forever so that natural death was no longer part of the cycle. The game states no where that the Demi-gods enjoyed a different life cycle than anyone else in the game. Your quote from the interview there is actually about tarnished revival vs the current form of infinite life that everyone in the lands between is held to. Tarnished who have the light of grace revive through a different system than everyone else.
>>
>>681548850
Prime "Chad"adhn was a HUGE meme two years ago, despite what the defensive Redditors in this thread are obfuscating.
>>
>>681547730
Nips doing dark fantasy trying to NOT copy Berserk.
>>
>>681549302
I think there's a good chance we got 4D Chess'd into making Radahn the most popular character
>in all the trailers
>extremely cool and imposing design
>by far the most cinematic fight in the game
>adding the bit about Leonard to build on his characterisation when no other character in the game has a side note about a minor, tender part of their personality
>selling his cool factor by throwing in a bunch of dialogue to say "Oh by the way he wasn't even at his peak, his brain is gone and he was physically holding back the movement of the stars" which further goes to sell the "god it'd be cool if we did fight him in his prime"
It's not hard at all to see why he's the most popular character in the game
>>
>>681549075
Right now all people can do is speculate, because there's no proof this wasn't the plan from the start unless you want to claim that Miyazaki is either
1. a liar
2. is leaving out information about the ending of the DLC

Miyazaki claimed that both DLC's stories were completed before Elden Ring was released. That Miquella and Mesmer's endings were written, ready, and done before anyone ever even played the game.
>>
>>681549241
Its easy to see that after AC6s success everyone at Fromsoft just wants Elden Ring to be over with.
We know that after this all the subordinate creatives in the company are going to get to do their own thing while Miyazaki gets to work on his own stuff in the corner.
>>
>>681550043
That isn't what he said however. You're misconstruing it to support your argument. It's far more likely the "unused story notes" they put in the DLC is everything related to Messmer and the Hornsent.
>>
>>681550043
With the immense amounts of cut content From games have, we might as well be playing a different game than what Miyazaki's story is/what he's saying it is. Just look at the Miquella scene from the trailer that's clearly not in the final release, for instance. Or how the Putrescent Knight used to be called the Knight of the Gloam Eyed Queen instead.
>>
>>681550025
Radahn got the double animal-lover audience buff with that talisman write-up about his cat that got removed.

But yeah he was definitely From's favourite from Day 1.
>>
>>681537721
>Rennala’s resurrection
What the fuck are you talking about? Rennala didn’t ever get resurrected. Are you talking about her Phase 2? That’s an illusion created by Ranni to protect Rennala. Why do you think “Rennala” starts as a ghostly apparition as the scenery changes, and Ranni’s voice is heard during the phase transition?
>>
Did it ever occur to anyone that Haligtree is failing because fucking MALENIA is chilling at its roots, spreading her filty rot STDs all around?
>>
File: Old Dragonslayer.png (1.75 MB, 1200x713)
1.75 MB
1.75 MB PNG
Yoooo holy shit kino... we get to fight Ornstein in his prime.
>>
>>681550303
>From
Seems like he was a bigger deal in the background novella but frankly none of From's work seems to fluff him.
>depict him as brainless cannibalistic mass of violence
>depict him losing against Morgot
>don't give him one fight he actually wins
>>
>>681550421
That would've happened way after the tree had already failed. Also that's Miquella's fault for being a piece of shit and abandoning her because he wanted to kiss Redmanes instead of giving her another needle after Caelid
>>
>>681550632
The plan is to return to the Lands Between and usher in the Age of Compassion, thus saving his sister. But we kill him.
>>
>>681550713
He was there at Caelid, he could've at least given her another needle so her rot wouldn't spread before sending her home instead of leaving Finley to do everything
>>
>>681550537
Morgot is easily From's second favourite so that's not that much of a surprise.
>gets 3 fucking fights
>everyone jobs against him
>only demigod who gets redeemed and has post-defeat dialogue
>gets cured of the omen curse that's specifically meant to fuck you forever through sheer good-boy points
But Morgott doesn't get any background novella points so he's at second.
>>
>>681549684
>so that natural death was no longer part of the cycle.
I would think Natural death for regular humans was a thing it was just herself and her children who were no longer fated to die. All the stuff about the knight of the Black Knives specifies that Godwyn was the first of the Demigods to die and it was when all the demigods began falling.
>>
>>681548127
>nah bro Radahn was onboard 100%
Which is why Malenia and Radahn fought…
>well of course! as part of their vow, Radahn wanted to be beaten in an honorable duel!
This isn’t stated anywhere in the game, but let’s go with that. So, why did Malenia bring an ENTIRE ARMY and invade Caelid during her “duel”?
>…
>>
>>681550825
Presumably those needles are masterworks and can't just be made on a whim.
>>
>>681550825
The implication is that he wanders Caelid while Finlay is escorting Malenia to the Halligtree, they probably didn't cross paths.
>>
>>681550825
>>681550956
If Miquella could just orally suck the rot out of Freyja, then why didn't he latch himself onto Malenia for a month or two and keep sucking it out as he forged a new needle?
>>
>>681551003
nta but wut. where is this stated? what's the point of the consecrated snowfield teleporter?
>>
>>681527608
>if we wrote him as two different characters it's development
Dude he stopped caring because of Trina is the only bit of development From offers for why base game and dlc Miquella are entirely different characters.
>>
>>681551081
Did you actually read Finlay's ash?
>>
>>681550892
>I would think Natural death for regular humans was a thing

Nope, if you lived in the lands between you were functionally immortal because The Elden Ring governs all life. She tore death out of the ring and and sealed it with Maliketh creating a new system for rebirth based entirely around the Erdtree. There's a reason the Tarnished are stripped of grace and then banished from the lands between, they're stripped of what revives them instantly and then ejected from the Erdtree life cycle.
>>
>>681527608
what character development exactly?
>>
>>681550892
>I would think Natural death for regular humans was a thing
Grace of gold makes you immortal because you're beholden to Marika's elden ring, that's the ingame reason for why most goobers you fight respawn at checkpoints.
>>
How is the Heart Stolen ending not a complete game over? You don't die.
>>
File: 1651474363270.jpg (105 KB, 1000x954)
105 KB
105 KB JPG
>>681551169
Finlay's ash said nothing about Miquella.
>>
>>681551020
It's the difference between treating a snakebite and treating someone whose blood is snake venom.
>>
>>681551409
The same reason you can't side with him. That would end the game. Technically someone can stumble into the DLC barely halfway through the game.
>>
>>681551318
Why do you think they had crypts anon? People were fed to the Erdtree when they died to be recycled.
>>
>>681550956
He left Finley to cross the entire fucking world and fend for herself and Malenia when he has godly charm powers, he's still a piece of shit
>>
I'm levelling my first character and I wanted to be magic user, astrologer looked cool with the idea of using space magic
But it feels like a lot of "shoot blue rock at enemy until you run out of mana". Does it get better? I've heard people say Faith was more fun because more variety.
>>
>>681551193
Take the Heroes Rune for examples
"There were once heroes who walked the battlefields, abundantly blessed by the Erdtree itself, who upon earning their honor simply died."

