[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: cRd7B2E3CXaNumw5qawpwqbm.jpg (597 KB, 1440x2160)
597 KB
597 KB JPG
why has Team Ninja been unable to replicate this
>>
File: Dark_Souls_Cover_Art.jpg (55 KB, 256x330)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
fluke. Many such cases
>>
they tried different things
stranger of paradise is good at least
>>
>>681533617
Sop was just as good to me.
>>
>>681533617
All their new games are literally Nioh clones.
>>
As is so often the case with games, they accidentally made something good, but have no fucking idea what it was about it that made it good.
>>
>>681533617
Rise of the Ronin comes very close but its boss fights never reach the same highs as Nioh 2’s.
>>
>>681533617
They are afraid of being accused of laziness if they just keep building on 2 the way 2 built on 1. Also last game before we started getting "Type A, Type B" shit.
>>
>>681533617
Because the A-team was making RotR for 4 years instead.
>>
>>681533617
Have they tried yet?
>>
>>681533617
Because it was a fluke; even the first Nioh was Lords of the Fallen tier
>>
>>681533617
i honestly think wo long plays smoother and has a generally cooler aesthetic
>>
>>681533918
And none of them really hit the same way Nioh 2 does. Well maybe Rise of the Ronin does but I haven't played it
>>
WoLong and Rise of Ronin intentionally decreased the depth in the combat, for different reasons.
WoLong was due to them chasing Sekiro's success, and thus making a simple rhythmic parry-centric title with limited offensive options. Rise of the Ronin was them focusing on the open world and story/presentation (over the actual combat system), perhaps as a reaction to the domestic popularity of Ghost of Tsushima. SoP, meanwhile, was courting FF fans over their core audience.

They simply haven't attempted to iterate or outdo themselves. Nioh itself was Team Ninja injecting character action lifeblood into the stale souls formula, but they've been soul searching for more mainstream success ever since.
>>
>>681533617
Sekiro ruined the doulslike genre
>>
>>681535154
Wrong

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.