[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1717269740732303.webm (2.97 MB, 400x400)
2.97 MB
2.97 MB WEBM
>"no one ever said morrowind has good combat"
yea that's right. morrowind's combat is dogshit.
>>
Morrowind has good combat.
You are just retarded to understand the hit chance and damage equations.
>>
>>683665478
MORROWIND's combat is GOOD, actually. It's a first person RPG not like garbage like Oblivion and OBLIVION WITH GUNS OR LIKE THE PLEBS SAY, FALLOUT. Morrowind is a game of knowledge and roleplaying aptitude not base gorilla physicality of hammering buttons. THE TRUE SOUL OF THE PLAYER is what is used when playing Morrowind, and the SOULLESS AUTOMATONS OF THIS CURSED MODERN AGE simply cannot comprehend this and lash out like savage troglodytes
>>
>>683665478
Skill issue.
>>
>>683665478
>Morrowind literally came out a year after Gothic 1
There's literally no excuse
>>
>>683665478
crazy I played this when I was 12 and didn’t get filtered by the combat or map. idk what your excuse is
>>
WHERE THE FUCK IS SKYWIND AT
>>
>>683665827
are you trying to say gothic 1 has better combat? lmao, no spears, no shields, awful camera controls
>>
File: miss5.png (1.06 MB, 1656x1028)
1.06 MB
1.06 MB PNG
>>683665478
I would've thought you'd like it
You fail to find your mark too
>>
File: IMG_4771.png (70 KB, 382x352)
70 KB
70 KB PNG
>>683665478
>disgusting beast race
>put all points into thievery and farming
>attack a superior House Indoril Dunmer with a (stolen) short sword
>low or no stamina
>”Why am I not hitting? This must be Bethesda’s fault! REEEE SAVE MEEEEEEE HISTMAN”

Back to the farm, s’wit.
>>
>>683665742
Incredibly based
>>
>>683666348
>Spears
>Shields
You did *not* play morrowind for more than five minutes lol
>>
I like what Oblvion did to fix Morrowind's combat
>>
Melee combat in morrowind is for the in-game NPCs
If you're swinging a weapon and not casting magic, you're not the nerevarine nor playing the game right
>>
I like what skyrim did to fix oblivions combat
>>
i like starfield and turtles
>>
>>683665478
It's merely a medium for transposing derived stat autism into real-time, 3 dimensional space. The entire system turns off when you find or craft something retardedly broken anyways.
>>
>>683666740
>>683666962
Morrowind dice rolling was unironically better.
>>
Morrowind is skibidi toilet for boomers, how else do you explain the wasteworks of Vivec
>>
I still play Morrowind regularly.

In fact I have two different playthroughs going on right now that I started recently, one on my desktop and one on my laptop (for when I'm travelling for work).

Morrowind is absolute GOAT.

The combat is not exciting, but it fits the game well and the game honestly wouldn't be what it is if it was full of rollslop or FF7R or whatever people claim to be the next best thing. Morrowind is much more of a lore/exploration/strategy game than an action game. It's closer to Myst than it is to Halo. That's why I love it.
>>
>>683667152
The entire system never turns off.
Its fundamental to the game and RPG components of it are always relevant.
Take race or example. When you are level 1 and cast a fireball spell at a dunmer bandit it doesnt do much damage. Then you come back at level 4 and cast a bigger fireball. It does some damage but its a huge mana cost for you at the time. So you come back at level 11. You cast weakness to fire on him and then an even bigger fireball.
It does considerable damage to him, but you dont one shot him.