People had pseudo immortality tied to fate if they were big shots, but I doubt that abundance of blessing was universal. If you had Grace you were immortal but Grace was given and retracted on a specific basis. They were given destinies and when they fulfilled them they died. Marika made an exception for her children, but that exception was partly revoked when Ranni stole part of Destined Death, allowing the Demigods to die, and I assume completely revoked for everyone once it's fully unleashed, though gameplay doesn't reflect that.

Tarnished don't have Grace, they player is just guided by it's rays, the exact nature of that isn't really clear because despite our player seeing Grace, many characters still accuse us of being bereft of it.
>>
>>681551447
It does say that she managed the journey alone which puts Miquella in a horrible light since he was present at the battle
>>
>>681551318
>that's the ingame reason for why most goobers you fight respawn at checkpoints.
No that's an assumption people made. Lore wise based on many items descriptions from the soldiers and nobilities gears people don't really die naturally, but they can still be killed by certain means. They just come back because it's a videogame and we need shit to kill.

Animals and the servants of Outer Gods should be bereft of grace and killable, but they just come back.
>>
>>681551020
Malenia doesn't have normal rot, she is permanently cursed by the to have it inside her. It's a very common trend that everything Miquella tries to help solve in the base game is ineffective - couldn't save Malenia, couldn't save Godwyn, Haligtree was a failure with all the Albinauric genocide still happening elsewhere. Seeking godhood was an option and potential solution for all his problems when nothing else worked.
>>
>>681551783
>Does it get better?
It gets flashier but not much more useful then throwing pebbles.
>>
>>681551447
No. It was only in the DLC that we know that Miquella actually went to Caelid too, after the rot nuke had been unleashed and seemingly healed soldiers as Redmane's account tells us with Miquella draining the rot infection from her via a kiss, as the war seemingly continued between the forces of rot knights and Radahn's soldiers.
While Miquella did this, Finlay was probably transporting Malenia back to the Halligtree, which must have taken some time as when Malenia actually returned to the tree, Miquella had probably embedded himself into the cocoon at the roots of the tree? Difficult to say. Malenia was out for a long time anyway, implying he had not seen him since she went into a coma at the least.
>>
>>681535243
did you even play the DLC
>>
>>681526016
Every single person at the Haligtree was mindraped except Malenia. That was apparent even at the time.
>>
>>681551847
He went to Caelid after Malenia nuked it, it's never stated if he was present during the climax of the battle. All we know is that he was there post-nuking.
>>
The lore in this is just a load of nonsense.
>>
>>681551569
It shouldn't exist then. That or it proves the theory that when you die you resurrect in a different timeline and the timeline you left is fucked. We've doomed thousands of worlds.
>>
File: 1647796189226.png (693 KB, 1284x779)
693 KB
693 KB PNG
>>681526016
If you think these two events are mutually exclusive and the DLC events which are more recent are not the result of his failures to cure anyone, then you're a moron.

Miquella's failures broke him, just the same as Marika's failure to realize her ideals, inability to cure her son (and the constant output of failures from her womb) broke her, both of them decided to abandon everything. Miquella went a step further with a new goal: absolute control. This way nothing would ever go wrong again, or so he thought.
>>
Why do all these gods just hang around in boss rooms instead of just going for the elden lord themselves? Like most of the major bosses could easily beat the final boss of the base game.
>>
>>681552004
The Miquella being a failure is never explored and is a rationalization to explain the shitty character writing. As far as we know having Radahn as his consort and becoming a god was always his plan according to the DLC rendering all his base game lore retroactively pointless and a waste of time
>>
>>681552073
It would've been cool if all the different groups there started fighting each other after Miquella's great rune shattered, but they were too lazy to even give Gideon a couple of extra lines so I guess I'm asking too much.
>>
Why are Godrick, KING Morgott, and Mohg the only demigods that left a body upon their death?
>>
>>681552350
Godrick is a coward, Radahn is crazy and doesn't know left from right anymore, Malenia is sleeping, Rennala is mindbroken, Mohg is attempting to establish his own dynasty, Morgott is a status-quo guy.
>>
>>681552350
None of them can get past the thorns.
>>
>>681552487
Radahn left a body too, Alexander stuffs him in the jar.
>>
Is the lands between an actual physical place that a person could get to/leave by boat? Or is it like some sort of metaphysical location?
>>
>>681551783
Everything is mostly just variations on attack projectiles. Magics that aren't the basic Glinstone and it's upgraded versions can feel situational and rarely optimal if your strategy is just blasting stuff from afar but there are certain instances where you can blast the shit out of enemies using powerful spells.

People will say most spells are useless because you can't just spam them without enemies dodging but they're retarded. The point isn't to stand back and cast from safety like a bitch but to use spells like weapons and Ashes of War. You still have to get in there and proc attacks into order to receive openings to then blast people. It should be treated like having a very long range and damaging weapon at the cost of needing to watch a third resource bar.

Aside from that there is always just wanting to use different flavors of stuff. Maybe you want to roleplay being a Magma Wizard or a Necromancer or a Lightning Cleric.
>>
>>681526016
Malenia called him terrifying in the base game
>>
>>681552487
Malenia does too. Technically. As does Rykard.
>>
>>681552487
>he didn't reset Rykards arena
>>
>>681552565
You can seemingly leave and arrive by boat, as sailor is a race you can pick, and you see several sailors on the map, not to mention all the shipwrecks in the sea.
>>
>>681552487
They don't. Every Demigod leaves a Relic of their corpse. Radahn just got eaten by Warrior Jar Alexander. Malenia leaves behind her flower.
>>
>>681529629
This style of argumentation is so fucking vapid.
MY OPINION > YOUR OPINION
WRONG WRONG WRONG
>>
>>681552350
>A war from which no lord arose
they couldn't finish each other off
>>
>>681551785
>Heroes Rune
These Runes come from post shattering where the cycle of life and death in the lands between is broken by Ranni stealing shards of destined death.

>If you had Grace you were immortal but Grace was given and retracted on a specific basis
You don't know this
>They were given destinies and when they fulfilled them they died
You don't know this
>>
>>681552565
I imagine it's sort of like Mythical Albion or whatever. Yes it's a physical place but you can't just get there on your own, you need to be guided by other means like Grace.
>>
>>681542473
it's explicitly stated that the scadutree is the shadow of the erd tree
>>
>>681552707
>>681552565
the spirit ash upgrade girl explicitly says she arrived by boat. I don't know how the fuck the player tarnished starts out where he starts out but I assume most tarnished come from outside
>>
>>681552350
Because it's a FROM game, where everything happens only in words, but the game is actually static. You have to imagine the story in your head, same reason why in-game powerlevels are not indicative of lore powerlevels.
>>
>>681552802
>lists item description
>brown ESL too illiterate to comprehend
many such jeets
>>
>>681551783
Faith gets Black Flame, Red Lightning, Rock Throw and Regular Flame, those are all pretty nice and varied attacks.
Magic does get the mist DOT but it's pretty gay looking. You can go for burst damage to obliterate your entire FP bar before switching to R1s but burst damage isn't all that great against bosses anyway and the startups are ridiculous, otherwise you're using either pebble or suckerpunch backwards-spawn pebble forever.

