[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: prime2.jpg (174 KB, 768x542)
174 KB
174 KB JPG
8 hours in, 80% scan log, saved just after getting screw attack in Sanctuary Fortress. The level design has completely fallen apart. There's still good parts. After beating the spiderball guardian, there's a missile tank that leads you out several rooms away. However, if you know you know, immediately after getting spiderball you need to return to Torvus Bog and obtain the power bombs. I figure the devs intention here was to use the elevator to Agon Wastes, and then to use the elevator to Torvus Bog. That places you approximately in the chamber above the powerbomb guardian. However there's an elevator back to Sanctuary Fortress that's telegraphed by power bomb doors, and it's really clutch after the fact. This region reminds me of Chozo Ruins, so many paths lead really far out of the way, and you have to do a task, and then come back the way you came. A standout was the second Dark Samus fight, you actually fight her up an elevator shaft. Afterwards you jump through a portal two times and receive the echo visor. After that, you start having doors lock on you, and you have to switch visors and defeat a drone to proceed through areas you come back through. I think a better way to do this would be to open up new paths that connect pivotal areas together, such as a ventilation shaft, having to use the echo visor to gain entry, and having very tight shortcuts around the facility. I didn't mind jumping between light and dark worlds before, because you usually do a lot before going back. Sanctuary Fortress however quadruples down on portal jumping, and it's only for one thing, and it's always in the same room, or just one room over. Agon Wastes is the best region in the game with the best level pathing. I'm thinking Metroid Prime 2 is equal to Metroid Prime 1 now, probably an 8/10
>>
Prime 2 sucks and I'm tired of people saying it's an upgrade to 1 in every aspect. It is not only my least favourite Prime, it's just straight up a piece of shit.
>>
>>681564767
It's not that bad, it's just not a perfect game. Who would have thought.
>>
>>681564767
wrong and filtered.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.