[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1719366514428197.jpg (83 KB, 750x750)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
Is Red Dead Redemption 2 an amazing game?
I keep seeing great videos about it
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/niaKDBQ3JZ4
>>
>>681548537
it is the most realistic open world sandbox game to ever exist, the story is somewhat slow to progress.
still don't how it lost goty to god of war
>>
>>681548537
Yes it's Rockstars magnum opus.
GTA VI might surpass it though.
>>
>>681548537
Is not a bad game but it tries to hard to be a movie. It's easily the most linear game Rockstar has made.
>>
File: 1719624048133022m.jpg (65 KB, 1024x774)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
>>681548537
>here's why this game is good
>never talks about the gameplay
>>
>>681548537
It's a cool game on a technical level, no doubt. But not really a fun game to play. Tries too hard to be realistic to the point it removes common qol mechanics other open world games have, even Elden Ring. I'd rather spend 100h in a jrpg than play rdr2 desu
>>
>>681548537
*kisses you on the mouth*
>>
>>681548537
Good game to fuck around in if you're high or drunk with how detailed it is but having to play it through to completion is an absolute slog.
>>
>>681548537
It's too fucking long.
It's been 6 years, I still haven't finished it. I played a couple of hours each year.
>>
>>681548537
Its a great cowboy simulator. And a marvel on a technological level. It's a masterpiece easily for those two reasons alone imo, regardless of its weaker aspects. (The story slows down way too much at certain points, you aren't free to attempt missions in different ways, the game feels more like a movie at times than a game, etc)
>>
>>681548537
currently on my first playthrough

it is very good
instead of story missions I just fuck about around the map and it is oddly addicting because there is a lot of effort that has gone into the little things

something about the feel of the game is very right

with that said I struggle with mouse and keyboard controls and there are a lot of glitches
>>
>>681548537
It's shit, but they put an incredible amount of effort into making it which tricks some people into thinking it's good.
Red Dead Redemption 2 is incredibly tedious and the people who enjoyed it are wrong.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.