In most cases I'd go Faith. Most of the Holy stuff that sucks towards the end is some weird FAI/INT hybrid stuff nobody builds for anyway.
>>
>>681552917
The player route is left ambiguous so that you can insert your own origin story.
>>
>>681545061
>hey Radahn will you marry me?
>over my dead body
>the pact is made
>what?
>>
>>681552917
The whole start is a mess really. You wake up in the Chapel of Anticipation for no reason, you then die and you suddenly end up in a cave quite far away from the chapel.
>>
Are all the Souls games part of a multiverse connected to the big trees?
>>
>>681552917
tarnished from Badlands. not sure how they arrive though
>>
>>681553114
did you even watch the ending cutscene of the dlc?
>>
>>681552868
Runes were given out as Blessings by Marika. Such as her Rune in the DLC which was personally bestowed by her onto Champions when Messmer left on his Crusade. Runes are remnants of Grace that exist DESPITE the shattering, not because of it. There intensity tends to be relative to their proximity to the Erdtree with those living closest and serving at it's origin having the most potent Runes.

Yes I do know these things because we have Rune descriptions
>>
>putting shamans in jars is so heckin evil!!!!
>gas the hornsent, racewar now!!!
>oh btw I kept the jar practice alive, it's cool when it's not MY people put in them ;)
Marika's a bitch
>>
>>681552565
Someone once referred to the Lands Between as Mount Olympus and I like that comparison as it is the land of the gods.
>>
>>681526016
There are very few criticisms of you that aren't just someone's headcanon

>Confront Leda in Inir-Elim
>Prompt to side with her or against her
>If with, you fight with her against the others
>Fight Radahn but don't kill him
>Miquella gives you a rune to put into the elden ring
>lazy ending gets a new colour filter
Is that really too much work for even lazy From to have done for an ending?
>>
>>681553114
Given the "pact" was made when Miquella was an actual child and not a cursed adult it was probably more like:
>Big bro when I grow up will you be my Elden Lord?
>Haha! Whatever, you adorable little faggot.
Followed by headpats.
>>
File: 1719078895900743.jpg (83 KB, 861x632)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
>>681552254
You won't catch me arguing it's good anon.
>>
>>681551783
Faith is better for supporting an otherwise normal melee playstyle since you get access to buffs and infusion spells but for a pure playthrough Magic is way more usable. You might be using some pretty basic spells for the most part, and most of your variety will probably be for the sake of personal taste and what you think looks cool as opposed to actual efficiency, but personally I was fine with that.
>>
Are they ever going to make a Souls game where the world is not ending?
>>
>>681553340
See, this would've been at least something and way better than what we got.
>>
>>681552060
It wasn't until his ass was dying the Messmer finally gave up on Marika. Even when took out his eye he asked for forgiveness and when he kills he says he accepts oblivion because he knows there is no going back after going full snake.
>>
>>681552013
Cool, cool. Now what's the point of Mohg's teleporter to the Haligtree? I don't disbelieve you, those events follow. It's just incongruent with the base game.
>>
>>681553369
People really love repeating this head cannon. I mean it's cute, I get why people like it
>>
>>681553458
I doubt it. Tho technically the world usually isn't ending. It's ended already.
>>
>>681543782
>To me the Radahn choice seems obvious. Miquella wanted to become god and needed consort - of all the options why not the guy who is literally the strongest in the world?
Tarnished is right there, and can prove himself stronger.
The plan he committed to get Radahn was convoluted as fuck, raises so many plot holes about his own ability to charm people, and relies on steep coincidences since it's saying he needs someone to kill Radahn and Mohg while he's comatose.
Radahn and Miquella had zero correlation in the base game. People bring up Godwyn because you see Miquella actually trying to do things for Godwyn.
Radahn doesn't even have a character in the DLC
>>
It would have been cooler if the Formless Mother's influence had taken hold of Radahn and given his body back to Mohg for phase 3
>>
>>681553275
Did you notice Jarburg is off a cliffs edge in the heretic zone?
>>
>>681553442
Off-handing seals for the buffs on attack power makes it perfectly viable for pure FAI attack, and most virtual dexterity buffs affect incants too.
>>
>>681553561
It also makes more sense than taking the "pact" entirely literally.
>>
>>681553519
Wish I had something, but I don't. Incongruence feels like such a standard with From games, just look at the mess that was DS3.
>>
File: greatjar.png (146 KB, 938x130)
146 KB
146 KB PNG
>>681553275
It's even worse when you realize that the Shamen were doing it to themselves.
>>
>>681526016
Miquella pulling a Griffith does not mean Miquella was evil.
Griffith wasn't evil at the start, he made an evil decision that snowballed into pure evil.
>>
>>681553784
Why does that interpretation make more sense? This is only because of the war between Radahn and Malenia. Nothing else.
>>
File: dass.jpg (201 KB, 1888x768)
201 KB
201 KB JPG
>>681553831
The Old Hunters never had this problem.
>>
>>681553937
Because otherwise Radahn would've voluntarily gone with Miquella.
>>
Becoming a jar is fine actually.
>>
>>681554065
No it's not because now half the Malenia porn is filled with the same OC faggot.
>>
>>681553989
Wasn't the Old Hunters also two DLC's mashed into one? Which is why the part after Maria feels vastly different.
>>
>>681526016
He left behind his soul and humanity and the game bashes this plot point over your head incessantly and you're perplexed as to why he's a completely different person now?
Are you retarded?
>>
>>681543250
>I did the entire dlc with the debuff from the hug incase it somehow because relevant with godwyn
>he wasn't even mentioned
Unfortunate
>>
>>681552917
>>681553078
>>681553150
>>681553175
Its cut content.
There was an entire into sequence where the Player was directed by Godfrey to The Lands Between ending with you washing up on the beach where the Onyx Lord and base Haligdrake Talisman are currently in the game.
>>
File: ymir.jpg (13 KB, 300x169)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>The moon ain't shit and the Carians only worship because it is the nearest celestial body
How could Ranni respond to this without sounding mad?
>>
>>681554115
SotE was also supposed to be 2 iirc. The Colosseum was also supposed to be part of one (or maybe a third?) but they released it early to placate people.
>>
>>681553928
He didn't even pull a Griffith. That might have been actually cool. Instead it was all just about getting the husbando despite the fact he discarded his Love. I guess he still has his ambition to create an Age of Compassion but still.

