[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1697122766747698.png (1012 KB, 1877x991)
1012 KB
1012 KB PNG
>>
so... why do we even come to this place and kill this guy?
>>
>>683622591
THE DEPTHS OF YOUR FOOLISHNESS
>>
Forgive me....nanaya...
>>
>>683622591
You explore, go to his room and he attacks you
>>
>>683622962
you didn't fight him, right?
>>
>>683623019
I tried to but he jumped on me and i died
>>
>>683622591
Because the tarnished is a murderous sociopath that kills almost everyone they meet once they have no more relevance to them.
>>
>>683622509
Zanzibart... DON'T forgive me
>>
>>683623403
>le expectations subverted
>>
File: 1709313028420045.jpg (135 KB, 801x801)
135 KB
135 KB JPG
ENOUGH WITH THE FORGIVENESS
>>
File: IMG_1082.png (1.58 MB, 2160x1620)
1.58 MB
1.58 MB PNG
The meme is evolving.
>>
>>683622591
tarnished wants to be the only lord there is
>>
>>683623403
>>683623515
CONDEMN ME NANAYA, I DON'T GIVE A F*CK ANYMORE!
>>
>>683623905
better to solve all the problems now before they become larger problems
>>
>>683623369
>murderous
The Lands Between has a stand your ground law, shouldn't attack me if you don't want to die.
>>
File: midra if he evil.jpg (188 KB, 1200x630)
188 KB
188 KB JPG
>The heights of your wisdom!
>More... I need to endure... Even more! Far from enough! I demand you despise me, abhorrent Nanaya!
>Midra, Commoner of Tranquil Waters
>>
File: Screenshot (162).png (609 KB, 794x746)
609 KB
609 KB PNG
>>683622509
I wasn't expecting the Lord of Chaos to be the final boss. The DLC ended a bit abruptly after I killed him but it was peak. Can't wait for the Miquella DLC.
>>
>>683622509
>Discover a woods
>Infested with frenzied flame.
>You find the source of it
>He attacks you
You could have heeded his words and left.
>>
>>683624318
It's castle doctrine and as Elden Lord every castle in the land is mine.
>>
>>683622509
Me whipping out the mimic tear and fingerprint shield after the gay pedo final boss floats in the sky with no animation and cuts the fps by half before doing a one shot explosion
>>
>>683624580
kino
this reminds me that ER didn't do anything like O&S or Demon Princes.
>>
>>683622591
Your character is canonically a psycopath and Midra's manse proves it
>>
>>683626119
those are the shadowlands tho
>>
File: 1709847714939792.png (1.34 MB, 1200x800)
1.34 MB
1.34 MB PNG
>Miquella please REDEEM my clan..
Hornsent a shit eater no wonder Marika killed this shit eater people
>>
>>683627306
Next on: Marika did nothing wrong and is the most relatable character dispite basically having 0 screentime herself
>>
>>683623515
Gamble, forgive me
>>
Kinda funny how if tarnished never stumbled on to this place at some point Midra would have gotten tired of enduring and would have caused an apocalypse with his frenzied flame bullshit
>>
>>683622591
I don't know why I did literally anything in the DLC. I don't know why I went there, I don't know what Miquella was trying to do, I don't know why I stopped him.
At least in the base game they tell you "go here and here and here and kill these dudes to claim the elden throne".
>>
>>683628995
It's pretty straigtforward, Miquella is another shardbearer trying to ascend to godhood (like Ranni), which means he is in direct opposition to your goals. You beat up Messmer to take his fire to remove the thorn barrier, everything else is "hey what's over here" or part of an NPC quest
>>
>>683627751
>women actually connect with Marika because she's an evil bitch who fucked over her entire family
Grim
>>
>>683622591
He was one whomst Zanzibart could not forgive...
>>
>>683622591
Same reason you kill the mother of fingers, despite the NPC who guided you to it not wanting you to. The player wants to kill big strong bosses, so the game lets you.
>>
>>683627751
>>683630101
Hornniggers had it coming.
>>
>>683626397
>didn't do anything like O&S
You block fatboy slim in farum from your mind or something?
>>
serious question. why do so many of the bosses and npc's in fromsoft games say "forgive me" when they die? why is it so common.
>>
>>683632154
They want forgiveness
>>
>>683632154
Because Japanese literature in general is obsessed with regret due to how Shintoism and Buddhism works. It isn't just FROM.
You can also blame Samurai death poetry if you want too.
>>
I recently suffered a psychological break and found Midra to be an oddly soothing character because I feel as though I can relate to his concept, despite how barebones it is, and I have a deep appreciation of the Frenzied Flame and the concept of undoing the world as it is as an act of supreme mercy and compassion.
Personally I am a little disappointed that the Flame of Frenzy is reinforced as some duplicitious, evil force when the Lands Between are so fucked up in the first place that they really didn't need to push the 'evil' angle.
>>
>>683633190
>I am a little disappointed that the Flame of Frenzy is reinforced as some duplicitious, evil force
you didn't get that impression from shabriri?
>>
>>683622591
I asked that every like 20 minutes while playing the game. Like these guys are just chilling, yet the way everyone reacts to the tarnished it's like they know you're a complete psychopath.
