[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1680640807069.webm (1.83 MB, 1920x1080)
1.83 MB
1.83 MB WEBM
Has it been clear enough that Japanese people are the masters of the current video game industry?

Ever since the Switch claimed the world stage since day 1, nothing that the West has produced has surpassed the sheer creative power of Japanese video games.

>80's
Absolute Japanese dominance

>90's
Absolute Japanese dominance

>00's
Relative Japanese dominance, the West starts releasing titles that compete with the Japanese industry

>10's, first half
Decline of Japanese industry, the West finally catches up by exploiting technological progress. Indies gain importance.

>10's second half
Japan releases the Nintendo Switch, it blasts through the industry's standards and becomes the new standard

>20's
The Switch Standard stays the most relevant metric for the industry worldwide by expanding its library with even better games. The West produces several important titles, but they simply cannot compete individually against such a massive beast that is current Nintendo.

You may disagree with some details of my post, but you know deep inside that you agree with the main point of my post.
>>
>onimai
Stay
>>
>>683672787
>japan
Literally who. All the best PC games where made on the West, and console games are for kiddies and casual plebs.
>>
File: 1718097088768630.png (21 KB, 700x480)
21 KB
21 KB PNG
>>683672787
>>
>>683676406
Fuck your shitty wrong subjective opinion seriously
>>
poor jap ppl they peaked :(

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.