Personally I think he should have brought Malenia back and we should ditch the gay, sort of incest romance for a platonic one.
>>
File: Ranni, MinLona_.jpg (443 KB, 1623x2427)
443 KB
443 KB JPG
>>681554190
YWNBAW
>>
>>681553641
>enter miquellas boss room
>short speech
>announcer voice yells CHOOSE YOUR CHARACTER
>have to pick who Miquella rides into battle between Malenia, Radahn, Mohg, Godwyn, Torrent and player 2 palette Miquella
>>
Why do people have weird ideas of what a saint jar is? Isn't it akin to Alexander?
You throw some corpses into a jar to animate it, then it becomes a new "person" capable of learning to be better. Alexander was likely a better man than any individual within him.

Yet people have said some downright crazy shit about saint jars bursting open into Marika or some shit.
>>
>>681554190
With an Azula's Moonblade.
>>
>>681553275
Warrior jars use dead people
>>
>>681554336
No the "saints" are those flesh golems you find in the DLC. The jars are actually that process perfected, there's just no reason now that the Erdtree does it better and on a larger scale.
>>
>>681554320
>mouse cursor is just a floating Miquella
Miquella/Torrent is banned at majors
>>
>>681554336
The Golden Order jars like Alexander are completely different from the Bonny jars you fight in the DLC.

Golden Order jars are designed to recover corpses, achieve glory, and then return to a Minor Erdtree for burial.
Bonny jars are made from dozens of living people grafted together and shoved inside a jar to marinate.
>>
>>681554148
And it was cut because From realized it was too late to re-do all of Godfrey's terrible dialog and because they thought Godfrey being Hora Loux was good twist.
>>
>>681554190
They don't worship the moon, they venerate it. The Carians are aware that the moon isn't a god to be worshiped, if it was then the alliance between the Carians and the Golden Order would never have happened. Ranni is entirely aware that the Dark Moon isn't a god, he ending is about breaking free of gods.
>>
>>681554336
The jars the tower folk made were stuffed with living people rather than corpses.
>>
>>681526016
Miqualla is based
>>
>>681554336
Hornsent Jars are dissenters and heretics butchered and shoved into jars.
Marika's Jars collect the bodies of fallen warriors for for transport to Erdtree Roots.
Warrior Jars are a specialty offshoot which instead go around gaining power.
>>
>>681554142
He's mentioned, his Knights are hanging around looking for a Corpse Surrogate, interestingly for the express sake of beginning the Age of the Duskborn. Which is really odd because I kind of thought only Fia and her Champions were going for that. Also have no idea what the hell Cadaver Surrogate could be. Maybe Ranni?

As always Godwyn is a really cool character we see or learn fuck all about outside of the fact he's dead. Kind of neat the whole Deathroot thing might be due to his innate ability to Graft other living things to himself.
>>
>>681554495
All the Golden Order Jars literally have various corpses within them. Alexander states as such.

There doesn't seem to be much of a difference, other than using one as transportation and the other as a humility ritual.

Those "Saints" are the same thing as Alexander's core, just with a mostly intact human frame that allows them to fight.
>>
dont dlcs in most from soft games feel grafted on and seldom apart of the base game?
>>
>>681526016
I don't know how anyone can deny that Promised Consort was a last-minute asspull. It's not even some grand mind-blowing twist, it's just lame. I would have honestly preferred a literally who like the previous games' DLC.
>>
>>681554336
Saint jars are living flayed shamans melded with some more people stuffed in a jar.
>>
>>681554765
The difference is that the corpses are dead and awaiting burial, and the grafted people are alive and suffering.
>>
>>681553834
>wear a jar on your head
>pray to innards
I don't see the part where they force still living people insides. Besides the point was hornsent were doing to practice in mass to force a saint into being. Even the divine gates seem to be built out of melded flesh
>>
>>681554623
Fia has to Gestate Godwin's Rune as his Surrogate since he himself is unable.
>>
>>681554037
I'm certainly looking forward to the data mining that will show the cut content, maybe there's an item somewhere that sheds some light on the whole thing, like Messmer mentioning having spoken to Miquella.
>>
>>681554148
good to know
>>681554553
cut content fags do be crying about muh retcon when it doesn't even make sense for Godfrey and Tarnished to travel together
>>
>>681554774
You can only truly argue this about DS2 and Ashes.
>>
>>681554774
Not really, Dark Souls expansion makes some major revelations about the lore (what the age of dark would look like, what humanity is, what happened to Artorias, etc). Dark Souls 2 I couldn't give a fuck about the lore but the DLC areas were on average a significant improvement over the base game. Bloodborne's DLC had huge lore implications, it explained the origin of the infection, and who the doll was based on. In Dark Souls 3 the painted world was pretty much its own self-contained story (which was solid IMO), ringed city was pretty important.
>>
>>681554878
The flesh core inside Alexander seems still "alive" but I could see what you mean if the difference is "people are conscious in Bonny jars and not in Warrior Jars".
>>
>>681554882
>I don't see the part where they force still living people insides
Its from the phantoms in areas associated with the Jars in the DLC.
>>
>>681537850
I always assumed that cocoon was a decoy. I mean it's wayyyyy too big to be Miquella, someone who's supposed to have a child's body. Hell that cocoon is even bigger than Mohg lmao.
>>
>>681554882
>I don't see the part where they force still living people insides
Maybe the fact you are fighting literal living melded flesh constructs?
>>
>>681554623
Oh no wait, the Cadaver surrogate is literally just another one of those cancerous face growth like beneath Stormveil, the Longhaft axe specifically identifies the knight as the one protecting it.

Which is even more fucking bizarre because how the fuck did it get there if it travels by Erdtree roots? Did the Land of Shadows get split of super fucking late compared to a lot of events or did Godwyn die super early on?
>>
>>681554909
They clearly wanted it to be this thing where Godfrey awakens and uses his old alias which only earlier members of his clan would be aware of.

He acts like a normal tarnished until the very end, revealing he is actually Godfrey and intends to take his crown back.

But the way the fight is staged, He would be Godfrey first, then Horah, making it not particularly a twist unless Godfrey originally intended to be helmed or something.
>>
>>681555075
After the DLC I take it as the adult body Miquela was growing for himself.
>>
>>681555242
I feel like a big issue with that working is that godfrey is inexplicably 15 foot tall
>>
>>681554890
She's a surrogate mother for the Death Rune which Godwyn has carved onto his flesh. I guess they could be looking for Deathbed Companions
>>
>>681555213
All death washes up in the land of shadows so it's not unlikely his influence would end up there.
>>
>>681555213
Isn't the Scadutree just the "Tree of the Dead" jew mysticism part of the Erdtree? They would be connected? Makes sense for its roots to have deathblight as well.
>>
>>681555047
Oh, I see what you mean now.
Nah I'm pretty sure the flesh inside the base-game jars is completely inanimate, it doesn't seem like they functionally graft parts together, just stuff dead corpses inside themselves. As you see Alexander doing after Radahn.
>>
>>681555335
worked in Sekiro, so why not now.
>>
>>681526016
I want to be Miquella
>>
>>681555381
Right. I guess that makes sense.
>>
>can't tell Gideon about Miquella, Radahn, and Mohg's body
>No dialog with Melina
>No reaction from Malenia if you have Miquella's Great Rune
>No reaction from Midra if you have the Frenzied Flame
>No new ending
>overworld is constantly dead with the same copy pasted enemies
>DUDE REMEMBER BLOODBORNE??????
Miyazaki is a hack
>>
>>681526016
I really wanted to be ally with miquella, I don't know, have him as an npc who gives quests like ranni and unlock a different ending.
But no instead one of the only good characters of the base game is suddenly le evil and le power hungry and we kill him because we always kill every major characters in from games because they don't know how to do anything else for shit
>>
File: 1696298597832969.jpg (222 KB, 1024x1024)
222 KB
222 KB JPG
>>681542617
>leave alone the