>>
>>683634451
Or maybe it's because they're under miquella's thrall
Midra is just insane obviously, and hippos are murderanimals
>>
>>683628995
bitch the two fingers literally tell you to kill the shard bearers as they have been abandoned by the greater will, they are a threat to the new order you are trying to establish and must be disposed of, including miquella, even the all knowing wanted to destroy his cocoon before the dlc released as he considered it a possible threat

swear you niggas never fuckn listen to basic dialogue
>>
>>683632154
have you ever heard of "regret"? when you are on your deathbed you will also regret certain things and want forgiveness, jesus nigga its not such a far fetched complex thing
>>
>>683632146
in the O&S and Demon Prince fights the second phase is different depending on who you kill first.
>>
>>683634946
I get it now. Forgive me for that last post.
>>
>>683634451
tbf Midra was explicitly NOT chilling
>>
>>683623515
At least Radahn or Miquella didn't say the thing, in fact they just drop dead and that's the end of ER, forever
>>
>>683631939
True, but so did Marika by the end
>>
>>683623369
Everyone else has violated the NAP, I am just responding in kind.
>>
>>683634576
>>683635778
I mean like, every npc in the game, not just that area. Is it just canonical that the world hates tarnished or something? Are there any characters in the game that you can talk to that aren't demigods or other tarnished? Like why do jars still attack you then if they are seemingly unaffected enough to talk to you like Alexander?
>>
>>683622509
ZANZIBARTO..
>>
>>683635195
I AM ZANZIBART
LORD OF 4CHAN
AND I HAVE NEVER KNOWN REDDIT
>>
>>683622509
I HAVE GIVEN THEE
COURTESY
ENOUGH.
>>
>>683636474
>Are there any characters in the game that you can talk to that aren't demigods or other tarnished?
Many of the NPC's aren't Tarnished. Kennith Haight is a good example. But yes most hate you because you weren't born touched by the erdtree(it's all in the eyes which is why everyone immediately notices). A good chunk are also just insane from the cycle of birth and death being fucked. As for the bosses
>godrick
Wants to larp because he's Godwyn's great great great great great great great great great great grandson so naturally hates you for being a lowly undesirable.
>rennala
Mindbroke because of divorce.
>radahn
Mindbroke because of rot.
>Morgott
Convinced himself that no one should be allowed within the tree especially not Tarnished because they keep trying.
>mohg
You disturbed his consummation time.
>rykard
TOGETHA!!!!!!!!!!
>fire giant
Was told to guard kiln, you're planning on using kiln.
>maliketh
Guards death, you want death.
>malenia
Honestly not actually sure why she fights us.
>gideon
Butthurt because you are doing too well.
>godfrey
He's on the same quest you are, in the end both his grace and your grace are pointing you two to fight to truly see who deserves to enter the tree. Thus why he's one of the few bosses to actually show respect to you.
>radagon
Beast told him to.
>>
>>683636474
>Like why do jars still attack you then if they are seemingly unaffected enough to talk to you like Alexander?
They wanted to test their strength. Alexander doesn't do this because you helped him out and he wants to see you grow with him culminating in the final battle. This is why the jars in the village don't attack, only the warriors on pilgrimage will do so.
>>
>>683622509
Wow... He's just like me...
>>
>>683637331
But why aren't they affected by whatever is causing everything else in the world to attack tarnished.
>>
>>683637651
The jars are outside the cycle of death and rebirth that everyone else is in. In the sense that they have their own form in the way of passing on their innards.
>>
>>683637201
>>malenia
>Honestly not actually sure why she fights us.
she's defending miquella's cocoon
>>
>>683637784
Do they like, reproduce? How does that work.
>>
>>683637816
how does kirby poop
>>
>>683637880
I thought he just keeps storing the energy, which is why he's so strong that he can crack planets.
>>
>>683637816
Probably, since there are children jars.
>>
>>683637651
he's just vomiting headcanons
>>
>>683628995
DLC storylines were pretty straightforward I was worried about Youtube lorebros.
>>
>>683636474
Godrick and Morgott gave orders to their lordsworn to attack Tarnished on sight, Raya Lucaria and Haligtree are defending their territory from anyone, Redmanes just like fightin', and Rykard's lads are snakes that want to eat everything
>>
>>683636474
the game at certain points acts like the lands between are still somewhat in motion and not a bunch of hollows doing nothing
>>
>>683622509
hes literally me
>>
>>683638156
What about albinaurics
>>
>>683637201
Malenia is the only poorly written one.
>>
>>683633190
Same. There's something about stumbling upon the places with tortured nobodies and finding the world ending power associated with them. It's also the only power entirely associated with normal humans. Like something forgotten and swept under the rug by all these mighty demigods that's been brewing for all this time and can, under the right circumstances, indiscriminately melt all of their millennia old legacies to hell. It's something furtive and easily forgotten one might say. I always wished the completely cucked DS human faction could spit on Gwyn someway, but now we have it. The shot where you become Lord of Frenzied Flame and see Marika's body crumble to dust is the most cathartic moment in the whole game to me.
>>
>>683622868
Who is nanaya?
>>
>>683622591
The same reason half the quests are you talking to people who teleport around the map to random places then invade you and try to kill you even though you were helping them. From (and especially Tanimura) can't design good games.
>>
>>683633190
Melina's view on the Frenzied Flame and its folly is treated as being objectively correct by the writers.
>However ruined this world has become, however mired in torment and despair, life endures. Births continue. There is beauty in that, is there not?
>>
>>683638035
>jars want strong bodies
>you are strong warrior
Simple.
