[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: attackonblightin.png (702 KB, 914x523)
702 KB
702 KB PNG
What is the most mid game you deeply enjoyed? I liked pic related despite all the repetition and boss enemies being far too passive and slow.
>>
Original deus ex was pretty mid
>>
SHUT UP BITCHBOYS
>>
>>683681060
It scratchs an itch no other game does.
>>
>>683681597
I'm not cultured enough to recognize this on sight, whats its name?
>>
>>683681723
Kingdom under Fire. Heroes, to be specific.
>>
>>683681060
Dungeon Lords.
From one of the creators of Wizardry.
Wizardry classes. Third person action game. A lot of bugs. Painful dungeons. Was impossible to complete with big race character, because you won't fit in story door. I'm not joking.
Still I love this game. Unbalanced buggy, but interesting and sometimes unreasonably hard, game.
>>
>>683681060
I'm too embarassed because I just found out they are abandoning it in early access. But second place comes to Necesse that apparently they are still fucking updating and just announced a graphics overhaul yesterday.
>>
File: 2.png (1.35 MB, 2203x549)
1.35 MB
1.35 MB PNG
>>683681060
I like playing mediocre metroidvanias or platformers like Deaths Gambit, Chasm, Crypt Stalker etc.
I think it's a nice palette cleanser to play something mediocre as long as it doesn't take too much time to beat, even though I have enough "good" games to keep me busy for years
>>
>>683682416
Try TRISTOY and Abyss Odyssey
>>
Have fallen out of enjoying video games for 10 years, except Death Stranding and Cyberpunk. Feel like I am just going through the motions and not out of want but obligation. Played pic for the first time last month and it reminded me that it wasn't me but what the industry has become that killed that enjoyment.
>>
>>683681060
As mid as any AAA game, but it gameplay loop is unbelievably solid.
>>
File: Photo_2024-06-13-074845.png (2.99 MB, 1920x1080)
2.99 MB
2.99 MB PNG
>>683681060
I love the music and atmosphere of Starfield, but I also really enjoy the rock shooting gameplay of No Man's Sky
>>
File: Breed_Coverart.png (160 KB, 256x363)
160 KB
160 KB PNG
>>683681060
Breed. I'm fairly convinced I'm one of the 10 people who have played this. It was an Eurojank halo clone with generic space marines fighting against generic robots with a half-baked and half finished campaign.

But it also had features I have never since seen in a video game (at least not all at once). Every map was huge and fully explorable with vehicles. Flying vehicles had a rich flight model with landing gear VTOL and stuff. There was a huge transport ship with working doors and interior, not like Battlefield where you used numbers to switch between posts.
Almost every building could be blown up.
You could literally fly to space, and there was a kilometer long space carrier there with a fully realized interior.
And all this 20 years ago.

It was jank as hell, but it rubbed my autism just the right way.
>>
>>683683242
To expand - half the game is on your head.
>"Who is the next guy I should target?"
>"How do I reach the chieftains?"
>"Which fortress should I target next?"
I think the best AAA games have the quality; Elden Ring, BotW etc
>>
>>683681060
All of the God Eater games and Scarlet Nexus/Code Vein. My guilty pleasure for mediocre anime games. I fucking know most of the lore and paid attention to the story. Despite all the flaws, there are kino parts in the games like the music.
>>
>>683682818
Tristoy looks REALLY jank but I Might give Abyss Odyssey a try, I have it in my library already anyways .
>>
>>683683692
>My guilty pleasure for mediocre anime games
The God Eater series are far from mediocre anime games, if you want those you should try some Tales Of games. God Eater has a pretty cool story, mostly good characters and incredibly fun gameplay. Code Vein is pretty meh and I didn't even bother trying Scarlet Nexus so i can't say anything about it.
>>
I went thru Metal Max Xeno enough times to get everything and "enjoyed" it, partly due to having nothing else to do and dealing with insomnia
>>
>>683681060
Ys 8
I loved that shit
>>
>>683683394
This one sounds especially interesting, I'm screencapping that.
>>
>>683681060
It only really gets difficult in expedition mode's NG+ cycles. But it's still fun.
>>
>>683682416
Death's Gambit really feels like it's close to greatness but I can't even put my finger on what's holding it back.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.