Even when you come around with your pimped out high level destruction mage build and you throw the nuke fireball that murders everything in the entire room including him. You are doing something you could have done level 1 with a frost spell.
>>
I like what Skyrim did to fix Oblivion's combat
>>
>>683668010
You never broke it hard enough then.
>>
>>683668329
You never break the system.
You just imagine you are.
>>
>>683666236
Skywind or Skyblivion I'll take either please...
>>
File: a.png (259 KB, 884x1200)
259 KB
259 KB PNG
>>
People like OP being completely and utterly devoid of the ability to understand abstraction worries me a lot.
>>
How would you change Morrowind's melee combat to make it more interesting without changing the attack animations?
>>
File: Morrowind Combat.webm (2.99 MB, 960x540)
2.99 MB
2.99 MB WEBM
Morrowind combat is fire unironically.
>>
>>683668610
I think you mean morrowblivion, and that one suckw bwcause nobody has beards
>>
>>683669545
>not levitating
>not one shotting with spell
>spell isnt a 100 foot aoe
Low level mage gameplay
>>
>>683665581
> Morrowind has good combat.
> start the game
> fight every mudcrab for 5 minutes, with 95% of your attacks being misses
> level up your skills, find a decent weapon
> now you oneshot everything
>>
>>683669647
That's pretty clearly an enchanterCHAD webm. He doesn't require chugging a billion shitty potions in order to shell out massive elemental damage like a destruction cuck does. Instead, he simply uses ring machine guns
>>
sure hope you keep posting this thread!
>>
>>683669914
>play low skilled character
>expect to act skilled
the only issue is lack of visual feedback, you should see your weapon get glancing blows or the enemy dodge/block instead of just a miss sound
>>
People don't stand still when fighting in Oblivion or Skyrim.
Why do some people pretend like standing still in Morrowind is sane?
>>
>>683669575
No, there's a group doing a recreation of Oblivion with Skyrim's updated engine currently
>>
>>683670168
That's not the worst issue. Combat isn't meaningfully challenging. You're too weak at the beginning, but after a little while you're too strong.
Also there is zero actual player skill in fighting. The only thing player can influence combat is use items, spells and buggy mechanics to kill enemies that are supposed to be too strong for them.
My latest Morrowind playthrough: pick absolute garbage class (Witchhunter or something), go outside Seyda Neen, struggle with some mudcrabs, get attacked by dark brotherhood member, get on the rock and shoot him from bow for 15 minutes, get dark brotherhood armor, oh well I'm demigod now.
Still a great game, but combat and overall balance is absolute trash.
>>
>>683665478
Never played an elder scrolls in my life, but I have to assume Morrowind has the best combat in gaming since you keep spamming this shit like a Fallout 3 Pajeet.
>>
>>683672569
This is satanic
>>
It suck at the times even if worse existed (hello Gothic controls) but honestly it just at the beginning of the adventure and of its very stiff progression slope.

It's basically a RNG à la DnD (think Baldur's Gate) without the visual cue of roll dicing or the strategy of turn based combat, so failed rolls in real time is frustrating. At some point you're becoming good and you're not overthinking it anymore.

I get how new players can be frustrated by it though.
>>
>>683665581
That isn't even kind of the problem. Even if it wasn't for the constant missing, there's only two things you can do which are mash attack or cast a spell. Even turn based games are more engaging than Morrowind, the original Movie Game.
>>
>>683669914
>> fight every mudcrab for 5 minutes, with 95% of your attacks being misses
He already said you were too retarded to understand the hit chance equation, you don't need to say it a second time
>>
>>683670951
> zero actual player skill in fighting
Wrong, you can control how powerful your strikes are by holding the attack button down before releasing, you must also time your attacks to when the enemy gets out of stagger to have a chance of stunlocking them. Then you can use terrain to your advantage to make the AI bug out and let you land free hits.
>>
Vivec explaining why he wanted to become a deity
>I love the people of Morrowind. I became a god to make their lives more comfortable and secure. I am most close to my faithful followers; I am literally in their hearts and minds.

Ulfric explaining why he started his rebellion
>We're fighting because we're done bleeding for an Empire that won't bleed for us. Untold numbers of Nords died defending the Empire against the Dominion. And for what? Skyrim being sold to the Thalmor so the Emperor could keep his throne! We're fighting because our own Jarls, once strong, wise men, have become fearful and blind to their people's suffering. We're fighting because Skyrim needs heroes, and there's no one else but us.