Good morning sirs!
>>
>>681555416
When you get Alexanders core the icon looks like a fleshy tumor, like the organs and flesh of the dead have melded together to form the inner works of a living jar.

The difference is it doesn't have an undissolved human piloting it.
But that's probably what the Shaman is anyway.
>>
I don't play those shit games, can someone explain me why do those literally gods need consorts and fuck literally whos at all time?
>>
>>681555601
Yeah it's incredibly lame and gay, very weak execution from FromSoft.
>>
>>681555335
don't ask him about the lion. He won't have any headcanon for that
>>681555242
this goes against his character as an honorable warrior and the only one that respects the Tarnished, which is more memorable
>>
>>681555242
From what it seems like the original intro locked down your Tarnished as part of the long march without room for being a descendant or any of the various starting backgrounds we have in the game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMu7FvNP2Z4
>>
>>681555671
Because they're gods.
>>
>>681555335
Doesn't the cut content model of Horah seem pretty tame compared to the final model?
>>681555691
Yeah Serosh not being present would also be weird.
>>
>>681537279
>she's outwardly cold but actually cares a lot about her followers and family
>Secretly plots to have her immediately family assassinated
>Lets her loyal servants sacrifice themselves in the name of the moon
>Fucks off and leaves the fate of Earth uncertain

Ranni simps are fucking unreal.
>>
>>681555691
Godfrey is not very memorable so that is an issue.
>>
>>681543726
No matter the reason for the fight, blame Malenia for failing to kill Radahn. That shit permanently derailed Miquella's plan as no one could kill one of the most powerful demigods. In hindsight, you the Tarnished is actually a blessing for Miquella.
>>
>>681543737
it was still the GW; the GW hasn't contacted the world in a very long time though. Metyr talks about how the fingers are all fucked up because the mother of fingers has also been fucked up and broken for a long time. GW could have abandoned them before Marika decided to become a god, the fingers were running off of old info for a long ass time
>>
>>681555242
If you arrived with Godfrey as part of the Tarnished Army™ it would be too easy and wouldn't be a solo jounrey. Could probably set up shop right in Leyndell and get to work clearing the Lands Between with haste. You think Morgott would stop us when we're rolling with dear old dad? You think any of the demigods would stand again the undefeated army of Godfrey? They can't even hold one of us back, imagine an army of us.
>>
>>681555725
This also gives away blatantly that Marika shattering the ring is part of a plan involving the tarnished with little mystery.
>>
>>681526016
>>obsessed with curing his sister's rot
>>obsessed with curing Godwyn of his undeath
>>obsessed with warding off all outer gods
nice assumptions you assooomer
>>
>>681526016
>dlc art miquella
>rides torrent
>actual dlc miquella
>rides radahn's cock
>>
>>681555826
Only men (male) understand the concept of respecting another's strength. You wouldn't
>>
>>681555671
becoming god seems to entail discarding your physical body (and perhaps other human attributes), so you need a big strong guy to enforce your new order and handle the finer details of leadership
>>
>>681555601
>is suddenly le evil
The two perspectives you get on Miquella are the servant of the lord of blood who is comically evil, and a lady who lures people into permanent sleep (who got dumped by Miquella, so naturally she's bitter). Not exactly unbiased takes.
Miquella seemed genuine in his efforts to make the world better. But from the Tarnished's perspective he's competition, so he has to die.
>>
>>681556175
A concept done way better in other From games. Stop sucking off a shitty boss.
>>
>>681528720
>you're too retarded to see that everything he tried, failed.
There's nothing to indicate that the Haligtree failed. All indications showed that he was developing it just fine using his body as its nutrients until he was stolen by Mohg and the tree began to wither.
He was able to make needles that could stop the frenzied flame, and stall the progress of scarlet rot indefinitely, and it's implied that it took the return of whatever her daughter's were, alongside the dew that developed within Millicent, to free Malenia from the influence of the rot for good.
The only outright failure was his attempt at securing a true death for Godwyn
>>
>>681556246
>becoming god seems to entail discarding your physical body (and perhaps other human attributes)
No Miquella is just a retard. Marika clearly didn't do this.
>>
File: GC7UE27awAAGLuE.jpg (283 KB, 1920x1920)
283 KB
283 KB JPG
>>681530269
shizo headcanon
>>
>>681556396
Miquella thought the whole system was tainted so he wanted to rid himself of his physical body so it wouldn't corrupt his godhood.
>>
File: file.png (1.06 MB, 1280x720)
1.06 MB
1.06 MB PNG
>people are seriously discussing elden cringe lore when the game has unexplained video game portals that lead you to secret areas and have literally zero explanation or level design as to why they are there