>>
File: file.png (1.8 MB, 1800x900)
1.8 MB
1.8 MB PNG
>>683622591
There is only one Lord of the Frenzied Flame.
And I do not share power.
>>
>>683633431
I always saw him as an agent of chaos that revelled in destruction for its own sake but, that the message he had regarding the Flame was true in of itself regardless. Yeah, he's trying to trick you into accepting the Flame because he loves the idea of everything ending, but that doesn't necessarily detract from the idea that the Lands Between are beyond saving. It's like the Joker telling you to turn off someone's life support because it would be funny, even though they're brain dead anyway and you're sparing them from being trapped in their own body or what have you.
Of course, I fully accept I am a Shabriri simp who is not only mistaken but, coping to an embarrassing degree.
>>683638573
Yeah, I fully agree with you. I personally go with the notion that the 'canon' ending to Dark Souls 3 is the Age of Dark because I just find it so fitting. After constantly getting used and abused by the Gods to extend the Age of Fire, I really like the idea of the Ashen One / Humanity going "Nah, fuck that," and willingly throwing themselves to an era of darkness because at least it means they'll live on their own terms and not someone elses. I enjoy your own little insight into the Golden Order / Outer Gods being undone by a force thats conjured up solely by the lowly creatures under their oppressive rulership, it's a neat concept and I think it plays into the human condition.
>>683638887
I don't know if it's a sign that I am really far gone or what, but I genuinely detest the idea that "life isn't so bad because more people are born into the perpetual-suffering-machine and get to experience a little bit of pleasure before they are ultimately crushed into a meaningless paste". I truly think the Frenzied Flame is the ultimate mercy and only real option.
>>
>>683624580
>The rising leaves hide a story. The unimportant Elden Ring was rapaired. In our office, before the fog, the Lands Between. Now, Queen Marika the Finite is found, and on the Night of the Black Knives, Godwyn the Golden was the first to survive. Later, Marika's offspring, demigods none, denied the shards of the Elden Ring. The joyful purity of their previous weakness prevented the Shattering. A peace from which every lord arose. A peace leading to adoption by the Greater Will. Rest now, ye Tarnished. Ye living, who yet die. The call of long-aquired dishonor whispers to us all. Hoarah Loux, slave of the badlands. The never-foolish Goldmask. Fia, the Living Rival. The lovable Food Faster! And Sir Gideon Ofnir, the unknowing! And many others. Whom dishonor would not bless. Tarnished of great infamy. Avoid the fog, to the Lands Between. To sit before the Elden Ring. And maintain the Elden Lord.
>>
>>683636474
Tarnished are an army of professional ass-kickers that Marika exiled as a secret weapon. She resurrects them all with the goal of wiping the continent clean because she finds out the Greater Will abandoned the world, and saying so is the ultimate blasphemy, which is why Radagon turns against her.
>>
>>683622591
because michael zaki is a lazy hack
>>
>>683639262
You don't have to understand it. Why would Melina be wrong? Melina is right, she knows what she's talking about. Just trust her. That's the comfort in religion. You don't need to question or overthink things, because you're faithful in what you believe to be simple, immutable facts.
>>
>>683638680
The lady in the painting who told him to "endure". We don't know the story though. Was she wifey? Was she just using him? Nanaya's torch seem to imply she had an agenda related to frenzy from before (the flame belonged to an apparently older failed lord). Where do the hornsent fit in? We'll never know.
>>
>>683622591
Tarnished are soldiers and mercenaries trained to kill and conquer anyone they meet on Marika's behalf.
>>
>>683639643
Is it getting hot in here or what?
>>
>>683622509
That's me when another slop game comes out (I hate video games)
>>
>>683639262
The Age of Dark ending is not comparable to the Frenzied Flame ending. The Age of Fire was a flawed system that didn't work, but everyone was too terrified to consider any other alternative because they didn't know what the Age of Dark would be like. Thus, the uncertainty of darkness was treated as the ultimate evil, because it COULD be bad. Frenzied Flame is not that. We know exactly what the Frenzied Flame is, and it's the worst thing imaginable and must be averted at all costs. Again, I must stress that this is the deliberate thematic intention of the author.
>>
>>683622591
killing people is the only mean of interaction in this game if they dont have a talk option
>>
>>683622591
if you're asking this legitimately you're too dumb for video games and should switch hobbies
>>
>>683639845
Oh, I understand that, I was just veering off into an aside for the sake of stirring conversation. I said in previous posts that I have my own appreciation of "terrible destruction being done as a final act of mercy to escape a flawed existance and spare present and future souls a torturous life" and I fully accept that my view of the Frenzied Flame is incompatible with what it actually is. Unfortunately for you, you don't seem to have picked up on the fact I said I suffered a psychological break recently and, to further compound any frustrations, I fully believe in the Death of the Author and that I can say whatever I want and it's just as valid as an interpretation because... Well, because I say so.
I'm just playing with you, don't take me too seriously.
>>
>>683640070
i mean it makes no sense to fight many of these epople.
it is a videogame but doesnt mean it isnt dumb. The play and strucutre has happened so many times in previous games it already is tiring
>>
File: lordoffrenzy.jpg (101 KB, 491x625)
101 KB
101 KB JPG
>>683639643
I don't listen to women
>>
File: 1696660596175401.jpg (128 KB, 1078x692)
128 KB
128 KB JPG
so when did you realize the lord of frenzied flame is the best ending? for me it was the moment i realized ranni fucked everything and she would technically die if i burned everything
>>
>>683638887
>>683639845
why the fuck would i trust a ghost woman (read: schizophrenic delusion) about how awesome life is when everything around me is rotting away in real time? she doesnt even have a fucking body. im sure life is great when you aren't in any danger of being consumed by scarlet rot or crammed into a pot. might as well go around saying varre is a vehicle for the author's point of view as well.