Why does Ulfric talk like a Fantasy Character while Vivec talks like an (indian) girl from California? "I am, like, LITERALY in their hearts and minds" - woah, so this is Morrowind's writing?
>>
>>683665478
I pity people that cant enjoy Morrowind because they are now permanently deprived of one of the best RPGs of all time. They'll just never get it, -1 game permanent debuff.
>>
>>683673851
It’s not really an RPG, more like an action game with RPG elements (and bad action) like how Call of Duty isn’t an RPG.
>>
File: 1594267516934.jpg (67 KB, 925x1024)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
>>683673416
>the constant missing
>>
>>683673918
Now you are being rude to a point you deserve a smackdown.
You were already cursed.
But you are pushing for more.
Stop being a retarded braindead moronic uncultured kike zoomer animal.
>>
File: good job.gif (975 KB, 256x199)
975 KB
975 KB GIF
>>683665478
just got done with my first morrowind playthrough. House Telvani and Levitate make this game better than skyrim hands down. Boomers were right games were better back in the day.
>>
File: 312.jpg (48 KB, 495x507)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>683666486
Underrated
>>
>>683673416
Mashing attack lowers your damage
>>
>>683670070
>ring machine guns
I haven't played Morrowind yet but recently bought it when it went on sale. Tell me more about magic rings, that sounds interesting.
>>
>>683676724
Use one of the games many MANY bugs/glitches/exploits to make an incredibly powerful ring that shoots a shitty/decent spell over and over and over with no magicka cost and that recharges itself over a period of time.
(Requires certain ingredients like a powerful filled soulgem and a set amount of gold)

It's fun for some I guess but my go to exploit is to enchant an amulet with permanent invisibility. (I usually use a grand soul gem filled with a golden saint soul and then I pay an enchanter 1000 gold or something like that to enchant it for me since doing it yourself with a low skill can risk wasting the items). Once you have the amulet you can be permanently invisible.
>B-but anon, walking through doors, attacking, speaking or any variation of interacting with anything will break your invisibility!!!1!
Yes, the true beauty here comes from assigning two amulet to different hotkeys, everytime you load a new area or quickly need to become invisible again you can press the hotkey to equip another amulet, then re-equip the invisibility amulet and you will be invisible again instanty, most of the time this just straight up cancels combat with most people (some quest exceptions) and you can attack them again with impunity. Plus invisibility means you can always steal what you want, you can sneak attack anyone and anything, you can walk through entire dungeons without needing to touch a single enemy, you can freely 100 acrobatics jump across the map from town to town without any pesky npcs bothering you, you can rest anywhere in the wilderness and even if your rest is interrupted you won't be attacked. The list goes on.
Invisibility amulet is like godmode.

Basically anything in this game involving enchanting or alchemy is broken as all hell.
>>
File: 1617051983214.jpg (74 KB, 810x741)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
>>683666486
This post reminded me of the good old days of 4chan.
>>
>>683665478
love that game
>>
>>683665478
Morrowind has great combat, the best in the series. If you don't understand how the most simple of RPG mechanics work and that your UNTRAINED, EXHAUSTED CHARACTER doesn't hit every single swing, then you are sub 60 IQ, dumber than a Nepalese.
>>
>>683673746
Ulfric talks like a man with a chip on his shoulder and a politician trying to sell you his movement

