[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: ego.jpg (91 KB, 1152x711)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
OOT fans still haven't recovered.
>>
>>682924542
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FpigqfcvlM
this is a good one
>>
>>682924542
Nothing he said was incorrect.
But i still love OOT
>>
What were his points again?
>>
>>682924542
It's true, I haven't been able to pick myself off the floor from laughing so hard at his awful take on the subject
>>
DAAAAMN RIGHT NI-MH-MMM!!!!!
>>
File: oot.gif (521 KB, 500x470)
521 KB
521 KB GIF
>a video so bad, it killed the series

wow yeah, he really showed us
>>
>>682924781
I remember combat being dull with mostly waiting for your enemies to act being a big one.
>>
>>682924542
https://youtu.be/fJg3HP36FrM?si=W7Zy559yv7k-EjTb
and we're done
>>
all those block puzzles
all those looking up to hit an eye switch
OoT has NOT aged well.
>>
>>682924781
when you do actions, there are windup animations before hand. He doesn't like that combat is mostly waiting for enemies to present a weakpoint. He then compares that waiting around to the "waiting" you do when the large chest cutscenes play.
>>
>has no object permanence
OOOOOOOOOPS
>>
>>682924664
>think this videos amazing
>oh boy, I sure like egoraptor!
>he releases the awful zelda one
>reveals himself as an impatient moron
>has the gall to say that the only reason people disagree is the hivemind
what a stupid asshole.
>>
>>682926514
there's so much non-gameplay you just pointed out.
>>
>>682926514
I mean he's right... but ALttP also has enemies and especially bosses that are like that so as a point of comparison between those games it's a pretty stupid point.
>>
>>682924542
>admitting you were an easily influenced child that watched this garbage
Embarrassing.
>>
>>682924542
he was probably mostly butthurt because n64 emulation sucked ass especially when he made the clickbait video.
"sequelltis" is funny given that he made shallow parodies which became more unfunny, after which he made letplay like any eceleb
>>
>>682924542
Doesn't he just suck at oot anyways?
>>
>>682926737
How can anyone suck at such a piss easy game?
>>
>>682926676
I mean some people like adult figures that what kids see in adults as guidance
>>
>>682926570
ocarina of time is a game that values atmosphere and presentation in addition to gameplay.
>>
>>682926758
Idk I used to watch my younger sibling play the game he got stuck in the great deku tree cause one of the rooms required you to shoot an eye and he didn't know that was the way to open the door he was just walking all around for like an hour till that happened
>>
>>682924781
"I hate the combat and am bad at it thus it must be bad combat" was my main takeaway and why i couldn't take the video seriously.
I loved the combat, and the fact that he compares it at all to alttp's combat is ridiculous.
>>
>>682926758
Well for one he complains about the combat being waiting but I wonder how many times he actually used Deku nuts to open enemies up which works in a lot of those fights. It seems in general he didn't really consider using the tools the game gave him then complained that there was too much waiting.
>>
>>682926896
That's like comparing a sandwich to a taco sure they might have similar ingredients to create them but they do it in a different way
>>
>>682926514
That's kinda very stupid. There are like two ennemies who can consistently blocks and are kinda annoying and with which you need to time your inputs carefully (those Lizalfos and those Skellingtons), and they're treated more like demibosses by the game. And you can still use plenty of items to still damage them.

Those two I can see being annoying. You can make an argument that those two are unbalanced.

The rest is literally Dark Souls tier of gameplay at worst. Aka "wait for the enemy to drop its shield (or equivalent) before attacking".
>>
File: GSpOmjtWUAAq2Z1.jpg (257 KB, 2048x1036)
257 KB
257 KB JPG
>>
>>682926834
You know things are bad when you want a skip cutscene button in video games, and this one lacks the feature.
>>
>>682927057
thats the thing he doesnt like. Consider the clams, or the hanging tentacle in jabu jabu, or deku scrubs.
The enemies are clearly meant to demand reaction and are like microcosm puzzles, but he doesn't like that.
>>
>>682926834
Exactly.
ALTTP is for gameplaychads while OOT is for atmosphere fags
>>
>>682926758
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fJg3HP36FrM&pp=ygUkRWdvcmFwdG9yIHRoaXMgaXMgaG93IHlvdSBkb24ndCBwbGF5
Nearly 3 hours of him getting filtered, the Majora's mask video was somehow worst.
>>
>>682927101
>The logo for the game is literally the main man holding his bitch
Don't tell me this is something he actually thought lol
>>
>>682924781
>What were his points again?
"I have ADHD and have to attention span of a tiktok zoomer, which is why my favourite game is better than your favourite game".
>>
>>682927412
It's amazing to see how hard this man BTFO'd himself and the sequelitis video just by playing through the game.
>>
>>682927412
i can't watch this

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.