>>683640350
its the best ending because it actually has an ending cutscene longer than 4 seconds of you sitting in a chair and the world is fucked beyond repair, fixing the elden ring doesn't magically undo the fact your entire life is decided upon by some half-baked concept from space
>>
File: 1698680758853345.png (2.2 MB, 1920x1080)
2.2 MB
2.2 MB PNG
>>683640350
When my character stood back up and did the coolest pose in the game, and Midra did it too.
>>
>>683622591
Anon he's the fucking lord of frenzied flame. If you're the Elden Lord, why the fuck would you allow someone like that to live, when his goal is to just bring forth another outer god and melt the world?
>>
>>683639262
>>683639643
Neither of you. Personally I think Melina is generally right if you assume the Tarnished is of sound mind, but I also enjoy the idea of bearing the downtrodden's burden and bring retribution for the snuffed out voices. If I go FF ending I like to larp that the Tarnished had a horrible past before ER, maybe even a personal connection to the downtrodden.

I don't think it's a question of what ending is the right one, rather which is more likely in a world like ER's. And to me it's 50/50.
>>
>>683637785
But it's a fake cocoon right? Mogh had the real one.
>>
>>683622509
Nanaya... forgive me...
>>
>>683640152
Are you okay?
>>
>>683641405
Malenia is blind and doesn't know that Mohg kidnapped Miquella
>>
>>683641405
Mohg stole Miquella out of the cocoon. Melania waited there and slept for centuries thinking Miquella would return, but he never did.
>>
>>683641464
There's actually a lot of depth here, because he believes that by killing himself he has failed her, but in fact, she anticipated this, intentionally setting him up to fail so that the despair would catalyze his transformation into a lord of chaos.
>>
>>683639757
>Where do the hornsent fit in?
They were the dominant culture at the time, the FF tried to manifest through them as it does with the golden people in the base game.
>>
>>683638489
They are just showing off their sick wheelies. Not their fault you're too stupid to get out of the way.
>>
>>683640631
That's fine, you can trust the screaming lunatic and the blind girl that tell you the Frenzied Flame will end everything AND ENCOURAGE YOU TO DO IT.
>>
>>683622509
>Dearest Zendaya.... forgive me...
>AAAAACKKK!!
>>
>>683639757
>>683638680
>Was she just using him?
Yes. Nanaya was girl Shabriri, or possibly even Shabriri himself. She was teaching men to cultivate frenzy in hopes that one of them would become a lord of chaos. After Midra was stabbed by a hornsent inquisitor and survived, Nanaya told him to leave the weapon embedded in his body and simply endure the suffering, and that if he did so long enough, he would become a lord. What she didn't tell him is that this wasn't actually true, she just hoped he could stave off suicide long enough for the despair of his own inevitable failure to ignite the flame of chaos within him.
>>
>>683640206
Based
>>
>>683642307
kek
>>
>>683637201
Also, both Mohg and Malenia may see you as a rival/unwanted Lord for Miquella.
>>
Me when 6 day work weeks get introduced into burgerland. What build will you use against me?
>>
>>683622509
I ask this every day.
>>
>>683643514
>6 days
LoL what do you need that one day for you lazy zoomer? The economy will die if you don't work more for the pedophiles ruling us oy vey, it's antisemitic not to work on Sunday.
>>
>>683622591
Classic murderhobbo's quest of killing and pillaging.
Morgot was right.
>>
>>683639371
head canon, GW only left with the shattering
>>
>>683622591
He's a ticking time bomb and we're a murder hobo.
>>
>>683640646
I wish I could pull off my head and burn everything too ( while looking cool as I do it )
>>
>>683643965
Wrong, Metyr only received one message and she came to the planet ages ago.
>>
>>683622962
>look, I can't leave because of that fog gate
>fog gate? that looks like a fog gate to you?
>>
>>683641538
I'm recovering and doing better, thank you.
>>
>>683622591
I am a seeker of truth. Every fleeing man must be caught. Every secret must be unearthed.
>>
>>683622591
"lol. lmao even."
>>
>Iv given thee courtesy EnoUgH
>>
>>683642630
>Nanaya was girl Shabriri, or possibly even Shabriri himself
Cool cracktheory. But why are the hornsent still there? There's frenzy shit infesting the whole damn valley, turning the freaking sheep gay. Where they in on it with Nanaya? Did she expect them to barb him so she could start her project?Some of them use frenzy spells, but it's not like they're all glowing so they're not actually mad, just dabbling in the school probably. Nanaya looks like she just died of old age, not shanked. Also they must really love camping. If not, why not just fucking kill him?
>>
>>683645576
If you can use madness, you're mad.
>>
>>683645430
>Gahrorsh
>>
>>683640350
when melina threatens to kill you if you go through with it
bitch im already dead and so are you
>>
>>683640350
It's the only ending to place all the power in your hands
>>
>>683640206
based
but i hope you aren't a hypocrite and beat the game without levelling up/torrent(you didn't sit at that grace so you don't have to listen to melina)
>>
>>683645576
>But why are the hornsent still there?
