[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: grimdawn.jpg (280 KB, 616x353)
280 KB
280 KB JPG
>new to Grim Dawn, still playing on my first character (2handed bleed warder)
>elite difficulty
>about to fight Bloodfeast, the Ruthless for a side quest
>a fucking nemesis monster spawns in during the boss encounter
>it's the nemesis monster that makes smaller copies of itself when you kill it
>manage to kill the nemesis and Bloodfeast without dying on my first try

I fucking love this game
>>
>>683668627
I've put over 200 hours into this game just restarting on veteran mode. I'll literally never beat it. I even have it installed. I hate it kind of but don't?
>>
File: GD.png (612 KB, 1562x383)
612 KB
612 KB PNG
>>683670476
Scratch that. Over 100 hours
>>
Glad you're enjoying the game anon.
>>
>tfw can't change your class combo
guess I'll mop up whatever achievements I have left with my unga archon then
>>
>>683668627
I had 3 lvl 15 characters when I forgot about this. When does it get REALLY good?
>>
>>683671143
The game becomes exponentially more awesome on the higher difficulties.
>>
>>683671143
Probably a personal thing. If you tried 3 characters, presumably with 3 different builds, and it didn't click yet it might not. When I wasn't getting anywhere personally, I looked up a Deathknight build and the difference made everything just fall into place. Now it's one of my most played ARPG.
>>
>>683671441
>looking up builds instead of taking whatever makes the damage number the biggest
Now why would I ever do that?
>>
>>683672640
Because if you don't know what all the numbers behind that big damage number means, you won't understand why you're current build is shit and needs tweaking. Not even in the autistic theory crafting that basement dwellers get into but basic shit that lets you know why certain skills/items work well together and others don't.
>>
>>683670476
Same? I refuse to play this game without permadeath and keep getting build-checked around level 20.
>>
this or last epoch?
>>
>>683671143
Some builds start coming together as soon as Act 2 but others want esoteric damage conversions and item procs so those can feel jank for a while
>>
>>683668627
Grats anon, that'd be a real hard sell of a fight, chupacabra's a nigger at the best of times
>>683672969
Every class except Demo and Soldier lol has at least one skill that trivializes levelling, just use that for 20 - 30 levels until your real skill comes online. Shaman has Devouring Swarm, Necro has Spectral Wrath, Inquisitor has Word of Pain etc etc
>>
>>683668627
Thats cool anon but I really hope youre not following a build someone else made. Only losers play ARPGs that way.
>>
>>683676680
Fuck build guides, I'm playing blind the way god intended
>>
>>683672989
Grim dawn by far, last epoch is alright but still clearly unfinished.
Play grim dawn now and give last epoch a year or so before giving it a shot.
>>683672969
You're probably spreading your skill points too thin. Focus on just 1 damage skill and putting points into your mastery bar.
Also you should get your resistances as high as possible, you can mostly ignore offensive stats on your gear early.
>>
>>683676038
>>683680542
>stick to one skill
okay i'll try that I've been pepperring skillpoints across random stuff because i don't know much about the game.
>>
inb4 grim yawn
>>
>>683672989
I think they're both good and you shouldn't make yourself choose between them
>>
>>683680735
I usually do 2 points in the damage skill and 1 point in the mastery bar. Then once the skill is maxed out you look at the the passive buffs to your damage type and your defenses.
You don't even need to choose a second class until way later usually. Its better to just focus on one until the second difficulty.
>>683676038
soldier has forcewave, isn't that pretty good? I think demo molotovs are decent too. idk I haven't used either class much, my demo playthrough was fire strike.
>>
>>683668627
I always end up playing a Cadence soldier whenever I try this game. I might do something different in the early game but once I get that guaranteed Cadence buffer drop from the beast in the Arkovian mines I can't resist making the switch
>>
File: 1721898694.png (290 KB, 725x498)
290 KB
290 KB PNG
>>683676038
>except soldier
Go 2H forcewave and you will. Try to not talk shit like a dumb fuck. And (not needed) but it has 2H MIs you can effortlessly get without trying, like the Obsidian War Cleaver.
>>683681284
I made a Sorc' recently and levelled it primarily as Demo. Cocktail into Cluster. Just press those 2 over and over and everything dies while you walk. And to anyone who is struggling at all, don't bother playing Veteran, even if you have a good build. The 10% XP boost is a total meme and waste of time.
>>
Thoughts on reign of terror? Any fun class combos?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.