[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Blasphameous.jpg (98 KB, 696x834)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
I finally beat Malenia with no summons on my 2nd playthrough, but I had to switch to a blasphemous blade build to do it.
>>
>>683675821
It's been nerfed, but it's still really strong for a number of reasons.
>>
just play the game nigga stop worrying about which ingame mechanic manchildren have declared "no-no"
>>
You people are so fucking retarded, it's in the game right? So it's meant to be used. Imagine playing any other rpg, finding some dope loot and then telling yourself nahhhh it's too good.
>>
>>683677002
I was nerfed with the patch but buffed in the dlc due to the talisman of the dread and bloodsucking tear synergy
>>
>>683677138
Remind me, what do those do?
>>
>>683675821
Everything but an unupgraded shortsword at level 1 is cheating.
>>
>>683677126
Relax nigger, the day that Mitsubishi passes away he will release his will and only people that used only the ALLOWED builds will be able to play the new Fromsoftware game.
>>
>>683677184
Talisman of the dread buffs magma by 14%, so the ash of war's damage, and bloodsucking tear gives a 20% buff at the cost of draining 1% of your hp per second.
>>
>>683677286
Wait, how the fuck is Taker's Flame considered magma? It doesn't leave a linger patch on the ground.
>>
>>683677378
Idk I guess it's because lava comes from the ground when you use the ash of war.
>>
It's not cheating, the game is just not that hard.
>>
it's by far the strongest piece of equipment (including spells, summons, talismans etc) in the game
>>
>>683675821
it's definitely super strong, I watched my friend that hadn't played a single player game since the ps2 kill malenia with it
>>683677126
I mean, if you find something that's insanely strong it's not retarded to decide not to use it because you feel like it'll ruin the game for you. then again, this is souls games we're talking about, every weapon plays the same except for the ashes of war, and even then 90% of them are just "press to kill enemy in one hit" buttons
>>
>>683677627

Was this before or after 1.12 when it got nerfed. I heard before the nerf Malenia was a pushover because you could endlessly stun her with this.
>>
I think I played the DLC in hard mode, I was getting hit like a truck, most hits I was losing half my health bar, but then I watched streamers play and they barely get hit a fifth. Is the Radagon Soreseal just bad?
>>
>>683677753
Yes, -15% damage reduction makes huge difference in the late game
>>
>>683677724
Before the DLC Blasphemous Blade weapon art had hard knockdown property. Which can be chained against enemies susceptible to it. Which Malenia is. I think it's still impossible to hard lock her down, unless maybe you execute it frame-perfectly, because she can initiate a hyperarmor animation and break out of the loop.
>>
>>683677753
>Is the Radagon Soreseal just bad?

Don't use this thing after like level 100 wtf. You take 15% more damage for like 20 levels worth it stats which don't matter whence you reach level 100+. Also did you collect the scadutree fragments? It gives up to a 52% reduction in damage.
>>
>>683677852
>>683677882
I already beat the DLC, but I did struggle a lot, I didn't think it was so bad, but it seems like all the damage negation stacks in the end and if you have that it just fucks you up so bad.
>>
Weird how a lot of weapons and spells from the base game remained some of the best and a lot of DLC stuff is pretty mediocre with very few outliers like Bloodfiend's arm, backblade, claws of night, messmer soldier spear, Ancient meteoric ore GS, faux, DK long Axe, Impenetrable thorns, knight lightning spear, pest spear threads and fleeting microcosm.
>>
File: ydbtg tier list.png (1.66 MB, 1317x3255)
1.66 MB
1.66 MB PNG
>>683675821
It's still "the best weapon in the game" despite being nerfed, according to the autist who treats Elden Ring like a spreadsheet simulator
>>
>>683677753
Everything just hurts badly in DLC, but by the time you reach the DLC recommended level, the Soreseals have far outlived their usefulness. They're early-mid game items, which help your build to come online.
>>
>>683677973
you get most of your damage negation by 10 scadu levels. The first 2 scad levels give like 17 percent (total).
>>
>>683677973

Damage negation and buffing multiplicative rather than additive in this game.
>>
>game gives you buttload of options to play it
>YOU DIDN'T BEAT THE GAME
Not playing the game is beating the game.
>>
>>683677978
The new weapons are mostly good though. like fire knight weapons or black steel weapons, they are ones of the best in their category. And yeah the new spells are super underwhelming and need some buffs to be uaseable
>>
I used the chicken leg to beat everything and I dont regret it
>>
If you chug pots against enemies who do not heal, you didn't beat the game.
>>
>>683678425
>chicken leg

I also used bloodfiends arm to beat everything except radahn where I switched to a thrusting shield.
>>
>>683678519
I still bonked him with it but it was a bit harder in phase 2
>>
>>683677627
>it's not retarded to decide not to use it because you feel like it'll ruin the game for you
Yes it is, it's extraordinarily retarded. Every other RPG or every other game ever, people get excited when they find good loot and they try their best to build a strong character which works well. It's only a subgroup of the "Soulsborne" community that has this absolutely autismal obsession with knowingly and intentionally playing poorly in pursuit of challenge, as if beating these video games in some delusionally imagined """correct""" way were their only source of self-esteem or something. When the devs make a game and put some mechanic or item in, it's meant to be used. If they think it's broken or OP, then they fucking patch it, which From has already done many times to ER already.
>>
>>683678729
>If they think it's broken or OP, then they fucking patch it, which From has already done many times to ER already.

To be fair does anyone actually think impenetrable thorns is balanced.
>>
>>683678376
I feel like some weapons would really benefit from hyper armor in ther ashes of war like poleblade of the bud, spear of the impaler, sunflower, also some feel like inferior versions of other weapon like putrecent cleaver,devonia hammer and raddahn weapons not to mention the awful smithscript weapons, perfume weapons and the way to annoying to manage euporia

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.