They tried to kill the frenzy but failed. Some got infected by frenzy and either don't want to leave or were abandoned by their brethren.
>Some of them use frenzy spells, but it's not like they're all glowing so they're not actually mad,
They are mad, their eyes are just covered.
>>
>>683628995
I felt similarly aimless during all of dark souls 2
>>
File: 1707705320170528.png (469 KB, 642x414)
469 KB
469 KB PNG
>>683639371
>Radagon turns against her
>>
>>683646256
>leyndell and beyond is unreachable if you don't get into an accord with melina, even with two big runes
what were they thinking
>>
>>683638148
Lorebros usually thrive on secondary plotlines.
>>
>>683647847
They didn't want you getting near the frenzied flame before reaching roundtable hold so that you didn't get locked out of it (or force From to write some contrived excuse to have her show up even after you were embraced by the three fingers)
>>
>>683648392
You don't need to pass Leyndell to get to the FF, it's through the sewers.
>>
>>683622591
The Tarnished is guided to dispose of any threat to their inevitable goal. He's a lord of chaos, a failed one, but a lord of chaos nonetheless. So you dispose of him.
>>
Who impaled Marika and trapped her like that at the end anyways? Can't be the Elden Beast I would think
>>
>>683648892
Literally the Elden Beast, it can do the same attack to you
>>
>>683648508
gee I wonder where the sewers are
there's the same 2 big rune wall down in the frenzied flame entrance anyway so it's a moot point
>>
>>683632154
Motherfucker, you killed them. You literally stopped them from fulfilling their dreams. You are a manifestation of the killer of wills. You slay goals. You murder determination. You are the bringer of regrets.
>>
>>683638573
Left wing loser Incel perspective on life
>>
>>683622591
Why the hell would you leave a potential lord of frenzy alive? Look what happened to abyssal woods and that's him being dormant.
>>
>>683622591
Too many replies and no one has given the most simple answer, which is also the correct one: the grace guides you there, that's it.
>>
>>683638680
Nanaya is Midra's Hyetta.
>>
>>683639303
>Queen Marika the Finite
It's King Marigold.
>>
>>683622591
The in game explanation is you are guided by grace to his place to kill him because he's a threat to the greater will.
>>
>>683649741
But I have the Flame of Frenzy in me. Is the Greater Will stupid?
>>
>>683622591
To save him from Zanzibart
>>
>>683632327
The power of friendship also stems from this and the collective unconscious nirvana power within yada yada
>>
>>683641798
>Mohg stole Miquella out of the cocoon.
*Mohg took Miquella after being charmed, exactly according to keikaku
Fuck the DLC's nonsensical use of them.
>>
>>683622509
this guy kicked my ass today so i used a summon to beat him
>>
>>683651123
It makes sense though, in base game the only explanation we had for why mogh took him was bcs he was a perv because um he looks weird? honestly, its you guys' fault for being swayed so easily by superficial stuff
>>
>>683630101
but thats ranni
>>
>>683645576
>Cool cracktheory
If you look closely, Nanaya in the portrait with Midra has a smile similar to the one depicted in Shabriri's Woe.
>>
File: nanalanface.png (139 KB, 288x216)
139 KB
139 KB PNG
>>683623916
Russr, condemned!
>>
File: 1626904161184.gif (1.51 MB, 498x465)
1.51 MB
1.51 MB GIF
>>683639262
> Canon ending of DS3 is age of d-
Nope, the canon ending is letting the fire keeper smothering the flame but attacking her just before she can finish.
No achievement, only ending with the narrator game intro, most fitting ending.
>>
>>683651365
>the only explanation we had for why mogh took him was bcs he was a perv
I don't get how so many people came to this conclusion because we knew miquella was capable of essentially brainwashing people from the base game.
>>
>>683651365
>in base game the only explanation we had for why mogh took him was bcs he was a perv because um he looks weird?
It was because Mohg wanted to turn Miquella into a god with himself as his consort-lord and officially start the Mohgwyn Dynasty. It says so right there in the remembrace and medal description.
>>
>>683622509
>Giant fucking empty area before the mansion
>Mansion is filled with nothing but shadow guys(like two of them use madness as a means of attacking) more fucking hornsent and an enemy type you've potentially already encountered, or will encounter again later
Fuck this shitty DLC.
>>
Why can't I ride torrent after killing his ass, scared bitch horse.
>>
>>683633190
Look up Kalé's questline if you haven't already, it really paints the frenzy in a more positive note
>>
>>683622509
zanzichud...
>>
>>683650127
greater will has stopped communicating a long time ago. The grace is the will of marika now
>>
is the frenzy flame supposed to represent a star going super nova?
>>
>>683652519
No, it just illustrates the context behind how someone could be driven to come to that conclusion.
>>
>>683653394
It represents the byzantine roman view of sassanid zoroastrianism.
>>
>>683622591
EMBOLDENED BY THE FLAME OF AMBITION
>>
>>683653394
it's the dark sign going crazy cause dark souls was abandoned and now it wants to burn everything down
>>
>>683643965
DLC lore says GW has been gone way longer and everyone is in denial. Metyr's items.
>>
>>683649741
Marika said so.
>>
The lord of the frenzied flame ending is what leads into the time before the cycle of dark souls. The lord of frenzy ultimately fails to kill everything as the will driving it is eventually forgotten, leaving the world as darkened ashes. Humanity is the inheritors of the dispersed remnants of the frenzied flame, misguided by it's influence into seeking power until the flame consumes them.