Vivec talks in a clear and concise manner to make sure you don't misinterpret his words (ironic considering his religious and philosophical texts are purposefully abstruse)
That segment you're complaining, his him making sure you understand that his mind doesn't dwell on his followers spirit just in some symbolic sense
Also he has segments he sounds like Spengler or Evola:
>House Hlaalu represents the future of the Dunmer, integrated into the sophisticated mainstream of the traditionless, raceless, godless culture of the Empire.
>>
File: 1683593606812672.gif (633 KB, 300x200)
633 KB
633 KB GIF
>>683665478
Years later and /v/ still doesn't know how to play this game.
>>
>>683666236
why would I want morrowind but soulless
>>
>>683677448
i just use the 80% chameleon amulet
>>
>>683670168
>the only issue is lack of visual feedback
That's a pretty massive issue given its a visual experience.
>>
>>683665478
the combat is fine, it's the feedback that's dogshit. If enemies had a dodge animation for when you missed no one would be complaining
>>
>>683679018
>If you don't understand how the most simple of RPG mechanics work and that your UNTRAINED, EXHAUSTED CHARACTER doesn't hit every single swing, then you are sub 60 IQ, dumber than a Nepalese.
That's exactly the kind of people that Oblivion brought into this franchise and it belongs to them now
>>
>>683665742
based and red-pilled
>>
>>683665742
This poster has attained CHIM irl.
>>
>>683679217
What means she by this
>>
File: 20240725011455_1.jpg (376 KB, 1920x1080)
376 KB
376 KB JPG
The dunmer are up to no good again, but we sorted them /v/. We sorted them good
>>
I'm honestly tired of people pretending that Morrowind was full of constant hit miss. Even with suboptimal character, I would barely miss at all, only started to get this problem at very end of Blood Moon because enemies here would scale to your level in stats, making them literal murder machines (until I reduced difficulty slider from max to middle). Maybe because I bothered to read manual and knew about stamina influence and never bothered to use weapons I was not proficient with.
>>
>>683680670
This but it's still bad because there is no tactics, no active block or dodging, no meaningful hitstun or waves to counteract it, etc.

At MINIMUM game needed an active block and power-attack button with minor differences for armor weights. Oblivion and Skyrim are barebones but is still miles ahead by comparison. It was pure developer incompetence and inability, people pretend it was by design but it absolutely was not.
>>
>>683684781
>no meaningful hitstun
But staggering is amazingly useful in Morrowind
>>
>>683680670
The biggest problem about Morrowind's combat system is it being actual oldschool RPG combat system depending on tons of stats. System like this works best for autofight combat like Neverwinter Nights for example. If they did it this way, implementing proper miss/dodge animations wouldn't be a problem because combat animations would be easily precomputed and timed. But when it's FPS real-time experience, it would be very tricky to launch proper miss/dodge animations in time.
>>
>>683665478
>>683667152
this, morrowind basically is doing DnD rolls when you swing and if your skill on a weapon isn't there you'll miss 99.9% of the time even if the sword is going right through his head over and over. that sound of a whiff/miss is burned into my head. if your combat looks like OP it means "put that fucking thing down and train on it" or "this guy is far beyond your level period and just stop."
>>
>>683684634
>enemies here would scale to your level in stats
But their stats never scale, it's all static, they're simply designed to be completely fucking broken.

The only things that scale in the expansions are the humanoid enemy weapons. Bandits in Bloodmoon and DB assassins in Tribunal end up with Glass Jinkblades and Daedric Tantos at some point.
>>
>>683686553
> DB assassins in Tribunal end up with Glass Jinkblades and Daedric Tantos at some point.
Yeah, and you still oneshot them and use them as infinite money farm at that point.
>>
>>683665478
People who use habitual be deserve to be skinned alive.
>>
>>683673416
>he doesn't know
>>
File: monkeyman.gif (2.02 MB, 352x288)
2.02 MB
2.02 MB GIF
>>683665478
Morrowtards never played any other rpg or strategy or tactics game, instead they jerk off arpg with godawful action combat. Morrowind combat sucks in every way, in action way, in rpg way and in tactical way, it does nothing good nor even decently. It is spamming left click only while entire rpg system sucks and is painfully simplistic and boring. In fact you don't even interact with stats after leaving character creation, they all rise on their own. Any meaningful skills barely exist anyway, instead Bethesda turned weapon proficiencies into separate skills to bloat skill menu and give an illusion of depth (ironic how Morrowtards then complained when Bethesda fixed this and bundled them again properly). Hell, entire game plays itself on it's own, it's worse than movie games. There are no choices to be made beyond character creation and even during it those barely exist. Zero fucking depth, zero fucking balance, fetch quests galore, desolate featureless map and barely any content. It's telling that praise only ever goes into abusing badly designed gameplay mechanics resulting in functional cheating or "lore"
>>683675331
This doesn't change anything, melee combat is still mashing left click. Out of 3 basic RPG archetypes, "rogue" is completely and utterly nonfunctional because core stealth mechanic simply don't exist, "warrior" is just spamming left click and "mage" is badly designed and no different from opening console to use cheats. You have to imagine playing a different, better game, something Bethesda drones always encourage doing see >>683669194
>>
>>683665478
At least it had more player input then Skyrim.

