[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 0358-w58.jpg (90 KB, 1106x1012)
90 KB
90 KB JPG
Is Dark Souls hard?
>>
maybe
not for me though, im an advanced gamer. i dont die in video games.
>>
>>683679140
Only if you lack reading comprehension.
>>
I think I spent like 40 hours on manus
>>
Only if you have the hand-eye coordination of a toddler.
>>
>>683679374
Post Brain scan, I want to see the tumor.
>>
>>683679140
I thought it wasn't very fun. So I guess I might struggle to finish it.
>>
not if u watch anime
>>
>>683679436
I've been on a waitlist for over 9 months. Canada is great.
>>
File: 1713243411279720.jpg (49 KB, 480x480)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
By all accounts, yes.
It doesn't hold your hand one bit. It literally just tells you the controls and then throws you out into the world "go and explore".
It leaves it completely to you to figure out what to do. Problem is most people nowadays play with guides or after watching their favourite eceleb play the game and already know everything. Of course thats going to make the game trivial.

Theres a difference between going into the Catacombs underleveled and being ganked by reviving skeletons. Or going there after getting the Lordvessel with the free divine club you get and then jumping the shortcut straight to pinwheel.
Maybe you go all the way to the Tomb of the Giants before realising its blocked off and now you have to walk all the way back to Firelink Shrine.
Imagine you explore the Depths and all of a sudden a frog coughs at you and now you're stuck with half health. Right before an area with the toxic blowdarts.
Of course in the modern era you are just going to look up how to cure curse. But if you weren't a nigger you'd have to figure that out on your own, or deal with the consequences.
You go and ring the first bell and aren't told to go to Blighttown. You pick up the Key to the lower undead burg somewhere earlier and organically explore your way from there.
Or you find the way from Darkroot to the Valley of the Drakes to Blighttown and wonder why you can never upgrade your weapon past +5 because you missed the Ember in the Depths.

Talking about DS1 here mostly. DS2 had little of this and DS3 completely abandoned it, biggest problem being the fast travel from the start and the mostly linear progression.

People have this skewed opinion on "difficulty". They literally think "If i don't die every 25 seconds the game is tooo easy" which is absolutely retarded. The difficulty wasn't in the combat itself back in the day.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.