>>
>>683622962
I'd attack you if you broke into my house too, shithead
>>
File: 1706413211139.gif (36 KB, 200x200)
36 KB
36 KB GIF
>>683627306
I just think that is. eat that, Miyazaki-sama in his infinite benevolence and vision, had included Indian representation in this DLC.
>>
>>683656145
So Ranni only did the night of black knives and Marika did the shattering because of the fingers who duped everyone into thinking the GW was still there? But then why go through all that trouble when you literally casually murder the mother of all fingers?
>>
>>683656525
Marika was trying (and failing) to keep Radagon from becoming the dominant personality.
Ranni was misled by bad actors and morons
>>
>>683657035
>headcanon
>>
>>683656525
Marika started noticing the fingers were bullshitting at some point and investigated further, we don't know what really happened in the night of black knives but the black knives being numen implies Marika was involved somehow. Maybe killing Godwyn was just Ranni's doing though, and thats why Marika sperged out and broke the elden ring.
>>
>>683639262
>burning it all because of some questionable principle, reasoning or cope
>not turning everything into dust and ending it all just for the sake of it
you are not a true Frenzied Flame chad.
>>
>>683644030
So is it actually Metyr who punished the Nox? I suppose those "GW punished the Nox with Astel" Schizos have some merit considering her microcosm powers.
>>
>>683623803
That's dragonirian
>known russian
>known to reply to his own posts
>known to meme shitpost
>>
>>683657942
He also has an obsession with turks.
>>683657380
Lol no. She saw into radagon and knew he wasn't her anymore so she shattered the ring.
>>
>>683657942
Not as bad as Jeremy, the obsessive snoy who ruins Elden Ring threads by spamming disinfo, also replies to his own posts and accuses everybody of being Dragonirian.
>>
>>683622591
>Godrick says forefathers one and all
>"Huh, he has a family? I should kill them too!"
>Delve to the deepest reaches of the forbidden lands, the abyss within the abyss
>Find the family manor and kill his godfather
>>
>>683658429
Who is that?
>>
>>683622509
when you fail nofap
>>
>>683640646
I wish we could get that pose that the frenzy guy does
>>
>>683654061
>Fire
>Flame of Ambition
>Glintstone fire
>Black flame
>Giant's flame
>Blasphemous fire
>Mesmer's flames
>Frenzy flame
>Frost flame
>Dragon lightning fire
that's a lot of flavors of burning
>>
File: D's questline.png (100 KB, 1003x524)
100 KB
100 KB PNG
>>683623369
>>683622591
>>683643846
I am not the biggest fan of FromSoft in general, but the thing that really activates my almonds is how there is zero personality to the player character, yet also zero story-related reactivity. Which means that (you) will always be a lumbering muscle running errands for characters with an actual, ya know, character.
Tabula Rasa player non-characters in CRPGs are meant for roleplaying, and average JRPG hero tends to be pretty defined. But FromSoft gives you nothing, and with how the stories are structured, the player does feel like a chump running around for no particular reason. I would be more than happy to play as a silent murderhobo, slaying strong foes and collecting weapons and learning spells just for the fun of it. But that still requires *some* acknowledgement, from NPCs that suddenly have to contend with a relentless murder machine.
>inb4 not doing sidequests is roleplaying
Players tend to optimize everything, including stories. If you give them no incentive to do or not do something (even as simple as "cute snake girl lives"), then players will have no reason to act "sub-optimally". So why shouldn't tarnished be a bloody-fingered recusant Ranni-serving lord of frenzyflame? Ranni's questiline is particularly notable, with how straightforward it is and how much stuff is gated behind it. No wonder they call her Miyazaki's waifu.
Also, protected NPCs are annoying.
>>
>>683638734
you were just an idiot for helping random people you barely knew
>>
Micolash for soiz.
>>
>>683622591
>>683649741
>>683650127
>>683653327
Its in Cut Content but Grace guides you to not only the critical path but whatever big areas cold potentially make your stronger.
Murking this guy in his house gives you a bunch of ruse and a remembrance which makes you stronger.
Grace guides you to Ranni because doing her quest unlocks more areas and more bosses to kill which makes you stronger.
The Tarnished is a murderhobo being groomed by Grace to become as strong as possible as to overcome the challenges ahead.
>>
File: 1721204714896557.png (232 KB, 725x846)
232 KB
232 KB PNG
>>683658676
A very mentally ill terminally online "le troll" who's part of resident negro shitposter Ruggarell's discord clique.

As of late, he'll go into Elden Ring threads and drive lorefags into arguing in circles for hours by posting disinfo and then fake arguing with them.
When people lose interest in that, he'll start accusing people of being Dragonirian, or what he calls "sisters" which he likely means the "Shazam Discord Trannies".

You'll rarely see an actual Dragonirian post, Jeremy just like to pretend that he's in the right by strawmanning with whatever is the current /v/ boogeyman to appear in the right.
>>
>>683659940
You sure you're not thinking of dennis?
>>
File: 1622185561715.png (833 KB, 739x739)
833 KB
833 KB PNG
>>683659940
>>
>>683659504
and they all come from the first flame
>>
>>683660000
He might be talking about one of the Erics.
>>
>>683659940
Is that also the guy who jumped on the fact that one of the anons who support Goldmask because he was easy to bait, and started calling everyone who also supports Goldmask goldcuck and treating them like the same guy?
