[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1714423537820017.png (1.04 MB, 1103x622)
1.04 MB
1.04 MB PNG
Like a week ago i saw a thread from anon who praised a game called lords of the fallen, while lamenting that open world is shit (specifically talking about elden ring)
I was curious so i pirated the game and i have to say that wherever that anon is, thanks for the recommendation. The game is jank and not on fromsoft level but it also reminds me of dark souls 1 with its slow combat, interconnected world and tons of short cuts. Ive since completed the game twice, once in ng+ that severely limits teleporting and brings out just how brilliantly the overall world is designed
Im not very good at shilling games but if theres any fans of dark souls who like good level design + slower combat and dislike open world + faster combat, this might be good
>>
>>681534998
This was relentlessly shat on when it first came out.

I'm assuming they've fixed most of the complains after a couple of months, are you playing on PC?
How does it run?
>>
Thanks for the rec anon.
You make it sound like Dark Souls II, how do they compare?
>>
>>681535363
I wasnt browsing around the time of its launch so i dont know why it would be shat on. I've looked that it has had couple major patches but not new content. I have a poverty card 1070ti and runs at 1080p~90fps on average
>>681535652
Well first you would have to break down how ds1 and ds2 differ, or what kind of difference between the 2 you're looking for
>>
what is the deal with the 2014 version and 1.5 version?
>>
Completed game about month ago. Game is fine and enjoyable. Some bosses were pretty fun and challenging. Maybe it was that bad when it got released dunno but right now it seems good enough. Performance was not that bad too. The only annoying thing I had to do is downclock my i9 13900 in order to get this game to work but that's more problem with intel series 13 and 14 rather than game engine. Should have went Ryzen...
>>
>>681536741
2014 is the 'original' LOTF
the one we're talking about is the reboot of the series I guess
>>
>>681534998
the 2nd dimension you get sent into when you die (forgot its name) is what makes the level design so good. i hope the sequel will expand on that idea and timmy has already paid for my copy.
>>
File: steam.jpg (140 KB, 1191x1079)
140 KB
140 KB JPG
>>681537341
I must have bought it years ago and forgot about it. they are completely different games?
>>
>>681534998
My personal goty 2023
>>
>>681537670
yea, they're both 'souls-likes' still
>>
>>681534998
I think it's pretty good because the character movement and stuff is snappy, unlike the souls series which is similar to walking through molasses but I don't like the stupid torch gimmick
>>
shit "game"
sequel is a permanent epic chink store exclusive btw lol
>>
>>681539447
sweet, so i can pirate it knowing my copy was already paid for
>>
>>681534998
The consensus is that it is the true Dark Souls 1 sequel and the only non-From Soulslike worth playing.
That's why the sequel will be EGS exclusive: Epic plans to use it to compete directly against From.
>>
Bump

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.