But you never play Bathsoft games for combat, after all they are just glorified exploration games, especially then newer games.

At least you could properly express yourself in Morrowind.
>>
File: 1703889316406485.png (38 KB, 439x54)
38 KB
38 KB PNG
>>683688531
Literally the first paragraph in the part of the manual dedicated to teaching you how to fight, retard
>>
>>683688758
This literally doesn't change anything retard, I already explained it to you. You still only mash left click. Stop posting this inconsequential garbage while pretending that it's some game-changing knowledge. Melee combat is spamming left click only, there is no depth beyond that.
>>
>>683688979
>I already explained it to you
All you said was "nuh uh". Also
>he played with Always Use Best Attack on
>>
>>683688979
Mashing lowers your damage output, except with daggers.
>>
>>683688752
>At least you could properly express yourself in Morrowind.
You couldn't actually. Skyrim has a functional way to play all 3 basic rpg archetypes, Morrowind doesn't. Skyrim has better and more nonlinear quests. Skyrim has better designed RPG mechanic with leveling system that actually requires interaction. Skyrim has better balance. And Skyrim has better designed world.
>>683689056
>>683689058
You still only spam left click retards, making a brief pause doesn't change anything. It's an utterly irrelevant trivia
>>
File: 1719210303867991.png (57 KB, 440x78)
57 KB
57 KB PNG
>>683689540
>he played with Always Use Best Attack on
>>
>>683689056
> > he played with Always Use Best Attack on
Turn this off to unlock secret weapon animations.
>>683689058
Now I see where Minecraft took inspiration. It makes sense why combat is so good there too.
>>
>>683689653
Game makes no use of this
>>
>>683689980
Every single melee weapon in the game makes use of that
>>
>>683689540
> And Skyrim has better designed world.
It's way too generic and boring compared to Morrowind.
Feels like a lot of it was randomly generated and stitched together and in terms of rendering it's not stylized unlike Morrowind.
>>
File: 1718921947578685.jpg (148 KB, 540x720)
148 KB
148 KB JPG
>tfw I could have gone through my life without having played Morrowind
>but chose to go back for it as an adult
>I could be reading these thread while believing the blatant lies about the combat being time consuming and boring
it's in moments like these that your realize how much lies just float about, being repeated, as though their factuallity is a matter of opinion
you really can't trust anybody but yourself
>>
>>683690009
How is this relevant? It's meaningless addition with directional blocking not being a thing and enemies and their AI not being designed around it. Which is why there is an option to disable it. Games makes no use of this feature.
>>683690197
Play actual crpgs
>>
>>683690379
>it doesn't count because i don't use it
I've had enough of this conversation, you're an idiot
>>
>>683690379
>Play actual crpgs
I tried, they suck and are boring
>>
>>683690489
no u
>>
>>683677635
Before rightwing contrarianism and christcuck moralists have ruined this site.
>>
>>683677448
This could've easily been balanced by having enchanted items not auto-refill their charge, and need manual soulgem refills like in later TES games.
>>
File: 1721406670701218m.jpg (72 KB, 872x1024)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
>>683690197
>contrarians trying to shit on Morrowind/New Vegas
>thread turns into an actual discussion of the games by enthusiasts
>contrarians seethe fumes out of their asses until they get bullied out of their own threads
>>
>>683665478
you could make exactly the same video in skyrim
none of the bethesda games ever had good melee combat, they never had any meaningful impact it your hit didn't kill your target
>>
>>683689540
The only archetype that's broken in Morrowind is thief/rogue since sneaking is practically broken in the base game.
>>
DND rolls for a first person game is kind of dumb.
>>
>>683691059
>actual discussion of the games by enthusiasts
Where?
>>
>zoomers can't fathom the concept of dice rolls