Also the
lol
Poster?
>>
>>683660121
Thats Darren
>>
>>683660225
I thought farquaad was doing that...
>>
File: 1414343825608.jpg (329 KB, 800x800)
329 KB
329 KB JPG
>>683656284
I parry you and use your soul to make a new toilet brush.
>>
>>683660384
Nah Farguad moves in entirely different thread circles (generally CRPG and related topics) and is very easy to notice on account of his blatant homoposting
>>
>>683660568
It might be Kevin then.
>>
>>683660000
>>683660115
He's also called Eric, but since he has a narrative that "Eric is an adversary Dragonirian made up" I don't call him that because newfags fell for that story months ago.
>>683660121
Yeah that's him. One of his things is that all pro Goldmask ending sentiments are one person he calls Goldcuck.

He loves to make single "lol" replies. Will samefag a "narrative" of what's going referring to /v/ as "anons".
He'll post a bunch of images that prove Dragonirian is up to something (What the something is never addressed and the images merely convey a poster making seamless co-op bitching threads)

If someone goes into the thread and start rambling about Stars of Ruin proving 12 colored meteors representing the outer gods landing in the land between and the Elden Beast grafting itself to the Elden Ring, that's him.
If he starts posting images of armor and claiming they convey a completely nonsense story, that's him making fun of (you) for being interested in the games lore.

This guy doesn't even play the game, he's apparently in other threads such as Tears of the Kingdom threads driving them into shit.
>>
>>683660781
Sounds like you're thinking of benjamin
>>
>>683622509
damn Janny looks like THAT?
>>
>anons baiting the dragon guy with all the names he uses as strawmen
>he replies to all of them
sensible chuckle
>>
>>683660667
Eh the only ones I know for sure exist on /v/ are
>Farquad
Mentioned above
>Barry
Also knows as Baztek who frequents FF threads, obsessed with FF15 and will denigrate the rest of the series, obvious to tell when he is in thread because of his typing style. He is also the source of people like you using random normal names because the idea of some random guy doing a years long shill/shitpost campaign is inherently funny.
and
>ER guy
I don't use any proper name for him because I don't pay to much attention to discord shit and again all of these names stem from the absurdity of Barry. For any onons that read this he is the one we have been talking about in this reply chain.
I know a few others on other boards but for /v/ that's what I got.
>>
File: 1690562361252501.jpg (91 KB, 740x713)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
>>683660431
>>
>>683661209
I still think you are referring to Thomas it sounds more like something Tom would do.
>>
>>683661302
Sounds more like Mike to me
>>
>>683661378
Nah mike is a bro that only posts on /vr/ this is the work of sean
>>
>>683661471
Your sure its not Jean he has been in a bad mood recently.
>>
>>683661581
It could be jean but then that also implicates dragnirian again since she is part of his steam group.
>>
>>683661717
Ah true
>>
>>683661205
The actual Dragonirian is the tripfag NightmareK***ght. He is a youtuber who makes Elden Ring pvp videos. He may actually be behind the Seamless Co-op threads that Eric accuses him of but otherwise the guy isn't a deranged shitposter. You see more weird insane Dragonirian accusation posts in achieves than actual evidence of a shitposter.
It seems Eric just likes to make people rush to defend themselves from being accused of an "ick", like a child calling another child gay for wearing a green shirt.

There is actually a story for why Jeremy Eric hates him but I can't remember it all. Something about a discord or something where he gleamed the guys steam account.

>>683661209
The idea of Tripless shitposters. Back then people like Lanced Jack, Marielx and GladiumTarantula(I can't remember his trip kek) used to shitpost with a tripcode you could filter. Then faggots like ACfag learned (you)s are fun to get even without a tripcode to attach them to.

No longer do these fags slip into the stream anonymous posting, you start to notice people on their posts and how the threads end up under their influence. When ACfag capsized every meteroid thread with same bait, someone's gotta give him a "name".
>>
>>683661802
I'm pretty sure you're thinking of Sully.
>>
File: 1715067074784456.gif (421 KB, 220x178)
421 KB
421 KB GIF
>>683659873
ludonarrative dissonance
>>
>>683662694
Wrong Post?
>>
>>683622591
Lazy writing
Remember when you could get to Priscilla's arena, and she'd just talk to you and you'd have to make the conscious decision to fight her instead of just leaving her alone? There should have been more of that.
>>
>>683622591
Because he's a chud incel who was simping over a woman so therefore it's justified to kill him.
>>
>>683661802
>He may actually be behind the Seamless Co-op threads
>>>may
>the guy isn't a deranged shitposter
>>>the guy
real subtle work here, lmao, guess constantly reposting that wolfenstein pic has brought too much unwanted attention
have a (you), "anonymous", your attempts at deflection to imaginary shitposters are very amusing
>>
File: GettyImages-1353994127.jpg (283 KB, 1360x2021)
283 KB
283 KB JPG
>>683662953
Pretty funny how anons were clearly baiting him with names he should have recognized but he still slowly walked into it all the same. Seeing anons undo his lifes work of shitposting over the last few weeks.