LUL
>>
File: cachedImage.png (1.91 MB, 1317x1433)
1.91 MB
1.91 MB PNG
Literally what does this mean?
>>
>>681556560
It's talking about (You).
>>
>>681556560
That you, the Tarnished, refused the path Miquella paved the way for and killed him.
>>
Why was it cut? Now we will forever argue if Radahn is being controlled or not.
>>
>>681556560
He wanted to mindrape everyone alive and you defied him.
>>
File: 1592654037251.jpg (54 KB, 600x322)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>681556560
the can only be One(You)
>>
>>681556506
Sure but that was his own hold up, not part of the actual path to godhood. I believe he went full schizo and while he was discarding parts literally Marika was "discarding parts" figuratively on their shared path. Marika might have done something to "abandon her love" love in the swamps where Trina is but she clearly still loved since Godwyn's death is what pushed her into her woman moment. She also clearly has both arms.
>>
>>681556560
The world only needs one god (Marika) and one lord ( (You) ).
Miquella and Radahn were doomed from the start.
>>
>>681556673
Because From is filled with retards that don't know when it's good to cut or not.
>>
>>681556673
Miyazaki will always err on the side of cutting lore over presenting it clearly.
>>
>>681550956
He saved Frayja in the DLC. She was going to die of Scarlet Rot and he saved her from it, that's why she is so loyal.
>>
>>681556673
because Radahn is an omen corpse being mind controlled by Miquella and does not speak.
It would have been far cooler if Miquella had to actually fight against the Formless Mother's influence during the fight and Radahn was flipping between bloodflame and holy damage
>>
>>681556808
It's a little bit different being infected with scarlet rot versus being blessed by an outer god with it.
>>
>>681556673
Wait they really cut Radahn dialogue? That would have added so much, would have made it feel like it wasn't just a retread of his mindless grunting beast self.
>>
File: Shard of Alexander.png (914 KB, 908x905)
914 KB
914 KB PNG
>>681556673
There's a retarded goblin-esque mongoloid in Fromsoft's office. His job is to cut all the good things, and ensure the bad things aren't cut.
>>
>>681556889
Now he's a rape zombie instead.
>>
>>681556560
trad wife Marika and tradition lord triumphs over the incestuous bussy
>>
>>681556808
Being afflicted by rot and being the literal embodiment of rot are a little different
>>
File: 1648082884545.jpg (110 KB, 909x1024)
110 KB
110 KB JPG
The only one to come out of the DLC looking better is Marika, and she was already looking good before.
>She was right about the Golden Order being fucked and needing to end cause it turns out the GW has been gone forever
>Her actions are now more obvious from the way the Hornsent treated her people
>We see how Godhood blinds so her initial acceptance of the Fingers and the Golden Order stuff makes sense and she's actually a better person for accepting she fucked up and working to fix it
>>
Things this DLC needed
>Radahn talking. Even a single line
>"Defer to Miquella" ending that works like Frenzied Flame ending if you try to claim the throne after getting Heart Stolen by Miquella and haven't used his rune to cure yourself
>>
>>681556992
Perfect, all would be good.
>>
>>681556889
All the game dialogue including things not said
https://htmlpreview.github.io/?https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ividyon/Impalers-Archive/main/Master.html
>>
>>681556246
>>681556396
>>681556506
>>681556720
Miquella was becoming a god unsanctioned by the fingers.
His flesh may have been holding him back in the same way Ranni perceived her flesh as holding her back. Despite being an empyrean, Miquella's fingers are dead.

The difference is Miquella didn't have to do a death glitch to achieve this because lol shadowlands (Or maybe he "split" his death with Mohg?)
>>
>>681556992
>Radahn removed
Fixed that for you.
>>
>>681556889
It was cut because they couldn't find a voice actor for him in time.
>>
>>681556560
Proof that the second phase light show an and speedy Gonzales bullshit Miquella and not Radahn's true power.
>>
>>681557132
>perceived
This is the operative word here. I'm starting to doubt either had to go with these convoluted plans. The fingers have been bullshitting the entire time anyway, Empyrean is a made up title.
>>
>>681557271
Well yeah
>Fingers are "immortal" and can "control fate"
>We can do damage to Metyr without using the Finger Slayer on her.

But if they did have powers, then the obvious reasoning would be
>The fingers wrote ranni to become god as a fate in her very flesh
>Ranni does a sneaky glitch to shed her flesh
>The Fingers wrote Miquella out of becoming a god
>Miquella abandons his flesh to become a god

Lots of shit about removing fate.
>>
File: Gate of Divinity.jpg (90 KB, 686x386)
90 KB
90 KB JPG
Base Game
>GW sends Elden Beast
>Elden Beast can take the form of the Elden Ring that can shape reality
>Elden Ring needs an Empyrian host turning her into a god
>God can shape the Elden Ring
>Elden Lord is the consort of the God
>we have previous example of Placidussax and his god
>Malenia becomes a Goddess because she was an empirian and became host of the God of Rot

DLC
>lol just step through the gate nigga

fuck Fromsoftware, shitty DLC for their biggest hit
>>
>>681557434
All I'm saying is they're retards for going that far without realizing they were being played. The Fingers are the biggest tricksters we've ever seen in souls games.
>>
>>681557487
Base game lore was (((finger))) propaganda.
>>
>>681557046
Can't believe the old hag is the one with the most dialogue....
>>
>>681557556
They probably lost their divine protection when the GW left.
>>
>>681526016
Someone explain to me why St Trina says to grant Miquella forgiveness. Forgiveness for what? What are we even in a position to forgive for?
>>
>>681548921
This seems contrary to bringing George RR on board to write, a man who can write 20 pages worth of dialogue describing a dinner
>>
>>681557434
You don't kill Metyr though, she just fucks off through her wormhole.
>>
>>681557713
DLC is fanfiction
>>
>>681557487
>failed ranni quest
all you have to do to become god as an empyrean is to just cast away your flesh, as Miquella did. Marika probably wasn't empyrean because she killed Gloam Eyed Queen and forged the Elden Ring to do that
>>
>>681557945
She's just seething that he pushed her in the corpse hole.
>>
>>681558023
GRRM wrote the backstory of the world, he did not write the actual plot of the game.
>>
>>681557898
The GW never left or stuck around. It's not a deity, it's more like the undercurrent of reality, and the fingers haven't been able to read it at least as long as Marika has been a god, if not longer.
>>
>>681558109
A corpse should be left well enough alone......
>>
reminder that lore will always take a backseat to video game shit that's why we have shit like Godefroy
>>
>>681558387
the depths of your FOOLISHNESS
>>
>>681558387
>reminder that lore will always take a backseat to video game
cool thought expect for the ubishit collectathon and spam happy cinema bosses.
>>
>>681557945
Literally Zanzibart tier lore lmao
>>
File: fucking idiot.jpg (10 KB, 265x190)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>all these idiots caring about consistency or any sort of coherent meaning in souls games
It's like those retards that gaze into tea leaves searching for the meaning of life
>>
>>681558387
Don't remind me....
>>
File: Dead God Sword.png (818 KB, 997x506)
818 KB
818 KB PNG
>>681558187
Then explain why the big brained cosmic know-it-alls known as the Numen/Nox went through the troubled of crunching a god into a little dagger?
>>
>>681557046
>[21060000] Mongrel intruder.
>[21060050] Miquella spoke of thee...
>[21060100] Thou'rt Tarnished, it seemeth.
Miquella having visited Messmer is an interesting idea. It'd actually make sense for him to go to Messmer and ask him directly to burn the Sealing Tree and let him to the Gate of Divinity.
>>
>>681557945
It was to save Miquella, his ass would never recover from the size difference. Discarding her pussy means no hole switching.
>>
>>681558539
it was the style at the time
>>
>>681558513
>consumers can't demand a coherent product
YWNBAW
>>
>>681558539
>meteor gets dropped on them because they do retarded shit or it's just a natural disaster
>blame god and go through retarded rituals for revenge that make things even worse