I dread to think what Gen Alphies are gonna be like.
>>
>>683691249
Not my fault you don't have reading comprehension.
>>
>could it be that Morrowind is not actually perfect and does in fact have some problems?
>NO YOU RETARD SHUT UP
Why does this keep happening? Is it boomer nostalgia or something else? I don't see zoomers desperately defending Oblivion nearly as much.
>>
>>683690512
It's because your are a brainless retard who can only mash one button.
>>
>>683691250
>Gen Alphies
They'll grow up on skibidi toilet.
>>
>>683669545
Morrowind might be the only game to capture how absolutely horseshit wizardry would be if it was real.

>Melee combatant trying to chase you down, cast a 1pt 30 second levitation spell on him, forcibly lifting him an inch off the ground and allowing you to bombard him with impunity as he floats towards you at a pace slower than crawling
>Absorb strength spell makes you so weak you can't bear the weight of your own gear but you also can't even lift your arms to remove it, leaving you frozen in place - the wizard can periodically recast this spell until you starve to death if he feels cruel enough
>Open lock and telekinesis spells are trivially easy to cast, you can never hide anything from a wizard no matter how hard you try to lock and trap a chest or door
>Turn invisible at will
>Jump between cities in seconds
>Fortify Intelligence + Fortify Skill positive reinforcement loop letting them do dumb stuff like making themselves the strongest man on earth for a straight week, make a potion that gives them magicka that regenerates faster than it can be spent and heals so quickly it easily outpaces standing in molten lava, or simply applies 100% weakness to magicka and all elements before doing 400 damage a second for the next several days (Vivec, a literal god only has 3000 health, most NPCs have less than 200)
>>
>683688531
So much effort and no replies lol.
>>
>>683673918
>akcshually, TES is not an RPG
What causes this retardation?
>>
File deleted.
My problem with Morrowind isn't so much the combat but the dialogue itself. Everyone always harps on about how it's written so much better than the other TES games. I buy it on sale and what do I find, but every NPC (including the important ones) just repeats the same shit over and over.
Though I will say that the game itself seems quite unbalanced.
The first time I waited overnight somewhere to heal my wounds, I was ambushed by a dark assassin who was immediately dispatched with ease by my level 2 orc and then proceeded to sell the armor to the first merchant in the game for absurd amounts of money.

I have read that the true fun of Morrowind is not following the quest but following wikis to brew spells that break the game. Maybe a mobile or a rattle would also be amusing for such people who find that entertaining.
>>
File: yo this combat fire.webm (2.87 MB, 850x480)
2.87 MB
2.87 MB WEBM
>>683665478
They never learned how to make good combat, Morrowind isn't special in that regard.
>>
>>683669914
yes that is how the rpg genre works
>>
>>683691313
There is no actual discussion, retard. 105 posts in and it's still only about shitting on the Morrowind combat.
>>
>>683669914
>try to overpower a large wild animal with no relevant skills while exhausted
>wtf, this should be easy!
>>
>>683691476
I know you're just here because you want to look down on people for enjoying something you don't like due to your own inadequacies, but the expansion assassin attacking you and giving you thousands of gold at the very start SUCKS ASS.
I always use a mod there days that forces it to happen much later in the game, because otherwise they attack you every other night and you get rich right at the start.
>>
morrowinds gameplay is bad and thats what makes it good
there is no care taken to balance anything and that leads to all the fun
realising shit like sujama stacks so you huff 40 of them to one shot anything (your weapon also explodes on contact because durability formula takes into account your strength lol) are floodgate moments