>>
File: 1718975574740.jpg (78 KB, 1200x675)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
>>683622509
This guy was cool, but could he EVEN TOUCH Radahn? Let alone defeat him. And I'm not talking about the Red Lion Radahn. I'm not talking about Starscourge Radahn either. Hell, I'm not even talking about Rotted Radahn with the Starscourge Bow and an infinite supply of cleanrot spears (capable of firing gravity sniper bolts, arrow rains, and shotgun blasts), equipped with his Starscourge Greatswords, Leonard, control of the stars, with an Alabaster Lord's teachings implanted in him so he has gravity sorceries and can crash from orbit like a meteor while being an expert in mounted swordfighting despite the scarlet rot eating his brain.
I’m also not talking about the Promised Consort Radahn with the most fearsome empyrean Miquella riding his back (who is capable of using Light of Miquella, Multilayered Ring of Light, light pillars and the heart-stealing gay charm), his two original greatswords (which grant him Promised Consort and Lightspeed Slash) miquella's detailed hair on his back, capable of breaking your FPS, equipped with his original armor(capable of fooling anons into thinking he's a fake leak) and a bunch of sheathed swords because he is a master in STR and INT, control of both holy incantations and gravity sorceries, with Mohg, Lord of Blood’s DNA, enabling him to utilize bloodflame incantations from the Formless Mother, his four Lion's Claw spamming afterimages he summons AFTER he pelts you with rock sling, entered the stratosphere, and cast holy meteor on everybody so he can send them back to the boss gate.
>>
>>683622591
To have the best boss fight in the DLC.
>>
>>683664212
It's okay not the best tho, the elemental lion boss was probably the best one
>>
>>683640668
If lord of frenzy flame is such a threat to even all the outer gods besides the GW then how did we merc this guy after he became it?
>>
>>683664985
A single guy can disarm a nuclear bomb but that doesn't make it any less dangerous.
>>
>>683639000
>>683640668
That's great, but the Tarnished didnt know he was the Lord of Frenzy until he got there.
>>
File: bradley.png (344 KB, 448x626)
344 KB
344 KB PNG
>pulls barbed sword out of body
>censors decapitation
>>
>>683667813
Don't want to upset the Germans anon.
>>
>>683664035
Some random shitter with a great shield and pointy stick can beat Radahn.
>>
File: 1720151310088356.jpg (238 KB, 500x500)
238 KB
238 KB JPG
>>683662953
>>683663073
>That samefag referring to /v/ as anons as described in the post he's claiming to be dragonirian
Pure pottery.
>>
>>683651554
I assume there's no way to see the paintings again after breaking the illusory walls?
>>
>>683622591
Tarnished are guided by grace to defeat strong foes, take what they have and ascend to Lordship. You are basically one big gigantic terrorist who never dies and never gives up (obviously unless you choose too like a redditor). Your in-universe sense of determination and curiosity completely overwhelms the desire for strong opponents and bosses to survive. Most of the time it is beneficial. Midra was a mercy killing.
>>
>>683627751
How is she relatable?
>>
>>683625920
He isn't the source
>>
>>683622591
the canon story of every souls game is you're just wiping everyone out. i mean, look at them. its time to go.
>>
>>683664035
Radahn is literally the biggest jobber in the game and his story is him suffering a chain of humiliations until he finally dies after being molested
>>
>>683639000
how queer, that's what something looking for ORDER would say
>>
>kill everyone for no reason
>burns the entire world

this tarnished guy is a real jerk
>>
>>683656269
>The lord of the frenzied flame ending is what leads into the time before the cycle of dark souls.
The Abyssal Woods are already in the process of becoming a place of archtrees and fog.
>>
>>683632154
japanese writing
then that writing is specifically and frequently translated in that way
>>
>>683622591
there can only be one
>>
>>683671592
But he IS lord.
>>
File: 1669750665190157.jpg (68 KB, 978x1094)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
Was Nanaya even in the room with him? Who was he talking to?
>>
>>683638680
>Who is nanaya?
NANAYA BUSINESS
>>
>>683622509
kino
>>
>>683622509
>can't get flaming head as armor piece
shit dlc desu
>>
File: laughing.webm (1.17 MB, 640x352)
1.17 MB
1.17 MB WEBM
>>683674472
beat me to it
>>
>>683638148
Honestly all the interesting lore in the DLC is side content anyway. Hornsent Genocide, Marika's Pot People, Mother of Fingers, Dragon Communion being a plot by Placidusax, etc.
>>
>>683678704
Lol aside from Mesmair and the rot boss everything else is "optional".
>>
>>683679080
I'd honestly say Messmer himself is basically side content because he has interesting lore but no actual involvement in the main story besides "he's Malenia's bro so he makes for a good firestarter".
>>
>>683679304
*Melina's
>>
File: AYY LMAO.gif (1.12 MB, 400x286)
1.12 MB
1.12 MB GIF
>>683674472
>>
File: file.png (1.38 MB, 985x979)
1.38 MB
1.38 MB PNG
>>683649506
This. The Tarnished has 2 objectives.
>1. become Elden Lord.
>2. do whatever Marika tells you to through grace
>>
>>683659504
you missed the ghostflame. that one's pretty big.
>>
>>683622591
The depths of my foolishness.
>>
>>683679304
Messmer is so goddamn lame between his apperance and whatever nonsense constitutes as his lore.
>>
>>683682178
You really feel that they merged two DLCs together, a FS game never had lore this bad and nonsensical.
>>
>>683682178
Everything about Messmer being designed around his mommy issues is kind of cool though.
>>
>>683622509
You know, now I'm really starting to see that they use "forgive me..." line too often. Must be a japanese thing.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.