If the GW is in space (or is space itself) chucking down stars and shit brainlets probably interpret any cosmic event as the GW's will or ire
>>
>>681558539
Except we wield the Marika sword just fine after beating the beats. It was all a lie anon.
>>
File: GBUxBdyW8AAo9cD.jpg (100 KB, 995x1520)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
>>681526016
Missed the point of the crosses and what he abandoned at each one
>>
>>681531514
>"A stone mask surrounded by curled horns, depicting the fell god of fire that haunts the sagas of the hornsent." - Furnace Visage
Different god. All fire giant stuff depicts and describes their god as a cyclops.
Marika couldn't truly kill the giants' fell god anyway since it clearly still exists in some diminished capacity. It's probably an intangible outer god or another celestial entity judging by the Jupiter-esque eye awakened by a sacrifice to the heavens.
>>
>>681557945
Forgiveness for mindraping everyone. For orchestrating the murders of two of his brothers.
>>
>>681526016
Why does he sit like that
>>
>>681558834
We murder them, not him, he didn't do anything.
>>
>>681558880
Side saddle was for women in dresses.
>>
>>681558739
Non canon weapon.
>>
>>681559042
Non canon cope.
>>
>>681558973
but he's a dude
>>
>>681558912
He sent Malenia to kill Radahn, even tho she jobbed.
Mogh might've just wanted to offer us tea and biscuits if not for Miquella mind fucking him.
>>
>>681558095
wrong
>>
>>681559126
he abandoned his penis
>>
>>681530269
>Radahn accepts
False. Radhan was most likely against this faggotry and thats Malenia was sent to kill him
>>
>>681559153
considering his cult did that whole maiden killing thing, seemingly even before he got transfixed, I doubt we'd get invited to tea. It's just that Ansbach is a really cool guy.
>>
>>681559153
>>681559297
>He sent Malenia to kill Radahn
Headcanon masquerading as fact. Actually play the DLC next time and finish it.
>>
>>681559303
>seemingly even before he got transfixed
There's no evidence for this. There's not even evidence the tarnished started returning before the Shattering War had gone down to a simmer is there?
>>
>>681558725
Of course you can demand a coherent product you absolute fucking imbecile, but looking for a semblance of coherent meaning in a work you know was deliberately created as a string of vague bullshit is beyond idiotic. From can tell a proper story when they want, for example in Sekiro and AC.
>>
>>681559384
She literally tells Radahn as much when she nukes Caelid. Read the description on his helmet.
>>
>>681559385
Ansbach was a pureblood knight, the same goes for Varre and his profession, all things was pointing to a blood cult just before/slightly after the shattering. It's very evident in what the item descriptions say coupled with Ansbach's lines.
>There's not even evidence the tarnished started returning before the Shattering War had gone down to a simmer is there?
No idea about this one, but probably correct.
>>
>>681559126
A dude in a dress
>>
>>681559621
Blood tea and blood biscuits.
>>
Don't you DARE approach Miquella the Kind...
>>
>>681559621
I'm not saying they were good guys. They were a blood cult lead by an omen after all. I don't believe they or Mohg were as batshit insane as they are in the game before Miquella tho, and if they didn't turn insane until the war calmed down Mohg would already be under Miquella's thrall by the time maidens need to be killed. Plus Varre himself is an insane psychopath.
>>
>>681559606
Find out how timelines work, anon.
>>
>>681530284
>quest for bussy.
I'd argue that it was bussy's quest instead. Radahn wanted fuck all to do with the twink, and so did Mohg probably before getting brainwashed.
>>
>>681526016
How much of the stuff you morons spout is actually stated in the game, and how much are you pulling off you asses and/or your favorite midwit ensnaring youtuber's ass-mouth?
>>
>>681559303
By all accounts the lord of blood shit is relatively recent that's why nobody knew who he was. Presumably Mohg had his crew namely ansbach before getting bewitched but the entire Moghwyn shit is while under the influence. He must have been pretty different for Ansbach to notice the switch. Despite all the blood shit can really say what he was like it's not like you need to kill people blood magic, you are in fact stabbing formless mother to do it and she seems to be cool with anyone. Even fucking Radahn can do it after using Mohg's body.
>>
>>681559606
Makes no sense when Radahn was still fine, just growing large from his grav magic. Miquella was also still alive and wandered Caelid some time after the rot nuke went off and Malenia went into a coma, so what's up with that. Miquella's Divine Gate plan was obviously not a thing then.
>>
>>681559303
Ansbach is too perceptive, jaded and critical to be just a blind fanboy, Mohg certainly wasn't a saint, but he was highly likely trying to reform the current order in the lands between to be less shitty, which makes sense considering he's an Omen who got persecuted and locked up in the shittiest sewers in the fucking realm.
From what we know about the Formless Mother it looks like she's a deity that favors oppressed races, she also granted some gifts to the bloodfiends in the land of shadows so it's likely she's not a wholly maleficent entity like the goddess of rot, the fact that she's also called the mother of truth points out that she might be something of a gnostic deity more than anything.
Ansbach himself tells you to create a world for men rather than gods, if that is what he honestly believed in and the reason why he's so fervently dedicated to Mohg, there's little reason to believe a non-brainwashed Mohg doesn't have at the very least a shred of goodwill and nobility, especially with his whole new dynasty nonsense where he takes people under his wing, I find it hard to believe that Ansbach is just bullshitting us and LARPing, the man has strong convictions and ideals that simply wouldn't let him serve Mohg so loyally and to the bitter end if Mohg was just another run of the mill degenerate, at worst he's contrarian Morgott.
>>
File: 1697071257701377.jpg (36 KB, 623x749)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>681526016
>homosexuals upset that the faggot is a groomer
>>
>>681556560
He wanted to infinite tsukoyomi the whole world but we, the Tarnished, killed him
>>
>>681560036
Yet we know from an item description in game that when Malenia nukes Caelid she whispered "Miquella awaits you in the land of shadow" to Radahn.
>>
>>681560160
I think Ansbach's armor set sums his character up well, a side we don't see much.
>The iron mask of Sir Ansbach, giving the appearance of a quiet, wise, old bearded man. But an old fear lurks beneath, together with the cold, unflinching discipline that once honed his blade, now employed to enhance Blood Oath and dynastic skills.
>Attire of Sir Ansbach. The embroidered crest of the Pureblood Knights has now all but faded away. Slightly enhances Blood Oath and dynastic skills. Ansbach understood that keeping his oath to his old master was not an act of logic, nor would it bear any justice, but it was for these very reasons he was unable to let go.
>>
>>681560192
>clients can't be critical of a bad product
>>
>>681560314
>Saying that just as she tries to kill him
That wasn't her fulfilling a vow, that's the equivalent of telling Radahn "Get ready to lose your free will to Miquella"
And even then she failed because Radahn survived. While Miquella needs him dead to forge his flesh golem with Mohg's body.
>>
>>681560036
>>681560314
Sorry, full quote is, "Promised consort. Miquella awaits you in the land of shadow".
>>
>>681559953
Actually I just remember Blood magic and formless mother shit is connected to Omen. some of the items talk about
>Of the surgeons that were abducted by the Lord of Blood none were able to tame the accursed blood.
>None but Varré, that is; though he was an exception."
And the bit about Varre giving you noble blood. So radahn doing it is because of Mohg's blood.
>>
File: SOTE helmet.png (434 KB, 682x647)
434 KB
434 KB PNG
>>681560314
No. Get your facts checked next time.
>>
>>681560594
Yes, but anon was trying to claim that Malenia wasn't sent to kill him when she 100% explicitly, incontrovertibly was.
>>
>>681560712
That's more or less what the item says?
>>
>>681556548
you don't think there's an explanation for the magic portals found in the magic castle area?
>>
>>681560789
Are you retarded. Did you actually even play the game, do you know the timeline of the game?
>>
File: 6576487445968.jpg (112 KB, 1127x623)
112 KB
112 KB JPG
what the fuck is a fleeing blessing? is this a typo and it was supposed to be fleeting blessing?
>>
>>681560880
Yes, it's supposed to say fleeting.
>>
>>681560712
She still said that as she blew him the fuck up. It's explicit confirmation that she was sent to kill him.
>>
>>681560594
>While Miquella needs him dead to forge his flesh golem with Mohg's body.
You know now I'm curious what would have happened if Radahn had died. Apparently Miquella was still in the overworld since he toured Caelid, and Mohg would still have to die but Malenia would be in no condition for that. How long would Radahn's soul just hang around to be put in Mohg's corpse?
>>
>>681560849
>claims that Malenia was not sent to kill Radahn
>item directly implies she was there to send him to the shadow realm and that Miquella is waiting for him there