its peak vidya and the greatest midwit filter
>>
File: plebe.png (69 KB, 304x404)
69 KB
69 KB PNG
>>683665478
Too bad you couldn't enjoy one of the all time greatest video games, maybe the new Dragon Age or Starfield is more your speed.
>>
>>683665581
there shouldn't be a hit chance. if my sword connects with an enemy, it should take damage.
>>
>>683691770
No, I just want to look down on people who get very easily flustered when people point out the very obvious flaws in a flawed game. I still think it's quite a relaxing game to play, but it isn't the masterpiece RPG it's made out to be. I would have much preferred if it had proper dialogue trees like other CRPGs of the era.

I apologize that I didn't play 'Rrowind in 2002 like everyone else, I'm sure I would have thought it was the bee's knees at the time, but alas, I didn't. Can't play every video game everywhere.
>>
>>683691770
And that's assuming your puny level 2 character even survives.
>>
Discovered that unarmed is ecretly very useful on low/mid levels. I aggroed civilians in Balmora and knocked them out repeatedly to get about level 60 unarmed before going adventuring.

Playing on highest difficulty where enemies basically 1 or 2 shot you. I could take out dremora lords by stunlocking and knocking them down repeatedly (even if they're immune to normal weapons, fists can hurt them)

Even after getting daedric weapons, it was still helpful to stagger and knock down enemies with my fists before ganking them with daedric stuff.
>>
>>683666486
lol
>>
>>683691486
b-but the camera now shakes and you grunt when you swing your weapon!
>>
>>683690197
Knowing it has shit combat shouldn't stop you from playing it. It's still a better game than a lot of games with good combat.
>>
>>683691183
It's ok for damage calculations, but not for hit-or-miss decisions.
>>
>>683670309
>no one can finish this remake which is stuck eternally in development hell
>I know! let's start a remake of the next episode!
>>
I just got Morrowind in the last steam sale. Never played it before. Should I try to get it running with the code patch or use openmw instead for a first playthrough?
>>
>>683691521
With proper balance you should feel like you're slowly getting stronger, but it's all or nothing in Morrowind.
You cheese monsters using buggy mechanics until you suddenly oneshot them by normal means.
Becoming OP doesn't feel smooth, it's few big jumps and the need to use tricks until you're godlike makes it worse.
If you were okayish without tricks it would feel more smooth, but you're not enough to not cheese until you're really overpowered.
This is not only combat issue, it's also content presentation issue.
Ofc in open-world nonlinear game it's tricky, but even if you just follow the main questline you feel like this.
>>
Anyone have the webm where the UI is all slopped up and the PC keeps missing on one of the crabs from crab rave?
>>
>>683665581
Morrowind has shit combat.
I understand it perfectly.
>enchant my weapon to give 100 str and skill for 2 seconds to self
The problem is it's boring. Magic is the most fun aspect of the game, but there are too many restrictions on it such as high mana costs and enemies with reflect.
>>
>>683696201
Code Patch is more vanilla and lets you customize how much you want to change
>>
>>683697618
Alright. Anything else I should grab for stability/performance or is the code patch good enough?
>>
>>683686553
Oh, okay then. I simply assumed that since everyone else was acting normal and suddenly I face some insane enemies, it would be about my already high level and stats.
>>
>>683691173
And is still playable if you make use of magic/enchants.
>>
File: morrochad.jpg (172 KB, 1456x1044)
172 KB
172 KB JPG
>>683665478
seethe and cope skyrim baby.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9B3nkImD0Q4

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.