[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: o1vHIpf7WGhgk4Fu1wdxLLne.jpg (181 KB, 1024x1024)
181 KB
181 KB JPG
What went wrong?
>>
Development hell
Even then,I still liked it. But I admit it doesnt feel as Ueda-esque as the rest of his games.
>>
>>683674669
Slow, boring, and pretentious. And controlling the beast is a pain in the ass
>>
File: 1708976578863710.jpg (50 KB, 1024x1024)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
>>683674669
The world is comprised mostly of plebeians such as >>683675392 that were mistankenly attracted to these games by Shadow of the Colossus and its open world and grandiose scale, which were subsequently let down by the lack of lowest common denominator pandering in The Last Guardian making a ruckus online.
Never let their inferiority affect your aristocratic spirit.
>>
>>683674669
Nothing. TLG is a masterpiece just like Ueda's other works. The sense of frailty and vulnerability that is instilled by playing as the little boy, and how quickly reliant the game makes you upon Trico. The atmosphere, the visuals, the sense of mystery and danger as you explore an unfamiliar landscape and try to unlock answers and a way home. I felt a deep connection and adoration for Trico and his well-being the entire time and the story and how beautifully the music ties in to the setting and what's happening made this game one of the most impactful and soulful works I've ever personally experienced.
>>683675392
>Slow, boring
Filtered pleb.
>pretentious
Buzzword that lost its meaning because you zoomers throw it everywhere.
>And controlling the beast is a pain in the ass
The thing about people playing TLG is most of them just want to beat the puzzles/levels ASAP. They don't have patience and don't realize that Trico is supposed to be a creature just like dogs, it needs to be trained and it needs to grow to trust you. People need to come at it from the perspective Ueda intended in interviews of what it feels like to slowly gain trust with a creature. The frustration was an intended feeling. Once you advance a bit in the game you'll get hang of the controls, Trico will trust you more and more and will start listening to your commands. Trico is one of the most believable characters in a game and the sense of scale & adventure is incredible. TLG will have a slow start but it won't take long for you to get so into it and be attached to Trico, the world and the mystery you're gonna unravel.
>>
Ratchet and Jank
>>
>>683676060
>>683676989
Pretentious boomers. Your game sucks. It's shouldn't be even be called a game.
>>
>>683677078
You shouldn't be called a human, you're Untermensch.
>>
>>683676989
>The frustration was an intended feeling
So it's bad on purpose?
>>
They fucked with the graphics too much. It didn't get enough budget and they didn't finish it in the 2000s like it was originally planned
>>
>>683674669
You tell me.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.