[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Tips for a first time playthrough?
>>
>>683668954
If you want to be sure you can complete the game, go for a pretty basic guns approach. Max out Standard guns and the rifle can carry you through the game. Learn which ammo types to use on which enemies, don't just blindly spray. Pick up a few points into hacking, maybe a bit of low-tier PSI abilities, but don't spread yourself too thin by going into six different trees, it'll only fuck you over.

I'd suggest making a user.cfg in the game folder and putting the line
gun_degrade_rate 0.4
in there. The base rate that weapons break is unnecessarily high and while you can repair them, it's tedious and requires a lot of repair kits, plus more points invested into the repair skill to help with it.

On later playthroughs you can mess around with different PSI builds, they're a lot more fun but very clunky for your first playthrough, the controls are wonky due to it being a late 90s video game.
>>
>>683668954
Invest points into repair
>>
File: 1699607955802869.gif (4 KB, 58x84)
4 KB
4 KB GIF
>>683668954
wrench to save ammo but don't be stupid about it, some enemies are worth just shooting
get 1 energy just for laser pistols, they're good against robots and you can carry multiples and even cycle them on overcharge to really fuck things up for free
maintenance is important, repair is not
assault rifle and grenade launcher are totally busted and trivialize the game
exotic and heavy is generally not worth high investment and are one point wonders
psi is totally retarded, either ignore it or go full retard. No inbetween.
>>
>>683668954
The first section of the game is the big stumbling block. Do a practical build that will help you survive in combat, don't invest into niche stuff early. I would not bother with PSI on a first playthrough.
>>
>>683671530
>psi is totally retarded, either ignore it or go full retard. No inbetween.
This is a retarded take since literally all the useful psi abilities are in the first three tiers.
>>
>>683668954
rape Shodan
>>
>>683672362
kind of, but you should only mix psi with other disciplines if you know what you're doing. a first time player might waste a ton of modules on a psi ability that sounds cool but turns out to be pure dogshit. fucking up your first build is unavoidable in these kinds of games, system shock especially, but psionics is such an investment there's really not a whole lot of room for error if you're also trying to juggle other weapon types along with it.
>>
>>683673162
>Get tier 3 psi, healing, power recharge and 1 point in energy weapons
>become unstoppable
So simple and obvious a chimp could do it.
>>
>>683668954
Max swimming.
>>
>>683673517
Wait a minute that's Deus Ex
I loved the demo
>>
Touch me
>>
>>683673407
I'm guessing that's not properly balanced to prevent you infinitely cycling your health and power?
>>
go full space wizard with melee
most OP build
>>
>>683673664
both of those abilities are massively game breaking, but they don't work in tandem. they function by taking meager amounts of psi and turning them into health and ammo for energy weapons, and there is absolutely no shortage of psi replenishing items. if you want to have infinite ammo and never die, i don't think system shock is the game for you.
>>
>>683668954
Just enough exotic to use the weird alien crystal.
>>
>>683668954
to avoid softlocks, you need at least one point research, and 3 in Hack. The Reasearch one you need early on, and the hack 3 you need nearer the end of the game.
>>
>>683674782
Don't you get free points in Research if you don't invest in it or am I remembering it wrong?
>>
>>683668954
Going full standard is the easiest way to play the game as the shotgun is very good and the assault rifle is massively OP. Any build can and should use 1 point in heavy weapons for the OP grenade launcher (and if you modify/upgrade it once, you get double damage). Energy weapons delete cyborgs and mechs, but you will have to rely on your grenade launcher or light saber to deal with flesh which are some of the most difficult enemies in the game. Going for more than 1 point in heavy weapons or going into exotic weapons is not worth it, despite exotic weapons having the best melee weapon in the game by far. You want some hack (like 3), research (2?), and maintenance (2 or more). Repair isn't really worth it. Psi is generally for advanced players, but you can read a guide on the best psi abilities and use those if you want.
>>
>>683669358
>my advice is: cheat
>>
File: 1717757991503623.jpg (95 KB, 850x1045)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
>>683668954
Don't be one of those retards who turn off the music because "it's not horror"

Maybe... get this - it's not supposed to be horror? Maybe people are retards for saying this is a horror game? Besides, later music is more atmospheric and not as upbeat.
>>
>>683675349
You are right, there is no softlocks
>>
File: FxZViqlWcAM2p9f.jpg (183 KB, 800x1200)
183 KB
183 KB JPG
go navy first
>>
>>683668954
put everything into research

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.