What the fuck are you talking about
>>
>>681560789
>>681560949
>>681560969
Miquella was still alive and walking at that point in time so it makes no sense. Learn the fucking lore.
>>
>>681560036
Yeah it is pretty weird because as it stands, he had Radahn almost killed, potentially dying slowly from scarlet rot. He then gets inside the Haligtree cocoon and either before or during this mind controls Mohg into ripping him out of the tree and sending him to the shadow realm. Also Anscbach fights him somewhere in this.
>>
>>681560937
i thought as much. another sign that this was rushed out the door
>>
>>681560849
So are you seriously trying to say that Malenia didn't march on Caelid, fight Radahn, then nukes the fuck out of him while saying that, even though it's exactly what's described on the item?
>>
>>681561035
That still doesn't disprove that she was there to send him to the shadow realm? It just means Mickey would come there later on, she was still explicitly sent there to kill him
>>
>>681561035
Then your issue is with the lore being changed by the DLC because nothing about this is ambiguous.
>>
In the end, who's the bigger fuckup, Marika or Miquella?
>>
>>681561140
Souls pass on in the ER universe as Ansbach makes it known to us, Miquella explicitly had to be in the Shadow Lands to catch Radahns soul before it moved on, this is stated in the game. His plan wouldn't work if Radahn died first and THEN Miquella went to the Shadow Lands.
>>681561248
It's not an issue, it's just the way it is.
>>
>>681561316
Then explain why Malenia attacked him while saying those exact words.
>>
>>681561316
We have no fucking idea how the soul puppet shit works and it wasn't even implied to be a thing that can be done
>>
>>681561316
>Souls pass on in the ER universe as Ansbach makes it known to us, Miquella explicitly had to be in the Shadow Lands to catch Radahns soul before it moved on, this is stated in the game. His plan wouldn't work if Radahn died first and THEN Miquella went to the Shadow Lands.
The Erdtree is explicitly not taking any customers right now but it still begs the question how long it would hang around until it fades or gets repurposed by someone else or something. This whole plan is stupidly convoluted.
>>
File: IMG_0194.jpg (97 KB, 1024x911)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
>>681526016
>From realizes that Elden Ring is too profitable to be a complete story.
>catch Godwyn, replace him with Radahn, and cram the mermaid back into the mystery box for the sequel.
>expansion settles all other loose mysteries so people can move on to other From products
That’s what businesses do. I can’t blame From. Miyazaki finally shook off the Sequel Fatigue. We might even get sequels for Sekiro and Bloodborne.
>>
>>681561382
Why, that's From for you, rewrite upon rewrite and mountains of cut content. What I want to see is Martin's draft to Miyazaki, that would be proper interesting.
>>681561429
Never implied any puppetering, but that's the DLC, it adds questions upon questions and the dialogue+item descriptions provided in the game provide some contextual information to it, at least, despite it not being much. In any case, souls can both be annihilated/debased and/or move on and be caught at will.
>>681561453
Indeed
>>
>>681561316
An in game item description from the most recent version of the game directly contradicts you.
There are two possibilities:
1. You're wrong (very likely)
2. It's a plot hole (also very likely)
>>
>>681561640
The most recent rewrite is the current canon lore, whether you like it or not.
>>
>>681526016
the only thing i'd change would be making the dlc post elden beast so that there is a way clearer reason to be at violent odds with miquella (you are elden lord)
currently its just "thanks for killing radahn and mohg... ima kill you now :D"

and furthermore you maybe could have the teensiest bit of reactivity from npcs depending on your ending

like fugging midra, DUDE IM FRENZIED LORD TOO YA DUMB GIT
>>
>>681561656
Considering the dialogue with say, Ansbach and Freya, I doubt I'm wrong, but I'd be interested to see the item description you have.
Sounds more like a plot hole to me, or an oversight that was never rectified because ER lore went through a hundred machine translations.
>>681561743
Yes, and I am going off of that.
>>
>>681561576
>"i dont understand godwyn's death at all" the post

his soul was ultra killed in a very specific fashion, it would have shattered the elden ring lore to have miq recover his soul
>>
File: 1651176773105.jpg (33 KB, 297x300)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>681562174
>it would have shattered the elden ring lore to have miq recover his soul
but it was already shattered?
>>
>>681561797
It's more that we kill him. Miquella offers us his hand to join him, but we refuse, hence the description of his spell.
>>
Cool lore thread fellas, even if we didn't agree on everything.
>>
>>681563697
agreeing on everything would be boring as fuck
>>
>>681558045
She flops over dead and that causes the black hole to go out of control and consume her corpse before collapsing, stop posting this shit.
>>
>>681563697
While we still have time, did becoming a god make Miquella's dick bigger?
>>
>>681563806
isnt his cocoon corpse like 20ft tall?
>>
>>681563772
True.
>>681563806
Good question, it probably wo
>>
>>681563806
Yes but inverse to girth so it's linguini noodle
>>
>>681563937
How unpleasant.
>>
>>681563806
Yeah, the model for his god body is way larger than his child body
>>
>>681564012
Never thought about it, but that means his metamorphosis succeeded, his initial plan of "growing up"
>>
>>681557046
>_dlc02
is that just standard practice or are they planning a second dlc?
>>
>>681564012
is it? still feels like Radahn could have cradled him like Mohg did in the art
>>
>>681564509
SOTE was at one point going to be two DLCs before they mashed it into one dlc, so probably remnants of that.
>>
File: 9162284.png (3.41 MB, 1713x1140)
3.41 MB
3.41 MB PNG
>>681564520
Remember, Radahn is fucking massive.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.